Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Is there a world where it is Hum and Josef, Josef has the dagger and the no-exe, and this was a gambit because we either kill hum and Josef wins by being able to both dagger and NK in the same night (I guess that bit seems somewhat unlikely but not out of the question if the dagger HAS to kill) or we try to kill Josef and it fails and they double kill tonight?

I suppose if that is the case then we already lost so probably not.

That was a line of thought I had too, but I was struggling to phrase it coherently. And I think I've talked myself out of it. Since, like you said, the only other option if we talk ourselves around to it is to vote the no-exe party, which screws us anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright, everything feels like a crapshoot to me at this point, I think I am ok with the murder hum and let cube/me hammer plan because that seems like the best odds... and if I am being played at least I won't be the only one so I can share the shame

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I can be talked into that. I am around for the next 10 minutes F5'ing if you want to vote, Hal.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
##vote humalong

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote Humalong

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Mr. Humalong was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 5

Mr. Humalong (3): JosefStalinator, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose
JosefStalinator (1): Mr. Humalong
EGalz18 (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (1): Hal Insandenza

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 08th, 2023 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 58 minutes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Mr. Humalong got chased off into their DeLorean D5.

quote:

You are Marty McFly, time traveller and TOWN-ALIGNED ITEM THIEF.

Every night, you can ##steal an item from a player after all non-killing actions has been processed. However, you will always return back the item if possible after EVERY night action has been processed. Your target will be notified if their item has been stolen and/or destroyed but they will not know you were the person that stole from them.

You win when all threats to town has been eliminated. (MRHUMALONG)

Beauty Level: 9

Night action in 24 hrs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
CubicalSucrose has their house
destroyed N5!

quote:

You are Paris, TOWN-ALIGNED MESSENGER/MASONISER.

Every phase, you can send an anonymous message to two players. You will receive a reply back from them in the following phase. If one of them reply back to you 3 times, you can open up an unconfirmed masonry with that player. You can only have one masonry going on. You also have a bulletproof vest.

You win when all threats to town has been eliminated.

Beauty Level: 8 (CUBICAL SUCROSE)

With no possible way to escape the clutches of the SCUM-PARTY, Hal Insandenza and EGalz has been endgamed!

quote:

You are a soldier, TOWN-ALIGNED BULLETPROOF VANILLA.

Every night, you can spend time making yourself prettier. This adds to your beauty level by one point. You also start with a bulletproof vest.

You win when all threats to town has been eliminated. (HAL)

Beauty Level: 7

quote:

You are a soldier, TOWN-ALIGNED BULLETPROOF VANILLA.

Every night, you can spend time making yourself prettier. This adds to your beauty level by one point. You also start with a bulletproof vest.

You win when all threats to town has been eliminated. (EGALZ)

Beauty Level: 6

They both ended the game with a beauty score of 10. So while they lost, they lost while being hot and sexy.

Josef Stalinator has won it for the SCUM TEAM!

quote:

You are a rider of the Trojan horse, SCUM-ALIGNED JUGGERNAUT-LITE and ITEM THIEF.

Your night kill is enhanced to break through protective armor. Likewise, as an additional free action, you can target a player to ##steal an item they might be holding onto. This will be high priotized and will be processed before any town night action. However, you will return the item after EVERY night action has been processed. The player will be informed that their item will be stolen and if it was destroyed during the night while it was off their possession. However, they will not know who stole their item. If you are eliminated, your ability to steal items will be passsed onto any of your team members.

You win when the scum team fully control the vote. (JOSEF)

Beauty Level: 10

Your fake claim:

You are an Soldier, TOWN-ALIGNED BULLETPROOF VANILLA.

Beauty Level: 10

You win when all threats to town has been eliminated.

Additional, Your Personal Muse has predicted the game would have ended on day 6 and fulfilled their alternate wincon.

GAME HAS ENDED IN A SCUM-3P and A SINGLE TOWNIE WIN.

THANKS FOR PLAYING.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 9, 2023

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Wooo!

I mean I lost but nice job JS, that message to Cube at the end was something else

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
thanks for playing you guys. I think the game was pretty successful for each side, and I hope everyone had fun. Sorry, I know my modding was a bit messy but I hope you guys still enjoyed the game.

i have thoughts on why I made roles do what and why but Ill let people comment on the setup first. :)

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Ty for the game, Moritz. I don't think your modding was messy at all!

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

josef :stwoon:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Good game everyone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmao

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is the post I had typed up at 3am some point during day 4 about josef, just dropping it here:

Here are Josef's posts about Zoya day 1. Largely seems to write off the votes on Zoya at the time (there were like 4-5 by this point) as "apathy votes" when Zoya was busy scum slipping all over the thread. Weakly floats the lurkers as alternative options before ultimately parking his vote on HCT.

