Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BurntCornMuffin posted:

The worst feeling in the world is grabbing a white chocolate chip cookie without paying attention, taking a bite, and realizing it was raisons. macadamia nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Chocolate is gross.

Haribo supremacy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmfao at the idea of hating cheap milky American chocolate and liking Cadbury, an extremely cheap milky chocolate.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wow til there are people who don't like macadamia nuts. hosed up if true

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've never eaten any kind of nut but let's move on from sweets as delicious as they are, or make a thread for it if you want. I'll even sticky it for like a week or something

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Wow til there are people who don't like macadamia nuts. hosed up if true

:twisted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was this the guy who kept knocking up his babysitters?

yeah lol and I forgot he also installed cameras to film his children

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Somewhat related to both thread topics, anyone remember the goon confectioner? I remember him being successful enough making candy that he sold his business.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

funmanguy posted:

Somewhat related to both thread topics, anyone remember the goon confectioner? I remember him being successful enough making candy that he sold his business.

oh yeah! He was in Tallahassee and I think the business still exists but he sold it.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

The worst feeling in the world is grabbing a chocolate chip cookie without paying attention, taking a bite, and realizing it was raisons.

*clears throat*

raisons d'etre

thank you

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The superior candy bar :colbert: I've yet to find any American candy quite as good as a nice Crunchie or Coffee Crisp

Get this: http://romolochocolates.com/sponge-candy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Toffee is just lovely old caramel.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

funmanguy posted:

I saw similar emoji hard candy in the store just the other day and thought "hey, at least there was one goon success".

He had a bunch of youtube videos of him making the candy and chatting with the audience at his store and had some really interesting posts about how the hot table thing he rolled it on was nearly-unique and only a handful existed in the usa and modern versions were impossible to buy or replicate for some reason I don't recall. It's surely buried in the SA-Mart or A/T archives somewhere.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

EmmyOk posted:

yeah lol and I forgot he also installed cameras to film his children

Also, didn't he have some weird color coded clothing thing going on? Like, gently caress if he was gonna pay attention to which kid's shirt was which, it would totally streamline ChoreTimeTM by 30 seconds if one kid only wore red and the other wore blue.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EmmyOk posted:

I've never eaten any kind of nut

what

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Bhodi posted:

I saw similar emoji hard candy in the store just the other day and thought "hey, at least there was one goon success".

He had a bunch of youtube videos of him making the candy and chatting with the audience at his store and had some really interesting posts about how the hot table thing he rolled it on was nearly-unique and only a handful existed in the usa and modern versions were impossible to buy or replicate for some reason I don't recall. It's surely buried in the SA-Mart or A/T archives somewhere.

This was the SA-mart thread for his store. If I remember right this was the place that he started, after leaving a different candy place that also did this style of candymaking.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564224
Thread's pretty long dead but his company still sells the SA emoji mix at least.

I know there was an A/T candy thread before that but not sure if that's out of archives or not.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Also, didn't he have some weird color coded clothing thing going on? Like, gently caress if he was gonna pay attention to which kid's shirt was which, it would totally streamline ChoreTimeTM by 30 seconds if one kid only wore red and the other wore blue.

I believe he later claimed the laundry post was him trolling the thread, because the dude had less self-awareness than a sea sponge and legit thought that was a plausible defense, or even a good joke were it true. "Ha ha, my parenting is so horrifying that you completely accept that I'd do made-up awful things!"

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmfao at the idea of hating cheap milky American chocolate and liking Cadbury, an extremely cheap milky chocolate.

Especially in the US:

Wikipedia posted:

Cadbury products are sold by Hershey's in the United States and Mondelēz International in other parts of the world. Chocolate in Cadbury-branded products manufactured in the USA by Hershey uses a different recipe from that used by Cadbury itself. Hershey's has barred the importation of Mondelez Cadbury into the US.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Didn't the kids also only get to have toys or possessions that fit into a small box and anything else got tossed or am I confusing it with a different insane goon parent?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

EmmyOk posted:

I've never eaten any kind of nut but let's move on from sweets as delicious as they are, or make a thread for it if you want. I'll even sticky it for like a week or something

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854751

:colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Especially in the US:
Holy poo poo. Moving on and all but this explains so many arguments I've had with brits.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

Holy poo poo. Moving on and all but this explains so many arguments I've had with brits.
To made it even more confusing, some products like cadbury creme eggs and mini-eggs are imported from canada and use the international formula but are still marketed as hershey/cadbury here and bypass the ban. They taste noticeably better.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Tangents posted:

This was the SA-mart thread for his store. If I remember right this was the place that he started, after leaving a different candy place that also did this style of candymaking.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564224
Thread's pretty long dead but his company still sells the SA emoji mix at least.

I know there was an A/T candy thread before that but not sure if that's out of archives or not.

He was at Lofty Pursuits before that and did the youtube videos, they still do cool videos and I think his ones are still up, the first ones uploaded. He didn't own Lofty Pursuits though and iirc left on bad terms.

His company Raley's still does the SA smilies candy, though it's called the emoticon mix now. I like the :3: the best!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

white chocolate macadamia and oatmeal raisin are the two objective best cookies. chocolate chip is mid tier. hail satan.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

there's a thread for junk food now so stop posting here about it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854751

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Thank you

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Confectioner Goon was a cool guy. One year I bought a nice glass jar of the emoji candy for my step-brother for xmas (because I had no clue what to get him) and I got myself a bag of his sours...whoo boy did they blow brand name stuff out of the water in strength. Nice to hear he was successful enough that he was able to sell the business and move on.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I know it's on the first page but P-P-P-Powerbook is still my favorite goon saga.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Besesoth posted:

I know it's on the first page but P-P-P-Powerbook is still my favorite goon saga.

That was how I learned of SA. :3:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Len posted:

Didn't the kids also only get to have toys or possessions that fit into a small box and anything else got tossed or am I confusing it with a different insane goon parent?

Might be a different one, but I still wouldn't be surprised.

That Pick's mother liked to play Sophie's choice with her toys explained so much.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"stop talking about this" followed immediately by "stop talking about this" lmao

also the p-powerbook thread is nearly 15 years old, and is from a pre-youtube era. there's actual image macros and 56k warnings used in it. this is weird

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

these are the most hideous awful things I have ever had the misfortune to put in my mouth and you should feel ashamed for trying to convince people that they're food

coffee crisps are good though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Stop talking about junk food you loving goons

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
one of the auspol goons put a crunchie in his girlfriend's vagina because cosmo magazine recommended it to spice up their love life, unfortunately that honeycomb melts into gritty concrete when exposed to any sort of fluid

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Stop talking about junk food you loving goons

I like chips, but also candy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I guess that goon's girlfriend cementing his bird's fanny shut counts as a saga even if he did it with candy

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
yeah sorry i know it was continuing a derail but it's one of those things that the people need to know

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

this broken hill posted:

one of the auspol goons put a crunchie in his girlfriend's vagina because cosmo magazine recommended it to spice up their love life, unfortunately that honeycomb melts into gritty concrete when exposed to any sort of fluid

I appreciate how like 50% of goon sex-disaster stories these days come out of Auspol

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Antivehicular posted:

I appreciate how like 50% of goon sex-disaster stories these days come out of Auspol
we are a lost and wretched people

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

"stop talking about this" followed immediately by "stop talking about this" lmao

"moderator" doesn't usually mean "moderate individual discussion points as though it were a literal moderated debate" but it's an interesting new direction so I'm all for trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

this broken hill posted:

we are a lost and wretched people

With slack jaws and not much to say.