Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

zoux posted:

The El Ray channel is shutting down on Dec 31. Lucha Underground was their only notable program, I think.

They had the Dusk Til Dawn series too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ruddiger posted:

They had the Dusk Til Dawn series too, right?

It was pretty rad, people should check it out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was crazy good. And put Eliza Gonzalez on the map.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Betty. It was very good and the High Maintenance crossover in the s1 finale made me smile

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/cwsupermanlois/status/1343980393045905409?s=20

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yaaaaaawwwwwn.

Superman is so loving boring at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

Yaaaaaawwwwwn.

How dare you speak of Tiny Clark in such a way

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

bull3964 posted:

Yaaaaaawwwwwn.

Nah

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

bull3964 posted:

Yaaaaaawwwwwn.

My posts so loving boring at this point.

fixed

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What new material do you really expect an Arrowverse CW show to mine at this point?

Maybe I'm just very jaded having caught up on 2 years worth of Arrowverse over the past month and a half, but aside from some Legends goofiness, it all seems utterly creatively bankrupt at this point.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I don't give a poo poo about originality in my entertainment, I care about execution. I like pretty much all of the actors associated with their Superman, therefore I have no problems with him getting a show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There are only four stories anyway: Man vs. self, Man vs man, Man vs nature, and the MCU.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bull3964 posted:

What new material do you really expect an Arrowverse CW show to mine at this point?

Maybe I'm just very jaded having caught up on 2 years worth of Arrowverse over the past month and a half, but aside from some Legends goofiness, it all seems utterly creatively bankrupt at this point.

Superman with baby is pretty novel. Even in comics, they usually skip to them being kids or teenagers so they can go on adventures.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

oh jay posted:

Superman with baby is pretty novel. Even in comics, they usually skip to them being kids or teenagers so they can go on adventures.

The kids are teenagers in the show.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

GreenNight posted:

The kids are teenagers in the show.

gently caress

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

What a goofy-rear end teaser. I hope that's just for social media and not the show. The sentiment is right, but the actual execution... yeesh.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

That is one Times Square Superman impersonator looking dude

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just discovered the perfect representation of how I feel in America as 2020 ends and 2021 looms...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

zoux posted:

There are only four stories anyway: Man vs. self, Man vs man, Man vs nature, and the MCU.

Nature vs Nature covers some of the Toho that delineation misses. Though some of those are a different story with monsters fighting in the background.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

STAC Goat posted:

I just discovered the perfect representation of how I feel in America as 2020 ends and 2021 looms...

When did the Muppets do Reefer Madness?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched the first two episodes of Alice in Borderland on Netflix and I'm enjoying it. Although so far it seems like a fairly stereotypical entry in the "death game" genre.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bruceski posted:

When did the Muppets do Reefer Madness?

Its a Its a Wonderful Life parody from A Very Merry Muppet Christmas. Kermit wishes he was never born and the Muppet Theatre becomes a nightclub where all the Muppets rave apparently.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

The El Ray channel is shutting down on Dec 31. Lucha Underground was their only notable program, I think.

I admired that they would show uncut versions of Italian exploitation movies and do kung-fu and kaiju marathons. A bit of a shame, but this is one niche streaming has moved quick to cover.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
El Ray always reminded me of that 30 Rock gag about trying to make it 1997 again through science or magic because it's absolutely the kind of thing that would have rocked so many peoples' worlds if it had come out two decades earlier.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I admired that they would show uncut versions of Italian exploitation movies and do kung-fu and kaiju marathons. A bit of a shame, but this is one niche streaming has moved quick to cover.

Pushing the boundaries of what you could get away with on basic cable right at the point where what you could get away with on basic cable stopped mattering because everyone was just using streaming.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Like, how large are the Muppets, canonically

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shageletic posted:

Like, how large are the Muppets, canonically

Depends on the Muppet. Fozzie's probably three foot tall, but Sweet'um's a good six feet.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1344361330162212868

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Flight Attendant is freaking great

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

This sucks. She was so much hotter than Ginger.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Number_6 posted:

She was so much hotter than Ginger.

:hmmyes:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Number_6 posted:

This sucks. She was so much hotter than Ginger.

The sum total of a person's life being whether or not they give you the biggest boner out of all their coworkers is really something even for the perma-horny TVIV genchat posters.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/woodmuffin/status/1325106555264638981

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh poo poo, well I know what I'm marathoning tomorrow.

Well two-and-a-half seasons of, anyway. The show goes down the toilet after Captain Murphy "leaves to fight in the Spice War" (:smith:)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bizarro I love you.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Watching Death To 2020 and I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel L. Jackson's segments were completely unscripted.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Alhazred posted:

Watching Death To 2020 and I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel L. Jackson's segments were completely unscripted.

There were so many predictable jokes in it but I enjoyed it and I couldn't stop laughing at the Scientist getting pissed at the videos they were showing when he was explaining COVID

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my favorite joke was the "average" woman talking about being put off from using her hands because of conflicting information and for a while she used her elbows for everything. Then mentions her boyfriend broke up with her after that.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

are people liking the stand? it seems pretty decent to me. i only remember the overarching story and it seems pretty true to it so far. also, just well done.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I won't pretend I was remotely sober, but I really enjoyed watching the premier for The Watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
lmao holy poo poo this lady in death to 2020: "believe me i know criminal behavior when i see it. Whether its someone breaking a windows or a black man sitting in a car"

and mouthing 'is he with you??' to the director about the black sound guy hahahahah