Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also doesn't he talk about his "mum and stepdad" in the first movie? This implies that to Korg, pronouns are more about a family role.

In this movie he also talks about his two dads. It's a bit of a continuity misstep but not so much that anyone needs to care. Personally I like to think his mom is found family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Isn't Korg the comedy rock monster? I imagine his family situation is whatever happens to be funniest at the time

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The reference to "two dads" in question is set up for a visual gag in which his partner is an identical rock monster with a Freddie Mercury moustache drawn on.

e: I may be misidentifying the moustache.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

josh04 posted:

The reference to "two dads" in question is set up for a visual gag in which his partner is an identical rock monster with a Freddie Mercury moustache drawn on.

e: I may be misidentifying the moustache.

It's just a big mustache. Could be Mercury, could be Halford, could just be a Tom of Finland reference. Important thing is that he's Dwayne the Rock.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's probably the best joke in the film tbf. I lol'd.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, Korg's husband being named Dwayne got a real laugh out of me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1556754172598489090

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1556752203905257472?s=20&t=Q331Qtq3VFKrv4uT9cO5lw

They are so not showing up

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Hits just keep on coming for Discovery Time Warner AOL

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://twitter.com/scottwamplerbmd/status/1556759063194656769?s=21&t=E7Ym1UcIvcZRAp1tRJ5fUQ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The police will never catch Ezra

They'll be gone in a

thought you'd find the word Flash here huh

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Maybe Miller really is The Flash if he is hunkered down on a sex cult compound, but also harassing/assaulting/burglarizing people in Hawaii, Vermont, Washington, California, New York, and Iceland at the same time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Maybe Miller really is The Flash if he is hunkered down on a sex cult compound, but also harassing/assaulting/burglarizing people in Hawaii, Vermont, Washington, California, New York, and Iceland at the same time.

I was thinking exactly that

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Unoccupied dwelling? So the people weren't home or was it a house bought by a firm that they're sitting on? If it's the later then I support their efforts in burgling the place.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jimbot posted:

Unoccupied dwelling? So the people weren't home or was it a house bought by a firm that they're sitting on? If it's the later then I support their efforts in burgling the place.
Sounds like the residents just weren't home at the time, and Ezra apparently stole their alcohol.

I think the crime just refers to an "unoccupied dwelling" to make it clear that there weren't people in the home at the time, which means at least you weren't gonna murder anyone or anything like that.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Maybe Miller really is The Flash if he is they are hunkered down on a sex cult compound, but also harassing/assaulting/burglarizing people in Hawaii, Vermont, Washington, California, New York, and Iceland at the same time.

Spoiler alert: They're the Reverse Flash.

Meanwhile, Ezra Miller is apparently an rear end in a top hat criminal, but they're still a they rear end in a top hat criminal, not a "he" rear end in a top hat criminal.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 9, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

RBA Starblade posted:

The police will never catch Ezra

They'll be gone in a

millersecond

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Just in case anyone wants some Batgirl behind-the-scenes footage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZDyd9y_w8w

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

We will be ashamed of our words and deeds when we learn that Ezra was in Die Hard 3 situation

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Everyone posted:

George Lucas is a prophet.

Honestly more like a student of history. It may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme. Like poetry.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

WB/Discovery plans to power through with a full $100+ million advertising and promotion campaign for The Flash regardless of what Ezra Miller does, but they will likely not be involved in any of the promotions or accessible to the press. The studio expects The Flash to be their highest grossing D.C. property release (previous record was $1.15 billion with Aquaman) and says that their test screenings have had the best test audience reaction of any D.C. movie. They also haven't ruled out keeping Ezra playing The Flash going forward.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1556779583390658560

WB/Discover won't rule out keeping Ezra as The Flash going forward if they can "tone it down" and "be on their best behavior" for the next year and the movie is a success.

quote:

There’s a timeline in which Miller does, in fact, get their act together and “The Flash” is able to seamlessly open while charming critics and fans alike. Though Miller’s behavior could certainly force Warners to make “The Flash” a one-and-done project, it’s not intended to be a one-off adventure. Despite it all, Warner Bros. remains enthusiastic about “The Flash,” believing the film to be one of DC’s strongest theatrical efforts.

They say that the controversy is around the actor and not the movie, so that would give them multiple years for the controversy to die down before a sequel or other movie starring Ezra would release. They think Ezra Miller is enough of an "under the radar" actor that most people won't be aware of the allegations against them and it will be forgotten in time.

quote:

In the past, actors who found themselves in hot water but did not get scratched from the call sheet have effectively been hidden on press tours in the hopes that the general public won’t notice their absence. Recently, Ansel Elgort, who played Tony in Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” remake, took that route in the wake of a sexual assault allegation levied against the actor in 2020. Ditto Armie Hammer, who starred in Disney and 20th Century’s “Death on the Nile” and faced sexual abuse allegations after filming was wrapped. For “West Side Story,” Elgort’s co-stars Rachel Zegler, Ariana DeBose and Rita Moreno successfully steered the film’s press tour. With “Death on the Nile,” there was a sense Hammer (who did not do any press for the ensemble-heavy movie) wasn’t enough of a household name for people to know about the allegations.

Sources close to “The Flash” believe that Miller is similarly under-the-radar, despite credits like the film adaptation of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Justice League” and three “Fantastic Beasts” installments.

They also ruled out doing any reshoots or editing because they already have at least $300 million budgeted into the movie for production and advertisement.

quote:

With “The Flash,” insiders say it would not be possible to replace Miller without reshooting the entire movie. They are in just about every scene, and there is not enough digital technology in existence to configure that magic without going back to square one. And redoing the entire film is not a realistic proposition for any movie — much less one that wrapped production months ago and already cost hundreds of millions.

