Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

-Blackadder- posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Fresh Off the Boat is fantastic.

I'm on episode 5 already, his mom just attacked him with the giant bunny:

"You like that?! You like that?! No? Girls don't either! Respect girls! Nightly News!

...Ok, I may have overreacted."

Thanks for the recommendation, loving it. But I read that the narrator and guy who wrote the book leaves after the first season so I hope the show doesn't suffer from the lack of narration. I think the narration adds a good deal to the show.

Also Constance Wu is smoking.

The real Eddie Huang is a complete and total shitlord douchebag and no the show does not suffer from him not being the narrator one bit. He was actually a vocal critic of the show because it didn't feature enough domestic violence and abuse, because when you sell the rights to your book to Disney you expect the sitcom to have lots of that right? Go watch anything that guy has done and you'll see that he's not an asset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

gently caress The Walking Dead up its rear end. It's been two weeks now and they are still dangling whether Glenn is dead or alive. It's season 2 with the farm all over again. gently caress these guys.

What? Didn't we very clearly see him die? And his farmhouse wife in the same episode? Dude's dead, you're being weird wondering about it. TWD sucks but this isn't why.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nah if he was explicitly dead he would have shown up on the Talking Dead show. Every major actor has after they died.

We're gonna get at least one more Glenn focused episode.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 9, 2015

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

What? Didn't we very clearly see him die? And his farmhouse wife in the same episode? Dude's dead, you're being weird wondering about it. TWD sucks but this isn't why.

I don't even watch it and i've heard people wondering if he's dead or not, it's all over the internet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Last week on Talking Dead, they were being real wishy-washy about Glenn's fate. They're purposely trying to dick viewers around with this.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Apparently Flesh and Bone is the most expensive show Starz has ever done. And holy poo poo it's bad. Just from watching the pilot, it's basically Showgirls: the tv show miniseries

Wait, so is it bad, or is it like Showgirls?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Last week on Talking Dead, they were being real wishy-washy about Glenn's fate. They're purposely trying to dick viewers around with this.

Yeah, that was pretty telling. If he was really dead they would've been a lot more boo hoo about it....

Wow, that train of thought just jumped me back to season 3 when T-Dog died. drat, that turned out to be really poignant.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please keep the Walking Dead discussion in its own thread. That contagion cannot be allowed to spread to other threads. If you want to talk about the show doing it in that terrible thread is the sacrifice that must be made.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's not cheesy bad like Showgirls, just boring bad. Just about every single character is written the same and it just tries way too hard to have them all be the most jaded, miserable & edgy people ever that it just gets annoying to watch and impossible to give a gently caress about anyone or anything on the show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So, I watched the first two episodes of TNT's Agent X, and it's 100% absurd, but in a semi-good way. It's like Human Target, 24 and National Treasure had a clone baby. Sharon Stone is the VP, and has her own Batcave where she sends a secret agent on missions for her on the behalf of the country.

Edit: Also, James Earl Jones plays the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and Jamey "Randall Flagg" Sheridan is the FBI Director.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 9, 2015

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I wish we could get some more 24. I was watching The Player the other day I realized I just can't get into any of these action shows, The Blacklist, Blindspot, Quantico, The Player, the tone just always seems too light and episodic to me. I miss good serial stuff like 24.

vvv EDIT: I watched and enjoyed the first series or whatever of Strike Back, but when they changed production the tonal shift was a bit too much. I heard one of my favorite actors, Charles Dance has a great run as a villain on it though, so I do plan on giving it another go at some point.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 9, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Have you seen Strike Back?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

-Blackadder- posted:

I wish we could get some more 24. I was watching The Player the other day I realized I just can't get into any of these action shows, The Blacklist, Blindspot, Quantico, The Player, the tone just always seems too light and episodic to me. I miss good serial stuff like 24.

vvv EDIT: I watched and enjoyed the first series or whatever of Strike Back, but when they changed production the tonal shift was a bit too much. I heard one of my favorite actors, Charles Dance has a great run as a villain on it though, so I do plan on giving it another go at some point.

Have you seen Nikita?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
So the president of Madam Secretary just executed without trial, per drone, an American citizen without the show even recognizing that the killing was extra judicial. Gross.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The creator of Clarissa Explains it All, Mitchell Kriegman, has written a book about Clarissa living in NYC called Things I Can't Explain.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

savinhill posted:

It's not cheesy bad like Showgirls

But Showgirls isn't bad... it's a Paul Verhoeven film. It's Robocop with boobs! (OK this isn't true, but Paul V films are often slated despite being really good.)

muscles like this? posted:

The creator of Clarissa Explains it All, Mitchell Kriegman, has written a book about Clarissa living in NYC called Things I Can't Explain.

