Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I finally got shelves and got them up! Not much in them currently, but putting them up and cleaning up was a bit much for tonight.

Trying to put together Batman and the Joker on top, found out the hard way that their articulation is horrible. I ended up snapping Batman's waist! So frustrated with that figure. The jokers legs don't even move from his waist, only at the knees apparently. Learned my lesson before I moved on to him. /sigh

OMG you have a Scud! :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have a Scud and it's awesome, but I didn't get the one with the vending machine box :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't even remember it being offered in that vending machine box :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

An Ounce of Gold posted:

They are pretty drat good I think. I have almost all of them scattered throughout my home somewhere. Some of them have clothes, fake hair, standard articulation, some effects, decent enough paint/wash.

It's hard to complain about them. They are about 6' tall and you can see in the back they also made a 12" Blade and Decapitron. And yes those are the Puppet Master comic books in the back too. Pinhead could totally take on Hordak.

Torch has glowy eyes (his torch used to light up too). If you want any pics specifically of anyone let me know. I have more around. And one day I'll get the full sized ones they made. One day!

In other news, my Luigi I won from Entertainment Earth came in and now is chilling with his b boy stance with Mario. These are my favorite Mario figures I've seen.

Thanks for the pictures, definitely going to have to track down a few of them. Any chance you take a picture of the six inch ones against something like the Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black figures?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

therealjon_ posted:

I don't even remember it being offered in that vending machine box :(

I had to order it special online from some exclusive they had. Scud the disposable Assassin is actually my favorite comic. I have a tattoo of Scud and Jeff on my arm.

Guess what, taking a picture of your own arm is a pain in the rear end.

2nd edit: it says right on the side of the bloody box that it was a San Diego comiccon exclusive :v

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 3, 2016

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Man, Shocker Toys was a garbage company, but I don't regret buying my Scud. What a good toy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Get some lighting up in that bitch! :D

Tons of examples out there -- I generally followed the posts here: http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20830

My wiring could be cleaned up a bit but generally the figures are distracting enough.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 3, 2016

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

vkeios posted:

Man, Shocker Toys was a garbage company, but I don't regret buying my Scud. What a good toy.

I have always wanted the Scud and Maxx figures but I could never give Shocker money, mostly because I was always convinced I'd never see anything for it. The price of stuff on the secondary market has me scared off for good. I am pretty sure Shocker made the bare minimum amount of figures they could.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

vkeios posted:

I have that scud statue from New York comic con, I looked before getting into bed and noticed it wasn't San Diego, and I also have at work a MoC Scud figure with the Maxx's little white Izz too. Can never bring myself to just open it though.

Vintersorg posted:

Get some lighting up in that bitch! :D

Tons of examples out there -- I generally followed the posts here: http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20830

My wiring could be cleaned up a bit but generally the figures are distracting enough.

Thanks for the lighting link, I know I have seen it in the thread a bunch, but was going to hunt it down later. I still have to unpack most of my stuff to put in there and get some acrylic risers for my figures. I have almost all of the Figuarts dragon ball line to set up, as well as my Skeletor statue that had been sitting in the basement since we moved!

After working all day today and then putting the two shelves together, that is all I could get done tonight.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 3, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I own half the things on this shelf! :v:

Edit: also, do my eyes deceive me, or does Dredd have reallly long arms? I have him right next to me atm, and I can't quite figure it out.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I own half the things on this shelf! :v:

Edit: also, do my eyes deceive me, or does Dredd have reallly long arms? I have him right next to me atm, and I can't quite figure it out.

Long arm of the law. its a thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do the lights before putting in anything tho, hehe. :)

Also haven't noticed long arms but I think a lot of people do - it's weird when you really look hah.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Does he have long arms? If you look where his hands are in relation to his hips and thighs and compare that to the other figures on the shelves they are all pretty much the same. I think it might be the Judge's belt being so high up that makes it seem like his arms/hands hang lower than they should. He has that belt pulled up to Adam West Batman utility belt level.

edit: He also has really skinny hips.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 3, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The proportions all look correct, I think it's definitely the high belt that throws it off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The jacket and armor really puff it up - the legs are skinny as heck but it's a bootleg - can't expect proper Hot Toys style.

