Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

B)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
A

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A, but I don't especially like it, Brown. You barely have us out of relegation at this point. The team was winless until mere weeks ago. Suffice to say, if you rest on your laurels after this negotiation and get the team into hot water, post-season funding negotiations will not be favorable to you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A, pay women in football their due :colbert:

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
B. You’re another bad run of play from relegation. Let’s talk about how your salary compares to other Serie B clubs once you prove you can keep us there.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
A but you gotta produce results for our investment.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
This is actually a really interesting discussion, because from a pure gameplay standpoint the best thing to do is pay your head coach nothing since you know you're not going to quit and that means the money can be put elsewhere. Probably into the board member's pockets, like, but :capitalism:. Having said that:

A, take what you want but remember that every penny in your pocket is not being added to the scouting budget you always whine to us about increases for.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
B not enough in the budget

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

punched my v-card at camp posted:

B. You’re another bad run of play from relegation. Let’s talk about how your salary compares to other Serie B clubs once you prove you can keep us there.

:agreed:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

FrangibleCover posted:

This is actually a really interesting discussion, because from a pure gameplay standpoint the best thing to do is pay your head coach nothing since you know you're not going to quit and that means the money can be put elsewhere. Probably into the board member's pockets, like, but :capitalism:. Having said that:

If I get turned down and a Serie A club comes calling, I might well leave. I'll also keep taking interviews in the future, and who knows if someone ends up throwing a ton of money at me. Crotone is offering me an 8m euro warchest and a payroll of 300,000 a week. I could just buy all of the players I wanted to keep from San Marino when I moved and still have like 6m to spare.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 19, 2019

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Obviously A)

Can't have the rest of the league thinking we're sexist for not paying out female coach an equal wage can we?

Like c'mon guys it's uhhh...(checks in-game date) 2020!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

habeasdorkus posted:

If I get turned down and a Serie A club comes calling, I might well leave. I'll also keep taking interviews in the future, and who knows if someone ends up throwing a ton of money at me. Crotone is offering me an 8m euro warchest and a payroll of 300,000 a week. I could just buy all of the players I wanted to keep from San Marino when I moved and still have like 6m to spare.

Is Crotone based in San Marino? I don't think so :colbert:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

A

We must turn the serene republic into a calcio powerhouse

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
B.

I'm calling your bluff. Keep us from relegation, and you'll have earned a higher salary.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
B I triple dog dare you to quit.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
A

Long term performance has been better than anyone in San Marino could have reasonably asked.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
A

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Allenatrice, we are very much aware of our precarious financial situation, as are you.

We believed you were the right fit to manage this club, and still do believe you are the right fit for it, in no small part because Luca had some kind of deal with a very shady character we know you burn with ambition to be something greater than other managers. Many managers before you have climbed the ladder from a tiny club to a small club to a medium club to a big club to a megabastard. Many managers will climb that same ladder after you are gone. You have in your hands the chance to do what no manager has never done before: personally shepherd a club of such humble status as the Titani all the way to the top of Italian football.

You took on this challenge knowing very well just how, shall we say, financially stressed this club is, even by Serie C standards much less Serie B. If you truly believe you have what it takes to take this club all the way to Serie A, then do so, and then, when we can actually afford it without risking immediate insolvency, we will give you the financial rewards you crave.

So unless you are willing to take your own additional salary out of the player and/or staff wage budget, I regret that (B) we cannot in good financial conscience acquiesce to your demand for increased salary at this moment. But once our place in Serie B for next season is secured, we will be happy to discuss a new, longer, and significantly bigger contract. You must appreciate that we will not soon be able to afford what even the midtable Serie B clubs pay their managers, but we will be willing to discuss a very large bonus and wage increase when you earn the club promotion to Serie A.

We hope to maintain a fruitful working relationship for many years to come.

