Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Ghosts And Ghouls posted:

hello good breakfast

Hello welcome today was POTAGE DAY and I got to make the first batch of PUMPKIN OAT POTAGE of the year, and it was nice. What did you eat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

boo-osterous posted:

i have a mini space heater for the bathroom (there's no heater vent in there and it gets chilly in the winter) that is conveniently at head height and thus it doubles as a blowdryer for me

I do not have heat that blows in that bathroom, just for the pipes, and woweee I need to put a vent in there someday. Unless I get itchy feet and leave. I might.

Goons Are Gifts

Holy poo poo potage might be straight from the gods if you ask me

Goons Are Gifts

I had incredible bread and cereals with chocolate and also nuts in it because if the NUTS! video we had a couple of pages ago but I had to interrupt the sacred ritual that is breakfast due to putting on my mod hat and now I need to continue where I left off which both is bad because it interrupts breakfast but also good because it feels like the breakfast just turned longer

cruft

I had incredible bread and cereals with chocolate and also nuts in it because if the NUTS! video we had a couple of pages ago but I had to interrupt the sacred ritual that is breakfast due to putting on my mod hat and now I need to continue where I left off which both is bad because it interrupts breakfast but also good because it feels like the breakfast just turned longer

Breakfast is when you break your fast.

What should we call it when you break breakfast like this?

biosterous

for far would you portage for potage?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I'm sorry you had to do that, but I do appreciate that you did. Thank you

Zil

cruft posted:

second breakfast

cruft

boo-osterous posted:

for far would you portage for potage?

For far would you portage for potage?
For far does it bring me, my love.
For fair is my dotage
For fair fleeting potage
For flat-flooting fliffles of fluv.

alnilam

cruft posted:

I think the non-vegetarian Subway experience must be radically different, because for us it was like suddenly on road trips we could get a sandwich with fresh vegetables almost as easily as a Big Mac.

We like Subway a lot, but we only ever eat a sandwich that isn't even on the regular menu any more, so I get why people are confused that we'd go there and that we think it's nice.

hmm i had the complete opposite experience as a not meat eater, the only option was like, a few of their lovely toppings, which everyone else gets for free, on a bun? whta a ripoff. Apparently they have since introduced some kind of black bean patty but i haven't been to one in like 15 years

cruft

alnilam posted:

hmm i had the complete opposite experience as a not meat eater, the only option was like, a few of their lovely toppings, which everyone else gets for free, on a bun? whta a ripoff. Apparently they have since introduced some kind of black bean patty but i haven't been to one in like 15 years

A few vegetables on bread is a Godsend when you're a vegetarian driving through West Texas in 1992.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah Subway used to be good for me, but since they changed the bread to be significantly less bread and more sugar, plus cross contamination on their vegetables all the time, it's been bad up this way. :(

Thank you for mod hatting, GaG, I was worried it was that one again.

Escape From Noise

The issue for me has always been the Subway Smell.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
it’s coffee time

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

cruft posted:

Breakfast II
Back to the breakfast
Return of the breakfast

aldantefax posted:

it’s coffee time

:agreed: :coffeepal:

City of Glompton

Escape From Noise posted:

can't abide it

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Finger Prince

There's something very excellent about sitting on the balcony in a hoodie in the cool autumn air, listening to the birds, with a cup of coffee to start the morning. It isn't even great coffee. God this balcony is so much better than my last one. Today I'm going to get good coffee beans and then go to the market. I need to stock up on bougie white people food.

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

There's something very excellent about sitting on the balcony in a hoodie in the cool autumn air, listening to the birds, with a cup of coffee to start the morning. It isn't even great coffee. God this balcony is so much better than my last one. Today I'm going to get good coffee beans and then go to the market. I need to stock up on bougie white people food.

balcony/porch coffe is the best :coffeepal:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

That pescado smell

more falafel please

forums poster

my buddy lived above a subway for a year and it just smelled like that in his apartment all the time

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

I don't have a sense of smell, what is the Subway smell? I just assumed it smelled like baking bread.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

cruft posted:

I don't have a sense of smell, what is the Subway smell? I just assumed it smelled like baking bread.

How do you know what baking bread smells like?

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Preservatives and cold cuts I guess? It's hard to explain. But it sticks to the clothing. My housemate for a brief period worked there and he came home smelling like it

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlVhq0js-Lg

cruft

Viginti Septem posted:

How do you know what baking bread smells like?

I can kind of taste things at the back of my throat.

I did have surgery 20 years ago to clear the polyps out of my sinuses, and I can sort of smell things, but my sense of smell at this point is probably better described as "wildly inaccurate" instead of "missing". I've just gotten into the habit of saying I can't smell things, because it's still close enough to accurate, and is easier to explain.

I've baked a lot of bread and can identify that smell pretty accurately. I don't think I know what processed meats smell like.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Kind of like a yeasty meat fart happened about two hours before you entered an entirely closed room.

cruft

Fun fact, cooking hamburger smells exactly the same to me as a person getting a serious electrical burn. It was really disturbing for the first few years I could smell. I've gotten used to it now, and I'm probably a lot less sensitive to people getting electrical burns now.

cruft

I got the surgery after I'd gone vegetarian and it never occurred to me until just now that associating serious injury with smells that many people think of as mealtime probably factors into me never considering going back to eating meat!

Zil

I think its the yeast or whatever they use. It has a very distinct smell. I liked it when I was little, but now it is offputting. My wife nearly gags when she smells a Subway.

cruft

I love this new av, incidentally.

Zil

cruft posted:

I love this new av, incidentally.

Just a demonic lemon summoned into the world trying his best

City of Glompton

Mormon Nailer posted:

Kind of like a yeasty meat fart happened about two hours before you entered an entirely closed room.

+ a little bit of bleach

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Finger Prince posted:

My opinion on coffee is that every coffee has a place in the spectrum of time. There's a reason why diner coffee at 3:00 AM after stumbling out of a long game of D&D or the club or whatnot is so intensely appealing, when normally I wouldn't be at a diner drinking diner coffee. Same thing for the breakfast coffee they have at the Tex-Mex restaurant around the corner, when quantity matters way more than quality.

This is even a thing in some things regarding tea!

alnilam

To everything, turn turn turn
There is a coffee, turn turn turn

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

alnilam posted:

To everything, turn turn turn
There is a coffee, turn turn turn

something something urn

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cruft

Zil posted:

Relatable.

Stoner Sloth

Zil posted:

alone in the world was a little demon-lemon

biosterous

FISTO MODO

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

I went outside to eat my soup at the market and there is a lady earnestly singing funeral dirge covers of popular tunes from 30-50 years ago into a microphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_WzpQgDtY