Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

botany posted:

yyeah those other NA carries who are better than EE, like

Obviously RTZ's not available, Fear retiring is not guaranteed, Mason at TI4 wasn't the dumpster fire that EE was in any of the tournaments since Shanghai, etc. NA doesn't have the talent pool that other regions do but EE is so highly overrated right now I think it would be a huge mistake for any top team to pick him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
ad there's the unironic mason post

i giv up actually

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I think EE plays dota too risky like demon used to and he needs to play half as risky and he'll be winning more. He tries to be too efficient and it backfires.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cargo shorts loving really.

they need to quit with this garbage.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
how about you quit with your garbage huh

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

the town owns

has this asa akira kid said anything all game?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
*scowls at camrea*

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Internet Kraken posted:

EE is a really good carry when he isn't making questionable decisions that result in him getting ganked for the 4th time that match.

That's probably the most important part of being a carry duder. Last hitting creeps is the easy part. You're the most important player lategame; if you get stupidly caught out, your team is hosed.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

botany posted:

how about you quit with your garbage huh

Defending EE and mafia? Did you also sign the petition for a slack announcer pack?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can't even imagine this poo poo being fun actually playin it.

Internet Kraken posted:

EE is a really good carry when he isn't making questionable decisions that result in him getting ganked for the 4th time that match.

he's the dumbest buybacker in dota history.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe they should invite Mason to play Mafia....

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Angrymantium posted:

Defending EE and mafia? Did you also sign the petition for a slack announcer pack?

i wasnt defending ee you dumbo, i was just pointing out that NA has not other carries right now. mafia is cool though, and slacks is awful. please follow and subscribe for more opinions

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Angrymantium posted:

Obviously RTZ's not available, Fear retiring is not guaranteed, Mason at TI4 wasn't the dumpster fire that EE was in any of the tournaments since Shanghai, etc. NA doesn't have the talent pool that other regions do but EE is so highly overrated right now I think it would be a huge mistake for any top team to pick him up.

mason playing faceless void.avi

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sphyre posted:

has this asa akira kid said anything all game?
I believe you mean Ender Wiggin

and he's having to now

HotBid doing stupid poo poo in this game FYI

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Kainser posted:

I've honestly always been curious how the MVP contract worked what with them being literally the only Korean organization invested in dota. I mean If they had a competitive salary etc.

No

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lmaooooo

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

I know we all like to joke about the guy but lets be real here, he's not worse than other NA carries

He actually is

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Taffer posted:

He actually is

Look man I'm not trying to say he's good but he's in no way worse than people like ritsu or TC or patsoul

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

DC would have won if they kept TC

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Red Red Blue posted:

Look man I'm not trying to say he's good but he's in no way worse than people like ritsu or TC or patsoul

You forgot massive NA luminaries BSJ and Yawar

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

BSJ on a legit pro team would own

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
patsoul owns

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
There's a patch.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/23584/

quote:

6.88c
====

* Disruption illusion damage taken increased from 150% to 200%
* Echo Stomped units no longer get targeted by towers or creeps (like nightmare)
* Echo Stomp damage decreased from 85/110/135/160 to 70/100/130/160
* Starstorm Aghanim upgrade no longer releases a second meteor
* Reactive Armor duration decreased from 14/16/18/20 to 10/13/16/19
* Gust cooldown increased from 13 to 16/15/14/13
* Chronosphere cooldown increased from 130/115/100 to 140/125/110
* False Promise cooldown increased from 90/60/30 to 100/65/30
* Lina's Base Attack Time improved from 1.7 to 1.6
* Rupture damage increased from 26/42/60% to 30/45/60%
* Leshrac's movement speed increased from 320 to 325
* Living Armor regeneration bonus increased from 4/7/10/13 to 4/8/12/16
* Stone Form stun delay reduced from 0.85 to 0.55
* Lane creeps now give 35% of experience when denied by neutrals rather than 20% (normal player denies give 50% experience).
Buffing all the heroes that didn't get picked at TI, nerfing Mirana Agh's and a couple other superstars of TI6, and... buffing offlaners?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
offlane desperately needs something to be A Thing again, apart from that im missing techies and lesh buffs

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Gross, a Pubseeker buff :vomarine:

botany posted:

offlane desperately needs something to be A Thing again, apart from that im missing techies and lesh buffs

Lesh got 5 more movespeed.

I dunno if that's gonna really change anything for him and Lina in comp though cause raindrops still exist.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

botany posted:

That Thing was Iron Talon, which means that everyone just fucks off from the offlane at the slightest sign of trouble.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Taffer posted:

He actually is

BSJ puts lie to this statement

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

BSJ puts lie to this statement

BSJ is better than EE

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

botany posted:

Techies is good enough to get picked by The International Champions: The Wings Gaming, so no buffs needed imo

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Taffer posted:

BSJ is better than EE

:eyepop:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I thought we would get a patch on the 23rd with Pitlord, but I guess not any more.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Red Red Blue posted:

I agree with your main point but I remember ritsu being a pretty solid player except that he's actually a horrible person and should never be on a team

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

who else is enjoying the town here? game four is coming up soon! :) https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dicks assassin posted:

I thought we would get a patch on the 23rd with Pitlord, but I guess not any more.

theres a patch next week with pitlord and the new postgame ui

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Casual reminder that after being told he had lost the best mid player in the world, PPD replaced him with a random pub player who had zero LAN experience and won TI. Similarly, Moo was a no-name on a team who's crowning achievement was winning $4000 at BTS America before getting picked up by DC. There's talent out there

Also, while EE sometimes plays like a normal carry, I've watched him single-handedly lose a countless number of winnable games for his team over the years and I just don't know how any team aiming to be the best in the world would want that kind of liability

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I don't know why Rupture needs that buff, given that anyone who is ruptured is 98% guaranteed to be stuck in a choice where they either take Rupture damage or right-click damage from the guy who cast it. I've never seen any situation where it benefitted the recipient to run away, especially since that'll just result in minimap awareness and a faster bloodshitter.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Casual reminder that after being told he had lost the best mid player in the world, PPD replaced him with a random pub player who had zero LAN experience and won TI. Similarly, Moo was a no-name on a team who's crowning achievement was winning $4000 at BTS America before getting picked up by DC. There's talent out there

It happens everywhere. Socksha was a big part of DC but it's not like Mama's Boys was a great team. Somebody could leave some poo poo NA team and become a star.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know why Rupture needs that buff, given that anyone who is ruptured is 98% guaranteed to be stuck in a choice where they either take Rupture damage or right-click damage from the guy who cast it. I've never seen any situation where it benefitted the recipient to run away, especially since that'll just result in minimap awareness and a faster bloodshitter.

sometimes moving out of blood rite or under a tower or to your team is an option, it just tilts that evaluation slightly more in stryg's favor but no it's not going to make him meta or we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

There are so many situations where moving during rupture is correct.

• Locked thread