Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I had never seen any Robin Hood movie before seeing Men in Tights and I still loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
plus Cary Elwes can speak in an english accent

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Men in Tights is good. Better than Spaceballs by a mile.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ultrabindu posted:

plus Cary Elwes can speak in an english accent

Unlike some Robin Hoods...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This movie had the courage to star a woman with a spectacular body and face in a leading role and in doing so they are giving young girls everywhere a strong role model. I hope this sets a new trend in Hollywood where gorgeous sexy women get the respect they deserve!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Everyone reads the Rotten Tomatoes score as a quality score out of 100, but that's not how it works and it's frustrating to constantly see people make that mistake.

All it means is that 94% of critics thought Wonder Woman was "good."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cless Alvein posted:

You go gently caress yourself. I love Men in Tights. I guess it helps that even though I'm only 30, my dad is 77 and I've seen Errol Flynn's Adventures of Robin Hood a few times. Also that I absolutely adore Disney's Robin Hood. That is probably my 2nd fav Disney film. First being Sword in the Stone.

Lol gently caress you.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I watched Men in Tights back when I was a teenager and fought it was really funny. Then I watched it many years later with someone who had never seen it and we just had to turn it off.

Blazing Saddles is great though, one of my teachers showed it in English class. That was pretty funny.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I do appreciate that there's finally a female action/superhero in movies. It only took my entire lifetime to see a proper one (the catwoman-esque ones really dont count). That is a pretty decent milestone

I dont think any of the superheroes are good rolemodels for anyone though

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It broke new ground!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wasn't there that one Angelina Jolie movie

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Trunko posted:

Wasn't there that one Angelina Jolie movie

Salt? It was an ok film, made just short of $300m so I guess other people thought so too.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
In my opinion this gal galdot is quite the looker

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Everyone reads the Rotten Tomatoes score as a quality score out of 100, but that's not how it works and it's frustrating to constantly see people make that mistake.

Here is a totally scientific and aggressive freshness to critic score chart. If only half of them think a movie is "good", it's garbage. If 99/100 think it is fresh, the movie gets a ten. Wonder Woman gets 6.7.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lol nerd.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/ross_maclean/status/871321678046998528

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Rotacixe posted:

Here is a totally scientific and aggressive freshness to critic score chart. If only half of them think a movie is "good", it's garbage. If 99/100 think it is fresh, the movie gets a ten. Wonder Woman gets 6.7.

Ok

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

priznat posted:

Mel does it well, Chaplin did it well, using nazi imagery in non comedies is more fraught as actual nazis may think it's pretty badass (see: american history X)

American History X is pretty great, but it's hard to watch when you know that actual neo-Nazis treat it like their answer to Fight Club.

See also Fight Club, but replace Nazis with generic angry young suburban white men and frat bros.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Mike is my Tyler Durden

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wish I knew what that was.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Good.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

did the neo nazis miss the entire movie and just saw that scene where edward norton steps on a black guys head??

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

WampaLord posted:

they literally just put a picture of the score up, so I don't know where youre getting that they said it was a quality score

Rotacixe posted:

it says in the screenshot the average critic score was 7.6

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Fartbox posted:

did the neo nazis miss the entire movie and just saw that scene where edward norton steps on a black guys head??

Are dumb military fetishists dumb?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Schweinhund posted:

they literally just put a picture of the score up, so I don't know where youre getting that they said it was a quality score

it says in the screenshot the average critic score was 7.6

To break this down for my goonbas, that means that out of a hundred critics, 76 of them thought it was... Average. And the other 34 liked it a lot. . :eng101:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

ok

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Fartbox posted:

Posts I've seen on this subject seem to be about the "true" ending where Ed Norton turns back to his old ways after edward furlong's career is killed.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Trunko posted:

In my opinion this gal galdot is quite the looker

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

King Vidiot posted:

American History X is pretty great, but it's hard to watch when you know that actual neo-Nazis treat it like their answer to Fight Club.

See also Fight Club, but replace Nazis with generic angry young suburban white men and frat bros.

If white supremacists get American History X, white middle-class kids get Fight Club, and white Irish Americans get Boondock Saints, what movie do white milquetoast progressive liberal-arts major guys get?

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 5, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

vermin posted:

If white supremacists get American History X, white middle-class kids get Fight Club, and white Irish Americans get Boondock Saints, what movie do white milquetoast progressive liberal-arts major guys get?

Into the Wild, where hopefully they meet the same fate.

Fartbox posted:

There's also the part where the fat guy from Mallrats sings a racist song, and they probably look up to that guy because he's just like them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Trunko posted:

To break this down for my goonbas, that means that out of a hundred critics, 76 of them thought it was... Average. And the other 34 liked it a lot. . :eng101:

No. You are wrong.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

vermin posted:

Pecker by John Waters.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Metacritic parses reviews more than rottentomatoes if you're looking for that. I think it requires guesswork on Metacritic's part though for the reviewers who don't give stars/grades. Wonder Woman's got a 76 on there.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Metacritic parses reviews more than rottentomatoes if you're looking for that. I think it requires guesswork on Metacritic's part though for the reviewers who don't give stars/grades. Wonder Woman's got a 76 on there.

3/4 or 4/5 stars sounds about right.

https://twitter.com/THRAwards/status/871459957488533505

Some people need to calm the hell down.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Gal Gadot is a really big supporter of war crimes and civilian death so long as it's being done by the brave IDF.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Misogynismium is finally over. Thanks, Wonder Woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Some people need to calm the hell down.

Top Ten Reasons Wonder Woman is the Movie Your Boyfriend Needs To See

• Locked thread