Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I watched it once at my parent's place and it was just some silly show, I don't know why people bitch about it

silly is ok, 10 seasons of extremely lazy writing is not ok

https://twitter.com/LyleMcDouchebag/status/692483069064933378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
not clicking

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Perplx posted:

silly is ok, 10 seasons of extremely lazy writing is not ok

this is literally how dorks are though

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
[img-i-dont-like-thing]

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

watching at all something you don't like is worse than liking a very bad thing

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

your twitter is bad imho

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I went to see one of the harry potter movies in theater with some friends, and I had no idea what was going on. like 3/4 thorugh the movie I went and smoked a cig in the movie theater bathrooms to kill time

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm honestly surprised Intel makes their CPUs as fast as they are. They are so far ahead of AMD that they would make more money by cutting R&D costs until AMD at least got within striking distance performance-wise.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I went to see one of the harry potter movies in theater with some friends, and I had no idea what was going on. like 3/4 thorugh the movie I went and smoked a cig in the movie theater bathrooms to kill time

cool story anime weed cat

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Syncopated posted:

cool story anime weed cat

thx

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dont smoke indoors its gross

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

didn't harry potter and his friends kill a bunch of people

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

nice trap

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

anthonypants posted:

happy anniversary everyone

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

GENDERED SLUR posted:

this is literally how dorks are though

if i wanted to watch derivative lazy lovely humor there's plenty of "Post History" links in this thread

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

dont smoke indoors its gross

it was cold outside, gently caress it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duTrieux. posted:

no they failed to win the election

https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/797581542814060545

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i have a friend on Facebook who i don't really like who posts something referencing Harry Potter at least once a day

half of them are "think of what was happening in character X's head while event Y was happening" and it is very sad

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

theflyingorc posted:

i have a friend on Facebook who i don't really like who posts something referencing Harry Potter at least once a day

half of them are "think of what was happening in character X's head while event Y was happening" and it is very sad

so, why friend?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have an old copy of 'masters of deceit' by j. edgar hoover that i need to finish reading.

i think it'll be an informative window into certain types of thinking in this, tyool 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

theflyingorc posted:

remember when harry potter books started selling real big and everyone thought it was a new renaissance for youth reading and the publishers went nuts

and then those sales numbers never really materialized in the same way for any other y-a fiction and it turned out that kids were just re-reading harry potter books over and over

lol those people are adults now

i stopped listening to a podcast about scifi/fantasy genres called Imaginary Worlds b/c the nerdo runnin it decided to do a buncha 'sodes about harry potter and how adults relate to it in various sincere ways and barf

quote:

We all went through this at 11-years old, right? Your teacher places a magical hat your head, which tells you that your defining characteristic in life is to be brave or loyal or ambitious or intellectual. Of course if that were real life, parents and educators would be horrified -- but it's a fantasy that Harry Potter fans have thought about for years. Professor Elizabeth Gumnior, and Vanessa Zoltan and Casper ter Kuile of the podcast Harry Potter and The Sacred Text weigh in on the enduring appeal of J.K. Rowling's Sorting Hat.

quote:

Harry was being a jerk, or that's what a lot of kids thought when they read the last few books of JK Rowling's series. Many adult readers chocked up his quick temper, anxiety and defensiveness to typical teen angst. But what if Harry Potter was suffering from PTSD? The writers July Westhale and Sarah Gailey explain how JK Rowling captured the nature of trauma, and why re-reading Harry Potter helped them heal. Capser ter Kuile and Vanessa Zoltan of the podcast Harry Potter and the Sacred Text explore the burden of being the boy who lived.

quote:

How much does an author's point of view influence her stories? And do those stories in turn influence us? Professor Anthony Gierzynski argues that reading Harry Potter can make people more tolerant of diversity, and more resistant to unreasonable authority. Andrew Slack, creator of the Harry Potter Alliance, explains how JK Rowling inspired him to try and change the world. And the HPA's Jackson Bird explains how being a political activist changed him in ways he never expected. (This is the final episode in my magic and fantasy series.)

lmao nope

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's pretty cool how you went and transcribed it all

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

not clicking

"the fate of dr who's tardis will be decided in a game of thrones inspired deathmatch on the battlefield of thundercats vs transformers"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I like anime laser guns and robot cyborgs mechs, as if I got time for harry potter bullshit

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i had a member of a group project i was working on today mention harry potter and the methods of rationality

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

i had a member of a group project i was working on today mention harry potter and the methods of rationality

sounds like a cool guy

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the only good harry potter movie is wizard people, dear reader. also i've never seen the unedited version.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I like anime laser guns and robot cyborgs mechs, as if I got time for harry potter bullshit

next time you get banned buy Brigador instead of your account, it's got all of the above except for anime.

it also has the following mech pilot available for hire:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
johnny five aces had a cameo in fallout new vegas also

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny

:perfect:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I think it was here but somebody posted an article talking about how waaay too many of us mid 20 to mid 30 year olds on the internet are descrbing real events in terms of fictional events, e.g. trump and the empire. Was pretty good, would repost it if I knew how to find it.

quote:

It’s more than the occasional Twitter personality popping off about how “winter is coming.” The retreat into juvenilia is epidemic. Dumbledore’s Army is now recruiting, reports BuzzFeed. The Hunger Games is “our most relevant dystopia,” a YA model for the coming horrors, explains Vox. The election is The Walking Dead, says Mashable. No, it’s like The Purge—because of voter ID laws or racist violence or something.

fe: fooound it http://thebaffler.com/blog/crash-pop-culture-party-silverman

http://www.revelist.com/pop-culture/trump-voldemort-references/5823

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

abraham linkedin posted:

from memory a bunch of the NV writers were huge goons
there's also a 'balls on the edge of a cliff' gag in the same spot, and a table with 5 aces on it, etc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

abraham linkedin posted:

i always forget how ugly bethesda engine games are

epipen posted:

from memory a bunch of the NV writers were huge goons
there's also a 'balls on the edge of a cliff' gag in the same spot, and a table with 5 aces on it, etc

josh sawyer posts on sa under the username ropekid

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

abraham linkedin posted:

This is one example of how the New Vegas team is the cool dev studio. (Obsidian I think)

The other one is a try hard with no sense of humor.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

KoRMaK posted:

that's bethesda

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

KoRMaK posted:

This is one example of how the New Vegas team is the cool dev studio. (Obsidian I think)

obsidian put a gun in new vegas named after ycs

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

anthonypants posted:

that's bethesda
yea thats them. just stick to making engines ya no wit nerds

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

next time you get banned buy Brigador instead of your account, it's got all of the above except for anime.

it also has the following mech pilot available for hire:

that loving kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

most video games are bad and made for nerds seeking meaning in the bad writing of a heavily scripted games person but bethesda games are especially atrocious because they try to carry an air of respectability

if you're trash, wear the appropriate bag and respect it

• Locked thread