Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPMnafKnBI

So that's Ratner, Spacey and Weinstein that MacFarlane has correctly ID'ed a sexual predator in a joke so far.
(I didn't say good joke....)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Open Source Idiom posted:

If you're talking about Kalinda being bi, that's not it. I think. Everyone's being very coy.

No that poo poo was obvious by episode 8, and her being into women by episode 2.

zoux posted:

So that's Ratner, Spacey and Weinstein that MacFarlane has correctly ID'ed a sexual predator in a joke so far.

Now I'm starting to wonder about McFarlane.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah McFarlane's been like the canary in the coal mine lately.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Ratner has been known about in non-joke form for years, Munn went public about him jerking off with shrimp fat in like 2012/2013ish.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Ratner has been known about in non-joke form for years, Munn went public about him jerking off with shrimp fat in like 2012/2013ish.

What in the gently caress?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

What in the gently caress?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/04/brett-ratner-olivia-munn-sex_n_1075626.html

So yeah

quote:

In Olivia Munn’s memoir, “Suck It, Wonder Woman!: The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek,” the far-too-intimate details of a short relationship with a bigwig Hollywood director are amongst many tales she recalled from her early days in Hollywood. Details such as seeing, “a grown man in an oversized shirt holding his undersized manhood in hands glistening with shrimp fat.”

On Thursday, Ratner came clean, saying that he was that bigwig director, but denied ever having such glistening, self-pleasuring hands.

“I used to date Olivia Munn, I’ll be honest with everyone here. But when she was ‘Lisa.’ She wasn’t Asian back then,” he said. “She was hanging out on my set of ‘After the Sunset,’ I banged her a few times, but I forgot her. Because she changed her name. I didn’t know it was the same person and so when she auditioned for me for a TV show, I forgot her, she got pissed off, and so she made up all these stories about me eating shrimp and masturbating in my trailer. And she talked about my shortcomings.”

edit: i was also wrong about the timing, the book came out in 2010 and the news articles in 2011.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 2, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/926144377008902144

I hadn't heard about this.

There was a good tweet going around yesterday:
2016: All your favorite celebrities die
2017: All your favorite celebrities are sex pests

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Actually, it’s “All your favorite celebrities die / All your favorite celebrities are dead to you.”

Although, was Danny Masterson anyone’s favorite anything?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

2018: All your sex pests die?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just how many multi million dollar suits a week does this firm have to win to stay solvent? It seems they're always barely treading water.

At least they're not constantly breaking up, merging, unmerging, being taken over, being dissolved etc. every episode like in the first two seasons.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

fwiw all three of those have been open secrets/jokes for years.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

esperterra posted:

fwiw all three of those have been open secrets/jokes for years.

I had heard about the other two but not Spacey. Is there anyone else that is well known that we're all just waiting on the news to break about?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

I had heard about the other two but not Spacey. Is there anyone else that is well known that we're all just waiting on the news to break about?
Yeah I didn't know about them either. Not even Weinstein, when the news broke I had to look him up. I knew he was a famous producer but I didn't realize he was a famous producer behind some of my favorite stuff

Also:

https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/926143854201397248

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Croatoan posted:

Bryan Singer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Where y'all talking about Mindhunters a few pages ago? Bc I've been watching and I loving love it, and I hate murder/cop shows. Its feels really intelligent.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I stopped watching Z Nation a while ago, but want to pick it up again. Last thing I remember is the bald buff dude infiltrating Murphy's compound & pretending to be a zombie. Anyone know what season/episode this was?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Where y'all talking about Mindhunters a few pages ago? Bc I've been watching and I loving love it, and I hate murder/cop shows. Its feels really intelligent.

There's a thread for it

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mike12345 posted:

I stopped watching Z Nation a while ago, but want to pick it up again. Last thing I remember is the bald buff dude infiltrating Murphy's compound & pretending to be a zombie. Anyone know what season/episode this was?

That was last season, Welcome to Murphytown, s03e07

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

Yeah I didn't know about them either. Not even Weinstein, when the news broke I had to look him up. I knew he was a famous producer but I didn't realize he was a famous producer behind some of my favorite stuff

I wasn't surprised about Weinstein, some of his antics were covered pretty well in a book I (mostly) read about 10 years ago Down and Dirty Pictures. Don't recall there being any sexual stuff, just about how much of an insane rear end in a top hat he was/is to pretty much everyone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

less laughter posted:

Bryan Singer.

