Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Me waiting for VP nominee Hillary Clinton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8OpqvCsTcA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

twitter tells me that sleepy joe has been nodding off during this livestream, confirm/deny?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

bawfuls posted:

twitter tells me that sleepy joe has been nodding off during this livestream, confirm/deny?

confirm

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol gently caress off

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

bawfuls posted:

wrong. hes awake and aware, hes drawing perfect clocks and was running on a treadmill for the whole stream, perfectly presidential

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
EVERY woman deserves the right to be discredited by the new york times.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh weird, missed when the police and FBI changed their names to the new york times. Is that a new change? Anyways, glad they're on top of this Joe Biden poo poo.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

One thing I'd been asking for a while now is why the Democrats never bothered to completely and utterly destroy the Republican party over Dennis Hastert being a convicted rapist and serial pedophile.

Turns out it was because there was a gentleman's agreement on both sides to never talk about it again, because both parties are infested with rapists.

:thunk:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The New York Times changed their story because the Biden campaign complained lol, anyone who uses them as rationale is lying in your face

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
d&d is actually correct that it's juvenile to criticise one of the most powerful, and well known people on the planet, for TERF comments made to the media in England.

papa horny michael has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Apr 28, 2020

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

General Bullshit posted:

That and Warren didn't face an entire media blackout and professional backlash for speaking out, it dominated a news cycle and helped her.

Actually if I recall her numbers didn't budge after that stunt.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

reading these statements in my head with the line "and that's the end of that!" at the end

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://www.axios.com/timeline-tara...ospm&stream=top

quote:

Joe Biden is facing growing scrutiny over sexual assault allegations made by a former Senate staffer.

The big picture: Business Insider this week published two on-the record corroborations of parts of allegations by Tara Reade, who alleges Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993. Biden's campaign says the alleged assault "absolutely did not happen."

Timeline

April 3, 2019: Reade joined several women accusing Biden of inappropriate touching as a senator in 1993. She told The Union, a local newspaper in California, that on numerous occasions Biden put his hands on her neck and shoulders in ways that made her uncomfortable.

Reade told The Union her responsibilities in Biden's office were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event. She said she left after nine months, feeling that she was pushed out and that Biden's staff was protecting him.

Reade told The Union she didn't feel Biden's actions were sexualization, instead comparing her experience to being treated like a lamp: "It’s pretty. Set it over there," she said. "Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away."
Reade also tried unsuccessfully to get #MeToo-related Time's Up to help fund her case, per The Intercept.

March 25, 2020: Reade told journalist Katie Halper on a podcast that in 1993, Biden pinned her against a wall in a Senate building, reached under her clothes and penetrated her with his fingers while kissing her.

After pulling away, Reade recalled Biden telling her that he thought she liked him. Reade claims that Biden looked at her and said: "You're nothing to me" — words that she says affected her "almost more than the assault" because of how much respect she had for him.

Reade said that when Biden saw that she looked "shocked," he told her: "You're OK, you're fine."

Reade told Halper that she told her immediate family and a friend about the incident at the time.

April 9: Reade filed a police report claiming she was the victim of a sexual assault in 1993. She tweeted that she did so solely for "safety reasons," acknowledging that the statute of limitations had run out on her complaint.

April 12-13: The New York Times, Washington Post and AP all published investigations into Reade's allegations.

The Times interviewed Reade, lawyers she spoke to, nearly two dozen people who worked with Biden in the early 90s, and seven women who made inappropriate touching allegations against Biden. None corroborated the details of Reade's allegation, and the Times wrote that it "found no pattern of sexual misconduct" by Biden.

The Post interviewed Reade, more than a half-dozen former Biden staffers, and people Reade says she told about the assault soon after it happened. A friend who requested anonymity corroborated Reade’s account of their conversation. Reade's brother initially said she had told him there was an incident where Biden was "inappropriate," but not the alleged assault. He later followed up and told the Post he recalled Reade telling him Biden had cornered her and reached under her clothes.

