Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I got a feeling like Kyrie isn't gonna be traded before the start of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/889664329154404353

:laffo: if that is remotely true the Suns are insane

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Depends on the pick imo

Y'all are way too down on Kyrie

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I like Kyrie and think its an insane amount.

Though I am pretty high on Josh Jackson.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It might be laffo if Bledsoe wasn't verging on a Derrick Rose/Brandon Roy esque career
There's also the question if Josh will make shots in the NBA /cut his hair

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jimmy Butler and Paul George are confused on these assets given

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

Depends on the pick imo

Y'all are way too down on Kyrie

Yeah agreed

Bledsoe and Jackson don't equal Kyrie imho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Femur posted:

You are dumb if you have BJ Amstrong as your agent.

Poor DMo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I just don't know have to value kyrie cause he's clearly a great number 2 but I would not want to build around him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

Jimmy Butler and Paul George are confused on these assets given

George is only under contract for one more year and artificially deflated his own value by publicly making noise about only wanting to play for one team. The Butler trade was really bad and roundly mocked, probably not the thing the Cavs should be aiming to recreate

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's a really interesting cleveland cavaliers hypothetical that i don't think anyone in this thread has considered about their new backup point guard derrick rose but allow me to raise it here and kick it around a bit and that question is this: derrick rose-- what if he is Back

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

here's a really interesting cleveland cavaliers hypothetical that i don't think anyone in this thread has considered about their new backup point guard derrick rose but allow me to raise it here and kick it around a bit and that question is this: derrick rose-- what if he is Back

Nani???

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R.D. Mangles posted:

I want Rose to be BACK in the Finals. It'd be interesting to see his free agency after that.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

back on a contender baby

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The gently caress

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hopefully Rose can drag that bum LeBron to another finals like James Jones did for the past 7 years.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Guys guess who Bledsoe's agent is!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

I just don't know have to value kyrie cause he's clearly a great number 2 but I would not want to build around him

*averages 25 a game with 53% efg, is a #2 somehow*

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

derrick rose is making less money than ron baker

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

R.D. Mangles posted:

Good

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

sounds right

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

*averages 25 a game with 53% efg, is a #2 somehow*

It's as if you need to prove you can lead a lineup consistently to be called a number 1

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ron Baker beat kansas so checks out

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Seems vaguely reasonable to me, but I've had a hell of time remembering the difference between Justin Jackson and Josh Jackson. Shouldn't be allowed in the same draft class.

Suns want to form a young squad for the post-LeBron post-Warriors future, Bledsoe for Kyrie is good for that, gamble is that Jackson + Pick wouldn't turn into anything better than Kyrie, which makes some sense.

Irving + Booker could be the best backcourt in the league in slightly less than half a decade.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Seems vaguely reasonable to me, but I've had a hell of time remembering the difference between Justin Jackson and Josh Jackson. Shouldn't be allowed in the same draft class.

Suns want to form a young squad for the post-LeBron post-Warriors future, Bledsoe for Kyrie is good for that, gamble is that Jackson + Pick wouldn't turn into anything better than Kyrie, which makes some sense.

Irving + Booker could be the best backcourt in the league in slightly less than half a decade.

They'd be fun to watch but Booker would really have to step up his defense for it not to be a disaster. Josh Jackson not being there to help cover would also kind of suck

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

For what it is worth, that windhorst trade is from a Lowe Post episode where ty are theoretically going through possible make believe trades. It's not some insider scoop.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Idk, he's always struck me as 2 dimensional

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: HUGE BASKETBALL BOMBSHELL

the CHICAGO BULLS have signed Villanova star RYAN ARCADEFIRE to a TWO-WAY CONTRACT :siren:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Um

https://twitter.com/mikerice6/status/889679671612276737

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

putting Irving and Booker together is a massive gently caress you to the trailblazers in the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA power rankings

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

That story that the blazers were offering 3 first for one year of Paul George should have got that entire front office fired for both the pacers and the blazers

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Depending on the pick this is both a decent value trade for Kyrie and also would make the cavaliers worse next year. There's no way the Cavs do that (and honestly I'm not sure the Suns do either).

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tyreke Evans and Rose had to sign lovely one year deals. RIP Memphis Calipari PGs your future was once so bright

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Is Carmelo a Mav yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

Tyreke Evans and Rose had to sign lovely one year deals. RIP Memphis Calipari PGs your future was once so bright

John Wall took all that callipari money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just when I thought that particular bullet was dodged

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Mike Rice doesn't break news and is a drunk. He is trolling.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Mr. Mambold posted:

Idk, he's always struck me as 2 dimensional

mr mambold delivers once again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope it's Melo to Cleveland and Kyrie to NY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Intruder posted:

I hope it's Melo to Cleveland and Kyrie to NY

Melo to CLE, Kyrie to POR, Lillard to NYK?

• Locked thread