Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

CCKeane posted:

If it's Hal, what happened N5?

i couldn't possibly say

our only indication of what hal was doing comes from sandwolf talking to FoS from beyond the grave

if opop resolves "the jailtarget has a shot of juggernaut" as "action failed" then hal, if he's "scum-aligned bodyguard", could have been guarding you while ham killed

if opop does not resolve jail+jugg that way then we have no way of knowing why my action failed, and the only other possible reason i can think of is a RBer (we'd have seen one by now???) or a redirector (we'd have seen one by now!!!)

i was really hoping it was just wolo once he gave up yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wait scum-aligned bodyguard doesnt make sense because we haven't had any town nightkilling roles have we? i dont think we have. there'd be no point to a scum BG protecting the triplets

maybe scum-aligned backup makes sense but thats a deeply weird setup choice if so (and i'm still annoyed if he rolecops as "bodyguard" when his actual role is "backup")

so then it has to be sandwolf or you, keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Zoya posted:

i couldn't possibly say

our only indication of what hal was doing comes from sandwolf talking to FoS from beyond the grave

if opop resolves "the jailtarget has a shot of juggernaut" as "action failed" then hal, if he's "scum-aligned bodyguard", could have been guarding you while ham killed

if opop does not resolve jail+jugg that way then we have no way of knowing why my action failed, and the only other possible reason i can think of is a RBer (we'd have seen one by now???) or a redirector (we'd have seen one by now!!!)

i was really hoping it was just wolo once he gave up yesterday

Do you feel you would no longer protect a target if that target used a juggernaut kill? What if Hal came waltzing in and murdered beet? Would you have protected beet?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

the entire scum team were masons, so a scum masonizer doesn't not make sense

a 3P death masonizer makes basically zero sense, though

keane as a bounty hunter makes sense, but i feel like you'd have just come clean for a shared victory by now, and scum-aligned rolecop makes sense too (...but you've been thwarting scum this game)

scum-aligned jailor makes sense, but scum-aligned zoya makes no sense because i completely bodied the scumteam this game with my stupid gambit. you could say me as an SK + jail ability makes sense, but then the extra kills would be on nights where my jail is unaccounted for

fucks sake we should have just killed hal yesterday, it would be easier to narrow down with wolo alive because a rolecop result of "vanilla town" would be basically definitive proof of innocence, unless a super-godfather, whereas the rest of our roles mean nothing in this hunt

CCKeane posted:

Do you feel you would no longer protect a target if that target used a juggernaut kill? What if Hal came waltzing in and murdered beet? Would you have protected beet?

i have no idea

i can ask opop, but i doubt he's gonna tell me

but if i'm laboring in the mines of imagination, if a jailor tries to lock someone in a cell, and they bust out of the cell to go stab someone, they would no longer be protected by the jailcell walls that they busted out of

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Zoya posted:

the entire scum team were masons, so a scum masonizer doesn't not make sense

a 3P death masonizer makes basically zero sense, though

keane as a bounty hunter makes sense, but i feel like you'd have just come clean for a shared victory by now, and scum-aligned rolecop makes sense too (...but you've been thwarting scum this game)

scum-aligned jailor makes sense, but scum-aligned zoya makes no sense because i completely bodied the scumteam this game with my stupid gambit. you could say me as an SK + jail ability makes sense, but then the extra kills would be on nights where my jail is unaccounted for

fucks sake we should have just killed hal yesterday, it would be easier to narrow down with wolo alive because a rolecop result of "vanilla town" would be basically definitive proof of innocence, unless a super-godfather, whereas the rest of our roles mean nothing in this hunt

i have no idea

i can ask opop, but i doubt he's gonna tell me

but if i'm laboring in the mines of imagination, if a jailor tries to lock someone in a cell, and they bust out of the cell to go stab someone, they would no longer be protected by the jailcell walls that they busted out of

Isn't there only one extra kill, which happened on a night your jail is unaccounted for?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

CCKeane posted:

Isn't there only one extra kill, which happened on a night your jail is unaccounted for?

night 1, yes, where i jailed tmor

it's not my fault tmor never actually looked at his confessional this game or it wouldn't be "unaccounted for"

i've been trying to solve the mystery of that extra kill, loudly, for the entire game, in the face of most of the game doubting the existence of an SK at all

does it make sense to you that i would do that as both the SK and the only person who believes in the existence of an SK?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Zoya posted:

it's not my fault tmor never actually looked at his confessional this game or it wouldn't be "unaccounted for"

i've been trying to solve the mystery of that extra kill, loudly, for the entire game, in the face of most of the game doubting the existence of an SK at all

does it make sense to you that i would do that as both the SK and the only person who believes in the existence of an SK?

Yes.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

lol ##vote keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Focusing attention on an extra kill that you control allows for substantial manipulation of town narrative and relatively straightforward redirections/framing.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

we haven't played many games together but i can assure you that i do not have the self-control to have a kill button and not use it for seven game days in a row

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What games have we played together?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Zoya posted:

There is no way that Moritz with a completely passive role would have got notified he was jailed and then there would be ambiguity from Opop about me and my active role being jailed N2, so I don’t think you can blame tmor

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry folks I’ve been a little physically unwell today. I was notified that my action failed. I still don’t think it’s Hal, Chris it better not be Hal.

I can see a world in which it’s Keane.

