Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

alien AM radio hosts trying to tell us about pleiadian horse paste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bird paste?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:tinfoil:

https://www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/army-confirms-testing-ufo-debris-secrecy-may-loom-for-years-about-results/

quote:

In October of 2019, Tom DeLonge’s company To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA) announced an agreement with the U.S. Army. It allowed TTSA to take an untold number of UFO artifacts; pieces of debris or other related material from Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) that they have collected, and take it to the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command [CCDC] to “advance TTSA’s materiel and technology innovations in order to develop enhanced capabilities for Army ground vehicles.” In other words, the Army agreed to offer their equipment to test the UAP artifacts TTSA had collected in order to see what results may appear. Those results would be mutually shared and exploited.

But has anything been done in the nearly two years since that was announced? TTSA did not want to talk about it, but The Black Vault confirmed with the U.S. Army testing has already been conducted. The only problem is that the actual results from those tests thus far, and any findings in the future, may remain secret for years or possibly even forever.

Despite the allegation the material came from UFOs; the Army had no problem expressing their interest.

“TTSA has a set of different materials, the properties of which they’re interested in investigating the properties. As materials research in general is of key interest to Army research, the Army is interested in any insights gained from investigating the properties of these materials, too,” Dr. Doug Halleaux, Public Affairs Officer for the Army’s CCDC Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC), stated in an e-mail to The Black Vault in 2019.

A press release by TTSA in October of 2019 also showed their interest in their collaboration with the U.S. Army, and stated that they, “…will share its discoveries with Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC) and Ground Vehicle Survivability and Protection (GVSP) and the U.S. Army shall provide laboratories, expertise, support, and resources to help characterize the technologies and its applications.”

Missing from the press release? They would share the results with the public.

looks like the pentagon is up to its bullshit again too lol:

quote:

The Pentagon Gets Involved

In a “Media & Public Affairs Activity Weekly Update” message sent on May 7, 2021, the U.S. Army GVSC sent out the following:

This record shows that in May, which coincides with The Black Vault’s attempts to get updates regarding the CRADA, the Department of Defense (DoD) requested that the query be shifted into their hands. Per the wording of the above, the likely PAO (Public Affairs Officer) referenced would be Susan Gough; the lone Pentagon spokesperson currently tasked with responding to all UAP and UFO related enquiries.

This is a cause for concern, since the Pentagon’s messaging regarding the UAP topic has been full of changed statements and contradicting information. If the above document does indeed reveal that the Pentagon and Gough have taken over the messaging behind the CRADA; it may be very difficult to get solid answers from the government-side of this agreement.

But wait, that’s not all.

The Pentagon Denies Being Involved

The Black Vault reached out to the Pentagon to see why they took over the messaging regarding the CRADA. According to them, the Pentagon never took over the messaging for the CRADA with TTSA, and therefore, they stated that the U.S. Army / GVSC remained the lead for any and all queries relating to it.

No formal statement was received for print, but the above was confirmed to be published for clarity.

It is unclear why documents obtained via FOIA showed there was a “request [by] the Department of Defense’s task force that was set up to work the various UFO-related topics…” and to have queries shifted to them.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol if tom delonge's shapeshifting interdimensional bird theories are correct and the army is gonna make him general of the space tank force

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
They aren't releasing results because they don't want anyone to know they got hoodwinked into doing expensive testing on a bunch of crystallized horse paste.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

alloy paste?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

They aren't releasing results because they don't want anyone to know they got hoodwinked into doing expensive testing on a bunch of crystallized horse paste.

lol yeah true the military usually loves to share their testing data of alleged UFO materials

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

pasty horse alloys

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mola Yam posted:

i think the eight crazy nights or whatever is talking about this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/dec/18/scientists-looking-for-aliens-investigate-radio-beam-from-nearby-star

signal detected in early 2019, leaked at the end of last year. the researchers involved were quite pissed off that it got leaked, since they were still investigating. "on par with the WOW! signal", apparently. not unreasonable to expect publication around now

the signal had a slight drift to it, which at the time of the leak was maybe being attributed to planetary motion around proxima centauri, but could equally be a probe within the solar system

This is a cool story.

But its also how cold readings work. You drop just enough details into a brief narrative and your mark then fills in the rest for you.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

The CDAN thing probably isn't talking about the galactic center radio transient. The wording is somewhat ambiguous: was the alleged radio signal communicating *to* the solar system, or was it *from* within the solar system? Well the galactic center is well outside our solar system. Could something in the galactic center be communicating with a probe in our solar system via radio? I suppose so yeah if they're willing to dump whole star systems into a black hole to modulate a signal I guess.

