Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal

There he go

alnilam posted:

But the aglet! The aagleeetttt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

alnilam posted:

tape

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

while I cannot say my desire to purchase a $40 aglet crimping tool from amazon is particularly high, I can truly say it has never been higher

ty nesamdoom!

kalel

I went to a beach I've never been to before and I saw the most beautiful property I've ever seen. I'm not usually into house stuff but I was struck. there's a big white house on a hill overlooking the beach, encircled by trees except beach-side, with a cute little path winding down the knoll and ending at a little patio-type area. that area sits in front of a beautiful grassy clearing that extends to a small bluff in front of the shore line.

it made me a little forlorn because I'll never be able to afford anything like that. now I want to wake up in the morning and see the ocean outside my window. watching the beach grass rhythmically bounding in the wind as the waves gently brush against the shore. maybe waking up before dawn to see the sunrise at the horizon. oh well

sb hermit

Ghosts And Ghouls posted:

yeah ive been vaccinated for months and still got it with quite some symptoms :argh:
also I cant taste or smell anything and that sucks very bad because it kinda does make eating unfun

:ohdearsass: Get well soon, and please keep us informed. Sending you good vibes!

sb hermit

kalel posted:

I went to a beach I've never been to before and I saw the most beautiful property I've ever seen. I'm not usually into house stuff but I was struck. there's a big white house on a hill overlooking the beach, encircled by trees except beach-side, with a cute little path winding down the knoll and ending at a little patio-type area. that area sits in front of a beautiful grassy clearing that extends to a small bluff in front of the shore line.

it made me a little forlorn because I'll never be able to afford anything like that. now I want to wake up in the morning and see the ocean outside my window. watching the beach grass rhythmically bounding in the wind as the waves gently brush against the shore. maybe waking up before dawn to see the sunrise at the horizon. oh well

That's something I always wondered about. I live near a highway close to the coast, but you can't see the coast from the highway in a lot of places because it's blocked by houses and condos. Despite the highway being called "Pacific Coast Highway". And I think that the bulk of those homes never really get lived in, and I kinda feel that the societal benefit of such a place is wasted (although this is an idea fraught with lengthy, debatable, possibly non-byob issues). If I had a ton of money, I think I'd be more likely to rent a motel room for a weekend (for as many weekends I need) than buy a beachfront house.

Goons Are Gifts

the mean thing is, I got it from a friend who is also the girlfriend of my best friend and we three are pretty much the only people we saw over a long period of time, all super careful, among the first to get vaccinated when Germany started doing that around 4 months later than the rest of the world, due to my cancer stuff I even had priority and was able to reel those two in via that due to how close we are and now all three of us got it while people go out and complain about Bill gates being a mask and never get anything :smith:

i know you might say that's just a virus at work and he doesn't care about any of this, but what if, hear me out here, what if the virus was also a ghost??

Goons Are Gifts

I'm starting to think that most things in the world might be ghosts this time of the year

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
spaced ghost, post to post

----------------

sb hermit

I'm starting to think that most things in the world might be ghosts this time of the year

what if most things are ghosts year round, and this is the time for us to ponder on that fact?

also, ghostbusters might be be why ghosts are in vogue right now, rather than poltergeists or phantoms

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Viginti Septem posted:

Huh, Facebook is changing their name.

They're going to have to fax us a copy of the court ordered name change, their new photo identification, their changed social security cards, a statement of intent, and a published pubic notification of name change. :colbert: real names policy and all.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Would you say you feel... Haunted?

Are you still living with a ghost, lonely and dreaming of the west coast?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

while I cannot say my desire to purchase a $40 aglet crimping tool from amazon is particularly high, I can truly say it has never been higher

Forty loving dollars?! Honey, no.

Use any old wire crimper. The second largest set should be fine. Source: I hand weave my shoelaces (yes it's a weirdo thing but it's a fiber people thing).

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

In a fourth post, please lift up Bubbly Echo-Hawk, a good friend and fellow artist from back home, who was gravely injured in an accident that also claimed the life of his daughter Alexie on Sunday. I'm hurting for him, so much.

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
BYOB I finally got my office Halloween decor up!

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
Starting today off strong. Walked outside and immediately stepped in some sort of poo. Not sure what kind since I don't own a dog. Could have been a human. Took a shower, put on clean clothes and then just started vomiting all over myself with no warning from my body. Don't know why, I haven't eaten this morning just had some water. Cleaned up again then I got a bad case of sudden diarrhea, again with no warning, while walking around my house.

