Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Does MCU time travel rules apply to It's A Wonderful Life?

Does the Pottersville universe still exist where everyone is horrible to one another? Is it a multiverse?

it's a wonderful life was rko pictures, whose library was acquired by Warner Brothers, so it's part of the space jamiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gutcruncher posted:

Did he really time travel though? Or were the angels just beaming VR into his eyes of what they assumed would happen without him? (In reality it would’ve been a paradise)

That's the other question: Was he only shown a dream of what would have been, or did divine intervention actually remove George from ever existing and created a new timeline where he and Clarence were plugged into to see how things would be, then discretely reinserted them back into the timeline where George was born?

If George hadn't be convinced, would they let him just slip into non-existence or just let him kill himself? The former would be awkward. Imagine explaining that one to everyone who ends up in Hell in the sinful Pottersville timeline because George Bailey chose non-existence.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Mr Potter was slam dunked into a grave by lebron

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I figure it was sort of a blue-green deployment situation. Once enough users complained about the Pottersville server they rolled back to the Bedford Falls server.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Jimmy Stewart was being led astray by a demon straight from hell who wanted to keep him around so that job creator Potter couldn't utilize the free market to drive increased efficiencies

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

That's the other question: Was he only shown a dream of what would have been, or did divine intervention actually remove George from ever existing and created a new timeline where he and Clarence were plugged into to see how things would be, then discretely reinserted them back into the timeline where George was born?

If George hadn't be convinced, would they let him just slip into non-existence or just let him kill himself? The former would be awkward. Imagine explaining that one to everyone who ends up in Hell in the sinful Pottersville timeline because George Bailey chose non-existence.

Or explaining that everyone who successfully commits suicide in the main universe only did so because god felt the world was better off without them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just went to look for subtitles for a movie and Subscene, the site I'd been using for years and years, looks to be no more :smithicide:

What other good sites are there for subtitles?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Weembles posted:

a classic craftsman home with every inch of original woodwork painted white

lmao

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Rageaholic posted:

Just went to look for subtitles for a movie and Subscene, the site I'd been using for years and years, looks to be no more :smithicide:

What other good sites are there for subtitles?

Uploading it to YouTube then letting it auto generate them

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

mystes posted:

If it's a house flipping show and they lose money on flipping the houses if they don't include the profits form airing the show it probably then I don't think its cancellation is much of a loss (honestly I don't think cancelling any house flipping show is much of a loss anyway)

The budgeting would normally include all of the labour and most of the materials for free via contra deals and the little bits of sanding and painting the actual contestants do, and now that all has to be paid for. The New Zealand housing market is also crashing (this is a good thing) and it's allegedly the worst time to sell a house here in the past 25 years (this is really only because sellers aren't reducing prices to a realistic level - Auckland property prices are on par with London, Paris, and New York, which just absolutely lmao).

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Weembles posted:

a classic craftsman home with every inch of original woodwork painted white

lol the cottage my grandfather built himself in the 60's (then sold after retirement) hit the market recently and the all cedar walls and ceiling were painted completely white. poo poo's appalling.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Weembles posted:

Now they’re trying to sell a classic craftsman home with every inch of original woodwork painted white

Ya know, maybe the right to buy a house should be legally removed from people sometimes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have that! I don't know the technical terms but something to do with my paycheck numbers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It brings me no pleasure to report this but Amazon is doing a live action Tomb Raider

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I need you to go back and delete that post for all of our sakes

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

sharknado slashfic posted:

It brings me no pleasure to report this but Amazon is doing a live action Tomb Raider

you left out the interesting part: phoeber waller-bridge is writing and producing it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tomb-raider-tv-show-phoebe-waller-bridge-amazon-1235898520/

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters posted:

85 years old, weed addict, known cinema discusser. Good god, he was a forums poster all along

Unlimited funds to register... Oh my goodness, is he DriftingMouse? Or the weird numbers rereg?

Kingo Ligma posted:

The budgeting would normally include all of the labour and most of the materials for free via contra deals and the little bits of sanding and painting the actual contestants do, and now that all has to be paid for. The New Zealand housing market is also crashing (this is a good thing) and it's allegedly the worst time to sell a house here in the past 25 years (this is really only because sellers aren't reducing prices to a realistic level - Auckland property prices are on par with London, Paris, and New York, which just absolutely lmao).

Kingo, start your own studio.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

tink got flagged as a problematic character by disney, specifically for being jealous of wendy and the shot where she's looking at herself in a mirror and looks dissatisfied with her hips. seriously, they made a list. captain hook is likewise on there for making amputees look bad. also I think peter pan got demoted as a whole in the disney pantheon because of the indians.

This rules.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I expect that there will be no tomb raiding in amazon's tomb raider

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Calling it now: the Tomb Raider show will be labelled “woke” if the actress has a bra size less than a certain amount.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

Calling it now: the Tomb Raider show will be labelled “woke”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ya true

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1790354216873042187

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

priznat posted:

Calling it now: the Tomb Raider show will be labelled “woke” if the actress has a bra size less than a certain amount.

