Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

P-Mack posted:

I don't think this is happening since a) Falme had its own entry in that costuming reference map that got posted a while back, and b) this episode mentions ships disappearing in the *west*, not the south.

yeah, falme is the proper introduction of one of the major antagonist factions and is inportant to the story of multiple main characters, that's not something that can just be cut out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

RandomReader posted:

Nah, I enjoy hate watching it.

Perfect username / post combo

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i hope the forsaken are a proper mindfuck for show-only viewers who still expect it to be this 100% fantasy ordeal

What does this even mean? "Magical evil bad guy's leuitenants" seems like a perfectly fine Fantasy concept :shrug:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Sab669 posted:

What does this even mean? "Magical evil bad guy's leuitenants" seems like a perfectly fine Fantasy concept :shrug:

They're expecting them to be a lil sci fi I think. Which, they might? But I could easily see a crystal spires and togas sort of future-past coming.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Gimme a scene of ishamael watching a hologram of a woman in a toga playing a harp so we really know it's an advanced society.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a handful of disgruntled sociopaths who are annoyed at the primitives around them will probably be a bit of a turn from what's been shown so far. especially if they do fun stuff with how they dress/talk.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Just give em a shocklance tbh

Liandrin certainly has a strange ter'angreal

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Just beating us over the head that she's Black Ajah, given tech from a bygone age by the dark one. Shame I would expect more subtlety then that from Rafe and co.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Hexel posted:

Is this a Black Ajah meeting? Who is that spying on them?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

Spoiler alert.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

So Alanna is a method actor, always needs food in her hands.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not a very good one, where are her Warders 😏

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Small pronunciation note: I was a bit put off by "DA-mo-dred"; I would have surely thought it would be "da-MO-dred" if for no other reason than the Arthurian/Mordred connection. It annoys me when a connection is right there in the subtext and the people doing the adaptation just don't pick up on it.

Also I kept noticing that people were pronouncing it moy-raine rather than mwa-raine, but that one doesn't much bug me because I always thought it was dumb that the book names would arbitrarily follow French and Spanish conventions seemingly at random.

I'm pretty ambivalent about "man-DRAG-o-ran", but I think I would have preferred "man-dra-GOR-an". I can't tell whether this is because I prefer the precedent of "Mandalorian" over the precedent of "Madmartigan" or what

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Random thoughts: they’re gonna implicate Moiraine’s inability to go back to the white tower in Suian’s deposition and stilling. There’s gonna be some direct cause-and-effect going on with their scheming and the oath and unintended consequences - well outside anything in the book.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sab669 posted:

Not a very good one, where are her Warders 😏

Dicking down offscreen, they're Method too.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CainFortea posted:

I'm of two minds on this. Like, turning the polygamy to more polyamory would be nice, less of a harem. But the show has done well showing intimacy without sexual relationship that it would feel kind of weird to do this one.

Also, is a harem inherently bad? Making it poly harem (two of his three partners also bang, min sticks to just Rand) would also be dope. I say the more none Christian puritanical bullshit, the better.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its good that their introducing the Warder bond now and Alanna early that way she isn't just some random Aes Sedai that shows up later when she bonds Rand.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hollismason posted:

Its good that their introducing the Warder bond now and Alanna early that way she isn't just some random Aes Sedai that shows up later when she bonds Rand.

I feel like there's a good chance Alanna ends up in Salidar with Lan instead of Mierin and they just skip the unethical bonding bit entirely

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I saw a fun theory regarding the leaked gifs:

The one where a huge bolt of energy comes down from the clouds and nukes the battlefield is Rand teleporting in from the Eye. Somebody did a frame by frame examination and they said initially there are 4 channelers battling shadowspawn until the clouds open up and that huge bolt of energy comes down, at which point a 5th appears in the center and nukes the battlefield. I can't isolate and see how many are there initially but there's definitely something or someone that comes down from the sky in the beam of energy

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

I feel like there's a good chance Alanna ends up in Salidar with Lan instead of Mierin and they just skip the unethical bonding bit entirely

Do you mean Myrelle? Mierin is Lanfear.

Which, you'd think Lan and Lanfear would have more to do with each other :thunk:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rarity posted:

Yeah I hope they skip it as well because its a weird part of the book. Yea Mirrille or whatever her name is isn't that interesting having it be Alanna would kind of cut down on some unnecessary stuff.

All the story changes they've made seems to be consolidation really. It would make sense for it to be Alanna , but that brings up some issues towards the end where she's kidnapped etc.. I dunno it'd probably be a change for the better.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Hexel posted:

I saw a fun theory regarding the leaked gifs:

The one where a huge bolt of energy comes down from the clouds and nukes the battlefield is Rand teleporting in from the Eye. Somebody did a frame by frame examination and they said initially there are 4 channelers battling shadowspawn until the clouds open up and that huge bolt of energy comes down, at which point a 5th appears in the center and nukes the battlefield. I can't isolate and see how many are there initially but there's definitely something or someone that comes down from the sky in the beam of energy

Rand al'Thor, Path of Daggers posted:

I am the storm.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Oh poo poo I watched the leaked gifs. :getin:

Arrinien
Oct 22, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Small pronunciation note: I was a bit put off by "DA-mo-dred"; I would have surely thought it would be "da-MO-dred" if for no other reason than the Arthurian/Mordred connection. It annoys me when a connection is right there in the subtext and the people doing the adaptation just don't pick up on it.