They also confirm that The Flash is intended to be a reboot of the entire DCEU:

quote:

The way the studio sees it, “The Flash” is more than a standard superhero origin story. The movie, which begins as Barry Allen travels back in time to prevent his mother’s murder, cracks open the DC multiverse, paving way for Batmans from alternate realities (namely, Keaton and Affleck) to overlap with Miller’s Spandex-clad hero. Just think of the potential sequels, spinoffs and team-ups that could inspire.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 9, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Eternal lol at Warner Bros for having a money-printing model for a fan-favorite ensemble cast laid at their feet multiple times (Justice League, The Batman, the various CW series) and just pissing it away

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The studio expects The Flash to be their highest grossing D.C. property release (previous record was $1.15 billion with Aquaman)

These people are on crack.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pirate Jet posted:

These people are on crack.

Apparently, they are basing it on the test screenings, which have been received "extraordinarily well."

quote:

The upcoming comic book adventure, which completed production in 2021 and is scheduled to debut in theaters in 2023, has been extraordinarily well received in early test screenings, according to sources close to the movie. Given DC Films’ inconsistent track record in fielding commercial hits, initial reception that “The Flash” could be a crowd-pleasing blockbuster is not only a relief, but a necessity to succeed at the box office.

Part of it is also probably a little bit of coping because they need it to be a huge financial success.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Most people still don't know Keaton is coming back, so stuff like that and whoever else they get in there can possibly make it very successful. There's a lot of wait and see, but it's dependent on that.

Also WB is dumb, so they'll probably spoil that in a trailer like they did Wonder Woman in BvS, lessening the impact and only making people disappointed when they arent in the movie MORE.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Darko posted:

Most people still don't know Keaton is coming back, so stuff like that and whoever else they get in there can possibly make it very successful. There's a lot of wait and see, but it's dependent on that.

Also WB is dumb, so they'll probably spoil that in a trailer like they did Wonder Woman in BvS, lessening the impact and only making people disappointed when they arent in the movie MORE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FTS9T5THuc

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Seems to me like being tongue-in-cheek about lacking production material/actors/plot is most effective when your lead actor is likeable or at least you have a comprehensible premise for a movie, but I guess that's why I'm not a Hollywood millionaire

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love WB's sunny optimism that the Ezra Miller thing will have blown over in a year's time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I hope Ezra does junkets and red carpet for this thing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Necrothatcher posted:

I love WB's sunny optimism that the Ezra Miller thing will have blown over in a year's time.

"Hey, Ezra! We hope that the movie you were in will be our most successful movie yet. We'd like to keep you for a sequel, so, you know... could you tone it down a bit?"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Necrothatcher posted:

I wouldn't see the Flash in theaters, but I bet a large amount of comic fans would ignore Ezra's issues and see new comic movie.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 9, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I hope Ezra does junkets and red carpet for this thing.

It says in the article that they explicitly plan on keeping them away from the press and promotional tour.

It will work because Ezra Miller is an "under the radar" actor and people won't notice that they are missing when Affleck and others are out there instead:

quote:

In the past, actors who found themselves in hot water but did not get scratched from the call sheet have effectively been hidden on press tours in the hopes that the general public won’t notice their absence. Recently, Ansel Elgort, who played Tony in Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” remake, took that route in the wake of a sexual assault allegation levied against the actor in 2020. Ditto Armie Hammer, who starred in Disney and 20th Century’s “Death on the Nile” and faced sexual abuse allegations after filming was wrapped. For “West Side Story,” Elgort’s co-stars Rachel Zegler, Ariana DeBose and Rita Moreno successfully steered the film’s press tour. With “Death on the Nile,” there was a sense Hammer (who did not do any press for the ensemble-heavy movie) wasn’t enough of a household name for people to know about the allegations.

Sources close to “The Flash” believe that Miller is similarly under-the-radar, despite credits like the film adaptation of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Justice League” and three “Fantastic Beasts” installments.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 9, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
To ensure success of the upcoming Flash movie, WB plans to insert a scene of the Flash fighting Morbius. Luckily, this will not require any additional filming, as they plan to simply use cell phone footage of Ezra Miller trying to punch a bat, that has already been previously released.

Edit: Also once again, everyone, Ezra's pronouns are they/them.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It will work because Ezra Miller is an "under the radar" actor

There's a joke here about police radars. Armie Hammer and Ansel Elgort were prominent members of large ensemble casts, it's definitely going to be weird when the film's called "The Flash" and the only people promoting it are two different Batmans.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Armie hammer was going to play Batman at one point lmao

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

CelticPredator posted:

Armie hammer was going to play Batman at one point lmao

Armie Hammer is a 1980's-rear end comic book name.

Kind of a backhanded burn for the WBD exec to say that someone in one of the lead roles for The Social network has never been in a major movie.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Grendels Dad posted:

"Hey, Ezra! We hope that the movie you were in will be our most successful movie yet. We'd like to keep you for a sequel, so, you know... could you tone it down a bit?"

Spoken through a megaphone outside a compound.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

Honestly knowing he can do that makes a lot of his adventures seem a little superfluous. Just sit down and extend your superman sauce around the whole planet, man!

Why don't you just put the whole world in your sauce, Superman?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are they really going to wait another year to release the Flash? Any hype they had will die while news about their awful star will not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They're gunna wait so long it'll be like we traveled to the past/it traveled to the future for us to see it