Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Klungar posted:

Cards really come online at A15 or so when Card Level persists over Ascension. That’s also about the time you start getting critical mass of pets with Card Power as a stat, and when Equipment starts providing it as well. There are two upgrades that drop an additional card, so eventually you get all three cards from an Expedition. You start running Expeditions based on the cards they drop, especially once you get the Splash Damage AP upgrade. Pet Damage and Item Rating are the two most important cards, followed by Reincarnation Exp and Residue. Use the Gameplay Planner to figure out which card is most advantageous to spend a charge on.

Thanks, I guess the charge thing was confusing me but yeah I probably should have read the info panel a couple more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!
What are the drop rates for "Legendary" items in Ironwood RPG?

I'm at a point where I can do woodcutting and mining on the outskirts. Really interested in getting the Kiln blueprint to double charcoal production. Am I going to be woodcutting for days on end?

EDIT: Found a reddit comment from the dev 9 months ago- "I ended up making the drop rates for blueprints a lot better, so 1 / 5k~ for all tiers. You should hopefully be able to find a blueprint in a map or two now. After that it’s just bonus exp and trying to find a legendary item."

inspire fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 26, 2024

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

inspire posted:

What are the drop rates for "Legendary" items in Ironwood RPG?

I'm at a point where I can do woodcutting and mining on the outskirts. Really interested in getting the Kiln blueprint to double charcoal production. Am I going to be woodcutting for days on end?

Staggeringly low. Blueprints a little less so, anecdotally, but still a while.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Though if you keep your combat skills up enough to do the outskirts for places you need materials from then you'll usually get relevant blueprints before out leveling them. Other legendary drops are definitely significantly more rare in my experience.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
How does outskirt gathering actually work? I started the job, went afk and came back to the game in idle. No idea what happened.
And also, do I get fighting experience? Do I get fighting loot?

e: Just caught the fight, and got loot. Didn't see if I got XP or not. And I suppose the fight is very close as my character seems to have forgotten to eat.

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 25, 2024

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

VictualSquid posted:

How does outskirt gathering actually work? I started the job, went afk and came back to the game in idle. No idea what happened.
And also, do I get fighting experience? Do I get fighting loot?

e: Just caught the fight, and got loot. Didn't see if I got XP or not. And I suppose the fight is very close as my character seems to have forgotten to eat.

You get the gathering XP. You do not get to eat.

It's not great and I hope they change it, because it's bad enough with the rarity for getting the blueprints.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The game tells you before you start combat - green sword means you can never lose, yellow possibly lose, red will lose. If you're worried about sustaining outskirts.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Rynoto posted:

The game tells you before you start combat - green sword means you can never lose, yellow possibly lose, red will lose. If you're worried about sustaining outskirts.

I have found this to not be accurate. I think it’s pulling from the combat formula, but not including the lack of food and potions.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!

Jhet posted:

I have found this to not be accurate. I think it’s pulling from the combat formula, but not including the lack of food and potions.

Do you heal between encounters?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Your Chronicle: I was today years old when I found out that titles actually had to be equipped to do things. This is one of those real feelbad moments in these sort of games where there's just so much clutter on the screen that you don't notice an incredibly loadbearing tiny thing in one corner that has left you playing in hardmode the entire time.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

inspire posted:

Do you heal between encounters?

AFAIK, yes. It starts you as if you’re starting a new combat encounter.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Ironwood: I was idling on woodcutting and then mining over the weekend so they're now on tier 3 resources while my smelting etc. are still on tier 1. Any sneaky ways to get them levelled up faster or are the skills all pretty separate?
I'm already upgrading the house
E: Apparently there are pretty cheap potions on the market, thanks for the infinite money from being in a guild

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 26, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
FAPI: Just a heads up that the multiplayer event is active right now. It's the tent on the top menu, and can be easy to miss/forget.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Toshimo posted:

Your Chronicle: I was today years old when I found out that titles actually had to be equipped to do things. This is one of those real feelbad moments in these sort of games where there's just so much clutter on the screen that you don't notice an incredibly loadbearing tiny thing in one corner that has left you playing in hardmode the entire time.

