Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Aww, neat, Wave 2 deluxes will be coming with comics after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The comics should combine too into a trade.

I mean if you are gonna do a gimmick see it through!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Devy' not coming right away, so maybe save up a bit and wait for him? Assuming he looks good of course.

I'm having a hard time thinking of what Generations Transformer in recent memory has looked like rear end.

Like even Scoop in all his mundane glory looked like Scoop, Voyager Grimlock while flawed still looked like Grimlock.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You're being too literal, boss.

e: V Don't demean hobbits that way. Actually with shorter legs Lockdown woulda really reminded me of BM Primal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lockdown looked like he just popped out of his hobbit hole, all stocky and misshapen? And then his legs fall off.

They always fall off.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm having a hard time thinking of what Generations Transformer in recent memory has looked like rear end.

Like even Scoop in all his mundane glory looked like Scoop, Voyager Grimlock while flawed still looked like Grimlock.

Asstron Prime. Asstron transforms into a huge butt. He looks like rear end.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

Gluteus Maximus. He will be dismayed to find his relative has been replaced by a succession of jamokes wearing his skin. You do not want to be there when he elects to "bring the noise".

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Phy posted:

Gluteus Maximus. He will be dismayed to find his relative has been replaced by a succession of jamokes wearing his skin. You do not want to be there when he elects to "bring the noise".

Together they combine to form Omega Bum who can change into an orbital strike platform able to devastate and pollute whole planets with his fearsome shart cannon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

Devy' not coming right away, so maybe save up a bit and wait for him? Assuming he looks good of course.
If their whole hog, all-in, ultimate combiner of the third most-famous transformer of all time isn't anything less than a monument to perfection(as much as a large-scale produced toy can be) then they will have lost my faith forever

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
KO Ratbat is nice.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mags all "ICK A BAT GEDDITOFF GEDDITOFF GEDDITOFF GEDDITOFF GEDDITOFF"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's not what they're saying!

I have mine posed very like those, and Ultra Magnus is explaining the fine points of law to Ratbat, whose response to literally everything is "RAISE TAXES" because he, like the other Casseticons, are literally Pokemon.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

KO Ratbat is nice.

Yeah he is. Totally worth the $20, and not the $200 it would have cost to get a Soundblaster.

Not that I have anything against Soundblaster, it's just that I don't wanna drop 2 bills to get another Soundwave in different colors.

I mean, yeah, I would really like to have the MP-11 Starscream and Skywarp to replace my Wal-Mart ones, but I just can't chuck around that kinda capital for toys I pretty much already own

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Hell yeah for KO Ratbat, he's on the arm of my MP Soundwave and cost £12.

The FansProject MADLAW (Quickswitch) looks awesome too but I can't afford it this month. I hate you Taxman.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Goldskull posted:

Hell yeah for KO Ratbat, he's on the arm of my MP Soundwave and cost £12.

The FansProject MADLAW (Quickswitch) looks awesome too but I can't afford it this month. I hate you Taxman.

Yeah I want him but gently caress if Christmas didn't put me way into the hole. I guess I can live without.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah I want him but gently caress if Christmas didn't put me way into the hole. I guess I can live without.
Look at how far back you can order from FP's catalogue on BBTS. Pretty certain their products are now produced in a quantity that gives you lots and lots of time to pick it up four to eight months from now after reviews and time to save up.

Hell they had Smart Robins in stock last week, right after I bought one off chimungmung for more.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Anyone have thoughts on the KO cassettes? I need to just finish that set and $23 is a lot better than $70.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I got Sigma L today. He totally needs to come with a scythe instead of two shotguns. Any ideas of one that would fit him? Transformation is pretty easy but man, what a sexy 'bot mode.

Bring on Skullcruncher, please!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I got Sigma L today. He totally needs to come with a scythe instead of two shotguns. Any ideas of one that would fit him? Transformation is pretty easy but man, what a sexy 'bot mode.

One of the fansproject things came with a scythe. And a Generations Blitzwing upgrade kit. Also you could probably take a scythe off a 1/100 Deathscythe but that would leave my Deathscythe sans a scythe and I can't have that.

poo poo man now I almost want that Blitzwing upgrade just so I can give a scythe to Sigma L

Spiderdrake posted:

Look at how far back you can order from FP's catalogue on BBTS. Pretty certain their products are now produced in a quantity that gives you lots and lots of time to pick it up four to eight months from now after reviews and time to save up.