He keeps things legal and consensual, as far as I know. Same with John Waters and Larry Clark; they probably (definitely) have hosed up urges or fascinations, but (again, AFAIK) have never actually done anything about it.

It's like Hal Hartley, kinda. While he made The Unbelievable Truth he fell deeply, pathologically in love with Adrienne Shelley (who, despite being 24, was playing a high school girl and looked about 14, especially with how tiny she was). His next film was Trust which, while being possibly the best film I have ever seen (no joke), is about a guy (Martin Donovan) who is in his mid-20s and just happens to look exactly like Hal Hartley, who falls in love with a high school dropout played by Adrienne Shelley (though it's heavily implied she's 18, not that that makes it any less weird). Their relationship is almost completely asexual, and in fact, it can be argued they aren't in love at all (it's one of the central themes of the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTok_lIkHPc )

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

less laughter posted:

Bryan Singer.

The news broke years ago. He just used being gay to deflect it long before Kevin Spacey ever did, to the point where there were a lot of conspiracy theories that a bunch of men coming out to accuse him of giving them drugs and loving them when they were underaged meant that it was actually a conspiracy by homophobes to try and slander Singer for being an openly gay man in Hollywood.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

less laughter posted:

Bryan Singer.

precision posted:

He keeps things legal and consensual, as far as I know. Same with John Waters and Larry Clark; they probably (definitely) have hosed up urges or fascinations, but (again, AFAIK) have never actually done anything about it.

Guy Mann posted:

The news broke years ago. He just used being gay to deflect it long before Kevin Spacey ever did, to the point where there were a lot of conspiracy theories that a bunch of men coming out to accuse him of giving them drugs and loving them when they were underaged meant that it was actually a conspiracy by homophobes to try and slander Singer for being an openly gay man in Hollywood.

I can't find the story but a few people seemed to think Singer had a lot to do with Brad Renfro's downward spiral and death.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DivisionPost posted:

Although, was Danny Masterson anyone’s favorite anything?

People used to tell me I look like him a lot

So I'm basically living that Always Sunny episode right now where Dennis looks like a sex offender

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

I can't find the story but a few people seemed to think Singer had a lot to do with Brad Renfro's downward spiral and death.

I knew Renfro in the years leading up to his death (he lived in the same town and moved in the same circles as I did, and he used to invite me over quite often). We talked about a lot of dark poo poo he has been through but that never came up at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There is a show on CBS called "Wisdom of the Crowd" whose description is as follows. Ahem. "A tech innovator creates a cutting-edge crowd-sourcing hub to solve his own daughter's murder, as well as revolutionizing crime solving in San Francisco."

That is all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, one last thing, it stars Jeremy Piven.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CBS has announced plans to revive their classic sci-fi anthology series “Twilight Zone” to air on their CBS All Access streaming service.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GreenNight posted:

CBS has announced plans to revive their classic sci-fi anthology series “Twilight Zone” to air on their CBS All Access streaming service.
Yes, that's what I just said.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jeremy Piven is now getting accused of sexual assault as well so we'll see if it sticks around or sticks around with him in the lead role.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, one last thing, it stars Jeremy Piven.

Probably changing to “starred” Jeremy Piven pretty soon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody should start a crowdsourcing website to find out if he did it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Finally some good news.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

Finally some good news.

Also they've added a new cast member, some sort of milkshake duck, so nothing bad will happen to this innocent show we all love.

e: lol 50 years rick and carl rick and carl.com

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 2, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

There is a show on CBS called "Wisdom of the Crowd" whose description is as follows. Ahem. "A tech innovator creates a cutting-edge crowd-sourcing hub to solve his own daughter's murder, as well as revolutionizing crime solving in San Francisco."

That is all.

I think the trailer was posted in this thread months ago.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

That is all.

Crowdsourcing murder investigations is a great idea! :downs:

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The Walking Dead will run longer than Gunsmoke.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FactsAreUseless posted:

That is all.

I saw a commercial for it recently where the tag for the episode was "What happens when the Crowd...goes too far?" with lots of shots of a mob attacking people.

Shouldn't that have been the first plot? And also the only one?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Finally some good news.

Here's some more good news:

quote:

The Walking Dead suffers its worst ratings for five years

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Rocksicles posted:

That was last season, Welcome to Murphytown, s03e07

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Chloe_Melas/status/926221138128142336

• Locked thread