Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

These people whom we are supposed to like never have anything good to say about TJ, their alleged friend, except that he cooks good food for them for free. They are completely using him. Good guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Nekonaughey

Wikipedia posted:

Saury, or sanma, is one of the most prominent seasonal foods representing autumn in Japanese cuisine. It is most commonly served salted and grilled (broiled) whole, garnished with daikon oroshi (grated daikon) and served alongside a bowl of rice and a bowl of miso soup. Other condiments may include soy sauce, lime, lemon, or other citrus juices.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Haifisch posted:

The Amazing :iiam:

Steve Irwin?!?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RolandTower posted:

Goddamnit this lovely comic made me do a little laugh-snort.
It's kind of improved lately. That's not saying much, but it has.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
OH NO SOMEONE'S LETTING GILCRHIST INTO MASSACHUSETTS THIS WEEKEND
https://www.facebook.com/BostonSouthCoastComicCon/videos/vb.618876708148323/1547423068627011/?type=3&theater

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hopefully it'll be a line of people asking him why he beats women

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Endless Mike posted:

Hopefully it'll be a line of people asking him why he beats women

And steals their paychecks.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

SuperKlaus posted:

I have dreadful, sorrowful news.

This exhausts my supply of the bus.

I have some good news - it's a real good finish.

I'd really like to reintroduce Panto to the thread but I can't find a source.

Thanks for posting The Bus. It's been one of my favorite comics from these threads.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

whenever I see those grilled fish they always look mad tasty but also kinda weird. I'd probably try it if I had the opportunity though

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
So I heard this a couple days ago and figured it'd be of interest to people here.

'Cartoon County' Looks Back At The Golden Age Of Sunday Comics

Article posted:

Vanity Fair editor-at-large Cullen Murphy grew up the son of a cartoonist. His father, John Cullen Murphy, drew the popular Prince Valiant strip, which Murphy eventually wrote for 14 years.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
the bus, more like the best

Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 25, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (April 11, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (May 8, 1924)

Lil' Abner (January 7, 1938)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

Barney Google (May 11, 1923)

Alley Oop (August 10, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (August 6, 1935)

Dickie Dare (September 19, 1933)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

Bringing Up Father (January 19, 1940)

Krazy Kat (January 18, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (January 19, 1937)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Bald Guy is exactly what Judge Parker needed. :allears:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Angular Cyrus posted:

Honey Come Chatka

Oh my god is one of the Side B characters going to appear in Side A

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why does bald guy want to help break woman out of prison?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorta vaguely his fault she's in there.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

catlord posted:

So I heard this a couple days ago and figured it'd be of interest to people here.

'Cartoon County' Looks Back At The Golden Age Of Sunday Comics

I actually read an ARC of this a couple of months ago and I enjoyed it a lot! I thought it was very interesting.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.
holy mackerel, i thought that the area of parkings spaces in US = area of west virginia had to be fake (how could that possibly be?), however:

estimates vary from as few as 100 million all the way up to 2 billion parking spots in the US, so being conservative and saying the average spot is 7' X 8' = 56 square feet , 56 X a million spots (the lowest estimate) = 56 million square feet, divided by 5280 ft/mile = 11,000 square miles of parking spaces at the very lowest end, and west virginia is 24,000 square miles - so it roughly checks out! also found out that in cities parking spaces can be up to 1/3 of the city area! who knew?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

56 million square feet is only 2 square miles, man. It's a factor of 5280^2

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set goes to the safe well of golf jokes.

Working Daze gets into the holiday spirit.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix explores the limitations of the medium.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

You know, you creepy gently caress, my uncle was on the airfield at Pearl Harbor that morning; he was one of the people who scheduled and kept track of flights, practices, and missions going off the base. He told my mother years later, that he and a buddy were just out for a walk that morning when they saw the planes coming in. Had he not been able to run like a mad bastard, he recalled, his last words on earth would have been, 'Now who's this loving rear end in a top hat ooooh poo poo!' as the bullets started flying. It was more than two weeks before my grandmother learned if the main breadwinner in the family (aside from her) was even still alive.

I'd like to think that my master sgt uncle would seriously kick Gilchrist's hacky arse into the middle of next week if he saw this dribbling shite.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

:woof:

Dustin

Mandrake

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:psyduck: The last strip had him as a substitute teacher, is that not a job in the Dustinverse?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To Dustin's family it's as respectable as being a waiter, a store clerk, or an ethnic.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Rough maths using the 2 billion upper limit suggested would mean that every parking space has an area of over 300 sq ft. 15 by 20 ft parking spaces seem a bit generous.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 7, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 7, 1996)

Garfield Classic (May 7, 1986)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Why does bald guy want to help break woman out of prison?

April is Abbott's daughter.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why would Parker help Abbott break out April?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Why would Parker help Abbott break out April?

She's his daughter-in-law.

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

Ms Boods posted:

You know, you creepy gently caress, my uncle was on the airfield at Pearl Harbor that morning; he was one of the people who scheduled and kept track of flights, practices, and missions going off the base. He told my mother years later, that he and a buddy were just out for a walk that morning when they saw the planes coming in. Had he not been able to run like a mad bastard, he recalled, his last words on earth would have been, 'Now who's this loving rear end in a top hat ooooh poo poo!' as the bullets started flying. It was more than two weeks before my grandmother learned if the main breadwinner in the family (aside from her) was even still alive.

I'd like to think that my master sgt uncle would seriously kick Gilchrist's hacky arse into the middle of next week if he saw this dribbling shite.

My stepfather was stationed at Hickam Field that morning as well, and he would certainly have liked to 'help' your uncle with the rear end kicking.

Family history has it that he was standing in line waiting for a clinic appointment on a pro slip when he saw the planes coming overhead. So I guess his last words would have been something about not having the clap? He was a tough old bastard but I guess they all were.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

I wonder if this guy knows he has a half-human granddaughter. I'm not familiar with Dick Tracy's deep moonlore.

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Haifisch posted:

Bald Guy is exactly what Judge Parker needed. :allears:

Marciuliano is clearly having a lot of fun with this character, and it's great.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

This bums me out.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Mokotow posted:

This bums me out.

it turns out great! Don't worry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 7, 1996)

This was a good one. It's amazing A&J has remained so entertaining for so long with one guy running the show the whole time.

F Minus

Mark Trail

:madmax:

Mary Worth

Calaveron posted:

So like what's the angle Mary Worth is going for here? That Iris should take this slob back despite him dumping her for somebody more attractive that was clearly scamming her or is it a thing where Iris will essentially tell him to go gently caress himself now that she's getting younger, wealthier strange
I am 99% sure she's going to take him back after consultation with Mary Worth, and it pisses me off that Mary is probably going to steer her in that direction in that way she does.

On the other hand, if the opposite happens, I will be pleasantly surprised.

The Phantom

I like that they're adding the detail here of how Phantom is putting thought into ensuring no one gets killed accidentally, even if it wouldn't really be his fault.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"She made her choice, and she's just going to have to live with the consequences. Wait no, that's not right."

Apartment 3-G

This is a stupid thing for Margo to try to do and probably not helpful for Newton, however, it is still being done better and with more sensitivity than any of the Tiffany interventions in Luann.

• Locked thread