Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Please inject stuff under my skin for a pure tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's like all those vegan tattoos back when they still used bone char in ink. Except worse because it's kitchen scratching and they get hepatitis.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

being diseased is fine, it's not being diseased that's a problem

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You can get vaccinated against hepatitis, well hepatitis B at least. Also most of these antivaxxers got MMR vaccines as children so no.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And hepatitis C is a two-drug, $84 treatment to completely cure, but you need to be in a country that has a really advanced healthcare program.

Like Egypt, or Malaysia.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

I don't know if it's better or worse but this is the logo of AniMe, a hardstyle DJ.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

cyberia posted:

I don't know if it's better or worse but this is the logo of AniMe, a hardstyle DJ.

God I want to see the tattoo owner’s face when the thousandth weeaboo gets excited about their love of anime being prominently displayed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

cyberia posted:

LOL

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's infinitely worse

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's definitely worse, she chose that name.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
just from a marketing standpoint it's also terrible, if you search anime you won't find them, if you search anime music you also won't find them.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
That's what makes the style hard

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cyberia posted:

I can already tell that tattoo is better than her music

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Johnny Truant posted:

I can already tell that tattoo is better than her music

I prefer the music I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN09C8fO4f4

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

They're both pretty dull.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's hardstyle because it's embarrassing to Sister Nancy and literally any DJ or toastmaster in musical history. Extremely confirmed that this is worse than just cartoons

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Calling bullshit on her even being a real DJ. Google is sparse and her own Twitter feed has a whole ton of ‘live’ videos that are mostly fist pumps, crowd shots, and super wide angles.

From recent posts this is the only one that shows her working the decks/mixer and there’s zero cross fader control, the pot adjusts look random, and everything screams premixed.

https://twitter.com/dj_anime/status/1424386254439948292?s=21

So yeah, imo a bad tattoo of a random dude that puts out music behind the face of a pretty girl.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Holy poo poo this is loving garbage, is hardstyle just distorting a sample and then using it to make some basic lame rear end rhythm?

Yup, apparently it is :yikes:

Fake edit: I watched a few more of her videos and jfc it really is just done garbage sounding distortion slapped on four on the floor

Johnny Truant has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Dec 6, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, hardstyle isn’t particularly nuanced or varied. Definitely adds to the ‘need a selling point’ factor.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Hardstyle is what happens when a Dutchman gives up smoking weed, takes up amphetamines, and buys a distortion pedal (but no guitar).

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Memento posted:

And hepatitis C is a two-drug, $84 treatment to completely cure, but you need to be in a country that has a really advanced healthcare program.

Like Egypt, or Malaysia.

Oh, hey, we can get that cure here in :patriot: for just $84,000 :911:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Anime is better than hardstyle. Hardstyle is marching band music for people who are about to do 300 whipits each.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I like to imagine he started with the tattoo of the woman, then thought, "you know, this needs something else to really make it work"

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
He's helping her learn how to fart.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Where are her forearms

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

IDK anything about this, but if you full screen the video and watch her hands it's pretty clear she's not turning those knobs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
More like DJ AniMilliVanlli, amirite? :v:

Bismuth posted:

Where are her forearms

Cousin Itt ate them.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I wonder how this would go over at disneyland

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

IDK anything about this, but if you full screen the video and watch her hands it's pretty clear she's not turning those knobs.

Not to keep the derail up but are they like, two vinyls of her own poo poo music that's she's mixing there? I mean it seems pretty agreed upon that those vinyls ain't doin poo poo there, but like... :psyduck:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

This just made my incredibly lazy cat leave both my lap and the room

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

imagine getting this tattoo but being worried about the word gently caress

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Bismuth posted:

Where are her forearms

She's a pokemon

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Johnny Truant posted:

Not to keep the derail up but are they like, two vinyls of her own poo poo music that's she's mixing there? I mean it seems pretty agreed upon that those vinyls ain't doin poo poo there, but like... :psyduck:

I forget what it’s called but there is a DJ system where special vinyl records with no music on them are used to sync and control playback of audio files on a computer.

Edit: it’s called Serato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLctREzfynk

Ralph Hurley has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Dec 6, 2021

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mister Speaker posted:

Hardstyle is what happens when a Dutchman gives up smoking weed, takes up amphetamines, and buys a distortion pedal (but no guitar).

This guy gets it.

If she's not actually doing things with the mixer, she is definitely using the right techniques to beatmatch.

Ralph Hurley posted:

I forget what it’s called but there is a DJ system where special vinyl records with no music on them are used to sync and control playback of audio files on a computer.

This guy also knows what's up. Those are probably timecoded vinyl hooked up to something like Serato. I'm squinting at the video and I can't tell what software she's using, but that's situation normal.

Her equipment is legit, and she's definitely doing filter sweeps around drops, so I dunno. Hardstyle isn't my poo poo, and it sounds like her mixing is rudimentary at best, but she's not a total fuckaround. IMO.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bismuth posted:

Where are her forearms

Coming out the other side of the arm like those animal ripping through tattoos

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I accidentally posted this in the other tattoo thread, because I am a big ol' dumbass.

Read After Burning posted:

By the way, if y'all want to spend a few hours staring at poorly-thought-out tattoos, look around for Rupaul's Drag Race tattoos...

That second one is somehow both racist and homophobic.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is this stolen "struck by lightning" valour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.