Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I picked up a venom last time, and it's a pretty neat figure.

I'd love a taskmaster as well. Been on the lookout for him for a while.

I'm heading out in a few hours so I'll update the thread when I get back on anything that I find or pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Old Man Pants posted:

I'd love a taskmaster or venom.

I have a spare Venom. $20 + shipping.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No luck at wal mart. They had a ton of Black series (and apparently there's a 3.75" black series, did not know that), but the highest number was 9 I think.

I did spot 2 gwens but no venom or vision. I did spot a sharon carter though, so there's hope the wave will hit soon.

Also, a shitton of the BvS toys. They had Aquaman which I thought was kinda cool, even if he looked kinda skinny. No WW though (I'd have bought her, loved the character in the movie). Also had Knightmare Bats, which weirdly enough looked kinda crappy.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

No luck at wal mart. They had a ton of Black series (and apparently there's a 3.75" black series, did not know that), but the highest number was 9 I think.

The Black series started a few years back as a 3.75 inch line after the end of the Vintage Collection.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

They had Aquaman which I thought was kinda cool, even if he looked kinda skinny.

I'm literally looking at Jason Momoa right now (he's wandering the market I'm at here in London) and he's much skinnier than I expected him to be. So.. there's precedent?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, it was just weird to see MASSIVELY HUGE SUPERMAN and MASSIVELY HUGE BATMAN and then KINDA METHED OUT SKINNY LOOKING NO BODY FAT AQUAMAN on the shelf.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The_Doctor posted:

I'm literally looking at Jason Momoa right now (he's wandering the market I'm at here in London) and he's much skinnier than I expected him to be. So.. there's precedent?

Keep us updated on the whereabouts of Jason Momoa.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nendoroid is making a Wind Waker Zelda

She also comes with the Master Sword and the Mirror Shield which WW Link is holding in the picture there.

Would have probably preferred a Tetra but she looks really nice and I'm definitely going to grab one.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Travis343 posted:

Nendoroid is making a Wind Waker Zelda

She also comes with the Master Sword and the Mirror Shield which WW Link is holding in the picture there.

Would have probably preferred a Tetra but she looks really nice and I'm definitely going to grab one.

I wasn't originally going to get the Nendoroid WW Link (mostly because I don't want to dive down the Nendoroid abyss)... but I HAVE to get that Zelda, and I might as well get the Link to go along.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm not buying a Link until they put out a proper Ganon in the same line. So in other words, I'm apparently never buying a Link.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'm not buying a Link until they put out a proper Ganon in the same line. So in other words, I'm apparently never buying a Link.

Even through it not the best looking version, you could get the Jakk Ganondorf from Wind Waker, as he probably about the same scale to them as in the game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

I wasn't originally going to get the Nendoroid WW Link (mostly because I don't want to dive down the Nendoroid abyss)... but I HAVE to get that Zelda, and I might as well get the Link to go along.

Wait for the Jakks WW Link:

Comes out in June, roughly the same scale, actually looks like he's from the game instead of having a weird anime/chibi vibe, and is only $10. As Rirse said, you can get Ganondorf too as he will scale nicely.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Comes out in June, roughly the same scale, actually looks like he's from the game instead of having a weird anime/chibi vibe, and is only $10. As Rirse said, you can get Ganondorf too as he will scale nicely.

That Link looks a lot worse than the Nendoroid Link

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

I respect your love for the Jakk's WoN figures, but outside of the Metroid they just don't really appeal to me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They are with few exceptions extremely bad looking toys.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I hate all of you

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

I hate all of you

Hey I said I respected it :mad:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

Hey I said I respected it :mad:

:thumbsup:

To be fair, WoN are cheap $9 toys and the paint is spotty as hell. I bought the bootleg WW Link Nendoroid and while it's neat, the chibi look to the figure drives me crazy but it does fit the WW theme well.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
How's the quality of the Bootleg Link? They're selling on ebay for $17 and that's tempting me to bite the bullet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gann Jerrod posted:

How's the quality of the Bootleg Link? They're selling on ebay for $17 and that's tempting me to bite the bullet.

Outside the weird and probably poisonous smell, quality's great for a bootleg. The paint can get a bit questionable in spots but overall it's a great bootleg and worth the $17 but may be worth paying $35 for the real deal.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The paint apps on those WoN are cheap as hell but to each their own. Your collection Louisgod is impressive. :)

I hope to see the little metroids and pick up a bunch.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

Even through it not the best looking version, you could get the Jakk Ganondorf from Wind Waker, as he probably about the same scale to them as in the game.

