Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dreezy posted:

i am so tired of all these star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Space Jam posted:

you know he was using that robe like an old tshirt to nut in

maybe a little star wars is fine

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm tired of hearing about things Yoda nutted in, since this is the RLM thread I'd rather hear about things Commander Riker nutted in.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

My Stop Making Sense 4k disc finally arrived today. So loving good.

:hellyeah:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Mega64 posted:

I'm tired of hearing about things Yoda nutted in, since this is the RLM thread I'd rather hear about things Commander Riker nutted in.

quicker to list the things he hasnt. barclay has him beat in holodeck nutting tho. no wonder hes mike's favorite character

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Jose Oquendo posted:

My Stop Making Sense 4k disc finally arrived today. So loving good.

experienced in imax. now i want holodeck technology to be there in the front row

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Holodick

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Amazon just charged me money. Turns out I forgot I preordered the UHD shoutfactory killer klowns forever ago.

Thank you, drunk ordering!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mega64 posted:

There aren't enough servers on Earth to store that list

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did Yoda do his booty dance in the qui gon robe

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Even compared to his schlock-contemporaries, Corman's movies were pretty charming. The contrast gets starker compared to the likes of Asylum, who have never made a watchable movie.

Of course now all the stories will come out about what a horrible sex-pest he was.

khwarezm posted:

https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/any...hCgYvyI6K63gLNJ

You know, I like Miller and I am looking forward to Furiosa despite some misgivings, but this kind of thing feels very out of place for a series like Mad Max and more like something you'd see from an actor working with Michael Haneke in movie about a man who Collaborated in the Holocaust.

That's pretty ominous.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Fury Road had a similarly intense shoot and we haven’t had a good moopie since, so fingers crossed

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/movies/mad-max-fury-road-oral-history.html

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Movies aren't good unless at least some of the actors experience emotional trauma.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Just like the audience sitting through it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Movies aren't good unless at least some of the actors experience emotional trauma.

Durung tbe movie, not due to evryone hating it after the fact like eternals

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Breaking Bad is fake as hell. that's not "Walter White" that's clearly Bryan Cranston literally just pretending to be a meth-dealing chemistry teacher and people actually just fell for it lmao

why are there cameras filming this? he's just planning his drug empire out in front of a whole film crew? for that matter, where do the cameras go when they cut to the opposite angle? there would be a camera in the frame situated at the position and angle that we saw it from if this was actually happening in real time, but they can't even get that right. I'm supposed to believe these were invisible cameras or something?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I imagined a “ding” after every point made there

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Why would he care that much about a fly? It's just a fly

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Cubone posted:

Breaking Bad is fake as hell. that's not "Walter White" that's clearly Bryan Cranston literally just pretending to be a meth-dealing chemistry teacher and people actually just fell for it lmao

why are there cameras filming this? he's just planning his drug empire out in front of a whole film crew? for that matter, where do the cameras go when they cut to the opposite angle? there would be a camera in the frame situated at the position and angle that we saw it from if this was actually happening in real time, but they can't even get that right. I'm supposed to believe these were invisible cameras or something?

It's a documentary on meth dealers OP, it's basically the same thing as The Office (US) (Derogatory) and The Office (UK) (Derogatory)

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Twitter should have some kind of system that ensures you’ve watched a movie (not just YouTube clips) before you can tweet about them

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Twitter should have some kind of system that ensures you’ve watched a movie (not just YouTube clips) before you can tweet about them

then all movie chat would cease, not necessarily a bad thing

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Space Jam posted:

then all movie chat would cease

Thank god. We can finally stop with the “I saw the Last Samurai poster and I have opinions!” takes!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Gutcruncher posted:

the actual hard part of this system isn't ensuring you've just watched a movie, but actually watched it, engaging with it as a story. you'd have to like, take a literacy test on every movie you want to talk about to make sure you actually engaged with it on its terms before scrambling to twitter to say "THIS MOVIE HAS A BAD PERSON IN IT, THEREFORE IT IS APPROVING THEIR ACTIONS"

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

* makes a chalk tally mark in an otherwise empty column labeled "Useful Community Notes"*

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
hosed up how they never made a Freddy vs Jason style mashup movie with Speed and Crank. Just think of the possibilities.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

shoeberto posted:

hosed up how they never made a Freddy vs Jason style mashup movie with Speed and Crank. Just think of the possibilities.

I literally only just got the speed/crank joke :saddowns:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Explain Jared Leto movies then

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
(need for) speed / crank (yankers)

nested crossovers

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Explain Jared Leto movies then

He said the actors, not the audience.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

quote:

NEW YORK (AP) — Actor Steve Buscemi is OK after he was punched in the face by a man on a New York City street, his publicist said Sunday.
The 66-year-old star of “Fargo” and “Boardwalk Empire” was assaulted late Wednesday morning in Manhattan and taken to a nearby hospital with bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye.

“Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Mid-Town Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city,” according to a statement Sunday from his publicist. “He is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes."
The assault was first reported by the New York Post.
The New York Police Department put out a nameless statement on the assault Wednesday. Buscemi’s representative confirmed Sunday that the unidentified assault victim in the police statement was the actor.
The police department said there were no arrests and the investigation was continuing.

Buscemi's “Boardwalk Empire” co-star Michael Stuhlbarg was hit in the back of the neck with a rock while walking in Manhattan's Central Park on March 31. Stuhlbarg chased his attacker, who was taken into custody outside the park.

Protect Michael Shannon!!

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Ey thats just manhattan, sometimes you get punched in the face

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Anybody that is interested in New York culture and history should check out an old documentary called The Warriors.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
new york city is a simulacrum no more real than the one in synedoche new york, a stage of the absurd, devoid of logic or reason, thats just the way she goes

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

mods change everyones name but mine to “yodas nutting robe”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Remember when some rear end in a top hat just punched Rick Moranis out of the blue? Fix your poo poo NYC!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

khwarezm posted:

https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/any...hCgYvyI6K63gLNJ

You know, I like Miller and I am looking forward to Furiosa despite some misgivings, but this kind of thing feels very out of place for a series like Mad Max and more like something you'd see from an actor working with Michael Haneke in movie about a man who Collaborated in the Holocaust.

if the folks are having fun making the movie, it's a poo poo movie, ergo etc.

priznat posted:

Protect Michael Shannon!!

steve buscemi was a volunteer firefighter in NYC while working as an actor. he helped search for survivors after 9/11, declining interviews from the press and even hiding his face from cameras. he's a real class act and he doesn't deserve getting punched in the face. I'm mad :mad:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

kalel posted:

steve buscemi was a volunteer firefighter in NYC while working as an actor. he helped search for survivors after 9/11, declining interviews from the press and even hiding his face from cameras. he's a real class act and he doesn't deserve getting punched in the face. I'm mad :mad:
how are people supposed to know whether it's him they're punching if he won't show his face? can't have it both ways, steve.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

kalel posted:

I mean it’s not like they could make his face WORSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

I mean it’s not like they could make his face WORSE

Battered Steve Buscemi named People’s Sexiest Man Alive