Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothmeister
May 25, 2011
Holy Crap at that shot RazalasSol, beautiful!!!!

Okay then, so I had another look at the photo i posted in the snapshot thread last night and boosted the foreground lightness a little bit and stuck a high pass filter on it to sharpen the rocks a little. Also took the time to take a look at a few more from the sunset.

The panic about the D7000 being broken has subdued as it looks like I've managed to fix it. The shutter was stuck up for some reason, managed to release it and its back to taking pics again. Will have to watch it very closely though.

So Huzzah!!!!!

Milford On Sea Sunset by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Milford On Sea Sunset Pano by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Milford On Sea Before Sunset by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Crashing Waves by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

slothmeister posted:

Holy Crap at that shot RazalasSol, beautiful!!!!

Okay then, so I had another look at the photo i posted in the snapshot thread last night and boosted the foreground lightness a little bit and stuck a high pass filter on it to sharpen the rocks a little. Also took the time to take a look at a few more from the sunset.

The panic about the D7000 being broken has subdued as it looks like I've managed to fix it. The shutter was stuck up for some reason, managed to release it and its back to taking pics again. Will have to watch it very closely though.

So Huzzah!!!!!

Milford On Sea Before Sunset by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Crashing Waves by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

I like the first 3, but the last one looks a bit too much like a snapshot with motion blur because the camera compensates for low light rather than it being intentional.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

slothmeister posted:

These are gorgeous! The warmth of these are a nice change from the usual cold look of long-exposure-rocks-n'-water photos.

Crosspostin' SAD with some pictures from Scotland

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Glacier National Park:

20110811-St Mary Lake Dusk.jpg by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

St. Mary Lake Sunrise by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

St. Mary Falls by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

Hidden Lake by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Early this AM, Jordanelle Utah
Wish that most of my gear is in storage still. All RAW shots handheld and simply processed in PS.
From our balcony (you can spot small parts of adjoining balconies that I'll probably edit out.) Utah is awesome.

Exposures captured with a D200 and a few fixed-focal Nikkors. Cropping is probably in the future of a couple.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 29, 2011

macx
Feb 3, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

Early this AM, Jordanelle Utah
Wish that most of my gear is in storage still. All RAW shots handheld and simply processed in PS.
From our balcony (you can spot small parts of adjoining balconies that I'll probably edit out.) Utah is awesome.

Exposures captured with a D200 and a few fixed-focal Nikkors. Cropping is probably in the future of a couple.

Oh how I miss the southwest

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

middle cove by scottch, on Flickr

tapper's cove fog by scottch, on Flickr

bauline by scottch, on Flickr

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

scottch posted:

middle cove by scottch, on Flickr

tapper's cove fog by scottch, on Flickr

bauline by scottch, on Flickr

I really like all of these.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Dread Head posted:

Amazing work. Where was this taken?

Is there any detail available in the dark shadow on the right?

My only real criticism here is that the sky goes from almost white in the distance to a dark, almost unnatural blue at the top. Did you use a gradient filter in post?

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

CarrotFlowers posted:

I really like all of these.

Thanks. Been fiddling with the last two for far too long.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Tincans posted:

Amazing work. Where was this taken?

Is there any detail available in the dark shadow on the right?

My only real criticism here is that the sky goes from almost white in the distance to a dark, almost unnatural blue at the top. Did you use a gradient filter in post?

Was taken in a park on Vancouver Island (Strathcona). I have a few exposures looking at it now I think I want to tweak the sky a bit and possibly the shadows like you mentioned.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

jm3000
Jan 19, 2004

Pancake Dance Party
Nap Ghost

Grand Canyon by johnm3000, on Flickr

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

jm3000 posted:

:drat:

Hotwax Residue
Mar 26, 2010

jm3000 posted:

Beautiful!

Trees in Fog by Paul.Simpson, on Flickr

The Branch by Paul.Simpson, on Flickr

Crater Lake by Paul.Simpson, on Flickr

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Hotwax Residue posted:

Trees in Fog by Paul.Simpson, on Flickr

I love this but I might be biased because cypress trees, fog, and cypress trees in fog are my favorite things in the world

edit: cypresspostin'

Cypresses in the fog. by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Hotwax Residue posted:

Going to visiting here in early october, getting excited!

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

Dread Head posted:

Going to visiting here in early october, getting excited!

It's an amazing place, you should be excited. I do have one request if you're going, though: take some shots of the surrounding area, not just the lake. I know it sounds pretty stupid, but a lot of people get really fixated on the lake and ignore the surroundings.

