Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

http://pastebin.com/hChkKiFj

I did change the "Convert images to in-line links" and "Don't convert if NMS/NWS warning" boxes in close proximity to when it happened. No idea if that's related, I honestly can't remember if it's something I hit first or something I clicked while in there looking to see what had toggled to break the pop-in window.

Why is the window position-locked anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

changelog posted:

* Updated jQuery to v1.10.1.
* Updated js/settings-handler.js to use .prop() instead of .attr() as appropriate
- Renamed a couple options (ex: User Avatar settings) to be clearer on their intent
- Removed "Hide top menu" setting as it didn't do anything
- Removed second "Automatically collapse long quotes" setting
* Renamed "Display quotes in boxes" to "Display quotes in simpler style"
* Renamed "Hide SALR Logo" to "Hide SALR Logo in top thread bar"
+ Added little help question mark next to settings to explain what they do or if they require some SA user option change. All help dialogs activated as mouse-over.
* Move color picker for inline youtube videos over next to the text input box
* Updated Page-Navigator selector for lastseen icon
* Reduced threshold to collapse long quote from 400 to 150. This is ~113 words words on a 1280x1024 monitor.
* Moved all settings over slightly on the options page (~10px)
* Made it so clicking on logo on settings page takes user to settings dump page (as this was default behavior at one point?)
- Removed "Adjust window position after threads load" as this is a forum option
- Removed "Fix thumbnailed images" as these got fixed on SA a while ago
* Moved "SALR Bar" up a few pixels in thread view
* Updated admin/mod stars in setting view
+ Using alt key on changing from mouse gestures to context menu holds setting between pages
* Made pageCount util.js routine a bit more robust for parts of the forum that don't always show pages (ie. Privage Messages)
+ Added ability to change between going up a forum layer or going to UCP on mouse gesture "Up" button
+ Added Accidental Quote, Not Edit warning to the Quick Relpy box enabled by the existing option at bottom of settings.html
+ Added ability to select several star colors to not open on the "Open all unread messages" option.
+ Added option to show a link to a user's SOAP underneath their post next to the button for Rap Sheet
* Fixed Omnibar icon for quick forum jumping.
+ Added ability for extension to know if SALR Redux Browser Button is installed, and disable Omnibar icon (and setting) is it is.
+ Added option to have username be highlighted regardless of case as it's currently always case-sensitive.
I'm on 1.5.19 and none of the settings changes appear for me:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

LastInLine posted:

I'm on 1.5.19 and none of the settings changes appear for me:

Those are the 2.0.0 release notes. The last couple releases dealt with adding a button to the bottom of the settings that saves the User/Thread notes from SALR to Redux for people moving over.

Here's a tentative list of what needs to be fixed before releasing 2.0.0. The main thing is going to be getting imgur working again.

oldskool posted:

http://pastebin.com/hChkKiFj

I did change the "Convert images to in-line links" and "Don't convert if NMS/NWS warning" boxes in close proximity to when it happened. No idea if that's related, I honestly can't remember if it's something I hit first or something I clicked while in there looking to see what had toggled to break the pop-in window.

Why is the window position-locked anyway?
It's position locked because of the CSS involved and making it move would be somewhat complicated. The easiest way I guess would be to make it a popup window like SALR for firefox, so I guess I can see if that's possible for the users that would like it like that.

Supreme Power
Jun 9, 2013

by Fistgrrl
I just want to thank all of you for your work on this project.

I kinda took a break from the forums for a while, so the last time I fiddled with SALR was with the Firefox version, right around the time some of the features got integrated into the forums (like colorizing viewed threads/posts, jumping to last viewed post (correctly), and a couple other little things), and I have to say I'm really impressed with the state of things as they are today. The forums are OK without SALR, but the extra options with SALR make them great.

:tipshat:

It seems that most of my complaints have already been mentioned in the thread, so I'll leave that alone.

edit: What does the 'enable retina images' thing do? Does it do anything on a Windows PC?

Supreme Power fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 28, 2013

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Supreme Power posted:

edit: What does the 'enable retina images' thing do? Does it do anything on a Windows PC?
On Windows PCs it should lead to the landing page for the retina MacBook Pro.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

It's position locked because of the CSS involved and making it move would be somewhat complicated. The easiest way I guess would be to make it a popup window like SALR for firefox, so I guess I can see if that's possible for the users that would like it like that.

