Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

We need to re-instate the name-the-collective channel on Discord for the comedy, too many missed opportunities. [TEVE]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Kaysette posted:

this is the second most fun i've ever had on the toilet

Do tell :)

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

OniPanda posted:

Cause it was 1am on the east coast, people gotta sleep eventually. Apparently the audit timer on this one is ridiculous, I don't want to know how long it'd be if we added another deadspace onto the pile.

That was just 2/3rds of the total haul, I literally couldnt stuff any more in my ship. Lesson learned, have my alt scoop the wrecks in a covops imicus. :netease: All told last night for actual op "hours" and overflow: 3 Deadspaces, 5 Scouts, 4 inquisitors (might be 5), that were added to the payout tracker. There were a few more scouts and inquisitors that spawned nearby that we didn't get to.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Always how ratting is dry as a desert or a downpour.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

pixaal posted:

Always how ratting is dry as a desert or a downpour.

I had 2 level 3 inquisitor anomalies spawn within 15 minutes of each other yesterday (different systems) and they only had garbage* bps. :xcom:

*I sold everything for about 3m. So, relative garbage compared to better drops.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Looks like someone doesn't know how to use the three seashells.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Hello Sailor posted:

Looks like someone doesn't know how to use the three seashells.

Nor the reply button, but that's more adorable than anything.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Does number of ships in system help the spawn rate or something?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
if three fleets abandon their systems simultaneously at midnight you trigger Double Deadspace Jeopardy

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

esto es malo posted:

talking about furry dicks is the key to spawning deadspaces, confirmed

Does this mean I am the spawner of Deadspaces?! Seriously though I bounced back to taisy twice before running all the way back to help on those. Going to need to move everything over today so I don't need to jump 64 times again.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

corgski posted:

It's all the glory of 2007 eve but with the cultural moires of 2020 SA and I couldn't be happier.

As opposed to EO where literally right now the vast majority of people are making fun of someone who complained about an offensive perjorative

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.

Sub Rosa posted:

As opposed to EO where literally right now the vast majority of people are making fun of someone who complained about an offensive perjorative

I'm really enjoying the laid back-ness of toilet eve for that very reason. Not so serious business. No sov or caps to worry about. Just goons in comms making super spacebux.... for now.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Toilet eve is actually a surprisingly good game, its a game that you can play on your computer AND your toilet!

Also Goosefleet is very chill and laid back, A++.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

its a game that you can play on your computer AND your toilet!

You can also do this with any Switch game! That mostly happens because you can though not because you actually need to play an entire circuit from the toilet it's done after the first lap or 2 and your just sitting there rear end getting crusty while you shoot red shells.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

I got an email from Mitani but I don't have time or money to dedicate to desktop ship spinning. Is this a viable way to support the goonswarm?

Edit: also, does my old account work for this too?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Mambo No. 5 posted:

I got an email from Mitani but I don't have time or money to dedicate to desktop ship spinning. Is this a viable way to support the goonswarm?

This is mobile game eve and a no mittens zone, you’re looking for the 2L bottle eve thread.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Thanks for the quick reply!

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Mambo No. 5 posted:

This is a completely separate game, and completely unaffiliated with the Mittani Goonswarm. So... no to both, but it's still a lot of fun, and we kick lovely people instead of embracing them.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Mambo No. 5 posted:

If you want to support EVE-Goons™️ this is not the game for you.

If you want to fly free spaceships with chill folks and talk about dildos on coms this IS the game for you!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

MadMadi posted:

If you want to support EVE-Goons™️ this is not the game for you.

If you want to fly free spaceships with chill folks and talk about dildos on coms this IS the game for you!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

We honk for justice

Ponchy
Dec 11, 2007

King of Beans.

Kungfu Trader posted:

Doo doo tell :)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

I just caught up on that and :yikes:

My dream is still to one day encourage geese and our general principles (1. be awful. 2. don't say slurs you loving idiots) to make the jump to pissbucket eve, but that might be a pipe dream with how many goddamn supercaps are in the game now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

corgski posted:

My dream is still to one day encourage geese and our general principles (1. be awful. 2. don't say slurs you loving idiots) to make the jump to pissbucket eve, but that might be a pipe dream with how many goddamn supercaps are in the game now.

