Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Before Obama was elected President, I think there might have been a case that the Venn diagram was broadly accurate, at least if you only consider a group to be racist if the animating principle of the group is some variety of white nationalism and not merely that most to all members of the group are themselves racist. Like the anti-government militia that built themselves a compound in Idaho to prepare for the inevitable breakdown of society did so because of a fear of the government, which up to then was run by white men, and that society itself was on the brink of collapse, not from some racial uprising but because the antichrist was gonna get elected President and then BOOM it's the End Times. Now, if you went out and interviewed each member of that group, their views on race would likely range from "vehemently racist" to "who gives a poo poo, the world's about to end, but if a black guy showed up mid-Apocalypse, we'd tell him to get lost, but maybe not if he's white, unless it's Bob from church, he's a good guy", but that racism wasn't what is animating the group to do what they're doing.

It's partly a product of the pre-internet days when these groups weren't talking with each other all day every day online and some because the idea of a President who isn't a white man was laughable to them even up through much of GWB's time in office. Now? Yeah, most of them are if not explicitly white separatist, white nationalist, fascist, etc., then crypto-white separatist, crypto-white nationalist, crypto-Nazi, etc. and that diagram may as well be white supremacists around just about everything but for a few people who are insisting that no, it really is about ethics in 19th century war memorial setup and removal and who actually believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Militias / "Patriot" groups and neo-Nazis don't necessarily get along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkDUpXrCME

By the way, that's William Fears, a Houston-area neo-Nazi who also showed up at Charlottesville here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg&t=282s

He's got a criminal record involving a 2009 kidnapping of an 18-year-old girl which he "wounded" several times. I've seen some neo-Nazis online say they should adopt his flag since it's more "American" looking. Meant to look kinda Texan too because of the lone star -- mixed with the Schwarze Sonne. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that flag pop up more.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Admiral Ray posted:

The few Oathkeepers that went to Ferguson and were like "The situation here is literally why we have the 2nd Amendment and we need to get these people access to guns and training".

The Oathkeepers organization threw them out for that though.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'd edit to respond, but that's a good post entirely on its own and merits a separate response, and yeah there's an awful lot of racist, white supremacist, white nationalist idiots who have a reflexive hatred of anything fashy.

As I understand, it's a combination of WW2 vets coming back to the South after the war causing a clash between Nazi's straight up wanting to exterminate anyone and everyone not white and the existing white supremacists seeing other races as being useful, so long as they accept that they're on a lower rung of the societal ladder, to say nothing of the foreign origin of Naziism clashing with home-grown white supremacism.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Al-Saqr posted:

I cant think of a bigger bunch of cowardly fucks than those ford dealership militia nazi's who are the SAFEST, MOST COMFORTABLE, MOST MATERIALLY WELL OF AND LEAST THREATENED PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH but are in such a state of cowardice they have to bring their high powered assault rifles to a loving demonstration these cowardly fucks wouldnt last twelve seconds in any actual stress situation.

There is a part of me that is hoping for a Maoist Third World Revolution. Could you imagine how loving easy it would be for the average third worlder to overpower soft first worlders if we didn't have an absurd amount of money being poured into military tech?

Cut off their internet, and the Alt-Right would fall to people's revolution in like 2 hours tops.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
so what your saying is we should make leftist militias

already on it, in a leftist way

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

Don't tempt me, I've been kicking it around.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

I cant think of a bigger bunch of cowardly fucks than those ford dealership militia nazi's who are the SAFEST, MOST COMFORTABLE, MOST MATERIALLY WELL OF AND LEAST THREATENED PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH but are in such a state of cowardice they have to bring their high powered assault rifles to a loving demonstration these cowardly fucks wouldnt last twelve seconds in any actual stress situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV2v37u39NY&t=408s

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Aug 19, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Zeroisanumber posted:

Don't tempt me, I've been kicking it around.

i am liberal

i own guns

i think i know enough to not be labeled a terrorist or hate group

(all you gotta do is spraypaint pride camo paterns on your equipment)

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

M_Gargantua posted:

i am liberal

??

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
your outdated labels mean nothing to me

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Prester Jane posted:

i hope they landed ok for their trouble

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the reason we haven't had mass murder yet is the same reason mass outbreaks of violence remain unlikely, to wit, the heavily armed types are comfortable petit bourgeoisie not ready to deal with either the immediate or the long term consequences of pulling the trigger

if the bottom falls out of the economy then you're gonna see some poo poo

until then it's continued stochastic terrorism via isolated, antisocial, mostly mentally ill young men

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

While an ideological mix, the militias seem generally defensive oriented. The Malheur occupation seemed pretty atypical and the militias by and large are more "get off my land" types. The conflict over the Bundy Ranch involved whether the federal government had authority over public land in Nevada. The caveat here is you get the mix between militias, neo-Nazis and SovCits.

