Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AlmightyBob posted:

I'd really love to hear one of these people explain why they think it's worth above new msrp

cold pressed steel!
cold rolled steel.
It's something about cold steel, I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

cold pressed steel!
cold rolled steel.

gonna have to the the frunk demo with a pig carcass now

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

AlmightyBob posted:

I'd really love to hear one of these people explain why they think it's worth above new msrp

I thought it was because they signed a contract with monetary penalties if they resell it too early? It’s factoring in the check they have to write to Tesla. Of course Elon’s probably fired the people who receive the checks anyway.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

cold pressed steel!
cold rolled steel.

actually musk said its air bended because his ket brain caught avatar during one of his blackout sessions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elviscat posted:

Dang, how big were those bullets?

That was from a shopping cart. They spent so much time testing it against bullets, they never even thought about shopping carts.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

AlmightyBob posted:

If it actually runs, it's a one-of-a-kind

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

gonna have to the the frunk demo with a pig carcass now

a pig roast, no that doesn't seem right either

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Pocket posted:

I’m having a hard time naming any execs except for Bernie Madoff, the Steve jobs woman and SBF seeing the inside of a prison since the Enron era for white collar crimes.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for there being consequences for the Musk crew.

Musk is as likely to go to jail as Trump, which is to say 0% no matter how many crimes they do. When you're at that tier laws don't apply.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I would simply buy the prison and issue a notice banning myself from the premises if I was in danger of being sent there

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

MunchE posted:

Musk is as likely to go to jail as Trump, which is to say 0% no matter how many crimes they do. When you're at that tier laws don't apply.
I'm not saying it's likely or even probable, but there's a legit federal investigation into the Full Self Driving BS that he personally has been pushing for years, which has led to the deaths of a a lot of people. And what's worse, it may have negatively impacted investors

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

actually musk said its air bended because his ket brain caught avatar during one of his blackout sessions.

it was the M. Night Shyamalan one, wasn't it?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Captain Hygiene posted:

Little known trick, the Cybertruck's value actually goes up each time you drive it off the lot, so you can just circle around a few extra times to get some more money in your pocket

Naturally. It means your cybertruck isn't totally busted so each venture gives more proof that you have one of the few working models out there

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Speed reboot but with cybertruck

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
STILL

LOVE

THE

CAR

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The real life Tony Stark

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

big lol at getting out and getting back in being being the way to re-enable the rear wheel steering

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

The real life Tony Stank

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

driving the car voids the warranty, you're supposed to also buy a flatbed and strap it into that if you want to move it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

looooooooooool these cars are universally hated

This is a work of art.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

driving the car voids the warranty, you're supposed to also buy a flatbed and strap it into that if you want to move it

they were hyperloop train cars all along

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Was talking about the cyber lemon with my brother yesterday and made the observation that I don't think it will be released in Australia. Wanted to check that and found that as of december last year we could expect it on our roads (no word on whether it will be released with the drivers position on the right-hand side or whether it will be all left-hand drive models).

I did find this image on the Tesla australia sub-domain though...

Maybe I'm biased but my first thought was "Why would they photograph it in a rubish-dump..? Oh.. of course."

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Cable Guy posted:

Was talking about the cyber lemon with my brother yesterday and made the observation that I don't think it will be released in Australia. Wanted to check that and found that as of december last year we could expect it on our roads (no word on whether it will be released with the drivers position on the right-hand side or whether it will be all left-hand drive models).

Maybe I'm biased but my first thought was "Why would they photograph it in a rubish-dump..? Oh.. of course."

lol I literally thought that was a dump as well

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the boat is longer than the flatbed and that cooler takes out like 1/4 of its space?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cable Guy posted:

that is a lot of helmets

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
why are their sleeping bags still in thier stuff bags

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Still hilarious to me that tweeting at Elon is the commonly understood way to get help

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WhyteRyce posted:

Still hilarious to me that tweeting at Elon is the commonly understood way to get help

I mean, before he self,medicated his way into insanity, it actually was possible to effect change by tweeting at him and mentioning a change that would be good.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WhyteRyce posted:

how much has Tesla stock lost in the last six months

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

FilthyImp posted:

I mean, before he self,medicated his way into insanity, it actually was possible to effect change by tweeting at him and mentioning a change that would be good.

You still can if you ask him to unban nazis.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Cable Guy posted:

I think Tesla said they won't be changing the steering wheel for countries who use it on the other side

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cable Guy posted:

Interesting image there. Taking the car off road voids the warrantee.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

PhazonLink posted:

the boat is longer than the flatbed and that cooler takes out like 1/4 of its space?

You can see it has the stupidest little roof rack thingy over the bed and glass, presumably the kayak was strapped to that, pointing 30⁰ at the sky.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
oh that image is staged as hell, there's no way all that poo poo fit in the truck unless you filled all the other passenger seats with crap.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Interesting image there. Taking the car off road voids the warrantee.

oh I did a tesla edit for Super Happy Fun Ball and there's a line "Do not use on concrete."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Me and my four best mates, in our five matching helmets, heading down to the lake to go out in our single shared kayak, having a blast, just out of frame

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Neeksy posted:

oh that image is staged as hell, there's no way all that poo poo fit in the truck unless you filled all the other passenger seats with crap.

are you saying that Elon Musk has lied to us?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

oh I did a tesla edit for Super Happy Fun Ball and there's a line "Do not use on concrete."

lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

help, my cybertrck is unsafe to drive. also it appears to be suffering from an error of some kind.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Buce posted:

help, my cybertrck is unsafe to drive. also it appears to be suffering from an error of some kind.

Cybertruck failures actually make it safer to drive, the safest cybertruck is one that doesn’t drive at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Can’t have regretted user-seconds if the trukkk is in the shop