Something I can't explain: why anyone would buy this. And why he hasn't let go.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Quantico is so bad I'm fuming right now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hmm.

quote:

Bob The Valkyrie

The CW have announced a new “dudebro comedy” about a man who gets chosen to become a legendary warrior tasked with saving humanity called a Valkyrie—a role usually occupied by a woman, tasking the titular Bob with defending Earth and “getting in touch with his feminine side”.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure that's literally the premise of a creepy fetish webcomic.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Thank god you beat me to saying this while I was at work. (It is. Literally it is.)

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Never go full Ranma.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SNL had its highest ratings in three years this weekend. I heard it was pretty terrible.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

EL BROMANCE posted:

Something I can't explain: why anyone would buy this. And why he hasn't let go.

I wouldn't be shocked if this sold okay because of the weird nostalgia for 90s live action Nickelodeon shows. And maybe it's an attempt to drum up interest in an adult Clarissa show (even though they already tried that once... and it didn't go well).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=befGQC1iMgI

Here's a preview for NBC's next attempt at a movie star led prestige style drama that is going to fail miserably.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Steven Universe isn't a webcomic but everything else is on point.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Only if he changes gender. If he just has to dress in skimpy armour that women are generally dressed as and I'll laugh.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zoux posted:

Here's a preview for NBC's next attempt at a movie star led prestige style drama that is going to fail miserably.
Why did they film it like a spoof? Looks like it's higher than 24p, which usually just makes a show look more like a soap opera.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

SNL had its highest ratings in three years this weekend. I heard it was pretty terrible.
It was. I'm assuming the ratings were because Donald Trump hosted. Literally every skit he was in felt uncomfortable and wrong.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

I can't wait to watch 2 episodes of this, call it "promising," and then drop it without fanfare.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ufarn posted:

Why did they film it like a spoof? Looks like it's higher than 24p, which usually just makes a show look more like a soap opera.

Come sit round the fire and let spin you a tale of the Network That Could Never Do One Right Thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wait, isn't that the premise to Stephen universe?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

I can't wait to watch 2 episodes of this, call it "promising," and then drop it without fanfare.

Seems interesting, but seems more suited to being a movie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sir Kodiak posted:

I saw the first episode and parts of it are good, it's well shot and they cast actual dancers and all, but there are some really cliched bits (the ballet director is the classic high-strung gay martinet who gets in a tizzy about no champagne at the fundraiser and seems to dramatically pose for every line) and the ending points to potential trainwreck status.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Someone timed it out and he was only on for 12 minutes of the show.

hcreight posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if this sold okay because of the weird nostalgia for 90s live action Nickelodeon shows. And maybe it's an attempt to drum up interest in an adult Clarissa show (even though they already tried that once... and it didn't go well).

I read a review of the book (which said it was surprisingly good) and it mentioned that it is set after the failed pilot and has her getting fired from that job.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Apparently Flesh and Bone is the most expensive show Starz has ever done. And holy poo poo it's bad. Just from watching the pilot, it's basically Showgirls: the tv show miniseries

How is that even possible? Spartacus and Black Sails had big period sets, 100s of extras, stunts and CGI while this is just skinny girls in rooms.

I watched 3 episodes and I'm entertained by it. I'm not saying it's good, the characters are caricatures, cliches stuffed with even more cliches. Nothing even remotely surprising happens in the episodes I've seen but yet I'm amused by the poo poo they decided to go with like the ballerinas working at the strip club. I wonder if Starz made them put that in to fill their boobs quota.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Quantico is turning into antiterrorism Glee.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 9, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vodos posted:

How is that even possible? Spartacus and Black Sails had big period sets, 100s of extras, stunts and CGI while this is just skinny girls in rooms.

I watched 3 episodes and I'm entertained by it. I'm not saying it's good, the characters are caricatures, cliches stuffed with even more cliches. Nothing even remotely surprising happens in the episodes I've seen but yet I'm amused by the poo poo they decided to go with like the ballerinas working at the strip club. I wonder if Starz made them put that in to fill their boobs quota.

They at least shot the first strip club dance in an interesting way, but yeah I think that was an issue.

Though I was also amused by them filling it by having an absolutely emaciated ballerina nude in the locker room asking for spare tampons. Like, the least sexy way to put gratuitous nudity on your show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the really irritating thing about this "Time Warner considering delaying streaming rights" thing is that they specifically singled out the superhero shows on the CW. He should talk to Mark Pedowitz about the channel's business model.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ufarn posted:

Quantico is turning into antiterrorism Glee.
Quantico is a terrible show and should only be hate watched in the vein of Under the Dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Quantico is a terrible show and should only be hate watched in the vein of Under the Dome.

I really wanted to bomb to be real and then to explode and kill all the main characters. Is that hate-watching?

• Locked thread