Still different I think from the neo-Nazi groups which want to wage aggressive war. I believe the militias when they say they want to act as "peacekeepers" but they're woefully unprepared to do it and it comes across as cosplaying.
They're 'defensive' in the same way that the reactionary groups are 'defensive' - they view themselves as defenders of society, even when they're very obviously destabilizing society, because they goal is to uphold institutions of racial supremacism, exploitation and misogyny, not protect society and the people in it. Even minor reforms, that in the broad scheme of things changes very little, are all viewed as existential threats, to be 'defended' against.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

They're 'defensive' in the same way that the reactionary groups are 'defensive' - they view themselves as defenders of society, even when they're very obviously destabilizing society, because they goal is to uphold institutions of racial supremacism, exploitation and misogyny, not protect society and the people in it. Even minor reforms, that in the broad scheme of things changes very little, are all viewed as existential threats, to be 'defended' against.
Sure. If there was some crackup or a left-wing revolution, these militias would turn into death squads along with the police. They're counter-revolutionaries. Nazis are revolutionaries.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

can you imagine how poo poo would have gone down had the banks not been bailed out in 2008? An economic collapse and a black president?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Nazis are not revolutionaries.

The point is that the whole 'defensive' poo poo is nothing but a smokescreen, a convenient lie that they may or may not buy into themselves. They're not 'defensive' in any meaningful sense of the term, you're just buying into their marketing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

Nazis are not revolutionaries.

The point is that the whole 'defensive' poo poo is nothing but a smokescreen, a convenient lie that they may or may not buy into themselves. They're not 'defensive' in any meaningful sense of the term, you're just buying into their marketing.
Well I'll be willing to take another gander at it. I think it's a big crapshoot. Remember the Hutaree militia which seemed to be more "offensive" but ended up getting reported to the FBI by another militia.

I consider the Nazis to be would-be revolutionaries -- a revolution from the right. This comes down to how we define fascism but I don't share the Marxist analysis of fascism as the bullyboy of finance capitalism. I believe it's a distinct ideology characterized by violent, revolutionary, palingenetic ultra-nationalism. I'm in the Roger Griffin school of fascist studies. But it's kind of a blah blah academic distinction and not that important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfbBvIEbfA&t=289s

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 08:01 on Aug 19, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Montasque has issued a correction as of 07:48 on Aug 19, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ron Jeremy posted:

can you imagine how poo poo would have gone down had the banks not been bailed out in 2008? An economic collapse and a black president?

yeah boomers might've not had the value of their houses rise quite as much by now it would've massacred the reverse mortgage industry

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

M_Gargantua posted:

They already exist within organizations like redneck revolt and John Brown brigades

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

good...good

That Matthias guy was running their Discords btw. And was running the /pol/ Discord for awhile until it got banned. He might've gotten toppled from his admin position for "cucking" before the plug got pulled though.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://twitter.com/celieesHa/status/898813390751223808

https://twitter.com/CarmeecCRR/status/898813387102076929

https://twitter.com/CarriesCoTR/status/898813386531774464

https://twitter.com/CamyysCcts/status/898813375492136960

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the generated profiles are lol

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The even more racists elements of the right literally attacking their non-white allies for making light of the death of a white woman is now my dream.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its p cool and good that leftish pundits are now making rape accusations to win twitter arguments just cuz time has proven them wrong re antifa

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

New Spiderman reboot looking good.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

What's with the hashtags, some sort of data tracking thing?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Homeless Friend posted:

the generated profiles are lol

Reagan Republican. Nam Vet.

US Army Veteran????

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/cliffordvickrey/status/898730405506891776

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Somebody is going to the well for C-names too often when they make up these profiles.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

So what time is it all kicking off in boston today?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

So what time is it all kicking off in boston today?

No one knows if it even is. If the Nazis hold an event it's going to be super low-key because they don't want to die.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Ray posted:

The few Oathkeepers that went to Ferguson and were like "The situation here is literally why we have the 2nd Amendment and we need to get these people access to guns and training".

Prester Jane posted:

Any bits I could read about this?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Any bits I could read about this?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-oath-keeper-who-wants-to-arm-black-lives-matter-20160103

here go friend.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nice. thanks.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
How are there sooo many jews and even Asians desperately trying to associate themselves with these movements? Weren't Stephen Miller and Spencer friends at Duke or something

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

im the zero retweets

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.rferl.org/a/u-s-neo-nazi-website-russian-domain-daily-stormer/28680409.html

quote:

A Russian web-hosting provider says it has suspended the Russian domain of the prominent U.S. neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer after the government's media regulator asked it to look into the site's "extremist content."

lol the Russians booted them too.