Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

of all the many stupid aspects of that thing, the stainless steel body is easily the thing i understand the least

the delorean looks cool as gently caress. therefore stainless always looks cool as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

LifeSunDeath posted:

very human design, totally inscrutable and obtuse.

Humans are error-prone, which is why we need human-like robots to replace us.
Also; breed more.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kazil posted:

lol small business owner justifying the $100k toy as an investment

80% of cybrtrks are getting used for tax fraud and the other 20% are taking small arms fire for tik tok videos.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bird with big dick posted:

80% of cybrtrks are getting used for tax fraud and the other 20% are taking small arms fire for tik tok videos.

at least one is being used as an eventual automated ampuation engine

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

at least one is being used as an eventual automated ampuation engine

Could you imagine that thing being around during the French Revolution?

Also I would imagine some of them are being bought just for content creation.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Anderson Koopa posted:

I think I know which flooring company I'm going with, given the options.

The one that doesn't pass the cost of a $100,000 turbo-liability on to its customers?

Also I'd like the flooring company to arrive with some amount of actual flooring.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

imagine a flooring company actually trying to use a cybertruck as a fleet vehicle and not an advertisement and charging you for the expenses when it bricks in your driveway, blocking all your cars in your garage

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

imagine a flooring company actually trying to use a cybertruck as a fleet vehicle and not an advertisement and charging you for the expenses when it bricks in your driveway, blocking all your cars in your garage

That's an interesting point actually, is a standard flatbed tow truck powerful enough to tow the TRUKK?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Anderson Koopa posted:

That's an interesting point actually, is a standard flatbed tow truck powerful enough to tow the TRUKK?

yeah its only 5 tons

securing it is the problem, because it wasn't designed to ever be towed, from the ground-up

it was gonna be doing the towing

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Anderson Koopa posted:

Flatbeds aren't actually standard around here, the more common tow truck is a "wrecker" which picks up one half of a car and tows with the other wheels down.

Gonna take a wild guess that towing the Cybertruck wheels-down voids the warranty since both front and rear are coupled to motors?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zero VGS posted:

Flatbeds aren't actually standard around here, the more common tow truck is a "wrecker" which picks up one half of a car and tows with the other wheels down.

Gonna take a wild guess that towing the Cybertruck wheels-down voids the warranty since both front and rear are coupled to motors?

can't tow wheels-down, just like any AWD

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MrQwerty posted:

can't tow wheels-down, just like any AWD

lol yup, but this has a nice "bursts into flames" warning:

Can't a non-EV AWD be towed if it is functional enough to be shifted into neutral?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zero VGS posted:

Here's a statement from Tesla's website regarding towing services:

NEVER TRANSPORT YOUR VEHICLE WITH THE TIRES IN A POSITION WHERE THEY CAN SPIN. DOING SO CAN LEAD TO SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE AND OVERHEATING. IN RARE CASES EXTREME OVERHEATING MAY CAUSE THE SURROUNDING COMPONENTS TO IGNITE.

So only flatbed trucks

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zero VGS posted:

Can't an AWD be towed if it is functional enough to be shifted into neutral?

no, never do this, the driveshaft has to be physically disengaged for it to be guaranteed safe to tow on 2 wheels

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

NEVER TRANSPORT YOUR VEHICLE WITH THE TIRES IN A POSITION WHERE THEY CAN SPIN. DOING SO CAN LEAD TO SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE AND OVERHEATING. IN RARE CASES EXTREME OVERHEATING MAY CAUSE THE SURROUNDING COMPONENTS TO IGNITE.

So only flatbed trucks

Oh, that won't slow things down when you're waiting for a tow after some crazy off roading (you pulled into a rest area due to all the warnings).

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

MrQwerty posted:

yeah its only 5 tons

securing it is the problem, because it wasn't designed to ever be towed, from the ground-up

it was gonna be doing the towing

3.5 tons.

There's been like a hundred pictures of trvcks being towed on flatbeds ITT, I think it's fair to say they can be towed on a flatbed.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

if you want a unique vehicle to advertise your business just get an old panel truck and have a professional paint your logo on the side

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

rowkey bilbao posted:

Get an Elna Grasshopper if you like incredible designs from the forties. Those things look great, do the job, and they don't take poo poo from nobody.
Those things are so beautiful. I had to keep reminding myself that I already have three sewing machines.

https://sewinginsight.com/reviews/elna-grasshopper-review/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Those wrecker style tow trucks almost always have a second set of wheels that the end that isn’t attached to the truck rides on, for awd vehicles. I dunno if the cybertrvck would be too heavy for that though. Probably!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Maybe it's more of a big city thing but flat bed tow trucks are the default here, the only companies that use those wrecker style trucks are shady repo companies and shady parking enforcement companies which I believe basically 100% overlap.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

- Don't look at it. Looking at it ruins the Cybertruck.

- Don't sit in the driver's seat. Sitting in the driver's seat ruins the Cybertruck.

- Singing to the Cybertruck is okay. it's not

- Thinking about the Cybertruck ruins the Cybertruck.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s pretty impressive how fast the tow truck guys can get the 2nd set of wheels on although if they have the front lifted there is very little the owner can do if they come running out in the middle of a tow other than pay the drop fee.

Some areas have the trucks queuing up on a side street waiting for the no parking to kick in at 3pm for afternoon rush hour :haw:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zero VGS posted:

lol yup, but this has a nice "bursts into flames" warning:

Can't a non-EV AWD be towed if it is functional enough to be shifted into neutral?

Just don't ever break down or run out of power.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what did you think the bed was for? It for bringing a 4X4 and triwire and a charging port. Just connect to the nearest power line you idiot

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

So only flatbed trucks

How does the tires spinning cause it to overheat?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

angers the batteries

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kazil posted:

Electric motors are also electrical generators

This isn’t a cybertruck only thing this is an EV thing in general

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

this is why we have circuit breakers in our houses

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Free generative charging, you say

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Free generative charging, you say

Yeah. Get on the wheel and run

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Usually when EVs are not in operation, the circuit to charge the battery is not complete. But usually each axle is coupled to a single-speed gearbox that adjusts the ratio to the high RPM band that an electric motor wants, and that gearbox won't have the benefit of a liquid cooling loop while off.

Also if you wanna get nerdy, I think if it's a permanent magnet DC motor, as opposed to an AC motor, then it creates more heat from eddy losses when spun while powered off?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

elon's in a saucy mood today

this is why he's the memelord

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

because he doesn't understand what a dongle is?
None of those things are dongles

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

because he doesn't understand what a dongle is?
None of those things are dongles

Mumpy you just don't get it.

It has the word dong in it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
who uses flash drives? my students in hs don't even use flashdrives.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, is Elon a go back to the Gold Standard guy

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

kazil posted:

Did he get slighted by Tim Apple today or something? He’s clearly mad about Apple for some petty reason.

Also I use a usb-c to A adapter that I got cheap at Walmart and you could probably get one even less from aliexpress or something.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Mumpy you just don't get it.

It has the word dong in it.

Oh. It's a penis joke. I get penis jokes

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

kazil posted:

This one also helps you at your OTB tournaments.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

emSparkly posted:

Did he get slighted by Tim Apple today or something? He’s clearly mad about Apple for some petty reason.

Also I use a usb-c to A adapter that I got cheap at Walmart and you could probably get one even less from aliexpress or something.

this is the guy we let send things into space