Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Atlas Hugged posted:

No, he's going to be a two term president and live into his 90s.

And be hailed as one of the greatest presidents ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

therattle posted:

I mean, loving W is being rehabilitated. Anything is possible.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hawkeye gets to go home and be a family man.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

therattle posted:

Watch him pass universal health care on his way out.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Guy can't even pass his stool and you expect him to pass legislation that doesn't gently caress over minorities?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't worry, it's America. We'll still find a way to gently caress over minorities.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Don't worry, it's America. We'll still find a way to gently caress over minorities.

:patriot:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Hi

Almost a decade ago I got some bitcoins in exchange for some gear in Star Wars Galaxies. It was worthless back then but I eventually sold it and made a $300 profit. Thinking myself a financial genius, I proceeded to forget totally about Bitcoin.

It recently hit the news and I got the itch again, especially when I realized had I held onto those coins, I would have made over 1 million dollars.

I told my wife when bitcoin hit 6k and suggested taking out our 401(k)s and our savings, as it continued to go up.

She said no, and unfortunately this delayed me from getting my hands on the money.

I cashed out my 401(k) and emptied our savings account, giving me a grand total of 65 thousand dollars. I bought as many coins as I could, at around 16,000 a coin.

The bottom just fell out.

It’s at 10,500 a coin right now, and dropping.

I will have to cancel our Disney World vacation as the savings account was mostly for that. My daughters will hate me and my wife may divorce me.

I keep hoping the price will increase but it looks unlikely since loving China banned it or whatever.

This reminds me of the one where the guy bet all his money on the Falcons to win last year's Super Bowl

Anyway it's been a while since we've had a foot fetish fesh

quote:

I like to steal women’s shoes from the gym. I have 5 pairs right now and have been eyeing up a pair of heels from a PAWG who takes 6 pm yoga classes each week.

This is 2 year’s haul, sadly if I was more productive I think it would cause an issue. Right now they probably just think people are mixing up shoes and grabbing the wrong pair.

Obviously I jerk off into and on to these shoes. I also bought a fake foot from a Halloween store and like to put that in the shoe and jerk off to that.

When I first get the shoes I smell them but that fades pretty quick, unfortunately.

Also I realize I’m like the 12th foot fetishist in this thread, maybe we can get a sub forum going? The foot funhouse or something.

Lowtax always says the forums are dying but I’d be willing to pay extra money for a special friendly forum for fetishists like me.

Wait, she wears heels to the gym for her yoga classes :confused:

Anyway I don't think an SA FetLife subforum would last very long, sorry

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Kind of a oval office move to steal peoples shoes you oval office

are you too poor to hire a prostitute to put her feet in your face or wahtever

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

gently caress if someone stole my shoes at the gym it'd ruin my whole week

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

you bastard

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bitcoin didn't exist when Galaxy existed, other than Galaxy Emulators? This hardly lines up

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Bitcoin didn't exist when Galaxy existed, other than Galaxy Emulators? This hardly lines up

According to Wiki, the servers were going until 2011. That's 3 years of overlap.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Foot fetish guy needs to get a vajankle.

http://sinthetics.com/gallery/sexy-feet/

I would link an image but it's definitely NSFW and I'm posting from my phone.

Also taking people's clothes from the gym is a super dick move. This is coming from a guy who will hide people's poo poo they leave unattended. I never go through their poo poo or take anything, I'm not a thief. loving with people that don't secure their poo poo is a pet peeve I developed in the military that won't go away.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

Also taking people's clothes from the gym is a super dick move. This is coming from a guy who will hide people's poo poo they leave unattended. I never go through their poo poo or take anything, I'm not a thief. loving with people that don't secure their poo poo is a pet peeve I developed in the military that won't go away.

That’s super weird and bad

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

limp_cheese posted:

Speaking of dick moves

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, not going to say it isn't a dick move. It definitely is. The only defenses I have is I don't do it all the time, I usually just throw their poo poo in an empty locker nearby, and I do it if the stuff is still there after I take a shower and get dressed. I never go into the locker room looking for unsecured poo poo but when it's in my or someone else's way I'm going to gently caress with it.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

Yeah, not going to say it isn't a dick move. It definitely is. The only defenses I have is I don't do it all the time, I usually just throw their poo poo in an empty locker nearby, and I do it if the stuff is still there after I take a shower and get dressed. I never go into the locker room looking for unsecured poo poo but when it's in my or someone else's way I'm going to gently caress with it.