Speaking of -- where is that loving Judge Anderson? I ordered that poo poo a while ago.

E: Q2 2016 - is that now? I think it is.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 3, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's 2 Andersons by 2 different companies. One is already out i think.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'd be the one from VTS Toys - I ordered from One Sixth Kit and they have no updates right now (just messaged on FB).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that one looks better than the other one anyway, even though the other one is the same company that made Dredd. Neither looks like the actress in the movie, but the VTS one is nicer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This looks like dog-poo poo, wow.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Vintersorg posted:

I actually think the VTS one looks pretty close to Olivia Thirlby, about as close as Hot Toys Ant Man looked like Paul Rudd; Not exactly but if squint it's there. The eyes need to be further apart.

The other one looks like a man doing super low effort drag.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Vintersorg posted:

Hey look it's Jessie Eisenberg cosplaying Judge Anderson.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Vintersorg posted:

This is really awful but also v funny

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bad Photo incoming!

Got tired of Dredd's stupid hands, so I replaced them.

Not perfect, but so much better. And, i didn't even have to ruin the old hands. I just found some old coat from Kronen I think, and chopped off the arms. I used Toht's gloves for now, and maybe forever. TDK Hot Toys Batman has the best gloves though, but I think the extra hands are long gone. Lost somewhere in time.

I might try and add the computer panel to these, but we'll see. Might be too hard.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I saw SpiderGwen at the store today. That ball and chain is loving terrible. the chain is just one solid plastic piece, it looks awful.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

boom boom boom posted:

I saw SpiderGwen at the store today. That ball and chain is loving terrible. the chain is just one solid plastic piece, it looks awful.

Yeah that ball & chain is really bad. Only good thing about only grabbing Venom and Spider-Gwen...not feeling the commitment to finish Absorbing Man. Especially after I broke down and got all of Red Onslaught.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hot Toys dropped a teaser shot for a new Chewie and Han for Star Wars day.

That fur though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if old Harrison Ford is an easier to sculpt than young Ford.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RevKrule posted:

Hot Toys dropped a teaser shot for a new Chewie and Han for Star Wars day.

That fur though.

I won't miss out on this - the last set wasn't very good and Chewie looked stupid.

They are also doing 1/6 scale Yoda and 1/4 scale Kylo Ren.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 4, 2016

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

From pictures I've seen, Chewie looks good if you took the time to blow out and do his fur correctly.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

They're making it harder and harder for me to deny people when they call them "dolls."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Doctor Zero posted:

They're making it harder and harder for me to deny people when they call them "dolls."

Hot Toys are dolls. They have rooted hair and clothes you can take off. Just embrace it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All figures are dolls. Not all dolls are figures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm not sure which bothers me more, calling standard action figures either 'dolls' or 'figurines'.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if old Harrison Ford is an easier to sculpt than young Ford.

The teaser didn't show his face for a reason.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They usually hide face-sculpts for new designs. And rights.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

I'm not sure which bothers me more, calling standard action figures either 'dolls' or 'figurines'.

action figures are dolls

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You guys are all dolls.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh no, suddenly everything I collect is poo poo.

Who cares.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Check out this scientifically accurate raptor doll Kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just bought the Samurai Darth Vader and Samurai Sandtrooper figures. Guess I'm a weeaboo now.

Xenomrph posted:

gently caress science, feathered dinosaurs are stupid bullshit and science can suck a fat one for even considering ruining the coolest animals to ever walk the planet, the best raptors are the ones from Jurassic Park and anyone who disagrees should kill themselves for being so obviously objectively wrong. :colbert:

:yeah:

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 4, 2016