Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I loving LOVE YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

I loving LOVE YOU

:thumbsup:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Genuine question: I don't read the book, but does she really go by the name "Spider-Gwen"?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Davros1 posted:

Genuine question: I don't read the book, but does she really go by the name "Spider-Gwen"?

Within the comic I guess she is called Spider-Woman.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

She is called Spider-Woman and she hangs out with Jessica Drew and they're both Spider-Woman but they're cool about it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Davros1 posted:

I don't read the book

Please fix this.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Agrias120 posted:

Please fix this.

I'm not that guy but I'll say as someone that read all the ultimate stuff, when I tried reading it I was instantly put off because they are similar but not quite the same characters I grew to love at the end of the Peter Parker ultimate run (aunt may's house of wayward super teens)

Vvv I did! She was a neat character with a dumb death that got retconned into an awkward not death but the build put into her before and after ultimate pete's death was really cool. I read Vol. 1 of Spider-Gwen and was shocked they made a whole nother Gwen instead of just running with the already established awesome one.vvv

Although now reading my 2nd part maybe those are decent books if you can come on without the baggage of an awesome Gwen existing a year or two before. When I saw the figure and those books I just assumed that's who the character was.

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 8, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but who really cares about Gwen Stacy? It may as well be a new character.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Fans referred to her as Spider-Gwen and the name stuck, more or less officially.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
So for anyone that cares it appears I'm gonna get the Walgreen exclusive Namor figures at my store around the 22 of May. I also have a listing in my computer for x-men legends and they say they should be coming in at the end of July. These aren't guaranteed dates but they should be close.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hoffadoff posted:

So for anyone that cares it appears I'm gonna get the Walgreen exclusive Namor figures at my store around the 22 of May. I also have a listing in my computer for x-men legends and they say they should be coming in at the end of July. These aren't guaranteed dates but they should be close.

Thanks for the heads up. Has it been confirmed it Juggernaut the BAF yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yay I found Gwen.

The cashier at Walmart was surprised. He said he'd been looking, they must have put it out during his shift.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found a full case of Absorbing Man wave at a Walmart in central Arizona, so I finally snagged Gwen. Full Hulkbuster wave too except Vision. Gonna have to eBay that drat crotch at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys just announced Panther about 15 minutes ago too. Seems to be no maskless head though, they don't mention Chadwick Boseman at all.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 9, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Found a full case of Absorbing Man wave at a Walmart in central Arizona, so I finally snagged Gwen. Full Hulkbuster wave too except Vision. Gonna have to eBay that drat crotch at this point.

?? I thought I offered you mine. Pm me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think there was a vision at wal mart. I'm heading back tomorrow to bring back Phasma, so I'll check and see.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

?? I thought I offered you mine. Pm me.

Thank you for offering your crotch to help a fellow goon. :gooncamp:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Squizzle posted:

Thank you for offering your crotch to help a fellow goon. :gooncamp:

GOON CROTCH 2016

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Repainted another action figure.

Did Iron Man's Hulkbuster.

For more some more photos and a bit of a guide look here http://imgur.com/a/lF7b8

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

TouchToneDialing posted:

Repainted another action figure.

Did Iron Man's Hulkbuster.

For more some more photos and a bit of a guide look here http://imgur.com/a/lF7b8

Wow man, you took a cheap looking BaF and made it look amazing!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jesus Christ, dude. That's a really excellent repaint.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That looks great! What kind of paint/technique do you use for the super shiny metallic parts? That can be tough to do at that scale.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Are the repulsor glows just paint or are you adding some photoshop glare?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Are the repulsor glows just paint or are you adding some photoshop glare?

100% painted with an airbrush. Its two layers. A light light blue general glow then a white layer on top

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That Hulkbuster is stellar, wow. Goes to show Hasbro has great sculps marred by lack of paint.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You make it look so easy! That's beautiful. :)

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Great attention to detail. I'm digging all of the wear and tear you put on it. The scratches and damage really make it pop. One of the best repaints I've seen.

I feel like it's time for some company to push the paint envelope like how Mcfarlane pushed sculpting in the 90s. I feel like if a company redesigned their paint lines to produce something like that without charging $100 for it they would make a killing.