The story about the government giving then withholding UFO footage is an old and known one. This rumor is about Rob Emenegger. Grant Cameron laid the whole story out one time in his style of cocaine-fueled rant. I can't find the video now.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

This is a cool story.

But its also how cold readings work. You drop just enough details into a brief narrative and your mark then fills in the rest for you.

lmao i don't think that is cdan's gimmick but ok

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

this just looks like meteorite fragments that melt/remelted into funny shapes as it cooled in the atmosphere. maybe the army will make tanks out of "iron" with this knowledge

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2dUIUf-Htk

See if you can understand what his point is. I never can.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hey he
hey
this thread has a neat feature: watch what happens when i post this

ULTRACOMPLEX METAMATERIALS

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Rickshaw posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2dUIUf-Htk

See if you can understand what his point is. I never can.

I dont know but sitting through it left me annoyed. No payoff!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i was visiting holloman air force base and so I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

dont you get it this material is made with layers created at the atomic level which is impossibly advanced technology, i post on my phone which is filled with billions of transistors

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

not bird stuff but i dont know where else to post this.

https://twitter.com/ToughSf/status/1435987718975197186

https://twitter.com/nyrath/status/1436010987086286853

if you know what the projectrho website is, this is the guy who made it.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

dont you get it this material is made with layers created at the atomic level which is impossibly advanced technology, i post on my phone which is filled with billions of transistors

http://ceramics.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bulletin042013_maxphases.pdf

I met this guy at a conference once

He was telling a story about how he got drunk with his grad students one night and went back to his office where they spent multiple hours trying to explain how a steam locomotive worked, with diagrams

this is apparently normal for his lab

in my lab we just got drunk by ourselves, like normal

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

there it is thread delivers

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Log082 posted:

He was telling a story about how he got drunk with his grad students one night and went back to his office

oh no

Log082 posted:

where they spent multiple hours trying to explain how a steam locomotive worked, with diagrams

oh thank god. thought it was going to be a metoo story.

instead

it was

me

choo-choo

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

oh no

oh thank god. thought it was going to be a metoo story.

instead

it was

me

choo-choo

drat that's good

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Going to the bar with grad students: good

Going back to the lab, ever, after going to the bar: ill advised

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

this just looks like meteorite fragments that melt/remelted into funny shapes as it cooled in the atmosphere. maybe the army will make tanks out of "iron" with this knowledge

maybe it is just rocks but the idea that the army is taking To the Stars Academy (lol) seriously and doing tests on their poo poo, is pretty interesting i think

like...what if it is actually bird related, and that's why the army is interested?

and then there's the added layer of the pentagon contradicting itself on the UFO topic, again :911:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

if anyone has an hour to spare, watch this poo poo:

its not about UFOs, but it is bird related and its good, also smoke weed first

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rah! posted:

if anyone has an hour to spare, watch this poo poo:

its not about UFOs, but it is bird related and its good, also smoke weed first

I started the first and when the swirling music hit the narration on chemistry I realized what you just posted

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

there it is thread delivers

motherfucker manifested their reality, magic is real qed

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

I started the first and when the swirling music hit the narration on chemistry I realized what you just posted

what

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

in the second video they talk about hypothetical lifeforms, and one of them is basically living plasma

that made me think about all those alleged bird incidents that involve weird glowing orbs

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Rah! posted:

in the second video they talk about hypothetical lifeforms, and one of them is basically living plasma

that made me think about all those alleged bird incidents that involve weird glowing orbs

the plasmoids at it again

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

that I needed more weed

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I like this thread

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

I like this thread

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
does anybody itt that discovery channel(?) special about a hypothetical mission to an alien planet with animals and stuff. 15 year old me found it cool.

the tv version had some scientist/science 'popularizers' talking heads cut in but this vids just the weird cg faux documentary part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVjYtZydMuo

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

does anybody itt that discovery channel(?) special about a hypothetical mission to an alien planet with animals and stuff. 15 year old me found it cool.

the tv version had some scientist/science 'popularizers' talking heads cut in but this vids just the weird cg faux documentary part

oh that’s based on a bitch good book by Wayne barlowe and it’s full of great illustrations

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Nov 30, 2023

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

Would love to travel to a planet named Darwin in a space craft named Von Braun

(I'm sure it's a good video but that opening line was kinda funny)

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
the book is already way different. its a manned expedition and the background is humanity got saved from climate change death by benevolent aliens, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

that I needed more weed

https://i.imgur.com/S0IdAV0.mp4