Hell they had Smart Robins in stock last week, right after I bought one off chimungmung for more.

Yeah back in the day you had to preorder those fuckers and pray, but honestly it probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

You can even get MT Giant fairly easily as they keep re-re-releasing him.

Now they just need to do that for the MP Shockwave I missed out on the first three times.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wait why would they think Gen. Blitzwing needed a scythe? I only remember two addon kits and none of them had one, is there a third?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I think I found what he was talking about, and it was just photographed with Blitzwing. It looks pretty good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If anything they need to make Add-On kits for Generations Double Dealer

Like a proper huge rear end rocket and some bird bits for the plane mode.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Magnus's angry/surprised/screaming face is so great, I'll never put the regular face back on.

therealjon_ posted:

Anyone have thoughts on the KO cassettes? I need to just finish that set and $23 is a lot better than $70.
I just got KO Ratbat today and it is basically perfect as far as I am concerned so I have to assume the other KO cassettes are just fine, roll for it!

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I am absolutely in love with Sigma L (I'm a sucker for articulated wings, and those colors!), but totally agree on the shotguns. Toys dual wielding shot guns is a pet peeve of mine, and they can almost never double hand a single one either

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Wait why would they think Gen. Blitzwing needed a scythe? I only remember two addon kits and none of them had one, is there a third?

Why does he need a scythe? gently caress if I know. But he got one.

The Taint Reaper posted:

If anything they need to make Add-On kits for Generations Double Dealer

Like a proper huge rear end rocket and some bird bits for the plane mode.

This has actually been made and I was considering it, but I don't really wanna pay $40 for just a rocket.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Gammatron 64 posted:

This has actually been made and I was considering it, but I don't really wanna pay $40 for just a rocket.

A Double Dealer add-on kit? Got a link?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

therealjon_ posted:

Absolutely worth my money. No problems at all and looks great.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lepecard posted:

A Double Dealer add-on kit? Got a link?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMY10003&mode=retail

It's literally just a big rocket and a thing to clip it on the tank barrel.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So there's a wave 2 case of Two Powerglides, 3 Huffers, and 3 Blackjacks.

Better get Bombshell, Thundercracker, and Windcharger while you can,

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I finally jumped into third party stuff with some Animated goodness, Bluster and Trench.

Great stuff, really clever reuse of the legs on each one. Plastic feels great too, def gonna look into more third party.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

So there's a wave 2 case of Two Powerglides, 3 Huffers, and 3 Blackjacks.

Better get Bombshell, Thundercracker, and Windcharger while you can,

Bombshell is solid, but he feels incomplete without a minicon partner, or just a weapon.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

Bombshell is solid, but he feels incomplete without a minicon partner, or just a weapon.

Yeah the no weapons thing is something I am not fond of.

Huffer comes with a gun I think and Blackjack has an axe.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

If anyone finds an extra Bombshell I would like for you to pick it up for me please. :3:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Why does he need a scythe? gently caress if I know. But he got one.

Even if I had the new version of Double Dealer that is pretty drat ridiculous for that much cash. On that note any good spots to find that upgrade kit for HFTD Bludgeon? I really want to replace those droopy weapons.

Digging stuff out of storage presently should have some pics up for you guys soonish. Got some bins I need to scour for hidden bits.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The new version of Double Dealer is pretty good. Granted I don't care for the plane alt mode because I wanted a big mutant bird since all the Decepticons have been pretty normal and I miss that freakish bizarre bad guy element. But his tank and robot modes are solid and his colors are properly done.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah I like Doubledealer. More than Blitzwing. But yeah, I don't like him enough to spend $35 on a missile for him. I could probably figure a way to mount the missile from the G1 toy if I really wanted.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah I like Doubledealer. More than Blitzwing. But yeah, I don't like him enough to spend $35 on a missile for him. I could probably figure a way to mount the missile from the G1 toy if I really wanted.

Yeah for 35 bucks you could buy Universe 2.0 Autobot Countdown an Ultra Class figure, and mount the missile from that onto Double Dealer.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
Well I guess now's as good a time as any to post my incredible Doubledealer bird fanmode:

As you can see it totally saves the toy. You're welcome everybody.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CyRaptor posted:

Well I guess now's as good a time as any to post my incredible Doubledealer bird fanmode:

This looks like a Generations version of that Beast Wars eagle-shark fuzor.

Does Doubledealer still have Blitzwing's shoulder problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

CyRaptor posted:

I think that's pretty cool.