maybe don't do that

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

limp_cheese posted:

Don’t touch my or other peoples poo poo u weirdo

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
No it's ok it's a pet peeve don't you get it

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Don’t touch my or other peoples poo poo u weirdo

Then make sure its secured when you are not around it? I didn't realize "put your stuff away so other people don't gently caress with it" was a controversial concept :shrug:

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

limp_cheese posted:

Then make sure its secured when you are not around it? I didn't realize "put your stuff away so other people don't gently caress with it" was a controversial concept :shrug:

I didn't realize "don't touch things that aren't yours, you complete rear end in a top hat" was a controversial concept.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Basically, if someone leaves their car unlocked, you could be justified in saying that they only have themselves to blame if someone stole it or stole all their stuff from inside it. But that doesn't mean you're justified in stealing it yourself.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

limp_cheese posted:

You’re garbage

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

quote:

get therapy, and don't gently caress your therapist

Who tried to gently caress their therapist?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zesty posted:

RIP therapy goon.

(Anongoon got into a relationship with his therapist when she came on to him, every update after that detailed more and more controlling abuse from her but him sticking with it, last heard from over a year ago. If legit points to bad ending.)

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

sorry the military broke your brain but having to “secure” your stuff isn’t how people normally think about things when they’re at the gym or something

cut it out, your “pet peeve” is just you being a huge oval office and its extremely weird and bad

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

All right, I get it. Stop doing weird thing.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

sugar free jazz posted:

sorry the military broke your brain

i thought it was his face

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zesty posted:

Recently reposted

Going to the game today, here's an early feshpost. First from cathunter.

quote:

Thanks Loquacius for posting my hunting fesh, you guys seemed to enjoy discussing it, here's a follow up to address comments/questions from your thread.

1. Bows: I shoot a 40-45 lb recurve. I used to use a Samick, currently I have a PSE (buy American!). It's a very inexpensive and simple thing to shoot but needs a little conditioning and practice to handle. I've used basically the same bow for almost ten years and become really familiar with it. I don't shoot compound bows at all or bother with fancy counterweights or whisker rests or string releases (insert anti-cam/wheel elitism here).

2. Coyotes: I take fewer than ten coyotes a year. It's not a career. Coyotes can't be stalked (at least not by me), they are instinctively paranoid and have better vision and hearing than most other animals. I set up an elevated stand about half an hour before dawn somewhat inside the woods, and shoot at coyotes that are coming back to their day dens from eating out of suburban trashcans. I think they are a little lazier and sleepier after feeding. Generally they are not stupid enough to stop moving to feed in open areas, a coyote will grab a portion and then run off to eat in hiding. Coyotes deliberately kill mesopredators (foxs, raccoons, mustelids, feral cats) in their territory, but feral cats live in trees and unfortunately manage to coexist.

3. Cats: Cats are easy to bait. Anything that smells like spoiled milk or fish draws them into the open, and unlike our coyotes they will stop to smell for food and feed in the open. There is no such thing as a domesticated cat in the woods. If it has a bell and is too stupid to return to civilization, it will starve or get killed by coyotes in days (but at least I won't shoot it, if that makes some of you happier). If you let your cat roam without a bell and collar, then go gently caress yourself, your cat is either going to die with no help from me, or turn feral and you'll never see it again. The only way cats survive out there for more than a few days is by eating endangered birds and losing any human socialization they may have had. Pigs do the same thing, I think there was a guy on SA who posted about feral pig hunting. I only shoot cats that are clearly on undeveloped public land (see below).

4. Laws, Pests, Vests: People who mod cars as a hobby learn the laws about what is street legal. I learn the laws about pest hunting. I'm honestly surprised anyone thinks this is weird. Legally, any cat on public land without a visible collar, tag, or bell is assumed to be feral and is fair game. I have never and would never shoot a marked cat. There will never be a proper feral cat control program in this town (thanks to the bluehair biddies who think having cats everywhere is more fun than a semi working ecosystem), I have no interest in learning to live trap, spay, and release feral cats on my own, and I'm not a wildlife officer anyway. The reason I mentioned a vest is just that its a thing I know how to make, as opposed to something more complex like dress slacks or a Liberace outfit.

