Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

911, during a discussion of a cadaver shortage impacting medical education
J: [...] Realdolls aren't filled with guts, are they?
S: Yeah, they are now, the newest ones. I mean 2.0, where you been? 'Is this one filled with guts? My bro wants to know if this is filled with guts.'
J: Because I was just thinking, are people getting them and getting like really crazy with them?
S: You mean as opposed to the people that have just bought a sex doll? Are they getting extra crazier than the doll they're loving?
J: Yeah, are they doing crazier things than loving it--
S: Yeah!
J: --like with anatomy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

a beautiful mind

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

911, during a discussion of a cadaver shortage impacting medical education
J: [...] Realdolls aren't filled with guts, are they?
S: Yeah, they are now, the newest ones. I mean 2.0, where you been? 'Is this one filled with guts? My bro wants to know if this is filled with guts.'
J: Because I was just thinking, are people getting them and getting like really crazy with them?
S: You mean as opposed to the people that have just bought a sex doll? Are they getting extra crazier than the doll they're loving?
J: Yeah, are they doing crazier things than loving it--
S: Yeah!
J: --like with anatomy?

"I don't think I could ever buy a real doll because I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to punch it in the face."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
So Jonathan essentially thinks a realdoll is the same thing as a firearms training dummy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Please tell me that is for research purposes and not gun owners telling on themselves

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Waste of Breath posted:

Please tell me that is for research purposes and not gun owners telling on themselves

haha oh dear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2szdqs0S0&t=1144s

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
I'm American, I already knew the answer

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It’s okay he’s a zombie

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
It's not just gun owners either, it's also sword guys (I know that Venn diagram is pretty much a circle, but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7FE_50IFvA

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Ep description for 1022 has me freaked out and I can't listen to it for a min I hope it's all 🆗!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Waste of Breath posted:

Ep description for 1022 has me freaked out and I can't listen to it for a min I hope it's all 🆗!

About halfway through now and it seems normal so far

e:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6hP0vdSUME/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=4b371a3c-efc3-4d3a-a8f0-877fc237c97e

quote:

Just writing here to let people know that Seth and I both have some family stuff going on at the moment and so please forgive any delay in release schedules and merch order fulfillment. We are ok and so is everyone else just got a lot on the plate. There may be some construction zone tape on the website as we re tool some things. Thank you for you patience and support. Speaking of support we are independent listener supported. Please if you listen consider pledging to us @patreon Any issues or questions hit me up. 💋

mcvey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 17, 2024

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Seth almost getting ejected from the Bosh shoot is so good

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Hope they’re all good. Was worried a little at the end of the latest ep when jah implies the patreon model isn’t working out.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Hope they’re all good. Was worried a little at the end of the latest ep when jah implies the patreon model isn’t working out.

well it could've worked out if they used the same model as everyone else does with one free and one premium ep every week

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The game has changed significantly since they got on board. And we seem to be at the start of a general podcast/patreon bust.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cached Money posted:

well it could've worked out if they used the same model as everyone else does with one free and one premium ep every week

being normal was never an option

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Astrochicken posted:

The game has changed significantly since they got on board. And we seem to be at the start of a general podcast/patreon bust.

Not really, they were late to the patreon hustle and then because of their somewhat detrimental commitment to keeping the podcast free didn't really have any real perks for people that became patrons. Love the boys and the pod, but they're really bad at the business end of the operation.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Getting an ad at the start of 1023. And on Patreon Jonathan says they're releasing video for all of them now, so guess they're going ad-supported?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

GraPar posted:

Getting an ad at the start of 1023. And on Patreon Jonathan says they're releasing video for all of them now, so guess they're going ad-supported?

Honestly if they want to put ads at the beginning (where I can easily skip them) I say go for it, get that $$$ and I still don’t have to hear it. Win-win.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

GraPar posted:

ah gently caress no c’mon

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

gross

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I mean, I already mash the +30 seconds button to skip the song, so I don't have a problem with front loaded ads that I can skip. The dudes are getting paid and that makes me happy.

I know some podcasts that have bookend ads, and a 4 minute ad break in the middle that's read by the host, so it's hard to tell when it ends.

I forget which podcast it was but the host made a distinct musical track that only played during his ads, so if you heard that, keep skipping

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

This is Jonathan's message from Patreon:

So I have been meaning to write and I still will. However among a slew of other things. Uhh Yeah Dude is a video podcast now available on Spotify. That is to say that we put up the video only and places that don't yet support video pull the audio from that. So assuming things are working correctly .....long pause for that ..... the Uhh Yeah Dude show you are subscribed should still all be intact but as of last episode it is available as video as well. Let me know if that makes sense and or if you are experiencing any difficulty getting the show. I will post more this week about other stuff happening over here. sending love.

all gratitude no attitude

JPL

oh also im not sure what to do exactly with the YouTube full episodes from here on out as it is redundant at this point kinda and yeah so I haven't put 1022 or 1023 up there but Im open to suggestions there.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

So Spotify is inserting the ads as part of serving the audio is my read of that?