Maybe the flu, maybe cursed by a demon. I feel totally fine other than the poo and vomit I've had to put up with this morning. Help me, Dr BYB

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

you should totally call in sick smoke some weed do a crime and go to bed

sig by owlhawk911

Tampa Bae

pixaal posted:

you should totally call in sick smoke some weed do a crime and go to bed
Weed is still illegal here and I don't wanna risk a comfy government job that's let me work from home and work like 2-3 hours a day

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

oh good you can get your crime out of the way then

sig by owlhawk911

Tampa Bae

The handful of times I tried pot it just wasn't for me anyway

Finger Prince

Tampa Bae posted:

Starting today off strong. Walked outside and immediately stepped in some sort of poo. Not sure what kind since I don't own a dog. Could have been a human. Took a shower, put on clean clothes and then just started vomiting all over myself with no warning from my body. Don't know why, I haven't eaten this morning just had some water. Cleaned up again then I got a bad case of sudden diarrhea, again with no warning, while walking around my house.

Maybe the flu, maybe cursed by a demon. I feel totally fine other than the poo and vomit I've had to put up with this morning. Help me, Dr BYB

Maybe you released a poo ghost* from the outside log you stepped in.

*norovirus

Tampa Bae

Finger Prince posted:

*norovirus
That sounds completely plausible but now I'm just worried about the person who decide to take a dump outside my front door in the middle of the night

But it says it takes 12-48 hours for the symptoms to hit and it was less than an hour from when I stepped in the poo

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Tampa Bae posted:

Weed is still illegal here and I don't wanna risk a comfy government job that's let me work from home and work like 2-3 hours a day

bein scared to do something other than suckle from daddy fed would make me sick too

----------------

Tampa Bae

pnac attack posted:

bein scared to do something other than suckle from daddy fed would make me sick too
I like my job a lot more than being high so yeah I'll suckle on the government teat.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
that was mean and i'm sorry, i have no idea what you do and not everyone can be cool all the time

----------------

Stoner Sloth

Tampa Bae posted:

That sounds completely plausible but now I'm just worried about the person who decide to take a dump outside my front door in the middle of the night

But it says it takes 12-48 hours for the symptoms to hit and it was less than an hour from when I stepped in the poo

hope you're feeling better soon friend :sympathy:

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

*norovirus

I had this kind of puke/poo ghost this weekend too, and cared for a toddler with it, not a fun weekend overall

Sorry you caught it from me through byob tampa bae, i shouldn't have been posting in the nude while GI sick :/

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Coughing into my modem hoping to spread my germs to fellow BYOBers. :evilbuddy:

Finger Prince

Tampa Bae posted:

What if the outside person who did the poo was struck by the very same poo ghost haunting you? Maybe the poo was coming from inside the house!

Tampa Bae

pnac attack posted:

that was mean and i'm sorry, i have no idea what you do and not everyone can be cool all the time
Audits, boring stuff. Usually for Universities, but mostly state-funded institutions including the government itself. In the last decade the most exciting thing I ever did was asking why a university decided to buy a digital camera from Baby's R Us. Another year a business got hit really hard because they couldn't match any physical item to a cost they reported so the year afterwards they had stickers on everything they felt cost over $50 which had me check under every single chair, keyboard, computer, etc for a giant campus with 100 offices.

Usually just asking for receipts if they're not there or matching a company's internal tag with a physical item. Nothing malicious or abusable, it's just a job

Don't worry about being mean, I wasn't even born in America I moved here when I was a teen and don't trust the government either

Goons Are Gifts

Zurtilik posted:

Coughing into my modem hoping to spread my germs to fellow BYOBers. :evilbuddy:

this is where I got the virus from, too

alnilam

GI diseases are mega contagious, i wouldn't overthink where it came from just drink fluids (ideally gatorade/pedialyte) a tiny sip at a time to sneak it past your angry stomach, all day, feel better soon friend

Goons Are Gifts

today I got the fancy government official business saying I'm under arrest here now, the first day of quarantine is not even over yet and I am already out of options what to do with my life, so I'm going to post now, post eternally

Goons Are Gifts

guy asked me who I had contact with so they can trace the virus spreading, I told him all of byob and he's now looking for all of you :devil:

Tampa Bae

alnilam posted:

GI diseases are mega contagious, i wouldn't overthink where it came from just drink fluids (ideally gatorade/pedialyte) a tiny sip at a time to sneak it past your angry stomach, all day, feel better soon friend
Luckily I'm a seasoned alcoholic and have plenty of Pedialyte and gatorade in waiting. Haven't drank in a week tho, still don't have an ID.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

guy asked me who I had contact with so they can trace the virus spreading, I told him all of byob and he's now looking for all of you :devil:

so... the germans are coming?

----------------

Escape From Noise

What if the boys... never left town?

Escape From Noise

The boys are coming from inside the town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The boys were the Germans and the town was Belgium in 1940, you're saying?