If it's not possible/feasible, you could also just make an option to move the buttons to the top of the window so they aren't cut off by the random dropoff.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
OP post highlighting doesn't seem to work for me. Redux v.1.5.19 on Chrome v.27.0.1453.116m. Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Supreme Power posted:

It's a Macbook pro feature (retina) so the smilies don't really affect you. There's a note attached to this setting in the upcoming version about that.

oldskool posted:

If it's not possible/feasible, you could also just make an option to move the buttons to the top of the window so they aren't cut off by the random dropoff.
Yeah, I'll do that as a stopgap, but I wish I could figure out what it is. Though, on my new laptop, the buttons appear really high up compared to the desktop I mainly use. Maybe it has something to do with resolution, I'm not sure. (What is your resolution though?) It really is the worst bug to track down.

Oldstench posted:

OP post highlighting doesn't seem to work for me. Redux v.1.5.19 on Chrome v.27.0.1453.116m. Thanks for all the work you've done on this.
You have to enable a setting in the User CP Options page that highlights OP name for the setting to work. Sorry for the confusion, a note has been attached to this setting in the next version.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Master_Odin posted:

You have to enable a setting in the User CP Options page that highlights OP name for the setting to work. Sorry for the confusion, a note has been attached to this setting in the next version.
Thanks - that was it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

Yeah, I'll do that as a stopgap, but I wish I could figure out what it is. Though, on my new laptop, the buttons appear really high up compared to the desktop I mainly use. Maybe it has something to do with resolution, I'm not sure. (What is your resolution though?) It really is the worst bug to track down.

Thanks, this would be a huge help. My resolution's 1920x1080.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I have the bug and my resolution is also 1920x1080.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Well, now I'm interested to know if it's an issue that all CSS is subtly broken or something. Anyway, if you guys could do this for me, I'd appreciate it:
1. Open Quick Reply
2. Right click on top part of the box and hit "Inspect Element"
3. On the right, there's a condensed thing called "Computed Style"
4. Expand it, and tell me what it says for "padding-bottom" and "margin-bottom".
Also, let me know what OS you're on. I'm sorta grasping for straws as I continue to just not have any clue what's causing it.

Also, a sorta fix while I work on things:
Open:
C:/Users/<name>/AppData/Local/Google/User Data/Default/Extensions/bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/1.5.19_0/css/quick-reply.css (Windows)
or
/Users/mpeveler/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/1.5.19_0/css/quick-reply.css (Mac)

and find:
div.modal {
Add after:
margin-bottom: 100px

(if box is too high, change the 100 to a smaller number). Restart browser to see effects.

I'm assuming this is the issue here is that something is changing the margin on the box messing it up (perhaps setting it to some negative value? I'm not sure) What a bothersome error.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Master_Odin posted:

Well, now I'm interested to know if it's an issue that all CSS is subtly broken or something. Anyway, if you guys could do this for me, I'd appreciate it:
1. Open Quick Reply
4. Expand it, and tell me what it says for "padding-bottom" and "margin-bottom".
Also, let me know what OS you're on. I'm sorta grasping for straws as I continue to just not have any clue what's causing it.

I'm assuming this is the issue here is that something is changing the margin on the box messing it up (perhaps setting it to some negative value? I'm not sure) What a bothersome error.

margin-bottom: 0px
padding-bottom: 20px
Resolution: 1680x1050

I have not experienced the issue on this computer, but I haven't been using it very long. If it does pop up, is there anything I can make a note of to help you debug it?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

unpronounceable posted:

margin-bottom: 0px
padding-bottom: 20px
Resolution: 1680x1050

I have not experienced the issue on this computer, but I haven't been using it very long. If it does pop up, is there anything I can make a note of to help you debug it?
Those two elements, OS/Resolution, if you recently changed any settings when it happened. I don't think another extension could affect it, so it has to be something within SALR and I don't think that by default, it should appear any different to users as everything is defined in pixel values.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

padding-bottom 20px, margin-bottom 0px on 1680x1050 Windows 7 at work, and the popup works fine here. I'll check when I get home in a little bit.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Master_Odin posted:

1. Open Quick Reply

Also, a sorta fix while I work on things:
Open:
C:/Users/<name>/AppData/Local/Google/User Data/Default/Extensions/bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/1.5.19_0/css/quick-reply.css (Windows)
or
/Users/mpeveler/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/1.5.19_0/css/quick-reply.css (Mac)

and find:
div.modal {
Add after:
margin-bottom: 100px

(if box is too high, change the 100 to a smaller number). Restart browser to see effects.