Speaking of which, Diamond Select... I just bought wave 1 of the new Muppet line. Oh boy. The paint is ALL over the place; so if you want this line I'd suggest picking them up in person so you can check them out. I have a sloppy eyed Kermit.

Quick thoughts on the new line? The articulation is great, but holy smokes they are tiny. I think the DS Kermit is about half the size of the Palisade Muppets. That's disappointing. After buying and loving their Nightmare Before Christmas Jack and Sally Coffin Dolls, I was a bit bummed out here. I don't know if I want to buy future waves now. I might just spend that money on some old Palisades that I missed like Sweetums.

I also grabbed the Nendoroid Mario because people in this thread loved their Kirbys. Entertainment Earth had it on sale for $20. Thank you thread, this Mario is the poo poo. Three faces, different arms, legs, a boo, a beetle, mushroom, coin, blocks, Mushroom Kingdom diorama.

The figure is loving great.

E: In a diabolical move, Mario came with some b-boy pose Luigi arms crossed over. Obviously I need to buy Luigi now... Bastards

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 11, 2016

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Hoffadoff posted:

Awesome info, thanks man. I've been trying to keep my ear to the ground for Namor since he was announced.

Also, super impressed with your work Touchtone.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I got that new Venom action figure. The legs look super weird. The ankles are so thick. I get that he's super muscular, but you don't develop ankle muscles.

Nobody ever goes to the gym and is like, "today I'm gonna really work on my ankle thickness"

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Venom and Gwen came from HTS. Venom looks great and what I was expecting, but Gwen has a huge paint smudge all across the back of her arm (in the pinkish burgundy accent color of her suit). Oh well. You can't see it when from the shelf, this is just the most egregious case of paint misapplication I've personally seen.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Took Phasma back to a wal mart today. Didn't see any Visions but that wasn't my usual wal mart.

I did pick up the Reverse Flash to go with the Flash from the DC series. Man they did a hell of a lot better job on this figure than they did Flash. The paint job is horrible (he was yellow but not like loving NEON yellow like the toy is), but the head sculpt is way better than the weird one Flash has.

Flash has a much better paint app though, so it's sort of strange.

Saw Batman Year Zero (whatever that means) and Black Superman Obama (I guess, he's president of his US on earth whatever), but didn't see anything else really interesting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Year Zero was a modern version of the Year One storyline.

Edit: I ust sold that MOTUC Castle Grayskull for a $100 profit!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 12, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm heading to wal mart later tonight to get some groceries, so if anyone needs me to keep an eye out for something, lemme know what it is.

Also, holy gently caress, my friend just won a 1/6th scale Age of Ultron Thor! Can't wait to see that come in. Supposed to have some sort of AR thing where you can load it up and take cell phone pics and it'll load up ultron drones or something in the pic with him. I'll try to snap a few when it comes in.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm heading to wal mart later tonight to get some groceries, so if anyone needs me to keep an eye out for something, lemme know what it is.

Also, holy gently caress, my friend just won a 1/6th scale Age of Ultron Thor! Can't wait to see that come in. Supposed to have some sort of AR thing where you can load it up and take cell phone pics and it'll load up ultron drones or something in the pic with him. I'll try to snap a few when it comes in.

If you see Ashoka, could you pick her up for me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sure. Got a pic of the card/box so I know what to look for?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Sure. Got a pic of the card/box so I know what to look for?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cool. Got it saved in my memo list. Dunno if I'll have any luck but I'll dig around.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Ahsoka, Black Panther and Nick Fury are going to be the real hard to find ones over the next month or two.

I've thankfully got Ahsoka and BP ordered, just waiting on those to ship. Still on the fence with Fury.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShimSham posted:

Ahsoka, Black Panther and Nick Fury are going to be the real hard to find ones over the next month or two.

I've thankfully got Ahsoka and BP ordered, just waiting on those to ship. Still on the fence with Fury.

Yeah. The Marvel Legends I tend to have better luck at finding in the wild due to working at Toy R Us, and outside of getting the Antman and Rhino BAF line in January, they been pretty good at getting them. I seen Spider-Gwen twice now, with the first time I got for myself, with the last time I was at work we had three Taskmasters. That said, Star Wars Black figures are hit or miss due to having way too much of that guy who doesn't even appeared in the movie. Got like seven of him there and one Finn for good measure. And they probably won't re-order until someone buy those jerks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

I'd love a taskmaster or venom.