Yeah there is a lot of poo poo like that. I'd warn you that if you are using party templates then the title changes with them, so don't change your party and then not have a title assigned to them. I've accidentally left my title as the wrong thing while doing that many times.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Broken Cog posted:

FAPI: Just a heads up that the multiplayer event is active right now. It's the tent on the top menu, and can be easy to miss/forget.

I'm still getting "It didn't work out". Are you on a beta channel or something?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Baddog posted:

Hasn't been an update to gooboo since November. I'm still playing, but definitely feels like I'm into the very unpolished part of the game now (level 640). There's still things to do, still unlocking different mechanics, but drat, wish the developer would pick it up again.

I just unlocked the last big overall achievement bonus and realized there's nothing left to do. Horde is still sort of interesting with mystical shards and the tower unlocked but everything else is bricked.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Toshimo posted:

I'm still getting "It didn't work out". Are you on a beta channel or something?

Been going since 2/22 for me on the standard PC and Android clients

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

explosivo posted:

Been going since 2/22 for me on the standard PC and Android clients

Oh, cool. I was stuck 2 versions behind with no updates available in Steam. Had to force recheck the files to get the update.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Started an Ancient Relics character in Melvor. This is... uhhhhh, very difficult? I managed to beat the chicken coop and got mining x2, smithing x2 and slayer x1 as my skill rewards which is looking... much worse that I thought it would be. I thought hitting double mining/smithing would give me a leg up on melee gear and close the gap missing from no Runecrafting but that is not the case so far. The only one I'm happy with right now is mining for the GP, I was hoping smithing some gear might be good but it's just up to steel and that is absolutely not cutting it in the Undead Graveyard. I did one run through there after maxing my combat skills and got completely brick walled by Zombie Leader. I ate over 500 potatoes and did like 100 damage to him? My hitrate was like 44% and his was 70 and he was just wailing away on me.

Currently farming potatoes back up while I try to figure out a way through this - hoping to hit an attack/str relic to maybe give me an edge while I do it. I can mulch a bunch of daggers in to Goblin Thief tablets which I think will give me a little bit of power - but I can't even land a hit on Zombie Leader so that feels optimistic. Am I better off trying to mage my way through this one even with only 10 runecrafting? Earth Strike would be my strongest spell which I guess is still better than my steel scim, but I'd have to take off my steel armor which means taking even more of a beating.

I got my first couple relics in mining/smithing. For mining I got +1 coal per action which seems pretty good, I know I'm gonna need a shitload of it. For Smithing I got +50% Smithing Mastery XP and ... ????. This just doesn't do anything? All the mastery bonuses in Smithing are for preserving resources and doubling yield - both of which are disabled in this mode. Not sure what my other options were but it sure feels like a waste. The doubling/preservation being disabled feels kind of punitive for no reason but I guess it did get crazy powerful once you were later in the game.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Fapi:

Once you get auto re-expidition is 1 hour optimal or do rewards scale?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
There is a "Preservation and Doubling Modifier" mod that lets you remove that restriction FWIW and I've found things enjoyable without it, I didn't like how it makes lots of items and masteries literally do nothing. You can also set a custom multiplier if you want, so put them at 50% of base value or whatever if you don't want them to be too OP in combination with relics

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Fapi:

Once you get auto re-expidition is 1 hour optimal or do rewards scale?

It is. Expedition reward pet combo could be a reason to use longer one if you don't run that as your main idle team and want the bonus, so you can equip it as expedition finishes once every 24 hours instead of every hour.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just unlocked the last big overall achievement bonus and realized there's nothing left to do. Horde is still sort of interesting with mystical shards and the tower unlocked but everything else is bricked.

Bleah. I really like it, but not having *any* sort of endpoint and having each section kinda dribble off because it wasn't finished sucks.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Melvor: even without runecrafting uncaps, keep in mind that Ancient Relics uses the hardcore modifiers on the combat triangle, which means lacking type advantage really, really hurts. Use magic anyway for the graveyard and you will be for quite a few dungeons beyond that. RC and Slayer end up being priority uncaps and Thieving solves food. You can go quite a while without needing to manually create melee gear.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Toshimo posted:

I maybe confused about Dark Ritual (which may be the underlying problem). Is it like NUMBER in NGU where I should be hitting the reset when it gets significantly higher? Or should I be smashing that button much more often, even if my talent will be lower?