Epilogue. Birds: The most annoying calling bird I've ever heard is this thing they have in Southeast Asia that wakes up at first light outside your house and goes something like this: "TweeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW" really loudly over and over for like four hours. We joked it was the "charging my laser" bird which was ironic because we were actually in "Mah Laser" (Malaysia).

quote:

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Was a really fat kid, grew up eating nothing but sweets and frozen pizza. I'm now at a high normal BMI but have fat deposits in weird places that make it hard to buy clothes. Losing weight so I can look professional is my #1 priority right now.

I've been losing weight at a reasonable pace over the last month (~2lb/wk) by having a few big meals a week and skipping most other meals (100-500kCal/day if it's not a special occasion). I feel really energetic and cutting out cooking/eating has freed up a lot of time. But people get concerned about it being "unhealthy" and "disordered" and a friend who's obese has been bringing me treats and asking me if I've eaten because he's "worried I eat so little".

But this is way less of a burden for me than losing weight with "normal" diet and exercise and achieves the same caloric deficit. When I tried to lose weight the traditional way before, since my BMR is low it felt like I had to structure my whole life around meal planning and going to the gym to hit my targets. I read a bunch of scientific papers to understand the risks/benefits (including "starvation mode") and mitigated the health risks with supplements, electrolytes, and hydration.

I'm feeling pretty stressed about this, mostly because I need to hide my eating habits from people or they'll give me poo poo over them and tell me they're stupid or dangerous or an eating disorder. I've made a data-based plan to achieve a reasonable goal and it so far appears successful. Why does it feel like society is against me here??

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Weightloss goon you're dumb as gently caress. Depending on how severely you're calorie depriving yourself, your body will eventually think you're starving to death and will stop burning fat. Forever. Then you'll literally never be able to lose weight because you permanently hosed your metabolism. Not to mention raising your risk of heart disease, anemia, atrophy and gout.

There's a reason you're supposed to approach weight loss carefully.

:downsbravo:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Literally every dietician and nutritionist I’ve read or spoken with says that all modern research indicates “Starvation Mode” is bullshit and fasting and flushing your body with a poo poo ton of water (over a gallon a day) is a totally real method that is ineffective for other mild health reasons.

I mean if you go ask in YLLS I feel like the people who never post pics or progress whine about starvation mode and the goons who actually are in shape and their goals get met say it’s bullshit.

I did the same thing with Keto. A bunch of people told me “it doesn’t work” so after a week of research I found out that it “doesn’t work” in the sense that it doesn’t teach you great eating habits and it’s difficult to sustain and manage cravings (it’s hard) but it definitely does work, and a lot of the reason people think it wouldn’t work is because they think this “Starvation Mode” thing is real and not some weird counter-diet fad-marketing from the 80’s when bread sales started to tank and they had to scramble to make American fat again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't have a dog in the diet fight but I'm confused w/r/t how "starvation mode" would work from an evolutionary-bio standpoint

like, your body is like "uh-oh, I'm starving to death, better not use up any of this stored energy I was saving up just in case I was starving to death". What is the point of even storing the fat at all then?

It seems like that thing where you get an overpowered single-use item in a video game and never actually use it Just In Case You Need It Later

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

loquacius posted:

I don't have a dog in the diet fight but I'm confused w/r/t how "starvation mode" would work from an evolutionary-bio standpoint

like, your body is like "uh-oh, I'm starving to death, better not use up any of this stored energy I was saving up just in case I was starving to death". What is the point of even storing the fat at all then?

It seems like that thing where you get an overpowered single-use item in a video game and never actually use it Just In Case You Need It Later

I think the idea is that when your body identifies that it's getting far fewer calories than normal, it shuts down burning fat until the calorie intake actually hits zero.

I assume it's bullshit though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'Starvation mode' is just people who are addicted to food having withdrawal symptoms.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

That's right, if your body is starving you just straight up die rather than it consuming any and all stores of energy including fat and muscle to preserve vital functions.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Well I am a loving idiot, you're all probably right

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sees picture of a belly protruding on a starving orphan

"No wonder I'm fat! I've been starving myself like this kid!"

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Durzel posted:

That's right, if your body is starving you just straight up die rather than it consuming any and all stores of energy including fat and muscle to preserve vital functions.

This sounds like sarcasm, but people can and do die from starvation before fat stores are used up. Much less likely to happen if you're consuming 500 cal/d, but you're still going to see significant protein loss at that level of starvation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, I imagine processing stored calories is harder for a body than calories straight from the stomach, giving the body a threshold of starvation from just not having anything to eat at all. Wildly guessing, anyway.