Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Hateworkboy posted:

Saying it feels feature complete is a huge seller for me, so I’ll probably grab it since it’s on sale. I wasn’t even aware of the DLC lol.

Yeah the DLC feels mostly cosmetic to me, you get some new materials/furniture to work with. Although tales of wudang does add some new gear types and an additional law, it does lower the bar for pre-GC sunpills. But really you could create your own content or make your own version of whatever is see in the DLC with the realm creator thing.

The panda forest is alright for the pets, panda yaogaui, while I can't say much about fishing as its another thing I've not really bothered to get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

It’s an amazing journey for me to go from “wtf am I doing” to “we now have many Immortal Gods that can punch heaven and make it go away”.

From being scared shitless by a Golden Core beast that can wipe us if we pissed it off, to murdering its map-size ancestrial legendary entity solo with a random peasant we raised to prove anyone can become OP with time and resources.

Even when you get to the second step, you can still have a whole-rear end new feature to learn that you've never touched, it really has layers.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
Coming back to this game after a year… I’ve forgotten everything.

My main issue now is: why does my breakthrough percentage estimate always show as Unknown? Playing on immortal, if that matters.

Is this a mod issue or did I forget to build something (I have an observatory)?

It’s annoying because I don’t even know when I’m going to breakthrough to golden core because the golden core level estimate doesn’t come up, it’s just unknown.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alamoduh posted:

Coming back to this game after a year… I’ve forgotten everything.

My main issue now is: why does my breakthrough percentage estimate always show as Unknown? Playing on immortal, if that matters.

Is this a mod issue or did I forget to build something (I have an observatory)?

It’s annoying because I don’t even know when I’m going to breakthrough to golden core because the golden core level estimate doesn’t come up, it’s just unknown.

That's a feature of Immortal mode, not a bug or a mod issue.

When you play on immortal, your breakthrough chance and expected golden core grade are always displayed as "Unknown".

Similarly, when you check a room's fengshui score in an Immortal game, you will only see the final fengshui grade (e.g. very ominous, auspicious, etc) and not the factors / reaons for the grade.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Catpetter1981 posted:

That's a feature of Immortal mode, not a bug or a mod issue.

When you play on immortal, your breakthrough chance and expected golden core grade are always displayed as "Unknown".

Similarly, when you check a room's fengshui score in an Immortal game, you will only see the final fengshui grade (e.g. very ominous, auspicious, etc) and not the factors / reaons for the grade.

Immortal is fine, the Ironman aspect is fine, the feng shui aspect is fine, but not being able to see breakthrough percentages makes it unplayable for me. I just want to have achievements as a measure of progress after spending so many hours on it!

I guess I’ll look for a mod that adds percentages back in to immortal mode. Having my first GC be grade 7 because I didn’t even realize that it was the Gold Core breakthrough is not fun!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The first GC is always going to be poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Well not always, but I prefer a poo poo first GCs since you can get that quick, which lets you do other things faster and boost people quicker.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The first GC probably has terrible law compatibility too, unless you spent points during embark on picking a matching law. I always just load them up with spells until I get a proper GC and then break the core.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Alamoduh posted:

Immortal is fine, the Ironman aspect is fine, the feng shui aspect is fine, but not being able to see breakthrough percentages makes it unplayable for me. I just want to have achievements as a measure of progress after spending so many hours on it!

I guess I’ll look for a mod that adds percentages back in to immortal mode. Having my first GC be grade 7 because I didn’t even realize that it was the Gold Core breakthrough is not fun!

20 hours later and all the worries here will be but grains of sand in the wind. There is the GC assist mod out there which lets you pop up a separate window that goes more indepth into GC quality/factors.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Tale of Immortal got an English language patch about a month ago and while it's pretty different gameplay wise (you control a single cultivator wandering the world rather than manage a sect) I figure some people here might enjoy it. it's a little bit CYOA, a little bit ARPG, lots of grinding, collecting treasure, and starting blood feuds with dudes who can make your bones and organs explode

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have had it for a few days, and it is amazing.