Also I kept noticing that people were pronouncing it moy-raine rather than mwa-raine, but that one doesn't much bug me because I always thought it was dumb that the book names would arbitrarily follow French and Spanish conventions seemingly at random.

I'm pretty ambivalent about "man-DRAG-o-ran", but I think I would have preferred "man-dra-GOR-an". I can't tell whether this is because I prefer the precedent of "Mandalorian" over the precedent of "Madmartigan" or what

The pronunciation of Damodred and Mandragoran are both straight from the book glossaries, not sure why you're blaming the adaptation.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I'm okay with the pronunciations, nothing too egregious

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rosamund Pike posted:

Episode 7 (streaming Dec. 17) is maybe my favorite. We’re going to enter at least four worlds you’ve never seen yet in the show. You can guess what one is by the end of Episode 6. But then major parts of Robert Jordan’s imagination — whole other climates and worlds we’ve never seen — they advance the story, they advance the threat, they advance the tension. And also there are other concepts that open up. We suddenly realize “new concepts of time,” I would say. Playing on the idea of “The Wheel of Time

https://screenrant.com/wheel-time-episode-7-new-worlds-details/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

one of the forsaken should dress like pete davidson

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

4 other worlds? I can only really think of 2, maaaaaybe 3 if they really book it and get to the eye in episode 7. Dream stuff would have already been introduced so it wouldn't really be "new"

Maybe flashbacks to before the breaking and Rand's birth? That could get another two.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

4 other worlds? I can only really think of 2, maaaaaybe 3 if they really book it and get to the eye in episode 7. Dream stuff would have already been introduced so it wouldn't really be "new"

Maybe flashbacks to before the breaking and Rand's birth? That could get another two.

We've seen Ishy in the kid's dreams, that's not quite the same as entering Tel'aran'rhiod

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
She's using worlds to mean different locations. We're gonna see the Ways, the Blight, Fal Dara, and the Eye.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

She's using worlds to mean different locations. We're gonna see the Ways, the Blight, Fal Dara, and the Eye.

I don't know if we'll get to the eye next episode. That wouldn't really leave much for the final episode and would rush through the former 3 locations. We do know we need to have that Rand flashback at some point so my bet is that is the 4th.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

LionArcher posted:

Oh poo poo I watched the leaked gifs. :getin:

It is taking quite a bit of willpower on my part to not do so and to keep skipping spoiler blackouts here in the thread. Only five more days till episode 7!

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

jng2058 posted:

It is taking quite a bit of willpower on my part to not do so and to keep skipping spoiler blackouts here in the thread. Only five more days till episode 7!

Just watch the gifs they're cool as heck

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Beefeater1980 posted:

Pick one of:
1) he did something bad
2) he upset someone important
3) he got some amazing opportunity elsewhere
4) other

Basically nobody knows.

“He did something bad” never seemed likely to me, since NOBODY is talking. If he was a sex-pest or started shooting heroin to nail Mat’s sickly dagger persona, someone, IMO, would have said. As far as I can tell, showrunners and all are still praising him with every breath, which they wouldn’t do if he was sex pesting.

Same with antivax, Letitia Wright has been shat upon from a great height and Black Panther is a way bigger deal.

Maybe he got Covid and got really sick with it?

There was some speculation that he “couldn’t live with himself working for Evil Amazon” but I call bullshit. Nobody hates Amazon enough to deny themselves an entire lifetime of hedonistic luxury. If this show continues to be a huge hit, these kids will be multimillionaires and bankable stars by the time it wraps after Tarmon Gaidon, and could coast the next 15 years making bank taking selfies with nerds at cons. He could come to my house, knock on my door, and tell me to my face that he quit because he hates Amazon and I’d call him a loving liar.

If I had to put a penny down, it was a serious substance abuse thing that didn’t cause him to be a problem on set but was otherwise loving him up. It explains his silence, the showrunner’s silence and the abruptness of it.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah it’s definitely this. Surprised if we see all four in one episode without it seeming rushed, though. That’s kind of a lot.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

jng2058 posted:

Same!!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Excellent!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

CainsDescendant posted:

Just watch the gifs they're cool as heck

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arrinien posted:

The pronunciation of Damodred and Mandragoran are both straight from the book glossaries, not sure why you're blaming the adaptation.

Really? Well gently caress me then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I feel like if the quit were initiated by Harris then Sony/Amazon or the cast could or would comment on it. If Sony or Amazon initiated it, nobody would say anything.

That's about all anyone can deduce about it.