Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PleasusChrist posted:

Yeah pretty inconvenient, but the left will always be PC and the right will alternate between Xbone and PC, so it isn't a big issue for me.

Until you want a third...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

Spoiler: You will never pay the asking price on a pickup.

You absolutely CAN. But it would be horrible to do so.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I didn't buy it per se but I got enough Saarioinen macaroni box lid codes to order myself a "free" printed T-shirt:

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
Expensive month so far.

Bought two of these for my pickup because my old ones decided to drop a cell.

Bought these plus some pliers and toolbag to throw in my work truck.

Dropped my old phone in the toilet a week ago so went ahead and upgraded

got mine with the grey ballistic nylon back

aaaannd then I head to take my dog to the vet because he hosed up his leg somehow. Some antiobiotics and some pain meds and he's doing better now.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Solid wood dresser
. Stacked discounts to bring the price down another $85

A shitload of high-CRI LED bulbs
. Enough to replace every incandescent management put in here, I think.

Washer and dryer. Got another $65 or so off with discounts.

6-quart electric pressure cooker
. I've never used a pressure cooker before, but people in here seem to like this one.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Toast Museum posted:

Solid wood dresser

Please share what those discounts are. I'm in need of a dresser. Coupon codes?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
A whoooole bunch of us brought an Instant Pot in the last page it seems.

Since mine was for mom, I got the older model, the IP-LUX60 one since they won't use most of the functions, and the main difference between that one and the DUO-60 seems to be the Yogurt making.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

goku chewbacca posted:

Please share what those discounts are. I'm in need of a dresser. Coupon codes?

I had a 12% off code from the post office for changing my address (also how I got 10% off the washer/dryer), and RetailMeNot was selling $50 Overstock gift cards for $40, so I bought as many as they'd let me, which turned out to be four. Had I been willing to wait it out and see if they'd let me buy more gift cards tomorrow, I might have gotten another $40 off, but with only a handful of that dresser left in stock, I didn't want to risk it.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Toast Museum posted:

Solid wood dresser

Really nice. Especially if it fits with your other stuff. The price isn't too crazy either.

new shoes. Need to post them since people like to hate on shoes! This thread needs some action

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Mar 30, 2016

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Are those blue Sambas? I've got a burgundy pair that are excellent, but they are too beat up to wear to work now... thanks to raw denim indigo bleed, they look dope but dirty.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

CaseFace McGee posted:

Are those blue Sambas? I've got a burgundy pair that are excellent, but they are too beat up to wear to work now... thanks to raw denim indigo bleed, they look dope but dirty.

They are Campus. I really like them and like to think they look nice with most casual outfits. The other are vans atwood in textile black/gray which also look quite nice to me. That's until they get dirty and fugly

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

You guys need to get a pressure cooker recipe thread. I would totally buy one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you link these? I absolutely love them.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Last night my wife and I decided to check out a store called "Dirt Cheap" and I picked up a brand new, unopened 7th gen iPod nano for $59. Most of the stuff in the store was crap but I was happy with my score.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Toast Museum posted:

Any recipe suggestions?

Pretty much anything that is traditionally cooked in a pot does well in a pressure cooker, it just takes less time. Even common dishes like potatoes go faster - I can cook 5 pounds of potatoes in about 15 minutes and I think they're better because you can put them on a steamer insert and they don't get watery.

A few things I've made in mine that stand out - Chicken Masala (yes, it doesn't meet the technical definition of a masala but it was still really good), Butternut squash Risotto, Carnitas, Barbacoa, and Cheesecake (you'll have to buy a 7" springform pan for that one.)

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Is it good to cook up meat with some seasoning? ie chicken, ground beef

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
You can use it to brown meat or sweat aromatics using the saute function, but to actually pressure cook something requires liquid to be present so if you aren't making a soup/stew/chili or cooking meat in broth or a sauce you'd just be boiling/steaming it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You can do a mean pork shoulder in one and it doesn't need to be swimming.
I cannot wait to make shredded Cajun chicken gumbo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Toast Museum posted:

Apparently it was briefly $20 cheaper a month ago, but gently caress it, I just pulled the trigger on one too. Any recipe suggestions?

I got mine several pages ago. So far my favorite things to cook in them are pork tenderloin with onions/apples and whole chickens. Simple stuff that doesn't require a ton of different ingredients. I've had trouble getting rice to cook right in it, and honestly it's probably almost just as fast to cook it in a pan unless you're cooking like brown rice or something. Anyway I think you'll really like it - the recipes can be as simple or complex as you want. There's a lot of decent recipes on the instant pot website, but usually what I do is look at pressure cooker recipes in general - they will work too, just keep in mind that the instant pot's high pressure mode is slightly lower PSI than a standard cooker, so your cooking times might need an extra 5-10 minutes. My only complaint so far is if you're using it in slow cooker mode you have to keep opening it to check on it instead of being able to see through the lid like a standard slow cooker, but with my limited counter space I couldn't have both.

e: also to respond to the guy who said the thing about broths - yes it's true you need some liquid in it to pressure cook, but I've still been able to make chickens with crispy skin and doesn't come out like you "boiled" it. Just brown the skin first and then put your vegetables on the bottom and prop the meat on top and it won't get too much wetter than it would in a roast pan in the oven.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Mar 30, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Inzombiac posted:

Can you link these? I absolutely love them.

Got mine in an actual store, but it's those in collegiate navy (last color on there) http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Origin...das+campus+blue

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Bought a TV I don't need because it was cheap

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-43-c...459348414075sbe

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

obi_ant posted:

You guys need to get a pressure cooker recipe thread. I would totally buy one.

Yeah, payday is tomorrow and I need to order something to justify my shelling out for Amazon Prime earlier this year :toot:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Murphy Brownback posted:

My only complaint so far is if you're using it in slow cooker mode you have to keep opening it to check on it instead of being able to see through the lid like a standard slow cooker, but with my limited counter space I couldn't have both.

They sell a glass lid for just this purpose. If you have a 5/6 quart pot with a glass lid you might check to see if it fits, I have a glass lid from a 5 quart pot from ikea that fits the inner vessel.

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug
Got myself a Steam Controller. Using it with Dark Souls 2 atm, and it's surprisingly nice.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Polymetric posted:

Got myself a Steam Controller. Using it with Dark Souls 2 atm, and it's surprisingly nice.

How consistently can you do a guard break/leap attack?

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug
I actually bound the two back bumpers to those. So it's only one button to do them!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yeah, payday is tomorrow and I need to order something to justify my shelling out for Amazon Prime earlier this year :toot:

I don't know if it's still possible but there was a SA-MART thread for splitting Prime memberships. I still have mine, going on a second year. It's was like $12 or something.

colas has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Mar 31, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon isn't allowing new groups to be formed. They have to be in the same household now.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Found these yesterday in a local SportsDirect "liquidation sale" ... They were down £25 and the wife said they were alright (which is a rarity with my trainers), so here they sit on my floor.

Hyper-comfortable, almost like slippers. Would recommend.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bought one of these for my mother. It's a great little TV, but one big flaw - having two separate feet at each end of the TV rather than a single stand.

Had to go and buy a new TV cabinet to put it on :doh:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Gorilla Salad posted:

Bought one of these for my mother. It's a great little TV, but one big flaw - having two separate feet at each end of the TV rather than a single stand.

If anyone else runs into an issue like this, they have these things: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tab...9437459&sr=1-15 and there's cheaper versions of them too.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'll be wall mounting it so I'll be ok in that regard.

However, I was planning on putting it in our bedroom and moving our 32" out to the kid's play room, but I don't know that it's going to fit :ohdear: Hopefully with the thin bezel it won't be substantially bigger than our existing set. Oh well, the kid's would probably use it more anyway.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

dreesemonkey posted:

I'll be wall mounting it so I'll be ok in that regard.

However, I was planning on putting it in our bedroom and moving our 32" out to the kid's play room, but I don't know that it's going to fit :ohdear: Hopefully with the thin bezel it won't be substantially bigger than our existing set. Oh well, the kid's would probably use it more anyway.

Does your kid's play room double as a hospital waiting room, or something?

Please don't actually mount the new one that high, for the love of your children's necks.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

FordPRefectLL posted:

my dad and i just went in on this

Nice. I still sort of resent my mother selling her Cessna 172 back around 2001, but she wasn't flying it enough to make it worthwhile. Nice thing about plane ownership is that it's like owning a home in a market that keeps going up. She bough her 172 back in around 1988, and after all the fuel, tiedown/landing fees, insurance, and inspection fees, when she sold it 11 years later she broke even as the prices just kept going up.

Naturally a dentist bought it, so I imagine he's long dead and the airframe is circulating as beer cans.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

Please don't actually mount the new one that high, for the love of your children's necks.

This is our bedroom, at this point I had just finished the remodel. There is now furniture in there. Picture for reference of "Is a 11" larger tv going to fit up there?"

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

DrBouvenstein posted:

I mounted one lower, but unfortunately it was too low as my four year old took a Skylander trap and scratched the front of the display to poo poo.

He didn't know he couldn't do it. Jokes on me, I never told him that he couldn't.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TraderStav posted:

I mounted one lower, but unfortunately it was too low as my four year old took a Skylander trap and scratched the front of the display to poo poo.

He didn't know he couldn't do it. Jokes on me, I never told him that he couldn't.

I don't remember much from back when I was four but I'm pretty sure scratching the television wasn't a thing I wanted to do. (Of course glass didn't scratch easily anyway.)

I now feel superior to a four-year-old child I've never even met :smugmrgw:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't remember much from back when I was four but I'm pretty sure scratching the television wasn't a thing I wanted to do. (Of course glass didn't scratch easily anyway.)

Kids man, they're unpredictable.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jerry Cotton posted:

I had a magnet set and access to a CRT when I was four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Degauss was enough for me and began my downward spiral into psychedelic drug use.