Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah guns in America beyond like, a hunting rifle, are really just for nutjobs, murderers, and murderers (cops).

I'd argue that having a shotgun for, like, trap and skeet shooting is fairly reasonable or one of those super weird target shooting .22s, but otherwise yeah kinda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

22s are fun to shoot, but so are pump action BB guns, and like recurve bows are pretty fun too. idk what the point of a mega gun is unless you really wanna kill ppl

I went to camp

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pibur posted:

I'd argue that having a shotgun for, like, trap and skeet shooting is fairly reasonable or one of those super weird target shooting .22s, but otherwise yeah kinda.

Yeah definitely, by "like a hunting rifle" I meant in purpose. Hunting and target shooting, etc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shooting a 12-gauge is pretty fun tbh. The first time I shot one I didn't hold it tight enough against my shoulder and ended up with the biggest bruise I've ever had in my life

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Shooting a 12-gauge is pretty fun tbh. The first time I shot one I didn't hold it tight enough against my shoulder and ended up with the biggest bruise I've ever had in my life

Same, my dad took me to shoot skeet when I was, like, 11 and I didn't seat it correctly. I, uh, didn't move that arm much for a couple days.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pibur posted:

10/22s etc are fun to shoot but they can barely even be considered firearms lol.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
how you guys gonna kill the landlords without guns?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Peanut President posted:

how you guys gonna kill the landlords without guns?

You can go to any sporting goods store and buy a machete straight off the rack.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You can go to any sporting goods store and buy a machete straight off the rack.

okay but what if my landlord isn't a hot teen at camp crystal lake

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/john_voorheis/status/1173233311491284992

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Peanut President posted:

Then get your mum to do it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Peanut President posted:

this is extremely disrespectful to Haiti

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pibur posted:

only bow hunting should be legal

if your a landlord and you take a bolt to the chest when walking into a tenants home unannounced...well that's on you

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Nastier Nate posted:

if your a landlord and you take a bolt to the chest when walking into a tenants home unannounced...well that's on you

Best part is my crossbow tripwire trap doesn't even require me to be home for that

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Spear hunting. Take that creature down by chasing it across the forest.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

My landlord gave us a $50 Amazon gift card to get us to sign our new lease. Oh and rent is going from $2,900 to $3,200 a month. :shepicide:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Vox Nihili posted:

My landlord gave us a $50 Amazon gift card to get us to sign our new lease. Oh and rent is going from $2,900 to $3,200 a month. :shepicide:

Are you renting a 6 bedroom house?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Or a studio in SF

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Are you renting a 6 bedroom house?

Bay Area. We're in a crumbling apartment complex.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

But seriously, what if Jason Vorhees stopping killing campers and started killing landlords? Could you even call it a horror movie then?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Well, what are you gonna get?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut President posted:

All I'm hearing from you is excuses.

SardonicTyrant posted:

But seriously, what if Jason Vorhees stopping killing campers and started killing landlords? Could you even call it a horror movie then?

The real horror is that somebody would try and stop him.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Le Landlord Sans Merci

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

grah posted:

Typically people barely affording rent are not super MAH PROPERTY, CASTLE DOCTRINE folks and also guns are loving expensive as poo poo. All that 2nd Amendment poo poo has nothing to do with arming poor folk (unless and except their armament serves the interest of the wealthy).

Nah guns are cheap unless you're going for something dumb. Got my g21 for 75$, its the ammo that's expensive.

I figure someone somewhere has to have tried to castle doctorine their landlord.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

Well, what are you gonna get?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/notcomradecora/status/1173432258738446340?s=20

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Azuth0667 posted:

Got my g21 for 75$
Not a Glock G21(?). I just searched and they're 450 USD used.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Here's my one neat trick to get my last security deposit back: after living in a tiny, old, but nicely cheap apartment for many years, as had all seven of my neighbors, my landlord decided to "retire." He sold it to a couple of yuppies who've been steadily buying up properties and renovicting people. Which, of course, they did to everyone in the building, several of whom were old and on fixed incomes. The rear end in a top hat husband even had the gall to apologize to me for kicking me out explaining regretfully that you can't renovate (read: repaint, stuff a washer/dryer into the pantry, and jack up the rent 3x) if somebody's already living in your tiny shotgun apartment, so, :(. The one thing I can say about them is that they paid me my full deposit back promptly, so I guess I only kind of wish I'd taken a poo poo in the oven.

Chairman Mao maybe did some things wrong, but not when it came to landlords.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pretty hosed up to have a 13 year old landlord

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i have a lovely roommate who didn't want to put my name on the lease because she didn't want me to worry about the bond (which i would be fine with paying my share -- in australia it's required)
and when i demanded that i at least get a written agreement and proof of my residency and finalization of my rent signed by her and my landlord, they gaslit me as a crazy until they relented and signed the agreement i drafted

guess it's silly for me to want legal protection because she "didn't have this issue with her other flatmates!" as if it's my fault they're suckers :shrug:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/16/holocaust-survivor-alameda-eviction-california

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tubgoat posted:

thats a murder gun

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

quote:

The landlords first tried to increase Rishins rent by nearly $700 (from $2,520 to $3,200) and then moved forward with a formal eviction.

Im not a greedy landlord, but I do want to make money when Im legally able to, she said at the time.

:thunk: lol they always say how they aren't greedy.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

"Greedy landlord" is a tautology.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
DEEPLY interested in what a $75 gun looks like, a cheap High Point is one to two hundred and change.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tubgoat posted:

DEEPLY interested in what a $75 gun looks like, a cheap High Point is one to two hundred and change.

freckle posted:

thats a murder gun

I mean, still better than nothing? As long as you have proof you bought it off craigslist or w/e.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Tubgoat posted:

Yes glock. Lol, don't pay that go to a gun show.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
My buddy owes me a cheap pistol, I'll collect if Bernie is successfully ratfucked out of the presidency a second time.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

This you'll need to remind me on a weekend for when I have more time to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
So are gun shows just filled with legally-available guns at one tenth of their MSRP?