Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

exploded mummy posted:

just don't blow yourself up in the Bunker

well now i need to see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

save first

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Getting into the exploration of Prey. Combat is still absolute poo poo and not fun.

The neuromods don't make much in world sense. Why do I need 5 of these to upgrade a thing when they are sold individually in the world. Also a guy doing a big their caper stole 4. Not enough to let you do poo poo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How does improving your brain let you lift a refrigerator

The sound design in this game is pretty good but I'm pretty sure I'm missing all the events the game wants me to look at because I'm busy smashing every object with the wrench

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How does improving your brain let you lift a refrigerator

Mind over matter?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im sure it autosaves when i go to the bunker so im not worried about it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Lol. It loads. Then it loads. What the hell? Doesn't get better.

First load is the zone your in second is populating objects. A death only triggers second load

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
The Prey demo played so abysmally and looked so dated on my ps4pro it pretty much pushed me to buy the PC version. I know the Pro wasn't properly supported in the demo, but the generally dated look combined with the horrid laggy controls meant that the game really needed all the help it could get. Was almost pushed to miss it completely, but the general response has been super positive

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Awesome! posted:

well now i need to see what happens

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It seems my general shittiness with gamepad controls is coming in handy because I can't tell a difference between Prey and any other console shooter

Edit: Also this game has some of the annoyances that always get me in games like this, like if health management is going to be a thing then yes I will sit in front of this water fountain and slowly drip my health back to full if it's free.

Also they even have separate upgrades for your suit, theming-wise it would make more sense for upgrades to your inventory to be put there, as opposed to "I jammed something in my brain and now I can carry more stuff"

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 7, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

^^^then I jammed 7 things in my brain and I can lift really heavy poo poo.

Prey wants to be Bioshock where I set up traps and plan an encounter with my different magic.

Only it forgot to give me traps or magic. So I goo poo poo with my wrench and be bored and reload if I lost too much hp from the poo poo controls.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 7, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
People did that in Bioshock?!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DQH 2 really needs some Musou-ed up versions of the music, I'm sick of every Dragon Quest game having the exact same tracks every single time.

FishBulb posted:

People did that in Bioshock?!

They were a necessity in Bioshock 2, less so in the first one.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

im sure it autosaves when i go to the bunker so im not worried about it

This game does not have an autosave

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

DQH 2 really needs some Musou-ed up versions of the music, I'm sick of every Dragon Quest game having the exact same tracks every single time.

How's it going, otherwise?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

They were a necessity in Bioshock 2, less so in the first one.

only for the big sisters. that was their gimmick iirc

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This game does not have an autosave

:monocle:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Its charming for me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fix posted:

How's it going, otherwise?

I've barely started but it seems like they've added a lot to the game and it's closer to an open world action RPG thing than 'Warriors + tower defence' of the first one.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its charming for me

They're not bad tracks but I was already sick of them after like 40 hours of the first game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

J-Spot posted:

I just started NieR:A today. That self-destruct toggle in the options menu is a major source of anxiety for me now. I don't know what I should put it at and I'm sure there's some bug gently caress you tied to it.

You have to hold the buttons for a couple seconds for anything serious to happen so don't worry about it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Way behind in this thread but meant to post this long ago:

The PS4 Platinum headset sucks and I wouldn't bother unless you can get one for $60-80

I was really looking forward to the LS40 headset, but that thing sucks too. The sound is absolute poo poo. Mind you I'm not an audiophile in any way. I haven't returned something in 5-10 years but I returned those

The LS30s are still really great though and I recommend them.

I spend too much on headsets :homebrew:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

I've barely started but it seems like they've added a lot to the game and it's closer to an open world action RPG thing than 'Warriors + tower defence' of the first one.

Would you mind checking back in after you've played more? Whenever you have the time. I'm interested to hear how it holds up to a few dozen hours, if you get that. Thanks!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not really my thing but that Portal Knights game actually seems pretty slick as far as DQ Builders/Minecraft type things go. Basically seems like a much more hi fi version of Builders with better controls, but unfortunately no personality.Definetly the nicest looking game I've seen in that genre on a technical level I guess. The art direction seems like something out of the Miiverse though :barf:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kind of figured that Prompt at the end of Route E or Nier was going to be a "Ha Gotcha" type thing. Whoooops.

Great Game though. Loved the combat, even 9S's schtick, he just melts bosses.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Spent a few more hours with Prey. I have been spending most of it picking up every piece of garbage I can find to cram it into the Recycler. I am basically roleplaying the guy that goes around the neighborhood collecting cans for money, except here I am trading it in for brain juice.

Game seems pretty good. I seriously cannot tell the difference between these controls and other similar first-person games, so maybe that's not a problem or it's been fixed? It really helps that so far the pacing and encounters are not waves of poo poo like in BioShock, it's more deliberately paced with smaller groups. I'm actually reminded more of Resident Evil 7, though maybe that's just because I played that recently

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Actually it does when it feels like it.