Jesus the club scores like a goal every other week and is struggling to avoid relegation and this loving American struts in here like she owns the goddamn country

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 20, 2019

ThePenIsMightier
Dec 21, 2009
A

I can identify a good deal when I see one. Why didn't you ask before this? You walk in and demand a raise when I would have happily helped you fight the board for one when the team was promoted.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A, but we reserve the right to fine you two weeks wages every week if we drop out of Serie B.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
B

Foo out

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
A, because I think you're right to feel that you're being underpaid currently, but personally I think your attitude will incline me to be a little less generous when next we're discussing the budget. Part of the reason I support risking money on your plans is the belief that you are committed to its future. If you're so willing to threaten to leave, perhaps we would be better off being more restrained. :colbert:

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
A, because women deserve equal pay, yo. I do hope you remember where your real passion lies and where you'll be truly appreciated, and it's not going to be at some humdrum, bogstandard Serie B club that randomly knocked on your door. You know they knock on everyone's door and hope that someone bites, and if you don't perform immediately up to snuff, you're out as quickly as you came in. We've had our hiccups and differences, but in the end, can you really say San Marino is not your real home, your real passion project?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
A because who would be dumb enough not to pay Scott Brown

Note: if there is a way to make the pay raise contingent on avoiding relegation, take it. "We'll happily pay you what you're worth, Allenatrice... so long as you can demonstrate that you are, in fact, worth it. If the team gets relegated, so does your bonus check."

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Sorry anybody trying a powemove like showing up late for a meeting is a douchebag. (I know people like that and I want to hit them in the face)

B

You deserve the raise but you won’t get my vote unless you stop being a douche.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Affi posted:

Sorry anybody trying a powemove like showing up late for a meeting is a douchebag. (I know people like that and I want to hit them in the face)

B

You deserve the raise but you won’t get my vote unless you stop being a douche.

I would like to note that while my vote went the other way, this is a true and unassailable fact

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Note: if there is a way to make the pay raise contingent on avoiding relegation, take it. "We'll happily pay you what you're worth, Allenatrice... so long as you can demonstrate that you are, in fact, worth it. If the team gets relegated, so does your bonus check."

I fully Agree with this, but I also agree with several of the B-voters.
Allenatrice, I for one will vote to expand your personal budget. Just keep in mind that I, like many, will remember this... extortion. You're also already earning nearly triple of what I do in my day-job, dios mio. Why are sports so hilariously highly valued?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
B, because I'm a rascal.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The standard relegation paycut is 35%. I'm willing to raise that to 50% because we're not getting relegated on my watch.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 20, 2019

Dancer
May 23, 2011
My version of that would be: sure we'll pay you, but just this one time we're signing you until end-of-season. If we get relegated, we'll see how negotiations go for you.

(though I guess 50% pay-cut is also reasonable)

So, I guess, reluctantly, A.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

habeasdorkus posted:

The standard relegation paycut is 35%. I'm willing to raise that to 50% because we're not getting relegated on my watch.

Acceptable.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

B.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
A

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

A

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

100% acceptable.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

B, you've barely earned your place in Seria B. We will not be held hostage to your demands to build a wall be paid fairly for your position.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

B because there is literally no gameplay reason to get paid above the minimum other than to handicap yourself by taking money out the budget that could be used on wonderkids instead

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If it’ll stop you having to click through a dozen job offers every week then giving yourself a pay rise and a minor budget restriction seems like a perfectly fine idea A

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
A. But don't let it go to your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

:siren:Vote Over:siren:

: By a margin of 23-13 you schmucks smart cookies have agreed to accede to my contract demands. I, and the people of San Marino, thank you.

Grillfiend posted:

B because there is literally no gameplay reason to get paid above the minimum other than to handicap yourself by taking money out the budget that could be used on wonderkids instead

Actually, if you're getting paid more than your players they're more likely to respect you. Since I'm now earning like three times as much as our (non-Punzi) key players, they know the board is likely to stand behind me (and the 1.5m euros owed on my contract) than them if push comes to shove.