Stink Billyums posted:

For all these jokes, I actually don't really know how a show revolving around Tomb Raiding is going to fly in this day and age.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

tomb raider isn't about raiding tombs. It's about family

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

You're acting like they didn't make a tomb raider movie like five years ago. A lady goes on adventures to exotic places. She shoots stuff. Things blow up.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

The only thing they'll be "raiding" is intergenerational trauma. And the treasure inside? self-love :qq:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Lister posted:

You're acting like they didn't make a tomb raider movie like five years ago. A lady goes on adventures to exotic places. She shoots stuff. Things blow up.

lol five years ago

Oh my loving god they did make one five years ago, I thought you meant the Angelina Jolie one and was like "buddy where you been"

It's me, where have I been

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 15, 2024

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Squiggle posted:

lol five years ago

Oh my loving god they did make one five years ago

six years feels close enough https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(film)

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

khwarezm posted:

For all these jokes, I actually don't really know how a show revolving around Tomb Raiding is going to fly in this day and age.

The Tomb contains some powerful ancient macgufffin and bad people know where it is

gotta raid it before they do!

Or a natural disaster will destroy the Tomb soon so she needs to raid it before the artifacts are lost forever.

make it a Viking Tomb so it’s just some honky bones so no one who isn’t a neonazi will complain about desecration

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

khwarezm posted:

The series reveals every celebrity through history secretly invests all their wealth to be buried in loot filled tombs with traps and treasures based on their lives so future generations that find them will think they were the godkings of their era.

Lara is reduced to grave robbing from the more recently dead rich and famous.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Endless Trash posted:

The Tomb contains some powerful ancient macgufffin and bad people know where it is

gotta raid it before they do!

Or a natural disaster will destroy the Tomb soon so she needs to raid it before the artifacts are lost forever.

make it a Viking Tomb so it’s just some honky bones so no one who isn’t a neonazi will complain about desecration

Yeah but then if they make all of the tombs to be raided European there'll be less exotic locales and too many IKEAs within a hundred miles for people to be convinced its outside the reach of the modern world and can potentially house a Tyrannosaurus.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I would watch a movie about raiding the tomb of Henry kissinger and having to escape the demonic forces within

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Margaret Thatcher. Lara is british remember?

EDIT: VVVVVVVVVVV
search for Spiderman on youtube for the answers

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 15, 2024

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Why do three different streaming services have unrelated Spider-Man content? How is this exempt from both Disney in house AND Sony pre Disney streaming deals? What the gently caress is going on? Is everything a Spiderman now? Is the next tomb raider movie a spider man? Is furiosa a Spiderman? Is the real reason all New Zealand television got cancelled is it's all being replaced with Spidermen?

I'm disassociating so hard right now

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

khwarezm posted:

Yeah but then if they make all of the tombs to be raided European there'll be less exotic locales and too many IKEAs within a hundred miles for people to be convinced its outside the reach of the modern world and can potentially house a Tyrannosaurus.

Best of both worlds, have it be Viking tombs in wildly exotic locations based on those insane racist conspiracy theories that Vikings actually arrived at every single place on earth before anyone else so who's the REAL colonisers.

Wait that's the worst of both worlds.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

They should just make the tomb raider movie like normal with all the raiding tombs one can handle, but make sure to also film a scene where someone from some tribe, I don’t know it doesn’t loving matter, say directly to Lara Croft’s stand-in’s back “thank you ms Croft for taking this artifact off our hands. We didn’t want it anymore”

Boom. Done. Movies are saved.

Also note to the editor: use the take where he doesn’t sound sarcastic please

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

Why do three different streaming services have unrelated Spider-Man content? How is this exempt from both Disney in house AND Sony pre Disney streaming deals? What the gently caress is going on? Is everything a Spiderman now? Is the next tomb raider movie a spider man? Is furiosa a Spiderman? Is the real reason all New Zealand television got cancelled is it's all being replaced with Spidermen?

I'm disassociating so hard right now

quote:

The series is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Amazon MGM Studios, with Lord and Miller currently under an overall deal at Sony.

Sony seems to be milking the spidermen media that they are allowed to make quite hard recently.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

Why do three different streaming services have unrelated Spider-Man content?

all the original spiderman animated shorts before 1928 are now out of copyright, so free to use. So anything from, Spider man and the Spooky skeletons (1925) Spiderman's Choo-Choo train fun! (1923), Spiderman does his part! (1916) Spiderman's fantastic trip to the moon(1911), Spiderman's day at the races (1907).

So they can uses Spiderman but just none of his post 1928 villains, or his costume. So expect to see classic villains Like General Hun, and The Moon king. ...although um some of his more well known villians from that era are just like super, super racists. Fortunately Spiderman got a lot less racist when they retconned him as living in New York not Mississippi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
New live-action Tomb Raider will have Lara digging up suburban graveyards and selling the skulls online.