Zoya feels a little, I dunno, scramble-y today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Insandenza posted:

There is no way that Moritz with a completely passive role would have got notified he was jailed and then there would be ambiguity from Opop about me and my active role being jailed N2, so I don’t think you can blame tmor

Personally, I am going to blame TMor if town loses. I'm going to pin it all on TMor.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Sorry folks I’ve been a little physically unwell today. I was notified that my action failed. I still don’t think it’s Hal, Chris it better not be Hal.

I can see a world in which it’s Keane.

Yeah, I really doubt it's Hal, if it is Hal I don't think I would have had a reasonable chance, and I'm very disinclined to vote for him unless he scum slips by like, accidentally posting "heh heh heh I, Hal, am the bad guy! I am posting this in my livejournal" (Hal has a livejournal still)

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

no poo poo i feel scramble-y, the game is still going and i don't think we have any way of figuring out who the last killer is

it's either you, blocked by jail, or its one of these two fuckos withholding the kill

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think I'm probably the mirror of Sandwolf here, I can see a world where it is Sandwolf, but I'm leaning away from that. I really think it's Zoya.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Everyone but Zoya has mostly verifiable actions that don’t seem scummy, Zoya has multiple things that make no sense (N2 results on me, Beet failed result, being mean to me) so yeah feel like I’m going to go Zoya and if it’s one of the two then good work on their part I suppose

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i was convinced keane was scum D1 and now i come back full circle to keane being [whatever the gently caress non-town he is] here, D8

if we yeet keane and the loving game still keeps loving going again, we have a 50/50 shot of getting an extra day to win (because jail)

if you yeet me, you lose the game with a 100% certainty

do with that what you will

i'm gonna reread the entire thread later to see if there's anything to catch but i don't have the energy for it right now and i don't think there's anything to catch or i would have already caught it on prior rereads

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

if it's hal and we lose it's wologar's fault

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote: Zoya

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also I am from the show

did hal never claim a flavorname?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

##vote hal

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

hal has narrowly avoided being flipped once already, purely because wologar saved him by throwing himself onto the sword, hal is lying about not being jailed N2, hal being read as "bodyguard" when his role is "backup" makes zero sense, it's just loving hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lmao, if you do turn out to be town somehow Zoya I hope you learn a lesson about tunneling. Do you really think there is a SK or do you think cube and I faked that scum interaction?

I am bugs bunny

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Zoya posted:

hal has narrowly avoided being flipped once already, purely because wologar saved him by throwing himself onto the sword, hal is lying about not being jailed N2, hal being read as "bodyguard" when his role is "backup" makes zero sense, it's just loving hal

That a bit of a misrepresentation, I wasn’t that close to being flipped. Kinda wish it was me in retrospect but I’m here now!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Zoya now change to Sandwolf so we can see what you have there

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Hal Insandenza posted:

Lmao, if you do turn out to be town somehow Zoya I hope you learn a lesson about tunneling. Do you really think there is a SK or do you think cube and I faked that scum interaction?

I am bugs bunny

obviously i don't know who it is or i'd be yelling about it much more loudly, and not knowing who it is is very frustrating

if wolo hadn't suicided you'd be out, keane would either verify wolo as VT or lie about him, then we'd remove one of the two of them, then we'd remove sandwolf if neither of keane/wolo was lying, and the game would end

but because wolo suicided and we all went along with it we're stuck in this hell where it could be the simplest possible answer (it's sandwolf and he's jailed so he couldn't kill) or its just you or keane but there's no way to figure it out so its a crapshoot

i went back and checked, sandwolf confirmed you visiting keane d5 ... before you yourself said it, so i don't even think its sandwolf, so i'm completely lost

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m pretty sure if you murdered me yesterday and the kill was withheld things would be no different

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

if y'all choose, of the 4 of us, to go with the only one of us with a verifiable night action (me) then at least it isn't on me when we lose because of it

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’m pretty sure if you murdered me yesterday and the kill was withheld things would be no different

no, because keane would check wolo and see "vanilla town"

there is no world except a lovely setup where a rolecop sees "vanilla town" on an SK, so wolo at least would be trusted

OR keane would lie about the result on wolo, and we'd yeet one of the two, then the other

thats the difference

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pretty sure Keane would not get “vanilla town” back, he’d at best get “vanilla” and scum can be vanilla. Unless there was some sort of cop clear on wologar I forgot

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wolo not being checked by keane previously would force the day's discussion to center around the result from keane rather than the "nothing" that we have in this scenario

Hal Insandenza posted:

Pretty sure Keane would not get “vanilla town” back, he’d at best get “vanilla” and scum can be vanilla. Unless there was some sort of cop clear on wologar I forgot

"scum-aligned vanilla" would be loving stupid too, that's just "goon", or "mafioso" depending on where you're playing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why are you relitigating Wologar, he flipped town

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

wolo not being checked by keane previously would force the day's discussion to center around the result from keane rather than the "nothing" that we have in this scenario

"scum-aligned vanilla" would be loving stupid too, that's just "goon", or "mafioso" depending on where you're playing

100% scum vanilla getting rolecopped shows up as “vanilla” not “vanilla town” because a rolecop can work inversely to a cop under these terms. Cops see godfathers as town, rolecops see vanilla as town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

That's only if you believe Opop.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

That's only if you believe Opop.

I’m making that decision after game is over

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

i'm not, i'm describing to hal how the day would be different if wolo hadn't airlocked himself yesterday

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i don't care anymore, i'll vote whoever sandwolf votes for, congratulations you're the kingmaker and/or the winner if you're actually the killer ##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look, this is a pretty messy game with a lot of moving parts. Town only misexecuted once (and one no execute). If we lose because of a weird role, we lose because of a weird role, it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Zoya

let’s just do this before things start getting sour