Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Yeah, some users are not very picky, ime. And yes I've known a few. Not saying every addict automatically does, just it's a risk. She was taking both coke and MDMA, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Besesoth posted:

*shakes thread* my nigga have u tried LSD

Yes the same day I had my gallbladder out. I wouldn't suggest the combination.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

Yes the same day I had my gallbladder out. I wouldn't suggest the combination.

Cures junkies, but not gallbladders. Good to know.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

pookel posted:

Yeah, some users are not very picky, ime. And yes I've known a few. Not saying every addict automatically does, just it's a risk. She was taking both coke and MDMA, too.

Dude those drugs are both party drugs with stimulant effects. It's not like she was shoving every drug ever into her system.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
No you don't understand. Coke fiends regularly take tons of opiates. Very similar experiences. Pookel knows a lot about drugs and drug culture.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

pookel posted:

OH NO, NOT MDMA!!!!!!!!!!! You're an idiot.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

FrozenVent posted:

Me: "Before I pee in this cup, here's my written prescription for cocaine."

My dumb as a rock security officer: "You have a prescription for cocaine. Right." :rolleyes:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Lol did someone call the tcc brigade?

Some people really do just want to get hosed up and will use whatever's at hand, because the goal is to get hosed up and ignore your lovely life for a while, and jumping on this poster because it doesn't fit your party line doesn't change that. Even if she really does only want uppers, as a doctor she would have access to Ritalin and Adderall and etc. Whether her conviction should have an impact on her ability to become a doctor is another question, and I think seeing how well she sticks to recovery when she no longer has the threat of hail hanging over her will be a lot more relevant.

Regardless, there's no way someone poorer and/or browner would be getting a suspended sentence for the same crime.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

If you get fired because of this there is surely some legal recourse right.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Yeah jesus what a buncha of loving degenerates. "Oh just because someone saw cocaine in a movie once doesn't mean they're gonna sprint over to Crackton and inject reefer into their eyes" like seriously how naïve can you junksters be

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Maybe just laugh off that a goon is super sheltered and move on?

The murder of Shiori Ino is one of the most horrifying examples of victim blaming and police negligence. If you live in Japan you sure as hell better hope that you don't know your aggressor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shiori_Ino
http://articles.latimes.com/2001/feb/24/news/mn-29737

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 13:14 on Sep 28, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

Maybe just laugh off that a goon is super sheltered and move on?

The murder of Shiori Ino is one of the most horrifying examples of victim blaming and police negligence. If you live in Japan you sure as hell better hope that you don't know your aggressor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shiori_Ino
http://articles.latimes.com/2001/feb/24/news/mn-29737

Man how helpless would you feel? That's horrible and now I'm sad. Time for the cute thread for a while. :smithicide:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

GelatinSkeleton posted:

OH NO, NOT MDMA!!!!!!!!!!! You're an idiot.

I do not get this attitude my entire generation seems to have about MDMA. These are people who would be horrified if you ever suggested trying meth but for some reason MDMA is just fine. Amphetamines just seem like life ruiners in general, I'll stay the gently caress away tyvm.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I do not get this attitude my entire generation seems to have about MDMA. These are people who would be horrified if you ever suggested trying meth but for some reason MDMA is just fine. Amphetamines just seem like life ruiners in general, I'll stay the gently caress away tyvm.

You don't get it because you clearly don't know much about drugs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This is the thread for showing off how many statistics we've memorized about serial killers, not for assholes to talk about their drug habits.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Some people really do just want to get hosed up and will use whatever's at hand, because the goal is to get hosed up and ignore your lovely life for a while, and jumping on this poster because it doesn't fit your party line doesn't change that. Even if she really does only want uppers, as a doctor she would have access to Ritalin and Adderall and etc. Whether her conviction should have an impact on her ability to become a doctor is another question, and I think seeing how well she sticks to recovery when she no longer has the threat of hail hanging over her will be a lot more relevant.

Regardless, there's no way someone poorer and/or browner would be getting a suspended sentence for the same crime.

I'm not sure how much Ritalin and Adderall are present in a hospital pharmacy. I'm going to assume not that much.

That said, Thanks for your keen insights into the degenerate druggies and their desperation to get ~*Any Fix At All At All Times*~ in this thread.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I will NEVER do weed.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014
LMAO at any one who thinks the LSD they've had this century is actually LSD.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Actually you're all cool and know about drugs. Great Job.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

RCarr posted:

You don't get it because you clearly don't know much about drugs.

Please please please try to tell me that meth is fine. I really hope this is where this is going.

I'm just a normie that smokes pot and does shrooms

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
:siren::siren:Turn left thread!! :siren::siren:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Actually you're all cool and know about drugs. Great Job.

That's rich coming from someone who surrounds themselves with acid heads.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Booger Presley posted:

:siren::siren:Turn left thread!! :siren::siren:

I'm turning left right now actually, to pull into the shady motel where I buy my fentanyl laced heroin

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:nws::nms:A little kid got beaten to death with a hammer while trying to save his younger sister from being molested.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Not that I necessarily need to read something that's so awful but my number of free washpo articles ran up so I literally can't read it

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:smithicide:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Samfucius posted:

Please please please try to tell me that meth is fine. I really hope this is where this is going.

I'm just a normie that smokes pot and does shrooms

That would be stupid. Like comparing MDMA and meth.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Not that I necessarily need to read something that's so awful but my number of free washpo articles ran up so I literally can't read it

If you copy the URL and google it, you can read it that way. Glad I could help! :smithicide:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...id=pm_local_pop

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

This sounded familiar too me but it was only because I had read about two similar cases :(

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/04/new-jersey-boy-6-killed-saving-sister-in-attack-police-say.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/boy-8-killed-defending-sister-rapist-cops-n95571

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

Just want you to know that I really liked this line.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Hedenius posted:

Thank you murder friend :respek:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

HAT FETISH posted:

Yeah jesus what a buncha of loving degenerates. "Oh just because someone saw cocaine in a movie once doesn't mean they're gonna sprint over to Crackton and inject reefer into their eyes" like seriously how naïve can you junksters be

Captain Monkey posted:

I'm not sure how much Ritalin and Adderall are present in a hospital pharmacy. I'm going to assume not that much.

That said, Thanks for your keen insights into the degenerate druggies and their desperation to get ~*Any Fix At All At All Times*~ in this thread.

that's a lovely strawman you've constructed, I really like the eyes

now if you want to address what I said, I'm gonna be over here

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I smoke weed. :negative:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
independent of that girl who tried to use a butter knife as hanzo steel, none of you seem to know much about addiction, rather you know about some addicts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's not really something you can explain to someone that hasn't been through it. It's the whole reason meetings, sponsors, and rehab exists.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Judgement sounds fairly reasonable, but if she had been poor they would have locked her up for decades.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Sarcopenia posted:

Hedenius posted:

agreed, this was underappreciated

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Judgement sounds fairly reasonable, but if she had been poor they would have locked her up for decades.

Agreed. Not mad she got leeway. Mad some people don't get that leeway when they also deserve it, because they're the wrong color or tax bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

More "morbidly hilarious" than "unnerving", but either way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindow_Woman#Discovery

TL;DR: dude kills his wife and throws her body in a bog, then 20 years later some peat cutters dig up a body in the same bog. Dude panics and thinks it's his wife's corpse and confesses to everything when the police come asking around.

Then carbon dating reveals the body is almost 2000 years old.