The translation is better than cultivation simulator as well except some weird times they put a gender or pronoun in parenthesis which is not constant and only for women.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Picked it up as well, it's fun so far, a lot of the same ideas but it doesn't feel quite as impenetrable so far.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Something to know about the new DLC law is that your attainment tribs have half an effect on your Yin/Yang.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEKVww4s03132pcRk3YiLiGdRHVkgtnOe
Found a channel that may help people looking to loot various sects. No annoying VO or faces either.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

re-started to play this thing and ooh boy am I consumed with information

blasting a cup of coffee in the tail-end of my vyvanse to really get going

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Started playing a few days ago, currently looking around with satisfaction at my bedroom with a metal bedframe and posting station, and all the other furniture being wood. Door even faces south(ish).

Anyway, I tried a couple mods which somehow activated an "Example mod v1.00". I tried deleting all the mods, but the example mod still pops up as active in the start screen. There is no option to disable it.

I have no idea what it is supposed to do because it wasn't translated from Chinese. As far as I can tell it does this:

It adds this window every time I open a map screen. None of the buttons do anything.

And it adds this lion with a cartoon face to the build menu.

This is all mildly irritating, so I was surprised when googling "amazing cultivation simulator example mod" didn't turn up anything. Am I the only one seeing this? Have I gotten the world's most specific computer virus? Is there a way to make it go away?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I believe the example mod is...the example mod thats demonstrates how to make mods with. Guess it could be built into the game eh?

Open up your mod manage and try toggling it off.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think that "mod" is something you shouldn't mess with at all because of how the game works. The game still has rough edges.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 16, 2021

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I recall it's noted somewhere to not activate the example mod that show modder how various things works on the game.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

YES bread posted:

Tale of Immortal got an English language patch about a month ago and while it's pretty different gameplay wise (you control a single cultivator wandering the world rather than manage a sect) I figure some people here might enjoy it. it's a little bit CYOA, a little bit ARPG, lots of grinding, collecting treasure, and starting blood feuds with dudes who can make your bones and organs explode

Nice. Picking it up now. Is there a wiki or reccomended quickstart guide or anything

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
On the main menu next to the mod button there's a smaller button with a gear icon. That should be what you click to turn mods on or off.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sokani posted:

On the main menu next to the mod button there's a smaller button with a gear icon. That should be what you click to turn mods on or off.

Ahh that did it. The 'mod store' page didn't even show example mod as existing so I thought I was going crazy. Thanks!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

so I lost my save for some unknown reason, haha

starting again, since the guides I've seen are all over the place in terms of updates, what should I go for in terms of stats for my starting guys? The main, the cultivator, how much in qi sense should I try to get there? Overall, should I try to have at least 5 points in the general stats for everybody (except potential I suppose)?

I had some effectiveness starting with a cultivator/craftsman/farmer team, but the farmer couldn't do much else. How soon after I get an inner disciple I can recruit somebody?

thanks in advance :)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Do you want to power game your first guys or do the multiple generations method of getting there?

Because either one works.

Also, a good farmer is nice, but everyone farming is better. Later on you may make people focus on one job, but you are gonna need a lot more people before that becomes important.

When you get an inner, you can recruit more by going to a town and recruiting or stealing people. Or you wait for someone to come by.

You are limited on how many people you can recruit based on your sects rank. It gets up to 36 people at rank 3.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

dead gay comedy forums posted:

so I lost my save for some unknown reason, haha

starting again, since the guides I've seen are all over the place in terms of updates, what should I go for in terms of stats for my starting guys? The main, the cultivator, how much in qi sense should I try to get there? Overall, should I try to have at least 5 points in the general stats for everybody (except potential I suppose)?

