Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

PostNouveau posted:

People are always like "Anton Chigurh, one of the most terrifying villains ever on film" and I was always pretty meh on that assessment and I just realized it's because he's basically Two-Face from Batman
batman would get absolutely clowned on by the we can't give out no information lady

he'd try to get the information and she just wouldn't give it to him. checkmate, batailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
conan's travel show got renewed

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stink Billyums posted:

Nice

I've been rationing it since there are only 4 episodes. Wait until I'm having a bad day and use it to cheer up

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Brian Herbert jumping onto the success of the movies to trick some exec to let him write some lovely tv show.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

khwarezm posted:

Brian Herbert jumping onto the success of the movies to trick some exec to let him write some lovely tv show.

On brand for Brian Herbert

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does anyone know the URL to chunkys chicken? I want to see if I can dig it up on some archive. I thought it was funny

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Say what you will about the failson, and you can say a lot, but it's not nothing to keep yourself relevant to the franchise in the post dunc era. Perhaps he was only ever a failson in the respect of making any art of value

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I wanted a Christopher, but I got a Brian.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

That DICK! posted:

"a british guy does pranks cause hes too lazy to work"
The British Office

Gutcruncher posted:

A rich businessman cries because his failing factory doesn’t have enough employees
Sparticus

Mozi posted:

A moon doesn't want to give up the wheat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acl-i1fTic8

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

do you remember where you were when the power balance of the dc universe shifted?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

poster in the dune thread got it in one:

pnumoman posted:

Failson deserves every penny he can milk outta his dad's stuff. I will, however, never be interested in it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1QyAYa60g

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Man even if it’s a well made show, which the odds are it won’t be, it’s just a story that I don’t care about. There’s a reason why Frank Herbert started his books with fall of House Atriedes.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
To tie everything back to RLM, advertising something written by Brian with the Herbert name reminds me of the (frank) STALLONE cover art for Terror in Beverley Hills.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m meticulously scanning every frame for Coppola fail-children.

It would be cool if he could make a late-career comeback, and I’ll probably watch it. But other than some cool visuals, the political message seems really on the nose.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Clodio Pulcher. What a fuckin name for a character

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

as someone whos read the book this seems like a real whiff. where's the luxury properties, the railroad storyline? i guess it makes sense to cut the electric and water company stuff but it seems like they're just gonna entirely skip the winning second place in a beauty contest storyline? how is any of this going to make sense?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

That DICK! posted:

as someone whos read the book this seems like a real whiff. where's the luxury properties, the railroad storyline? i guess it makes sense to cut the electric and water company stuff but it seems like they're just gonna entirely skip the winning second place in a beauty contest storyline? how is any of this going to make sense?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

Hey, Coppola has been smoking weed and inappropriately hitting on extras for 10 years to make this movie so I think we just have to let him cook

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Stink Billyums posted:

Dollar for dollar I think Conan probably has one of the best value propositions for entertainment, so a bean counter like Zaslav would be all over it.

I heard that John Mulaney Netflix talk show is p good too I need to check it out.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

please stop making new things

This is an extraordinarily generous use of the word "new".

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Stink Billyums posted:

"Set on a long-haul flight where the entertainment system fails, the film will see passengers forced to face the horror of being bored"

no stakes on a plane

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's an emirates flight, they had no idea what he was doing

I remember on an AirAsia flight I ordered a whisky and coke and flight attendant gave me a plastic cup 100% full of whisky no ice, and a can of coke.

Fun flight.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

dr_rat posted:

I remember on an AirAsia flight I ordered a whisky and coke and flight attendant gave me a plastic cup 100% full of whisky no ice, and a can of coke.

Fun flight.

how much did that cost you? or do asian airlines give that out for free

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gently caress it just redirects to the main site. I really want to see the menu again.

What's the moon wheat one

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

piratepilates posted:

how much did that cost you? or do asian airlines give that out for free

that poo poo is free on any international flight

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

please stop making new things

Remake old things but make them slightly worse.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

doomisland posted:

that poo poo is free on any international flight

:eyepop: a whole cup worth?? gotta take more international vacations, drat.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

gently caress it just redirects to the main site. I really want to see the menu again.

What's the moon wheat one

the what

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

do you remember where you were when the power balance of the dc universe shifted?

Much like the DC universe I was taking a massive poo poo

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

hey madame web is on netflix let's go girls

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cubone posted:

the what

Mozi posted:

A moon doesn't want to give up the wheat.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hint: the moon is not as patriotic as some might hope

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Iron sky

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's the death star

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched three colors: red at the alamo

felt like I lost the plot a few times, but I felt better after I figured out dude is a time traveler.

overall the trilogy was enjoyable. I imagine it's better the second time when you know the whole thing going in

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
now watch Dekalog

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

quote:

An accident destroys a decaying metropolis called New Rome. Cesar Catilina, an idealist architect with the power to control time, aims to rebuild it as a sustainable utopia, while his opposition, corrupt Mayor Franklyn Cicero, remains committed to a regressive status quo. Torn between them is Franklyn's socialite daughter, Julia, who, tired of the influence she inherited, searches for her life's meaning.

Very excited to see Coppola's YA novel put to film

Cubone
May 26, 2011

new Bobby Fingers 🙏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RIEPKEhE2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I love these.

What's this about the moon and wheat? Is it rebel moon cuz I aint watching that poo poo