I've actually not had a problem with actual goonwaffe members (Goons from SA) doing the hard R or poo poo like that, it's the 28,000 hangers on that drive the alliance that do it. There's literally like 60 active Goonwaffe players. I applaud your efforts but yeah, not going to be able to convince all 28000 morons that dropping spicy gamer words is a bad thing, unfortunately.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 25, 2020

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

orange juche posted:

I've actually not had a problem with actual goonwaffe members (Goons from SA) doing the hard R or poo poo like that, it's the 28,000 hangers on that drive the alliance that do it. There's literally like 60 active Goonwaffe players. I applaud your efforts but yeah, not going to be able to convince all 28000 morons that dropping spicy gamer words is a bad thing, unfortunately.

sure you can. kick them from alliance. reset standings. assuming goons are still running their own goddamn alliance

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Radio Free Kobold posted:

sure you can. kick them from alliance. reset standings. assuming goons are still running their own goddamn alliance

My understanding is that it's all run by pubbies or people who went pubbie-brained and are prioritizing e-strength and e-honor over "not being a gross jackass".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Goonwaffe isn't the executor corp, it's DJ's Retirement Fund which is apparently run by pubbies. So in fact, goons do not run their own alliance.

Their only contribution at this point is mind share I guess.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 25, 2020

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

They aren’t. I thought about coming back recently after not playing since 2010 and poo poo is totally different there.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Yeah GSF or "imperium" or whatever the gently caress pubbie-brained name they have today is a lost cause, which is also my understanding as to why we're running gooseflock featheration instead of claiming the goon name here in toilet eve.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
I'm just here to HONK

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

vermeul posted:

I'm just here to HONK

:hmmyes:

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

corgski posted:

Yeah GSF or "imperium" or whatever the gently caress pubbie-brained name they have today is a lost cause, which is also my understanding as to why we're running gooseflock featheration instead of claiming the goon name here in toilet eve.

I thought we tried claiming it, only to discover the person organizing the effort was a grifter

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

I thought we tried claiming it, only to discover the person organizing the effort was a grifter

Since then there have been a bunch of announcements saying "we're geese not goons, we don't want their reputation" more or less so, it can be both.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

unsurprisingly, the dork who was pushing for it to be goonswarm in toilet eve was one of those goons without SA.

OG Goonswarm was Goons playing dumb space game with Goons, kinda like this. current evegoons is just barely a whiff of related to the original product.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

We did want it when it was nostalgic and we thought Goon culture would be in sync with the forums. After finding it it's not and plenty of people expecting goons to be eo goons...

we didn't want that branding anyways.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

corgski posted:

The nice thing about toilet eve is that it's a brand new start for both eve and for goons. I haven't logged into EO for maybe 6 years or so and I have no plans to log in again. When toilet eve first came out I had some thoughts of maybe trying EO again too, but the number of "EO Goons" who have tried to join the featheration without an SA account has shown me that "EO Goons" are really just a bunch of pubbie dumbos.

I get that they want their ~~Space Empire~~ but being a rotting carcass of pubbies with some goons sprinkled on top for flavor isn't for me.

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.

pixaal posted:

You can also do this with any Switch game! That mostly happens because you can though not because you actually need to play an entire circuit from the toilet it's done after the first lap or 2 and your just sitting there rear end getting crusty while you shoot red shells.

You just made me realoze that I really want to get an eve echoes port to my switch. That would be fantastic. Get on it netease. They already ported warframe for the switch.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'd hop ships if the Featheration decided to move operations over to EO. It could honestly work as a wh thera corp or something. Living in thera is a ton of fun, everyday pop out in a new section of Eve to gank or find fights.

But I doubt we'd be as active. The main draw seems to be how casual and easy EE is to play compared to EO. Can hop on for short burst and do stuff. Also :destiny:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Keegers posted:

I'd hop ships if the Featheration decided to move operations over to EO. It could honestly work as a wh thera corp or something. Living in thera is a ton of fun, everyday pop out in a new section of Eve to gank or find fights.

But I doubt we'd be as active. The main draw seems to be how casual and easy EE is to play compared to EO. Can hop on for short burst and do stuff. Also :destiny:

:destiny: and the fact that there's not decades of inbuilt castlebuilding cooked in makes the game infinitely more accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Do you need to be smart for this game? I played politics and war because it is not for smart people. I just want to make serious people cry?