This is my current SR/DR:

You are only getting inspiration when you are ranking levels, if your level is more or less "stuck" is not doing much for you, you would better served reseting so it growns from zero again.

You want to use SR has fast has possible (but this is autohandled) and you want to use DR... really about has fast has possible too, if is not interferin with something else you need.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Gathering event is on in Ironwood.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Now we're cooking in Melvor Ancient Relics :cool: can't believe I slept on this game for so long, it hits the spot for me in like every single way. I'd never played Runescape and assumed it coasted off of nostalgia for that game, but it's a very tight design in its own right

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tei posted:

You are only getting inspiration when you are ranking levels, if your level is more or less "stuck" is not doing much for you, you would better served reseting so it growns from zero again.

You want to use SR has fast has possible (but this is autohandled) and you want to use DR... really about has fast has possible too, if is not interferin with something else you need.

There's never a situation where you don't want to press that button really. Some rank unlocks are pretty impactful like Will but no rank unlock is as impactful as the Inspiration you can get and dump into the infinite purchases.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

The Ninth Layer posted:

There's never a situation where you don't want to press that button really. Some rank unlocks are pretty impactful like Will but no rank unlock is as impactful as the Inspiration you can get and dump into the infinite purchases.

Eventually for long runs the boost from the skill/inspiration might be more useful especially at high level after a few days, if you're going for ED4/5 things and need to really grind up stats, but it's still probably more optimal to grind up gluttony bonii instead.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Got my first tome in ironwood. Which ones is the best? Does the resurrection tome restart combat? And does it restart outskirt gathering?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

VictualSquid posted:

Got my first tome in ironwood. Which ones is the best? Does the resurrection tome restart combat? And does it restart outskirt gathering?

I'm a big proponent of the Insatiable Power Tome as it affects everything you do with a rare stat - Skill Efficiency - in exchange for a cheap food cost.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

explosivo posted:

Thanks, I guess the charge thing was confusing me but yeah I probably should have read the info panel a couple more times.

On the topic of Cards in FAPI, I didn't notice until recently that sometimes a charge will cause a negative percentage increase, indicated in red instead of green. What causes that?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Charges convert temporary power into permanent power that persists through ascensions. But the total card bonus formula uses both of them and the card exp to determine the overall power. So if you have very little temporary bonus converting that can cause it to be a loss in current power.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Combat event is on in Ironwood. If you wanted to get ahead of what is likely to be the most pain-in-the-rear end part of our next building, throwing a few large fangs at the Guild Hall (not the Guild Event Hall) would be appreciated, but no rush.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Auto repeating 1 hour expeditions in FAPI is good poo poo.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Ham Equity posted:

Combat event is on in Ironwood. If you wanted to get ahead of what is likely to be the most pain-in-the-rear end part of our next building, throwing a few large fangs at the Guild Hall (not the Guild Event Hall) would be appreciated, but no rush.

Those are fairly slow to come by and there's no better time to farm them. I get about 6-7000 in 24 hours with my fastest combat skills.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I remember somewhere back in this thread somebody posted a console script to speed up games like Evolve and Theresmore in browser. Does anyone have that handy?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

explosivo posted:

Auto repeating 1 hour expeditions in FAPI is good poo poo.

Is there actual benefit to this beyond more immediate gratification? I run 1 hour repeats to get things going immediately after an Ascension but always fall back to 12 hour after things settle.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WTFBEES posted:

Is there actual benefit to this beyond more immediate gratification? I run 1 hour repeats to get things going immediately after an Ascension but always fall back to 12 hour after things settle.

Eh it's more the 'auto' part I guess that is the good poo poo. Being able to buy the upgrade you want sooner is nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

WTFBEES posted:

From here (no idea if it's accurate or up to date), it seems like longer is better to a poinr?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bY5Ss_6uhoxxxndKr2oSlhtWHM5k4togQkswuBqKrTU/edit#gid=118136759