E: ugh mid roll ads too, that’s pretty sour

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Red Baron posted:

So Spotify is inserting the ads as part of serving the audio is my read of that?

E: ugh mid roll ads too, that’s pretty sour

I listen to the podcast through an app called Downcast and they're there too

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

spotify generates the file with ads in it and thats what gets uploaded everywhere else

knowing Jah he has no idea that this happened or pressed the wrong button

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Beastie posted:

Yeah, I use Overcast

I wonder if they’re going to do a “free with ads” and a “also if you’re a patron here’s a special link” but that seems a little beyond their technical purview.

mistermojo posted:

knowing Jah he has no idea that this happened or pressed the wrong button

Exactly.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
At this point we're lucky Jonathan hasn't accidentally deleted every episode, then deleted every archive and backup trying to fix it

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Red Baron posted:

I wonder if they’re going to do a “free with ads” and a “also if you’re a patron here’s a special link” but that seems a little beyond their technical purview.

If they don't, that might be it for me. The only podcasts I listen to are ones I can pay to enjoy without ads. I hope Jah can figure it out.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

At this point we're lucky Jonathan hasn't accidentally deleted every episode, then deleted every archive and backup trying to fix it

Remember at the beginning of the Patreon when he sent out the USBs for the archived episodes loose in envelopes so they got eaten by the mail sorting machines? Lol, love our large weed himbo.

Beastie posted:

I mean, I already mash the +30 seconds button to skip the song,

:mods:

Markovnikov fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 24, 2024

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Red Baron posted:

Didn't they already have this for live episodes which were gated behind a certain Patreon tier?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

If they don't, that might be it for me. The only podcasts I listen to are ones I can pay to enjoy without ads. I hope Jah can figure it out.

This is me also. I love what they do but the adamant “no ads user supported” vibe was a big draw. If they can’t do that anymore I can understand and no avarice for it, but I’m out. I hope they have all the success they rightly deserve.

Badly Jester posted:

Didn't they already have this for live episodes which were gated behind a certain Patreon tier?

Maybe? I don’t know.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Red Baron posted:

Maybe? I don’t know.

They did, for a while, but then they stopped, or they haven't had any live eps for a while (besides 1000 which was on the main feed). From my podcast app feed for the extra live eps feed, it seems to have started with ep 589 about 6 years ago (oh god), and up to ep 908 from 2 years ago.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The comments on Jah's patreon post are echoing the same concern and confusion here. Jah hasn't commented but he has liked a bunch that talk about ad free for patreon, still putting the videos on Youtube, etc.

Really just seems like he hosed up and or didn't know what he was doing.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Markovnikov posted:

They did, for a while, but then they stopped, or they haven't had any live eps for a while (besides 1000 which was on the main feed). From my podcast app feed for the extra live eps feed, it seems to have started with ep 589 about 6 years ago (oh god), and up to ep 908 from 2 years ago.

Oh I guess maybe I watched the live eps on YouTube but I thought they also showed up in Overcast? If they didn’t that would explain how I saw them. Or I missed them entirely and am having HPPD. I’m a consistent listener but I’ve had some sabbaticals so might have missed them.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Beastie posted:

The comments on Jah's patreon post are echoing the same concern and confusion here. Jah hasn't commented but he has liked a bunch that talk about ad free for patreon, still putting the videos on Youtube, etc.

Really just seems like he hosed up and or didn't know what he was doing.

Whatever the case I’m sending them love and wish them the best for everything they’ve given me over nearly 20 years.

Little other entertainment comes close to that kind of thing.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Red Baron posted:

Oh I guess maybe I watched the live eps on YouTube but I thought they also showed up in Overcast? If they didn’t that would explain how I saw them. Or I missed them entirely and am having HPPD. I’m a consistent listener but I’ve had some sabbaticals so might have missed them.

They might have merged them back into the feed at some point (908 seems to be in both, but the previous live ep 742 is not in my main feed for example), no idea if this feed even still exists or is just an echo remaining in my podcast app. There's also 1 Jah songs pod, which was supposed to be an ongoing thing lol. Our boy is not exactly consistent.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Markovnikov posted:

They might have merged them back into the feed at some point (908 seems to be in both, but the previous live ep 742 is not in my main feed for example), no idea if this feed even still exists or is just an echo remaining in my podcast app. There's also 1 Jah songs pod, which was supposed to be an ongoing thing lol. Our boy is not exactly consistent.

Lol yeah technical consistency is not a thing the boys are known for, bless their hearts

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Whatever the boys gotta do to stay alive+happy and continue to give me the goods, I support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Whatever the boys gotta do to stay alive+happy and continue to give me the goods, I support.