Ganondorf is some kind of dorf and not a Ganon at all. Ganon is a blue pig monster.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ganondorf is some kind of dorf and not a Ganon at all. Ganon is a blue pig monster.

God drat I want a figma version of The One True Ganon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I always liked the design of Ganon from Oracle of Ages, which I think is the last proper Ganon appearance, as every game since he just a transformation of Ganondorf.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dorfs do bad how-to sports videos and have tiny legs. I don't think that's him.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Red posted:

Dorfs do bad how-to sports videos and have tiny legs. I don't think that's him.

Have you seen the legs-to-torso ratio on WW Dorf? I stand by my opinion.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Thanks to whomever posted the Hasbro link for the Spider-Gwen a few pages ago. Got mine in the mail today and it is pretty great. Paint app is like 9/10. Wonder how long it will be before I see one in the wild in my area though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Has there been any word when the Walmart Exclusive Civil War figures will be out? Falcon and Bucky I think?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
YMMV but Wal-Mart has the Red Onslaught wave for $16 right now. Grabbed Taskmaster despite not really wanting or needing him.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

The_Doctor posted:

Has there been any word when the Walmart Exclusive Civil War figures will be out? Falcon and Bucky I think?

Haven't found word on those guys at all, but Jimmy Kimmel showed them on his show last week. Maybe around the home video release?

I'm trying to figure out how there are some of the Walmart Exclusive - War Machine/Disco Iron Man singles out on ebay. Haven't seen that one anywhere.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

ShimSham posted:

Haven't found word on those guys at all, but Jimmy Kimmel showed them on his show last week. Maybe around the home video release?

I'm trying to figure out how there are some of the Walmart Exclusive - War Machine/Disco Iron Man singles out on ebay. Haven't seen that one anywhere.

Aren't those Target Exclusive?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Aren't those Target Exclusive?

Yep. They're shown up in the Phillipines which explains why they're showing up on eBay.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Ah, good to know. I would have been hunting in the wrong place. I really want that War Machine since he's actually bulky like WM should be. I passed on the Hulkbuster War Machine since he was so skinny.

Question for those of you with Detolf shelves, or experience with IKEA in general: How do you afford shipping? Or do you guys just live near an IKEA? The closest one to me is 6 hours away in Atlanta. I sold off a lot of my old collection and finally had some money to blow on some Detolf shelves and just shipping was going to be ~$350 and I'm just not about that life.

Is there a way to get these things 1. without paying insane shipping costs and 2. without driving directly to an IKEA?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShimSham posted:

Ah, good to know. I would have been hunting in the wrong place. I really want that War Machine since he's actually bulky like WM should be. I passed on the Hulkbuster War Machine since he was so skinny.

Question for those of you with Detolf shelves, or experience with IKEA in general: How do you afford shipping? Or do you guys just live near an IKEA? The closest one to me is 6 hours away in Atlanta. I sold off a lot of my old collection and finally had some money to blow on some Detolf shelves and just shipping was going to be ~$350 and I'm just not about that life.

Is there a way to get these things 1. without paying insane shipping costs and 2. without driving directly to an IKEA?

IKEA does not have affordable shipping once you're like 5 miles from a store. Your only option is to pick them up or have a friend do it.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rhyno posted:

IKEA does not have affordable shipping once you're like 5 miles from a store. Your only option is to pick them up or have a friend do it.

Good to know, I've never bought anything from them before so I wasn't sure if this was normal. Thanks for that. Thankfully I think I found a place in New Orleans that buys from IKEA Houston for you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShimSham posted:

Good to know, I've never bought anything from them before so I wasn't sure if this was normal. Thanks for that. Thankfully I think I found a place in New Orleans that buys from IKEA Houston for you.

Oh I forgot, there are quite a few independent IKEA resellers that will do that for you. Two years ago I made about $800 delivering IKEA products to people here in town.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Feeling the hype.

Team Cap

Team Iron Man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ikea's gimmick doesn't really work anymore once you have to ship something.

Detolfs aren't anything special, they're just very cheap for a nearly full glass display case. If the reseller adds too much to the cost, something local could beat them out.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
So, I found a Nendoroid Mega Man locally for a good price and I'm really liking it. I do wish, however, that there was some display-appropriate hair that I could give him so I could have him helmet-less. Are there any other figures that would have a compatible hairpiece/head-back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ShimSham posted:

Pfft, it's only 4 hours.