E: Nvm I found it.

padding-bottom: 20px;

I'm on my Windows 8 64 bit running at 1080p and I have the quick reply problem.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 5, 2013

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I couldn't find anything for "margin-bottom". This is all it told me:

I'm on my Windows 8 64 bit running at 1080p and I have the quick reply problem.

Beside where it has Computed Style, I have a check box that says Show inherited. I found the margin-bottom value in the new values that appeared when I checked that box.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

unpronounceable posted:

Beside where it has Computed Style, I have a check box that says Show inherited. I found the margin-bottom value in the new values that appeared when I checked that box.

That did it, thanks.

margin-bottom: 0px;

I edited my original post as well.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Finally home:
margin-bottom 0px, padding-bottom 20px.
Windows 7, 1920x1080 resolution.

Adding margin-bottom: 100px moved everything up, and it now looks like this:

E: change the height from 390px to 390 + whatever you set for margin-bottom to fix that lack of background, if it bothers you.

Based on that, it looks like something's reassigning the bottom of the quick-reply window to the bottom of the text box instead of the bottom of the frame.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 6, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
What I was worried about, that the entire thing is completely dependent on the CSS being specific, and that of course chrome seems to render things slightly differently on different computers for no apparent reason.

I've added rewriting the display method for that for 2.1 release as I can't even see the "Show Live Preview" box fully on my mac so clearly this is inefficient here.

e: at this point, I'm finishing up a handful of "quality of life" changes and then releasing 2.0.0. Some of the remaining bugs (imgur, thread count highlighting) are proving a bit more substantial to fix than I'd like and I think I've done enough already honestly to warrant a release. Expect it in a couple days.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 10, 2013

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Is it possible to customize the quick reply-box keyboard shortcuts? 'Cause on my keyboard layout (Danish), the [-symbol is CTRL+ALT+8, which means that whenever I want to type in some BBCode, the syntax for a list pops up ('cause the shortcut for list is CTRL+8 I guess) and that is super-annoying.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Changelog posted:

### v2.0.0 (6/10/2013) -- I put too much time into SA release

* Updated jQuery to v1.10.1.
* Updated jQuery-ui to a custom v1.10.3 version. Adds 'ui-salr' to an instance of ui-icon to ignore forum css
* Updated js/settings-handler.js to use .prop() instead of .attr() as appropriate
* Updated quick-reply.js to use delegated on handler for emote/bbcode insertion instead of live()
- Renamed a couple options (ex: User Avatar settings) to be clearer on their intent
- Removed "Hide top menu" setting as it didn't do anything
- Removed second "Automatically collapse long quotes" setting
* Renamed "Display quotes in boxes" to "Display quotes in simpler style"
* Renamed "Hide SALR Logo" to "Hide SALR Logo in top thread bar"
+ Added little help question mark next to settings to explain what they do or if they require some option change
* Move color picker for inline youtube videos over next to the text input box
* Updated Page-Navigator selector for lastseen icon
* Reduced threshold to collapse long quote from 400 to 150. This is ~113 words words on a 1280x1024 monitor.
* Moved all settings over slightly on the options page (~10px)
* Made it so clicking on logo on settings page takes user to settings dump page (as this was default behavior at one point?)
- Removed "Adjust window position after threads load" as this is a forum option
- Removed "Fix thumbnailed images" as these got fixed on SA a while ago
* Moved "SALR Bar" up a few pixels in thread view
* Updated admin/mod stars in setting view
+ Using alt key on changing from mouse gestures to context menu holds setting between pages
* Made pageCount util.js routine a bit more robust for parts of the forum that don't always show pages (ie. Privage Messages)
+ Added ability to change between going up a forum layer or going to UCP on mouse gesture "Up" button
+ Added Accidental Quote, Not Edit warning to the Quick Relpy box enabled by the existing option at bottom of settings.html
+ Added ability to select several star colors to not open on the "Open all unread messages" option.
+ Added option to show a link to a user's SOAP underneath their post next to the button for Rap Sheet
* Fixed Omnibar icon for quick forum jumping.
+ Added ability for extension to know if SALR Redux Browser Button is installed, and disable Omnibar icon (and setting) is it is.
+ Added option to have username be highlighted regardless of case as it's currently always case-sensitive.
* Moved "Show Last Three Pages" option into the "Forums Display Options" section
+ Added options to only enable the "Display threads with new posts first" and "Show Last Three Pages" options in certain parts of SA
* Update and simplify smiley emotion regex for live preview (taken from scottferg#45)
* Fix console error when hitting "reply" button in a thread when using quick reply
* Fix buttons (such as live preview and smiley) for showing top/side bar in quick reply being broken if closing quick reply with them still open
+ Added slight padding to the thread titles when "Display new post counts inline" enabled to prevent thread title from overlaping
* Fix hotkeys being active in the thread while editing user notes
+ Add explanation to what the hotkeys are attached to "Enable keyboard navigation"
+ Add F/L hotkeys that take user to first and last post respectively
* Fix forward/back a page hotkeys being broken when using the "Show Three Pages" option
* Move Thread Notes button over ~30px so that the "Top" button doesn't overlap it
+ Add way to not show the link to single post view underneath every post
+ Add ability to minimize/maximize setting sections as needed. By default, all sections are minimized.
* Fixed all iFrames showing same youtube video when shown inline
+ Alphabetized smiley list in Quick Reply window. Added setting to enable this.
- Removed Imgur sidebar till such a time as it works again
- Removed broken 'Highlight thread counts in yellow if you've posted there before' till it's fixed
* Fix quotes in "Live Preview" looking bad (having plaintext post id stuff)
+ Gave bottom mouse gesture an icon to reflect its new behavior (refresh)
I'll be uploading this to the web store slightly later tonight after a bit more testing on a couple features.

Instant Grat posted:

Is it possible to customize the quick reply-box keyboard shortcuts? 'Cause on my keyboard layout (Danish), the [-symbol is CTRL+ALT+8, which means that whenever I want to type in some BBCode, the syntax for a list pops up ('cause the shortcut for list is CTRL+8 I guess) and that is super-annoying.
Added issue for this. It should be pretty easy to do as all I really need to do is make a map of all keys and what their keycode value is (which isn't that hard).

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I'm having an issue that I can't seem to reliably replicate. Sometimes when I'm browsing YOSPOS a right click will reload the page instead of bringing up the gestures. It seems to happen most often when I'm in the pics thread but it's happened other times too. Advancing to the next page seems to get everything to work normally and I can't force it to do it. Seems to happen maybe 1 out of 10 pages.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

I'm having an issue that I can't seem to reliably replicate. Sometimes when I'm browsing YOSPOS a right click will reload the page instead of bringing up the gestures. It seems to happen most often when I'm in the pics thread but it's happened other times too. Advancing to the next page seems to get everything to work normally and I can't force it to do it. Seems to happen maybe 1 out of 10 pages.
My only guess would be that maybe it's somehow defaulting to hitting the bottom mouse gesture button (a refresh) if you try using the mouse gestures before the page loads? I'll attempt to replicate as I think there may be a slight regression in the mouse gestures anyway in how handling coloring for it is done.

Anyway, 2.0.0 is officially released as I got pretty distracted over the weekend. It should be pushed out to all browsers shortly. Due to the nature of the update (jQuery being updated mainly), I attempt to test all systems of the script, but please let me know if anything does work.

Note: I've removed the imgur sidebar for now as it didn't work anyway till I have more time to work on it. At the moment, considering that the sidebar is going to be rewritten, I have no concluded when exactly I'll get that back working.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Does 2.0 fix the quick reply bug that some of us are having?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Does 2.0 fix the quick reply bug that some of us are having?
No. I think it might have to do with google chrome rendering things differently for whatever reason (again, my macbook has everything pushed up so there's a huge space beneath the buttons), which means I'm not sure the issue is even fixable by me. And considering the that the live preview is also completely unusable on my aforementioned macbook (13"), I think I need to rewrite the quick reply box to be a (hopefully) pop-up kind of deal like the firefox SALR. The current solution, while looking nice, just seems to be bugged for no apparent reason.

I haven't even touched the css of the quick-reply box either (well, beyond changing the z-index of things to make them appear over other elements), so the fact that it seems to randomly happen during use is just baffling.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I hear ya. I get the bug on my Windows 8 PC running @ 1920x1080, but not on my Windows 8 netbook @ 1366x768. Must be pretty infuriating not being able to track down the problem.

Thanks for looking into it though :)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The ESC key doesn't seem to close quick reply boxes anymore, keyboard navigation on or off.

E: Otherwise 2.0 seems to be fine so far. Only a lot more quotes seem to be tldr-ed now. What's the amount of words a quoted post has to have to be tldr-ed? Is there a way to increase that? Right now posts with 18 words are being scrunched and need to be double clicked to expand them.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 15, 2013

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Version 2.0 doesn't seem to be working right for me. When I'm viewing a thread none of the options that affect the posts seems to be working. No highlighting or thread notes and avatars and user text showing up even though the options to show them are unchecked.

http://pastebin.com/i9MmKwdB

Is there some weird thing I might have to do to get the new version to work right?

The option to have bookmarked threads with unread messages at the top of the User CP without having all of SA do so too is working and I like it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

My only guess would be that maybe it's somehow defaulting to hitting the bottom mouse gesture button (a refresh) if you try using the mouse gestures before the page loads? I'll attempt to replicate as I think there may be a slight regression in the mouse gestures anyway in how handling coloring for it is done.
That was my first thought but it seems like it happens sometimes in threads that are fully loaded. I'll go to two finger scroll and just touching the trackpad does it (two-finger scroll on a MacBook Air, tap to click enabled) even though I'll have scrolled the page earlier.

I'll see if it happens on 2.0.0. Everything else seems to be working fine for me, including highlighting. :)

e: It just did it in a grey forum and I found that toggling mouse gestures with the Option/Alt key stops it from happening even when you toggle back to gestures. Hope that's useful information.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 15, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Flagrama posted:

Version 2.0 doesn't seem to be working right for me. When I'm viewing a thread none of the options that affect the posts seems to be working. No highlighting or thread notes and avatars and user text showing up even though the options to show them are unchecked.

http://pastebin.com/i9MmKwdB

Is there some weird thing I might have to do to get the new version to work right?

The option to have bookmarked threads with unread messages at the top of the User CP without having all of SA do so too is working and I like it.
Fixed. This was an issue with a jQuery selector. I'll upload a fix in a few minutes.

Note: There seems to be a really bad slowdown in the friend parsing. I'm going to look into this and hopefully come up with an improvement shortly.

LastInLine posted:

That was my first thought but it seems like it happens sometimes in threads that are fully loaded. I'll go to two finger scroll and just touching the trackpad does it (two-finger scroll on a MacBook Air, tap to click enabled) even though I'll have scrolled the page earlier.

I'll see if it happens on 2.0.0. Everything else seems to be working fine for me, including highlighting. :)

e: It just did it in a grey forum and I found that toggling mouse gestures with the Option/Alt key stops it from happening even when you toggle back to gestures. Hope that's useful information.
What are you exactly doing? Just casually browsing the site using trackpad, scrolling down and it just randomly refreshes? Or is it a you pause for a sec to read a post, then continue scrolling and then bam, refresh?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

What are you exactly doing? Just casually browsing the site using trackpad, scrolling down and it just randomly refreshes? Or is it a you pause for a sec to read a post, then continue scrolling and then bam, refresh?
The latter although it's happened on the first scroll too. Usually I'll scroll a little, lift my fingers, scroll a little, etc. Then every once in a while as soon as I touch the trackpad the page just refreshes. It's not predictable at all.

e: Once it's doing it every two finger touch will refresh the page until I leave that page. I can do whatever except toggle gestures and it will continue to refresh with every secondary click.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 15, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

The latter although it's happened on the first scroll too. Usually I'll scroll a little, lift my fingers, scroll a little, etc. Then every once in a while as soon as I touch the trackpad the page just refreshes. It's not predictable at all.
Can you get it to happen sorta reliably? If so, if you could turn off "tap to click", and see if it continues to happen. I'm guessing that some of your presses are registering as a right click and as you pull downard, you hit the bottom button which refreshes the page. If that is the case, I'll add a setting that enables/disables that behavior as the user wants.