Hotwax Residue, that's a p sweet shot, though, I must admit. Wish you would've gotten the whole crater island thing. I can see why you didn't, though, you would've gotten way less clouds that way.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

aliencowboy posted:

Crosspostin' SAD with some pictures from Scotland

Yup. Loving all of these, really great pictures.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
We arrived here (Jökulsárlón) at exactly the right time. Only stayed ten minutes, just enough to snap this.

P1060710 by fuglsnef, on Flickr

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

David Pratt posted:

We arrived here (Jökulsárlón) at exactly the right time. Only stayed ten minutes, just enough to snap this.

Love it!

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
drat I love the poles, I really want to get to the arctic sometime or better yet the antarctic.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Do you know what it is that's seemingly swimming on the left hand side in the water? Awesome shot!

Hotwax Residue
Mar 26, 2010

Smekerman posted:

It's an amazing place, you should be excited. I do have one request if you're going, though: take some shots of the surrounding area, not just the lake. I know it sounds pretty stupid, but a lot of people get really fixated on the lake and ignore the surroundings.

Hotwax Residue, that's a p sweet shot, though, I must admit. Wish you would've gotten the whole crater island thing. I can see why you didn't, though, you would've gotten way less clouds that way.
I wish I'd got more of the island in too but yeah the clouds needed to be in there I thought. I did a pano but for some reason it just doesn't look right. If we'd had more time I would have waited for the clouds to move a bit maybe

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

HookShot posted:

Do you know what it is that's seemingly swimming on the left hand side in the water? Awesome shot!

It's a seal!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

The Wall by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

looks better bigger

Edit: switched to final, fixed version.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 20, 2011

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

The Wall by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

looks good bigger too

It would look even better on my wall! Fantastic

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Portra 160 NC

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Fuji Pro 400

Mannequin fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 24, 2011

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Mannequin posted:

Fuji Pro 400

The square format really works for this.

Niagalack
Aug 29, 2007

No half measure.

David Pratt posted:

Can i use as wallpaper ?

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING

David Pratt posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Out of my whole Iceland trip, I was most excited about shooting that lagoon. The two days we were in that part of the country, we had sleet, snow, fog, white-out conditions. I Never got a decent shot. ALSO never saw a seal, which I was pretty bummed over too.

Your shot is incredible. I see by your photostream that you went to the abandoned fish place too... lucky!

Just got back from my Yellowstone trip. Here are the first shots from Grand Teton national park:

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Glacier National Park:

Beautiful country. My old man works as a border guy on the Canadian side. Your photo of Hidden Lake captures the essence of that area perfectly.

Nothing too special, but this is what the west coast is looking like as of last weekend:

galiano by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

Rot fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 25, 2011

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.

Hotwax Residue posted:

Beautiful!

Hey there, Crater Lake buddy!

Crater Lake & Wizard Island by sulakkalus, on Flickr

Crater Lake 2 by sulakkalus, on Flickr

Those are about a year old but I haven't shared them on here yet...

And today I went to Pyramid Lake, NV for some sunrise shots.

Three Ridge Sunrise by sulakkalus, on Flickr

I almost walked into this lil guy:

St Andrew's Cross Spider? by sulakkalus, on Flickr

He was very nice to stand still for me, although the wind was blowing his web around so I had to try to focus manually. This was the closest I could get to a clear shot.

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010
I love Lesotho, was there this weekend and the views are nothing short of spectacular.

I botched something up in post that caused the whole thing to go incredibly grainy, and I have no idea what, but honestly, I can't be arsed to run through everything and fix it.

Morija (6 of 6) by sildargod, on Flickr

Miskatonic
May 16, 2010

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
Took this with my Nikon FM2n. Used Fujifilm Superia 200. Not to happy with how grainy the film actually is. Maybe my processing it at Fred Meyer had something to do with it?

Untitled by Carbon Negative, on Flickr

I'm still new to this. Tear it apart if you like.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Rosslyn by torgeaux, on Flickr

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

jm3000 posted:

Did you meed god?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Niagalack posted:

Can i use as wallpaper ?
Of course :blush:

Gambl0r posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Out of my whole Iceland trip, I was most excited about shooting that lagoon. The two days we were in that part of the country, we had sleet, snow, fog, white-out conditions. I Never got a decent shot. ALSO never saw a seal, which I was pretty bummed over too.

Your shot is incredible. I see by your photostream that you went to the abandoned fish place too... lucky!

Sorry you didn't get good weather :( I'd been there once before during my summer holiday and the light wasn't anywhere near as good. This was the best one I got:

P1020888 by fuglsnef, on Flickr

So yeah, I guess one of the biggest parts of landscape photography is waiting for the right light.