Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I really wanna just get fast rmx but mk8 is too close. gently caress this life.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MK8d is gonna rule so hard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I put a little more stock in Eurogamer after last year. They got the Switch right.

They got the hardware synopsis, but hi basically everything about software wrong. Splatoon a rerelease, Mario Maker at launch, smash 4, Pokemon stars, rabbids Mario RPG, they were reporting anything.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bef posted:

Just like how they didn't port splatoon over

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you've got Fast RMX then let's trade friend codes and rumble.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I really wanna just get fast rmx but mk8 is too close. gently caress this life.

:69snypa:

Live fast, play all the good racing games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I guess the virtual console is the SNES Mini!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yea Sakurai is definitely making a new smash even though he's stated multiple times he's exhausted. Also dlc for it last year with a stupid huge roster nope scratch that let's start all over!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

I guess the virtual console is the SNES Mini!

:yeah:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bef posted:

Yea Sakurai is definitely making a new smash even though he's stated multiple times he's exhausted. Also dlc for it last year with a stupid huge roster nope scratch that let's start all over!!!

Does he have one of those Super Sentai candle things where every time he makes a game one of the lights goes out and when they all go out he dies?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurai doesn't have to make the next Smash game.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Wait... so her arms are noodles, but she eats noodles. Does... Does that make her a cannibal?

Or is it just a Parappa 2 crossover.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Where is diddy Kong racing deluxe Nintendo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Does he have one of those Super Sentai candle things where every time he makes a game one of the lights goes out and when they all go out he dies?

No, he has a cat and an extensive ps2 collection instead

bef fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 19, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Hello, my friend code is: SW-7427-8807-5779 please be switch friend, i play fast rmx and will be *ahem* pwning you n00bs hard, next week, on mario kart switch.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Sources already tell people that there is a Switch Mini that can't be dock coming out FY 2019. Sources say stupid poo poo.
That one specifically is an analyst saying that Nintendo totally should make one for kids; anyone that has spun that out into actual speculation or rumour is full of poo poo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i'm glad they used a picture of the real snes, not that weird purple poo poo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If that's real and has non-dogshit games I might have to pick one up

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Do we know if MK8D will support split screen with local multiplayer (at the same time)?

I have two other friends with Switches currently. Being able to get together with others to do a six player race would be amazing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vikar Jerome posted:

i'm glad they used a picture of the real snes, not that weird purple poo poo.

I bought a Super Famicom over a SNES simply because of the color scheme.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Takoluka posted:

I bought a Super Famicom over a SNES simply because of the color scheme.

Enjoying dull grey over glorious purple. You have shamed your Splatoon avatar.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Enjoying dull grey over glorious purple. You have shamed your Splatoon avatar.

sir, do you see those vast colors on the controller

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Spacebump posted:

(And somehow that is related to Adventure Island)

Basically the company who worked on the original Wonder Boy only owned specific parts of the game (with sega owning the name and characters) and wanted to make an NES port, so they got with Hudson who called it Adventure Island and changed the main character to Master Higgins. Wonder Boy went off to do different things while the Hudson owned Adventure Island mostly remained true to that style of gameplay with more powerups.

In this blitz of recent Wonder Boy remakes they did one for the original game that was released on Steam last year which I had fun with, but is admittedly kind of a cheap looking game done by a rando Chinese company.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/523810/

Infinitum posted:

English port of the Seiken Densetsu collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0Kt_X4hCk

Secret of Mana is the only game I will always gladly buy again and again.

Motherfucker, you made me think that an English version was announced for a second.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bull3964 posted:

Do we know if MK8D will support split screen with local multiplayer (at the same time)?

I have two other friends with Switches currently. Being able to get together with others to do a six player race would be amazing.

If you're doing local wireless matches each system can support two players. You can do the thing you want to do!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
When is Monster World 4 getting redone

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Everyone is speculating this is the case but that's because people can't just accept that maybe Nintendo was just dumb as gently caress about the NES Classic

Sources already tell people that there is a Switch Mini that can't be dock coming out FY 2019. Sources say stupid poo poo.

Why on earth would you want a smaller one, the screen is already not that large. I can't imagine comfortably playing games like Splatoon or Zelda on a screen much tinier.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got Hawk Man and found a new place where I got a stone of some kind, then found a weird room full of as special tiles I have no idea what to do with, and now am lost. I appear to have gone everywhere I can. There was a shop where I think he said I needed a stone to buy a mystery item but I don't remember where it was. Am I at the point in the game where I should be able to change at will? I just know where to find the room in the main town.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MinibarMatchman posted:

Why on earth would you want a smaller one, the screen is already not that large. I can't imagine comfortably playing games like Splatoon or Zelda on a screen much tinier.

You know, for kids

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MinibarMatchman posted:

They don't want a smaller one. They just think that the Switch is too expensive (it's not) and want to justify not getting one now and then not getting it later because why would Nintendo make a small one that doesn't dock ugh what a stupid company

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Seems like releasing an SNES Mini during the Switch's first holiday season would cannibalize a lot of Switch sales, which is way more important in the long run than some one-time SNES Mini money.

This is Nintendo though, all bets are off.

Also make it able to connect to a VC for more games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
No, it really won't. That's the same argument that the NES Classic is going to eat into Switch sales. They aren't the same markets, $60 isn't $300, old games aren't new games, etc. You could argue VC sales, but eh.

that said I don't think Nintendo will do a SNES classic the year after the NES one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why cant e3 be now so i can learn about virtual console

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lots'a ANALysts in here spelling doom again for Nintendo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

eonwe posted:

I wouldn't bet on VC being mentioned even by E3

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

eonwe posted:

Eonwe I will make you a retropie.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Bird Law posted:

Seems like releasing an SNES Mini during the Switch's first holiday season would cannibalize a lot of Switch sales, which is way more important in the long run than some one-time SNES Mini money.

This is Nintendo though, all bets are off.

Also make it able to connect to a VC for more games.

Make the SNES mini into a dock for the Switch. The Switch docks into the cartridge slot. Have the dock come with a download voucher for the SNES collection which you can redeem on the eShop.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

At this pace I eagerly await the Switch mini in 2022.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Infinitum posted:

If you want a super good Isaac run
M393 X367

Buy the ? item in the 1st Shop
Go into the first Devil Room that spawns

Enjoy.

Here's a Pyromaniac run as well because explosions are good
TRGY J4MQ

I put in the first seed and the shop has no ? Item. Could the items differ on shop level maybe?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

parallelodad posted:

You know, for kids

The joycons are already for baby hands.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I wouldn't bet on VC being mentioned even by E3

I would bet almost anything they are going to do a, "and these VC games are available now" thing for E3.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have a strong desire to play Super Mario World. Sure would be cool on this here switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Norns posted:

I have a strong desire to play Super Mario World. Sure would be cool on this here switch

:yeah:

• Locked thread