Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stratego
May 6, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Did he get slighted by Tim Apple today or something? He’s clearly mad about Apple for some petty reason.

Also I use a usb-c to A adapter that I got cheap at Walmart and you could probably get one even less from aliexpress or something.

Maybe it's the talk of the apple-rivian partnership that set him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

'Fiat Currency is too hard to understand for my tiny brain'

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Third richest guy in the world: "money sure is bullshit uh"

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, is Elon a go back to the Gold Standard guy

He's a Doge Standard guy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Seriously, though, that's a new fact about Monopoly I learned thanks to big break genius Elon. Seems like it's a bad thing that would make a bad game worse, so it feels on point.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Seriously, though, that's a new fact about Monopoly I learned thanks to big break genius Elon. Seems like it's a bad thing that would make a bad game worse, so it feels on point.

Monopoly was stolen by the Parker Brothers from a widow, how much worse could it get?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

emSparkly posted:

Did he get slighted by Tim Apple today or something? He’s clearly mad about Apple for some petty reason.

Also I use a usb-c to A adapter that I got cheap at Walmart and you could probably get one even less from aliexpress or something.

probably it's this - Apple Nears Deal With OpenAI to Put ChatGPT on iPhone

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Wait... how did they end up there? The water looks too deep to drive through (even in a normal vehicle), but none of the grass seems to be flattened so they can't have driven over it. Were they driving along the five feet of muddy bank or something?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
it swam over

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

who is this for?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dumb investors

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Ugh. I’d rather not have OpenAI training their llm on the stuff I send my boyfriend.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Apple deserves mockery for their adapter hell, and Elon musk sucks and steals memes, both these things are true

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol this loving guy

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1789367875980943684

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 11, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

rowkey bilbao posted:

Third richest guy in the world: "money sure is bullshit uh"

This isn't even the first time he's done it. It's so pathetic seeing one of the richest people in the world complain about how it's unfair (to him)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Your product sucks so much I demand another one of your lovely products.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

yeah, get a lawyer Lamar

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Why are you posting this to Twitter? Would you post this if it happened in a Ford or Toyota??

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anderson Koopa posted:

This one also helps you at OTB tournaments.

Off Track Betting?

Oh, I get it, Out The Butt

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol :owned:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Why are you posting this to Twitter? Would you post this if it happened in a Ford or Toyota??

yes. even more so it the Toyota or Ford cost more than $100,000.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

Your product sucks so much I demand another one of your lovely products.

I mean the law's there so you can at least get a fresh shitbox and not the old one with 50 bandaids holding it together.

But uhhh yeah I think I'd want my money back lol

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Still loves the truck though. Otherwise he'd be asking for a refund.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Viscous Soda posted:

Wait... how did they end up there? The water looks too deep to drive through (even in a normal vehicle), but none of the grass seems to be flattened so they can't have driven over it. Were they driving along the five feet of muddy bank or something?

The cybertruxk can act briefly as a boat op

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Squibbles posted:

The cybertruxk can act briefly as a boat op

so can every car

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Off Track Betting?

Oh, I get it, Out The Butt

Over the Board Chess. It is very tightly regulated, someone suggested that Hans Niemann was concealing a device to communicate with the outside world.

Edit: To make this come full circle back to Musk, he and Musk had a debate about the strength of computers in chess.

https://www.indy100.com/viral/chess-elon-musk-hans-niemann

:nws: For text. https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/26/sport/hans-niemann-denies-sex-toys-cheating-chess-spt-intl/index.html :nws:

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 11, 2024

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

another clear example of THE GLOBALISTS trying to besmirch the blameless cvbvrtvk

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

because musk posts on twitter, theres a non zero chance musk sees the post.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Zero VGS posted:

I mean the law's there so you can at least get a fresh shitbox and not the old one with 50 bandaids holding it together.

But uhhh yeah I think I'd want my money back lol

Lemons exist, our fridge was serviced four times without resolution and we asked for a new one, which the manufacturer was did without complaint along with a completely new warranty for free, delivered and installed. Sometimes there is a perfect storm of random defectiveness where it makes sense just to replace the whole thing instead of expecting the consumer to wade through a Ship of Theseus warranty repair process. We are very happy with it since it's replacement and there doesn't seem to be widespread issues with them just constantly crapping out, we would actually recommend it with the foot note of our first one was poo poo but the company did us right.

My all accounts Cybertrucks are just poo poo products, this isn't a lemon, it's clearly a defective product because of design and/or the build process as designed. Run.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Viscous Soda posted:

can operate (briefly) as a boat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

because musk posts on twitter, theres a non zero chance musk sees the post.

musk doesn't have a job, all he does is google himself.
Elon Musk
Elon Musk
Elon Musk

Now he is reading this thread

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yes. even more so it the Toyota or Ford cost more than $100,000.

What's funny is that for 1/2 or maybe 2/3 if you wanted it fully loaded, you could get a Tacoma or Ranger that would be amazing to offroad in that will work for 200,000 miles, which you could sell it for easily like $10-20k.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol normal car manufacturers try to avoid lemon law returns at all costs, even going so far as to preemptively pay off people who are close to qualifying.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Zero VGS posted:

Also if you wanna get nerdy, I think if it's a permanent magnet DC motor, as opposed to an AC motor, then it creates more heat from eddy losses when spun while powered off?

Half right, permanent magnet AC motors, DC motors suck poo poo at speed regulation and maintenance. The permanent magnets let it function as a generator and increase efficiency.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

poisonpill posted:

What's funny is that for 1/2 or maybe 2/3 if you wanted it fully loaded, you could get a Tacoma or Ranger that would be amazing to offroad in that will work for 200,000 miles, which you could sell it for easily like $10-20k.

or you could get a ram for $25-30,000. Good truck, has 4X4, does what you need it to do

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Shifty Pony posted:

lol normal car manufacturers try to avoid lemon law returns at all costs, even going so far as to preemptively pay off people who are close to qualifying.

buying direct from the factory, then returning because of lemon laws is unheard of

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

motherfuckers keep walking right into this scam

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

are lemon laws that powerfu/ that good for the consumer? are they like tree law but for cars and vehicles?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

or you could get a ram for $25-30,000. Good truck, has 4X4, does what you need it to do

Lol at good truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

PhazonLink posted:

are lemon laws that powerfu/ that good for the consumer? are they like tree law but for cars and vehicles?

In most states the lemon laws are great for consumers. Car companies hate them because the law can force them to buy the car back AND the car gets permanently branded as a lemon, which kills the resale value.