Starts day 2 rather fixated on the 3P mentioned in Zoya's flip.

Writes me off as town and keeps going with the lurker callouts. Safe, everyone hates lurkers! they bog down the game!

Again with the fixation on 3Ps, but I thought it was interesting shwinn is described as a 'neutral' 3P here.

Big mechanics post here. Lot of words but most of them are focused on people's day and night actions and asking questions about them. Mechanics chat is safe and lets scum seem like they're working on helping to solve the game. Notably most of this is in response to someone they have declared town and the only real mention of anyone's posts is to call out Sandwolf for lurking. At the end AFQM gets dropped completely from Josef's list of suspects...to put me back in the rotation after declaring me town the day before. Keep that in mind.

More mechanics chat. Asks questions about shwinn's day action, AFQM's conditional night vig, my target choices each night, and YPM's night actions. Mentions frustrations with lurking but really harps on the mechanics thing.

I don't remember if I mentioned this, but at some point before now Josef had said they had no interest in voting wologar. They have again written me off as town before dropping a vote on wologar. We have now gone from me being town to scum to town to scum to town in the course of maybe 48 hours. Meanwhile Josef drops the 4th vote on wologar at that point, but where the 3 people before Josef eventually unvote (if only temporarily), Josef parks their vote and never moves it.

Here Josef even starts floating the idea of wologar and a teammate working in tandem to "kill discussion". I find this a bit ridiculous.

More fixation on finding a 3P.

This was the post that finally made me really pause for a second. This is a lot of setup spec from a player that has spent most of the game fixated on lurkers, third parties, and mechanics chat. Josef even starts floating the idea that I'm scum with egalz (notice I have moved back to being scum again), but phrases it as "a possibility" to avoid making any real alignment call.

And as I was typing this Josef posts again to reassure everyone that they have a town read of me. We've had a bevy of claims so far but in all this mechanics chat I don't think Josef has claimed anything?

HUM KNEW

Seriously this post gave me a heart attack and I thought I was donezo.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Game was awesome and a lot of fun, and modding was not sloppy at all! Happy to see a new mod finding his feet so well, this game had a couple very interesting mechanics while still being very much pure mafia in the end. Great job!

Also great job JS in particular, that scum play was impressive!

I gotta stop getting myself killed D1 :v:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

HUM KNEW

Seriously this post gave me a heart attack and I thought I was donezo.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t stop it from repeatedly and aggressively drowning itself.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I strongly suspected it was JS and I was right. Unfortunately, I was felled by bounty hunter discrimination.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I strongly suspected it was JS and I was right. Unfortunately, I was felled by bounty hunter discrimination.

you were also felled by mis-reading your role PM -- you weren't a 3P, you were town-aligned lol

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t stop it from repeatedly and aggressively drowning itself.

Lol

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

you were also felled by mis-reading your role PM -- you weren't a 3P, you were town-aligned lol

Whomst among us did NOT misread role PMs this game?

---

Sorry Hum!
Sorry EGalz!
Not sorry, Hal. You could've been a line of defense.
Kinda sorry, HCT.
Not sorry at all, Wol.
Keane I still don't know why you died.
Sorry for not believing you, AFQM. Everything about that role sounded wrong. Which probably should've given me more pause. Please don't go back to being super lurky because of this one outcome.

---

Lifetime achievement unlocked: successfully message-dupe someone (with an alignment-positive outcome!).

---

Game circumvented setup spec a ton, which foiled me hard. Good to know I made the right decision at the end, even though it was out of my hands.

I was so bullheaded about "not losing because of continued unexplained deaths" like in Touhou that I just kept on Hum for the entire game.

I reread JS the last night and I actually thought there was a pretty reasonable chance they were town.

Really happy with my Zoya D1 message.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CubicalSucrose posted:

:emptyquote:

I also unlocked a new mafia achievement, which is winning when you are sure it has become impossible for you to win. I really had a blast that last night with Josef and Cube masonries.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Posting for posterity:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rude, Cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Not as rude as shanking you would've been, and I was surprisingly close to doing so last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

--

Really happy with my Zoya D1 message.

i read mine!! i was really happy with my reply to your D1 message -- getting a message like that, laying out the mechanic, which was seemingly identical to my own, was terrifying at the time cuz we believed it was F&I so i needed very much to know whether you knew who you had sent your message to

i also needed to hide my typing conventions in case you didn't know who you'd messaged. my messages could only go to "the scum leaning 3P" so in my mind a town that can only message scum, but doesn't know who it is, could be the mirror role lol