Also you don't need to run to the savepoints every time to save - as long as you are in the 'saving allowed' area you can just open the menu and quicksave and it does the same thing.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
I want Sony to send him a tiny party hat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just finished P5. Clear time, 99 hours and 20 minutes. I wasn't rushing but also wasn't dragging my feet. drat good game, but I still think it could have been done in about 2/3 as much time, just by cutting many cutscenes and stuff shorter, without much loss to anyone other than people who like to hear as much anime voice acting as possible.

edit: for the final boss fight I was using Takemi's most powerful SP regenerating accessory, which turned everything around since I could just keep my party topped off on hit points indefinitely and slowly whittle him down with inexpensive attacks from everyone. It was pretty boring but I dunno if I have had an easier JRPG final boss fight.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 7, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Way behind in this thread but meant to post this long ago:

The PS4 Platinum headset sucks and I wouldn't bother unless you can get one for $60-80

I was really looking forward to the LS40 headset, but that thing sucks too. The sound is absolute poo poo. Mind you I'm not an audiophile in any way. I haven't returned something in 5-10 years but I returned those

The LS30s are still really great though and I recommend them.

I spend too much on headsets :homebrew:

buy a50s. it's what i settled on finally.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Skyrim on PS4, is it pretty much the exact same experience as the PS3 version, but better looking? What I mean is does it still have the same jankiness, graphical hick-ups, and framerate drops?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Just finished P5. Clear time, 99 hours and 20 minutes. I wasn't rushing but also wasn't dragging my feet. drat good game, but I still think it could have been done in about 2/3 as much time, just by cutting many cutscenes and stuff shorter, without much loss to anyone other than people who like to hear as much anime voice acting as possible.

edit: for the final boss fight I was using Takemi's SP regenerating accessory, which turned everything around since I could just keep my party topped off on hit points indefinitely and slowly whittle him down with inexpensive attacks from everyone. It was pretty boring but I dunno if I have had an easier JRPG final boss fight.

i'm at 50 hours now on nov 24th and i've fast forward everything that felt redundant to info i already knew after about the first 20 hours. the game is bloated as gently caress and ffw is a life saver

still great though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Skyrim on PS4, is it pretty much the exact same experience as the PS3 version, but better looking? What I mean is does it still have the same jankiness, graphical hick-ups, and framerate drops?

Pretty much. It doesn't even run at 60fps despite being a port of a 5 year old game :mrwhite:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

baram. posted:

buy a50s. it's what i settled on finally.

I assume the version 2.0 version?

I've read a lot about the mic sucking though? There's so many good options for headsets but it's like each has some sort of fault, even the $300 ones

Yes my headset has to be wireless, no I don't have a good rationale, yes I like throwing money away

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

BisterdDave posted:

The framerate was at least mostly steady at 30fps when I played it at least. Nothing at all like the wild swings in the PS3 version. I'm not sure what sort of graphical hiccups you're referring to but the Bethesda jank is never going away.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

J-Spot posted:

The framerate was at least mostly steady at 30fps when I played it at least. Nothing at all like the wild swings in the PS3 version. I'm not sure what sort of graphical hiccups you're referring to but the Bethesda jank is never going away.

I meant like pop-ins and the occasional freezing here and there. I'm replaying on the PS3 right now and would love to play it again without these minor annoyances.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I assume the version 2.0 version?

I've read a lot about the mic sucking though? There's so many good options for headsets but it's like each has some sort of fault, even the $300 ones

Yes my headset has to be wireless, no I don't have a good rationale, yes I like throwing money away

i have version 3. nobody has complained about poor audio quality to me. it's nice being able to swap between ps4 and pc easily which was the main draw for me.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

BisterdDave posted:

I meant like pop-ins and the occasional freezing here and there. I'm replaying on the PS3 right now and would love to play it again without these minor annoyances.
The draw distance is better although I don't think an open-world game exists that doesn't have some amount of pop-in. I can't remember if the game ever hard froze on me or not but it doesn't have those little freezes whenever the game auto-saves that the PS3 version had.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It's a shame Prey starts off its combat thinking you'll be using the wrench the entire game like Bioshock 1 because the wrench becomes really bad at killing stuff later and the guns are fun to use once they have some upgrades.

Like there's enemies that do damage if you're anywhere near them

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

BisterdDave posted:

It's essentially the 360 version but with some graphical improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Lakbay posted:

It's a shame Prey starts off its combat thinking you'll be using the wrench the entire game like Bioshock 1 because the wrench becomes really bad at killing stuff later and the guns are fun to use once they have some upgrades.

Like there's enemies that do damage if you're anywhere near them

Do you get better guns? This pistol does 9 and if I burn a weapon upgrade it goes to 10 :toot: