Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I put the spreadsheet poo poo in the OP. Nice work spoon.

Still have yet to see so much as a screenshot of this game but I'm pretty much resigned to buying it because I want to shoot stuff goddamn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Your spreadsheet won't display the third line of my Haiku. :(

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

I put the spreadsheet poo poo in the OP. Nice work spoon.

Still have yet to see so much as a screenshot of this game but I'm pretty much resigned to buying it because I want to shoot stuff goddamn it

You can just admit that you're sweet on me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2nzUQNyzE

Memories

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Can the application form please be changed to read "Whose side are you on?" Please?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

That game was the best, simply great stuff. I'm looking forward to the new one hoping for some of that magic again.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

BrokenKnees posted:

There's a Battlefront beta coming next week, should hopefully let you know if you should pick it up.

How do I get on the list or whatever... Pre-order as usual?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Duke Chin posted:

How do I get on the list or whatever... Pre-order as usual?

It's open beta on all platforms.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Augh my god why was BO1 so good, jesus. You're making me want to reinstall it and go wreck all the lovely crouch-only servers with my gofast MPL builds

also are we in full shitposting mode yet

edit: its only like 30 days until release, I vote we start shitposting

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Start?

BO1 was terrible poo poo with godawful netcode, MW2 supremacy, suck my tubes noob

BO3 seemed pretty cool from the beta, but I'm scared of more jetpacking nonsense, I was not an AW fan :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

victrix posted:

BO1 was terrible poo poo with godawful netcode, MW2 supremacy, suck my tubes noob

There's something really loving wrong with you if you think IW.Net was better than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QIU569M8ak

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Man, Modern Lobby Waiting 2 was the best game. :allears:

That said, once you got in, it was way, waaaaaay more stable than every release post-BLOPS 1.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Mister Macys posted:

Man, Modern Lobby Waiting 2 was the best game. :allears:

That said, once you got in, it was way, waaaaaay more stable than every release post-BLOPS 1.

MW2 is the gold standard in gameplay, no argument there, but BO1 had good server management and browsing, and a passable gameplay meta

BO2 was a cashgrab laced with nostalgia that somehow ended up OK

AW was like a beershit followed by a spicy indian poo poo - you think it's just gonna be nasty but OK and then it goes nuclear and completely catches you by surprise and scorches your bhole for weeks

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

It took me a while to get used to the AW movement mechanics and get my aim back, but once I did I came to realise it is a really loving fun COD game. Really love how they shook up the series, even if the Australian PC community is fully of big babies who are convinced anyone with a KD over 1 is a hacker.

The BO3 beta felt like a step back for me, not a big fan of the slower play style (though I can understand why many prefer it).

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

The BO3 beta felt like a step back for me, not a big fan of the slower play style (though I can understand why many prefer it).

source you're quote's

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn't have a problem with AW being faster paced, I had a problem with its boring maps and bad gun balance.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

SilentW posted:

also are we in full shitposting mode yet

edit: its only like 30 days until release, I vote we start shitposting

SilentW posted:

AW was like a beershit followed by a spicy indian poo poo - you think it's just gonna be nasty but OK and then it goes nuclear and completely catches you by surprise and scorches your bhole for weeks

It would appear we have already reached peak shitpost :rimshot:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I don't feel it's truly a CoD thread until a PC person who has never posted in a previous thread asks about specs and then when we tell them it's the console thread we get called a bunch of scrubby faggots before they gently caress off to never be seen/post again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PC Call of Duty is better than any console poo poo. Console however has least maybe three good goons to play with.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

PC Call of Duty is better than any console poo poo. Console however has least maybe three good goons to play with.

Toast, Javes, and Wazz?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Mister Macys posted:

Toast, Javes, and Wazz?

Kill yourself

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I live in Canada. A refusal of health care by Harper's Bureau of Death Panels is inevitable, really...

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Look you're a cool guy but I wouldn't say you're three peoples worth of cool.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

BrokenKnees posted:

Kill yourself

LOOK IM BUYING BLACK OPS 3 ISNT THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Wazzit posted:

LOOK IM BUYING BLACK OPS 3 ISNT THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

Man up and get the season pass and some cases of Dew*.

*Dew only good for Zombies double XP which is double retarded. Though apparently the new flavor of Game Fuel is Berry-Lime so that might actually be decent on it's own.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

BrokenKnees posted:

Though apparently the new flavor of Game Fuel is Berry-Lime so that might actually be decent on it's own.

stockholm syndrome truly setting in

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

More like abused spouse syndrome; I mean, it started off so well... now CoD hits me all the time. I sure he'll change though, it's not like he means it. :ohdear:

CoD said Activision just needs a little money, for this pre-order. And maybe a little extra, for some map packs... and weapon camos. It's not a problem he said, he can quit at any time. This is the last one; he promised.

It's not what it sounds like, I swear; CoD is a good game... a good... game.

*uncontrollable sobbing*

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 6, 2015

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

does "battered wife syndrome" need to be gender neutral now

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I don't know if I'd call CoD a good game so much as it's a "reasonable" game. Like choosing an 80's action movie instead of some art house classic award winner. A good way to kill time.

My Stockholm game is Magic, don't have the money or time but I keep playing that poo poo. Holding on to cards that are too good to sell, but they're only used in decks that I can't afford anyways so they just sit in a box waiting for me to have a few grand to drop on the rest of the cards I'd need to actually play with them.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 6, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

does "battered wife syndrome" need to be gender neutral now

It's more that not everyone is married, really. #CommonLawLyfe

And "Battered significant other syndrome" just sounds stupid.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Mister Macys posted:

It's more that not everyone is married, really. #CommonLawLyfe

And "Battered significant other syndrome" just sounds stupid.

"Smacked Spouse Syndrome" at least has some alliteration.

Call me Dr. Seuss.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Do any of the PS4 goons want to give MGO a try? I played some last night and it would be 1000 times better with you weirdos than pubbie weirdos. Give us something to shoot until blops drops.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yes please. Tonight after work. Let's do this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Duke Chin posted:

Yes please. Tonight after work. Let's do this.
What's your PSN? I don't think I have you on my list.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Do any of the PS4 goons want to give MGO a try? I played some last night and it would be 1000 times better with you weirdos than pubbie weirdos. Give us something to shoot until blops drops.

I'd like to get in on this action as well. PSN - SpheresOfBadness

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I just bought MGS5 like an hour ago. I don't know if I"ll be in the multiplayer right away, but I know I'll be playing it a lot very soon. It may delay me getting Blops3 but whatever. Blops will always be there.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Inside Out Mom posted:

I just bought MGS5 like an hour ago. I don't know if I"ll be in the multiplayer right away, but I know I'll be playing it a lot very soon. It may delay me getting Blops3 but whatever. Blops will always be there.
This is an incorrect opinion, spergy weirdos will always be playing MGO but the population (at least goon-wise) on CoD will drop precipitously after 2 months :v:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

This is an incorrect opinion, spergy weirdos will always be playing MGO but the population (at least goon-wise) on CoD will drop precipitously after 2 months :v:

1 month if they're on ps4.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'll try out some MGO this weekend.

PSN:BostonZombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I've got you Boston. I'll add Metal and Duke if he ever posts his PSN :argh:

• Locked thread