Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following in the rear end-cold month of January: (1) Caribbean Pirate Ship (Revell, 1:72) and (1) Cairn Wraith (GW, 28mm). The boat is only partly assembled and still on sprues; the wraith is zenithal primed.

The link to the original pic is here in case the thumbnail is too small to read.
(I might jump in on the retro challenge, if I can find one of my old minis that isn't broken. :( )

And a Speed Paint complete! Complete with fresh snow, because loving winter.

Here's a better picture of what the painted piece looks like:

Link to the current state of the album is here. And I'm off to finish building that boat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I oath Makeda and her 2 Exalted Court Buddies, Naaresh, an Aradus Sentinel, and a Cyclops Raider, all Skorne, all PP.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, oath the Scourge half of a Dropzone Commander 2-player starter (3 Marauders, 3 Hunters, 3 Reapers, 3 Invaders, 6 Infantry Bases) (Hawk Wargames, 10mm) for the month of January.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh we're doing retro...and cold?

I, moths, oath three classic GW Cold One riders and a Dark Elf Sorceress. All are 28mm.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, pledge for the month of January 2016 a Grenadier Phantom Stalker, a Reaper Miniatures Haunt, Malifaux Hamelin, and some sort of ghost butler from lord only knows where, but look at that little bowtie, man.

Gonna go for white on the various ghosts, which are also my retro stylin'.

Oath Complete

Old school minis are the Phantom Stalker and the Ghost Butler, with white on the ghost and the Haunt's robes.

Also doing the box art challenge.

Original box art for Hamelin.

A closer look at my paint job.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing 5 Hadross Carcharians from Wrath of Kings. CMON, 28mm

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

JackMann posted:

Oath Complete

Old school minis are the Phantom Stalker and the Ghost Butler, with white on the ghost and the Haunt's robes.

Also doing the box art challenge.

Original box art for Hamelin.

A closer look at my paint job.

I learned that Ghost Butler is in fact a Citadel Aerial Servant from around 1982/83.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete! Claiming the white bonus.

Yeah, the fuzz that is on the base is now removed.

Only one model because I've mostly been working on these guys:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Reaper Marsh Troll

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

grassy gnoll posted:

Well, this turned out weird.

I'm going to claim this month's theme challenge, because Nisses are wrapped up in long coats with nice fur collars.

Before.

After

It doesn't look nearly as cool and impressionistic in reality as it does in the full-size shots. :sigh:

I completed this guy in less than a day. Can I claim Speed Painting, or is that one really strict about the accepted deadline thing?

E: Probably help if I had the completed timestamp image in there too.

E2: Wait, why is my timestamp going backwards? Did I gently caress something up with the time website?

E3: Okay, clearly I did something wrong, since the UTC clock is at the same point on both images, which doesn't match the time in SST in either shot. Scratch speed painting, how do I fix this?
I have no idea what happened here, but hopefully you do!

LordAba posted:

I, Lord Aba, oath the female Rhapsodist from On the Lamb games (for Endless Fantasy Tactics, 28mm scale I think).

Ugleb posted:

I, Ugleb for the month of January do oath two Apollo Walkers for Dropzone Commander, 10mm scale by Hawk Wargames.

grassy gnoll posted:

Alright, one more try. I am adding to my oath these three Nomad Alguaciles, from Corvus Belli, and this ancient-rear end Space Marine from my original, decades-old GW painting kit, both 28mm scale.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath two kitbashed Dark Elf Shades and one Catachan trooper with a flamer. Everything is 28mm GW.

I went through my boxes to find the oldest unpainted model that I could potentially use in a game. Turns out it is this beefcake Catachan from 1994.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2016:
1 Dwarf from Hasslefree
1 Ancestral Guardian from Titan Forge
1 Familiar from Citadel Miniatures

Weirdo posted:

:getin: I Weirdo oaf 8 goblin and orc figures from Dungeon Saga from Mantic, 28mm.

LazyAngel posted:

Because I finally found a 'retro' model (does 20-odd years old count?)...

I, LazyAngel oath one NSL Heavy Cruiser from Full Thrust by Ground Zero Games

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 9 zombies and one hero character in the month of January (all from Zombicide Black Plague by CMON, 28mm)

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: Privateer Press' Sacral Vault, Epic Saeryn & Rhyas, and a blight wasp.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following in the rear end-cold month of January: (1) Caribbean Pirate Ship (Revell, 1:72) and (1) Cairn Wraith (GW, 28mm). The boat is only partly assembled and still on sprues; the wraith is zenithal primed.

Bavius posted:

I Bavius do oath 20 Skitarri Vanguard (Games Workshop 28mm) for January 2016

counterspin posted:

I oath Makeda and her 2 Exalted Court Buddies, Naaresh, an Aradus Sentinel, and a Cyclops Raider, all Skorne, all PP.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, oath the Scourge half of a Dropzone Commander 2-player starter (3 Marauders, 3 Hunters, 3 Reapers, 3 Invaders, 6 Infantry Bases) (Hawk Wargames, 10mm) for the month of January.

moths posted:

Oh we're doing retro...and cold?

I, moths, oath three classic GW Cold One riders and a Dark Elf Sorceress. All are 28mm.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 5 Hadross Carcharians from Wrath of Kings. CMON, 28mm

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Reaper Marsh Troll

Oaths Accepted!

I shall be endeavoring to catch up with the thread about once a week. The Judges have the September photo album in hand, I'm guessing no one's Oaths are missing from the October photo album. I'll also be getting the prize draws up to date with Lovestick, and we may be having some extra help to keep things rolling along!

Ugleb posted:

Krushgroove sorry but I think my September oath (and addition) is missing from the album. That or my eyes are failing.

added, and sent to the Judges!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, do Oath one Seishin. This is a Ressurectionist model from Wyrd's Malifaux.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Going for speed paint on this little guy. He's in my original oath, I'll quote them all in a post when I claim everything complete for the month.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nesbit37 posted:

Going for speed paint on this little guy. He's in my original oath, I'll quote them all in a post when I claim everything complete for the month.

He looks both droopy and bummed out, but still has a goofy smile on his face. Maybe he finally got the courage to ask the girl he likes to the prom, but she let him down gently and promised a dance with him.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Speed paint done!

Also, oath addition, 3, 10mm, phr Neptune drop ships by hawk wargames for dropzone commander.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: Judgment Day! :siren:
(September)

Third Place, 1 Point: Ledgem

Great work on these guys. The eyeball axe is especially noteworthy. Good color choice for highlights.

Second Place, 2 Points: Gareth Gobulcoque

Excellent painting as usual. The lightsaber OSL is well done.

First Place, 3 Points: LazyAngel

The quality of painting on these tiny models is impressive. Good color choice and excellent definition.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Dr. Gargunza

Orks work surprisingly well as Teletubbies.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath addition.

Ultramarine Chaplain, unsure if this counts as retro.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Red Shoe posted:

:siren: Judgment Day! :siren:
(September)

Third Place, 1 Point: Ledgem
Second Place, 2 Points: Gareth Gobulcoque
First Place, 3 Points: LazyAngel
Jurnal, 1 Point: Dr. Gargunza

Wait.... we have judges? :v:

Congrats guys!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Tokimon posted:

I, Tokimon oath these six 28mm Zombies from Mantics Dungeon Saga
Missed this one!

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, do Oath one Seishin. This is a Ressurectionist model from Wyrd's Malifaux.

nesbit37 posted:

Do you know the manufacturer? Assuming this is 28mm

nesbit37 posted:

Also, oath addition, 3, 10mm, phr Neptune drop ships by hawk wargames for dropzone commander.

Uroboros posted:

Oath addition.

Ultramarine Chaplain, unsure if this counts as retro.

Oaths Accepted!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

krushgroove posted:

Do you know the manufacturer? Assuming this is 28mm

Yup, it's 28mm, from the Grenadier Gold Box line, 1980.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 20, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
1 old style Bloodletter.
From Games Workshop.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

LordAba posted:

He looks both droopy and bummed out, but still has a goofy smile on his face. Maybe he finally got the courage to ask the girl he likes to the prom, but she let him down gently and promised a dance with him.

He always was my favorite version of the beholder. Based on Tom Wham's interpretation of one from the 1977 Monster Manual. Here he is on a coffee mug!

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Oath complete!

First up, an army for DBA; I/38 Libyan Egyptians. This is a complete army, as it has no options. The camp was made earlier and not part of the oath. I included it because every army should have one.
This army is meant to cover the period 946-712 BC. Before this, a weakening Egypt had been using tribes of Libyans as mercenaries in exchange for settler rights. As Egypt broke up during the reign of Ramesses IX, many more Libyans moved into Egypt and eventually a chieftain called Shoshenq declared himself pharaoh of Northern Egypt. Three Libyan dynasties would follow. They fought the Kushites over control of Southern Egypt, but eventually lost all, and Libyan rule of Egypt ended.

And here's 5 stands of medieval knights, useful for a lot of western European medieval armies.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Ultramarine Chaplain

Oath Complete!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath addition of a Calith Reaver (CMON, 28mm):

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

My state's snowed in this weekend, so

OATH ADDITION! Fourteen Dark Elf Crossbowmen from Games Workshop's golden youth. In 28mm!

Germ
May 7, 2013

drat, but this month's been kicking my rear end. See this black blob? Believe me when I say it's a 30k Raven Guard Space Marine by Games Workshop. Believe me also when I OATH that I'm going to paint this small, pathetic offering this month as a test model for my 30k army.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath Complete! I am claiming the technical challenge jurnal for the white Neptures, LordAba's retro challenge for the 1980 beholder, and the speed paint challenge for the beholder.

Hey guys!

PHR Neptunes in flight with some walkers and treded vehicles attached. (note the yellow and brown neptunes were not part of the oath, I did them as a color test for the other PHR models I painted this month and just stuck them in the picture)

PHR walkers and other ground vehicles

Queen Beruthial and some of her cat spies. N Scale cats are super super super tiny.

A hoard of Black Numenorians!

Everyone for the month together.

nesbit37 posted:

I, nesbit37, pledge for the month of January 2016 100 black numenorians and queen beruthial (evil men 10mm by yann hoarau), 6 walkers and 4 ground vehicles for dropzone commander by hawk games 10mm, and for the new great month challenge by LordAba I am painting something old. A 25mm beholder by Grenadier from 1980. I don't know for 100% certainty, but I am pretty sure this is the first mini of a beholder available commercially.

nesbit37 posted:

nesbit37 posted:

Speed paint done!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

The Red Terror, from Games Workshop

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
As I've still got a good seven days or thereabouts, I'll be adding 6 PHR jetskimmers (2 Angelos, 4 Helios) from Dropzone Commander (10mm).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I'm linking the increase in Dropzone commander stuff, more and more people are discovering the good game.

In other news.

Oath complete

My first time painting translucent plastic, and it was interesting. I kept the colors uncomplicated, as I didn't want to make things to busy.

Also, taking a good photo of these guys was a pain in the arse!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

So, righty here was my first attempt at the retro challenge. It didn't photograph very well, so I tried a much simpler scheme for lefty. Then righty photographed much better the second time. Light, man, I dunno.

For the technical challenege. I had a very muted very white scheme in mind for this guy with hints of purple for the fur and blue for the scales. Didn't really go to plan, as the colors really took over even though they still have quite a bit of white mixed in. Still, turned out pretty well.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the theme challenge with the cultist and LordAba's Retro Challenge with the Bloodletter.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following model for January:

One Brotherhood Warrior, HHG miniatures

We're gonna find out how 90's we can get with this model.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
I, Lord Thrust, oath one slightly converted 28mm Beastman from GW for January.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

nesbit37 posted:

Hey guys!

I love it, makes me wonder what he's staring at.

Tokimon
Mar 29, 2007
Oath Complete!

I am really bad at taking photographs please forgive me.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Is there going to be a technical challenge for February or just the theme challenge of things leaping?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

While technically a sub-breed of marsh troll, as distinct from the Ice Trolls of the inland tundras and mountains, these creatures' coloration and other habits are specially adapted to life in the half-frozen marshes of the frigid north. -Elminster's Compendium of Bullshit

The challenge is... well, it was going to be the white, but I'm not that confident in how it ended up coming out as "white." Fortunately I also tried to capture the look of a wintry water dweller, so my base is covered either way. :shittydog:

edit: gonna update with the correct date on the first picture.
edit2: aaaand done! :toot:

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Double or nothing with my sad oath!

OATH ADDITION! One Raven Guard assault marine by GW, with a Maxmini jump pack. 28 mm.

• Locked thread