released 2.0.1

CHANGELOG posted:

### v2.0.1 (7/15/2013)

- Actually remove the thread yellow count highlight option
* Fix jQuery error on not parsing smilies when using ImageToLink option

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Can you get it to happen sorta reliably? If so, if you could turn off "tap to click", and see if it continues to happen. I'm guessing that some of your presses are registering as a right click and as you pull downard, you hit the bottom button which refreshes the page. If that is the case, I'll add a setting that enables/disables that behavior as the user wants.

released 2.0.1
It will happen again soon enough but I don't think that's it. It never even shows the line or the targets, it immediately begins the refresh when I touch the trackpad. There's not time for me to pull to the target.

Even if that was what I was doing it wouldn't be repeatable once it starts. Once it gets going it refreshes every time and the targets never appear.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Master_Odin posted:

Added setting for it in 2.0.0. Thanks for the suggestion!

This is great, thanks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The new update is pretty cool, but the "take user notes from SALR" made me wish that the user notes from Firefox SALR could be imported, is there any way that could happen?

Edit: Also could the "Show live preview" save state so that if I check it in one post it's automatically on whenever I make a new quickpost/edit?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

New release reset my customized CSS to fix the quick reply box, so I burned about an hour monkeying with the CSS. (Power went out at work, woo!)

Changing the height from 390 to auto seems to have fixed it.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

It will happen again soon enough but I don't think that's it. It never even shows the line or the targets, it immediately begins the refresh when I touch the trackpad. There's not time for me to pull to the target.

Even if that was what I was doing it wouldn't be repeatable once it starts. Once it gets going it refreshes every time and the targets never appear.
Since this only happens with mouse gestures enabled, that means it has to do with that. Since it's refreshing, it has to do with that bottom button. Maybe it's just not registering where your mouse is correctly or what you're doing? I'm using the same laptop type as you (just a newer model I guess), with the same mouse settings and stuff it seems.

pik_d posted:

The new update is pretty cool, but the "take user notes from SALR" made me wish that the user notes from Firefox SALR could be imported, is there any way that could happen?
It would not be a super simple process but I could probably make new settings area to handle it. You'd have to install an extension in firefox (SQLite Manager) to get the data, but after that, it should be relatively easy to convert it to the format used by the chrome version.

pik_d posted:

Edit: Also could the "Show live preview" save state so that if I check it in one post it's automatically on whenever I make a new quickpost/edit?
I'll add settings that make each checkbox be either defaulted to on/off instead of just the "Bookmark Thread" checkbox.

oldskool posted:

New release reset my customized CSS to fix the quick reply box, so I burned about an hour monkeying with the CSS. (Power went out at work, woo!)

Changing the height from 390 to auto seems to have fixed it.
Well, this seems like a good thing to look into. Maybe trying to change the height values for the quick reply and topbox (preview) to percent values instead of hard values would be better. I'll pursue this avenue as it might be the best choice in retaining the current set-up and probably easier than any other sort of rewrite. I say this as I think the Live Preview box should be messed up for you right? (it appears a bit seperated from the quick reply box, and then it doesn't go all the way away when you disable it)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

Well, this seems like a good thing to look into. Maybe trying to change the height values for the quick reply and topbox (preview) to percent values instead of hard values would be better. I'll pursue this avenue as it might be the best choice in retaining the current set-up and probably easier than any other sort of rewrite. I say this as I think the Live Preview box should be messed up for you right? (it appears a bit seperated from the quick reply box, and then it doesn't go all the way away when you disable it)

Live preview doesn't seem to do that for me. New issue, if I minimize the quick reply box and then re-maximize it, it snaps back into the unpostable zone. Height changes from ~450 to 390 upon re-opening the window.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

oldskool posted:

Live preview doesn't seem to do that for me. New issue, if I minimize the quick reply box and then re-maximize it, it snaps back into the unpostable zone. Height changes from ~450 to 390 upon re-opening the window.
in that extension folder, if you go to /js/quick-reply.js, on line 403, the height of the box gets set:
code:
    var max = '390px';
Change it to the value you want.

Note: I obviously don't exactly know if it'll break. Theoretically this shouldn't be necessary, and I'm going to try and come up with better values that end up a bit more "universal" for people so everyone has the same box.

• Locked thread