Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m so tired

I think I’ve said this before but I don’t care and won’t look to see if I said this. First, steak watching cheese is a scum move. It doesn’t get town anything except dissuading scum from killing an sk, while it allows for scum to watch for power roles.

Second, Steak has successfully manufactured a playstyle that makes people ignore him. I just got out of a game with him where he was an sk, and by all objective measures, clearly anti town, but people ignored that because it’s Steak. Here, he hasn’t gone after scum, he hasn’t played like a town watcher (really, Toal three times in a row?), and he has been fading into the background.

I could see Jam and I think I would be pushing for him if I wasn’t a rolecop, but I just don’t see a vanilla scum with all these town roles.

I am not voting right now because I don’t know how lylos work because I’m dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Your Personal Muse (1): Mr. Steak

Not Voting (4): Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Sandwolf, Your Personal Muse

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 28 minutes.

It isn't over yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good lord ok ##vote jammy I guess? Still waffling between him and steak.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jammy, do you feel better about being lunched if we do YPM next?

YPM, do you feel better about being lunched if we do Jammy next?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If we vote the scummiest pronunciation of Xiw it's definitely steak, how can you ignore this sandwolf?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

If we vote the scummiest pronunciation of Xiw it's definitely steak, how can you ignore this sandwolf?

Hmm, I will have to take this under review.

##vote Jamuraan

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
This is not good!! One or both of these players voting me is scum. I don’t think town would be so happy to vote, especially because I AM TOWN.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

No because I want Steak lunched? I also don’t like this question generally.

Why are you so hesitant on Steak?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

This is not good!! One or both of these players voting me is scum. I don’t think town would be so happy to vote, especially because I AM TOWN.

Who do you want to vote again?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Jamuraan (2): Hal Incandenza, Sandwolf
Your Personal Muse (1): Mr. Steak

Not Voting (2): Jamuraan, Your Personal Muse

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 25 minutes.

It isn't over yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Votefinder is the most prolific poster we have

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Your Personal Muse posted:

why are you so sure on steak?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

why are you so sure on steak?

First of all, I asked you a question so don’t ignore it.

I wouldn’t call myself “so sure,” but to add to everything I have already said, it’s partly elimination. I know Hal is a compulsive visitor, which makes me believe your claim because it makes sense to counter the tracker (and the back up) with compulsive visitors.

Between Jam and Steak, I have an easier time believing a scum watcher than a vanilla goon in this setup, partly because Steak has acted exactly like a scum watcher would.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who do you want to vote again?

YPM has been my vote choice for 2 days. I'm also thinking you are scum because you are playing very cagey, very disingenuous and youre hounding me with no case other than my poor voting.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Sandwolf is the only person I'm leaning town on. I think YPM is most likely scum, then Steak, then Hal. But Hal's actions and language is VERY antagonistic and has been pinging me very very strongly. But my gut has been wrong this game, so maybe it really is just Hal trying to play the game and root out scum.

But Hal, I don't know how to stress this any further, I am not the scum.

I am vanilla town, I can claim my flavor if it helps (Although I guess scum would receive flavor claims so that is why I havent!)

I may not be prolific at posting, and I may be bad at finding scum, but the one thing I must do as town is ensure we don't mislunch this late in the game.

My emotional appeal is the only strategy I have because I have no night actions to corroborate any whereabouts, and my voting record has been admittedly spotty.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Good lord ok ##vote jammy I guess? Still waffling between him and steak.

THIS IS REALLY BAD AT 5 LEFT. I'm assuming we have only 1 scum left, but could this be LYLO? I'm assuming no, or I would have been hammered already (assuming both the votes on me aren't both scum)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I do not feel good about being voted out at all because it's so close to the end of the game and I know I am not scum. I would have preferred to be lunched earlier, D3 or D4, when we could afford to vote town. But now I believe we cannot take that chance.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I dont like this line either, although I guess you get a point in your favor for not hammering me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now i think hal is the scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote hal

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hes encouraging chain lunches and posting comfortably because nobody is really suspecting him, even tho he has no reason to feel confirmed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

hes encouraging chain lunches and posting comfortably because nobody is really suspecting him, even tho he has no reason to feel confirmed

That's a pretty big stretch to say a chain lunch when I say I think these two of five are the most likely scum

Plus ONE scum point steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
though i will also say, i really REALLY don't want my unacceptably passive play this game to ruin lylo for the rest of you. so if you want to vote me out today instead (so i'll be out of the picture for lylo) i would be 100% behind that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

THIS IS REALLY BAD AT 5 LEFT. I'm assuming we have only 1 scum left, but could this be LYLO? I'm assuming no, or I would have been hammered already (assuming both the votes on me aren't both scum)

Steak had already voted YPM long before I voted you so other than it being you what's bad about it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jammy why aren't you voting for YPM or voting at all for that matter

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Hal Incandenza (1): Mr. Steak
Your Personal Muse (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 33 minutes.

It isn't over yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 6

Hal Incandenza (1): Mr. Steak
Your Personal Muse (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 33 minutes.

It isn't over yet.

Votefinder, you're here, make a case on someone

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah its weird that nobody is around. if it comes down to it i'll hammer jam

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hal whanna hit me with your visit targets?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

hal whanna hit me with your visit targets?

You, cheese, you you you

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m in and out

Sand, do you have a reason that you aren’t talking about Steak?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

You, cheese, you you you

omg I'm in love

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m in and out

Sand, do you have a reason that you aren’t talking about Steak?

honestly I just don't think he's scum so I don't want to give it attention when I think the last scum is between you and jammy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

omg I'm in love

hey sandy, remember when the mod said you 2 could become masons if you targeted each other 3 times consecutively?

did you target hal on the last 3 nights?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

hey sandy, remember when the mod said you 2 could become masons if you targeted each other 3 times consecutively?

did you target hal on the last 3 nights?

omg I can't believe I forgot I claimed that, it was a joke

honest to god I thought about fakeclaiming some outlandish boon, again, today with the same conditions because I have been visiting Hal every night and I keep joking to boogie about him changing my role if Hal and I visit eachother enough times

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

omg I can't believe I forgot I claimed that, it was a joke

honest to god I thought about fakeclaiming some outlandish boon, again, today with the same conditions because I have been visiting Hal every night and I keep joking to boogie about him changing my role if Hal and I visit eachother enough times

oh my god lol i thought that was real

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

oh my god lol i thought that was real

i'd give anything, boogie, please

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
though it might still be a valid clue. because hal may have believed it. and im wondering why he had a change of heart on n2 compared to every other night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

though it might still be a valid clue. because hal may have believed it. and im wondering why he had a change of heart on n2 compared to every other night.

I think he began to follow his heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

I did not believe it!

I don't know why I visited cheese N2 now, just wanted to mix it up, but then sandwolf was mad at me and xopods said I should visit the same person every night and I trust him so I went back to sandwolf every night