I had some effectiveness starting with a cultivator/craftsman/farmer team, but the farmer couldn't do much else. How soon after I get an inner disciple I can recruit somebody?

thanks in advance :)

Don't worry too much about your starter guys, high qi sense is good anything +10 should be fine. The general goal is to ensure they can achieve 150k+ in PS state to cast the miracles to buff outer disciple stats.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

six elements literally unplayable ahistoric garbage

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Nice. Picking it up now. Is there a wiki or reccomended quickstart guide or anything

I went in mostly blind because the wiki is pretty bad, steam guides or their discord might be your best bet. this youtube guy has also done a lot of in-depth videos of an earlier build

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I have been messing around with it and the number one tip I can give is to start with 20 alchemy. Almost anything else you can raise once you join a sect but Alchemy? gently caress that, also if you do not have 20 Alchemy? You cannot use a furnace and so welcome to not being able to break through above basic quality even if you have found all of the insane treasures or whatever for a maximum quality foundation. Oops.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
You can raise alchemy by killing the qi-deviated alchemists you get notifications about and stealing their homework, they drop a skill book that gives +5 to alchemy. You don't need alchemy at all for the first realm breakthrough and it should be easy to get it to 20 by the second even starting at 0.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I uh

so, what do I do with this one?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Steal heaven.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a list somewhere of what ends there are and how they work? I'd like to reach the ending cinematic at least once under my own power, but I also know that if you do the insane sequence of clues and mysteries you get something different?

Also what's the gimmick behind using the Clone Pill to steal from auctions? I had a disciple, popped one, and overbid on everything, but they were still locked up at the end of the auction.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 19, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Multiple ending requirements to the game. Spoilered just in case.

Never bothered with the pill, but I guess you didn't send the clone itself to the auction. All it does is troll the poors.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 22, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://twitter.com/cultivationsim/status/1453923918914359300
Happy Hallowen!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://twitter.com/cultivationsim/status/1456985470785802250

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The sequel is confirmed to be a single player RPG.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I feel like the guides I'm looking at for this game have a missing step. I have some people with bedrooms, crafting areas, plenty of food, weapons, etc. We've crafted about one of everything. The OP helper guy hosed off and my people are training but still can't handle all the roaming animals on my map. However, now everyone is getting pretty sad and complaining about how boring and dirty everything is. Unfortunately the only decorative thing I can build is a couple of lamps. All the guides seem to go from "getting basic started" to "here's all this complicated poo poo about feng shui" like I can't build anything to even start figuring out feng shui. There doesn't seem to be a research table or anything. What do I do?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you need to promote one of your Outer Disciples into an Inner Disciple. They need to have maxed out their Foundation first, which is gained by training. Preferably you want to choose whoever's stats match the best with the Law you started with.

here comes my poop
Nov 11, 2021

FuzzySlippers posted:

I feel like the guides I'm looking at for this game have a missing step. I have some people with bedrooms, crafting areas, plenty of food, weapons, etc. We've crafted about one of everything. The OP helper guy hosed off and my people are training but still can't handle all the roaming animals on my map. However, now everyone is getting pretty sad and complaining about how boring and dirty everything is. Unfortunately the only decorative thing I can build is a couple of lamps. All the guides seem to go from "getting basic started" to "here's all this complicated poo poo about feng shui" like I can't build anything to even start figuring out feng shui. There doesn't seem to be a research table or anything. What do I do?

build one of each workshop and leisure item and you'll unlock some more stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Once you have an inner disciple you can send him to the nearby village to talk to everyone by playing the horrible chat minigame. First talk to whatever magic guys happen to be hanging out, there should be one or two, ask them their favorite and hated things. Next ask everyone else in town if they know that guy, if they ask "do you know anything about him" you can tell them the favorite and hated things which should be enough to get their friendship meter up to 60. At that point you go into the ACT conversation option and INVITE them to visit you.

When they come to visit you you can try to persuade them to join, but you don't have to. If you don't talk to them they will just clean floors for 3 days and then go home. Whenever the place gets dirty because your outers are all too busy to clean, you can just go recruit some cleaners. #lifehack