The AP interviewed Reade, five Biden staffers that worked with him at the time, and two friends Reade says she told about the incident before going public. One friend who requested anonymity said Reade told them about the assault at the time. The other friend said Reade told her about Biden's alleged harassment in 2007 or 2008 — but made no mention of the alleged assault.

April 24
: The Intercept reported that Reade's mother had called into "Larry King Live" on CNN on Aug. 11, 1993, and said that her daughter had just left her job working for a "prominent senator" in Washington, where she "could not get through with her problems at all."

Reade's mother said "the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

April 27: Two sources went on the record to Business Insider to corroborate certain details of Reade's allegation.

Lynda LaCasse, who was Reade's neighbor in the mid-1990s, said she told her in 1995 or 1996 that she had been assaulted by Biden: "I remember her saying, here was this person that she was working for and she idolized him," LaCasse said. "And he kind of put her up against a wall. And he put his hand up her skirt and he put his fingers inside her."

Lorraine Sanchez, who worked with Reade for a California state senator, said Reade told her in the mid-1990s that "she had been sexually harassed by her former boss while she was in D.C., and as a result of her voicing her concerns to her supervisors, she was let go, fired." Sanchez said she does not remember if Reade gave details about the harassment she allegedly faced.

The Biden campaign strongly denied all of Reade's allegations in statements provided to media organizations:

Kate Bedingfield, Biden's deputy campaign manager and communications director: "Vice President Biden has dedicated his public life to changing the culture and the laws around violence against women. He authored and fought for the passage and reauthorization of the landmark Violence Against Women Act. He firmly believes that women have a right to be heard - and heard respectfully. Such claims should also be diligently reviewed by an independent press. What is clear about this claim: it is untrue. This absolutely did not happen."

Marianne Baker, Biden's executive assistant from 1982–2000: "In all my years working for Senator Biden, I never once witnessed, or heard of, or received, any reports of inappropriate conduct. ... I have absolutely no knowledge or memory of Ms. Reade’s accounting of events, which would have left a searing impression on me as a woman professional, and as a manager."

Links to all those sources are in the article. Pass it on.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bawfuls posted:

listen here, fatjack
you come over here and say that and poppy's gonna clean your clock the allies kicked the kaiser's can, ya hear me
now get back in school and clean up your room
or vote for Trump why doncha

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

liberasts

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

General Bullshit posted:

:lol: Bernie's entire staff were kulaks.

Isn't Weaver the one Bernie put in charge of Our Rev at the very start after promising not to, so like 2/3 of the staff quit rather than work for him?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Gumball Gumption posted:

And applying the same logic, I believe Tara Reade when she says Biden sexually assaulted her because he has a long history of actions and statements that show he could do something like this.

There's a shitload of video evidence that Biden doesn't give a single gently caress about the personal space of women and girls, he does that creepy poo poo in front of camera squads I can't imagine what a gropey pedophile and molester he is behind closed doors.

Unironically still vote for him though.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyone who thinks the democrats didn't learn anything from their loss to trump is a loving idiot. They learned they make a bunch of money when they lose. They learned the can do whatever they want and openly spit in the faces of whoever they like and grow their wealth and maintain their power.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol cool glad to have my belief that she'd absolutely loving take a do-over on the franken matter if she could vindicated further

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

There's a shitload of video evidence that Biden doesn't give a single gently caress about the personal space of women and girls, he does that creepy poo poo in front of camera squads I can't imagine what a gropey pedophile and molester he is behind closed doors.

I am an undecided voter

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vitamin P posted:

no, eat poo poo vitamin pisslips

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

pray to the chaos gods for madame Vice President

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

so cucked by the democratic party you're willing to vote for someone you recognize as a gropey rapist just because they told you to

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
can't believe anyone says biden has a weak digital presence

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

One thing I'd been asking for a while now is why the Democrats never bothered to completely and utterly destroy the Republican party over Dennis Hastert being a convicted rapist and serial pedophile.

Turns out it was because there was a gentleman's agreement on both sides to never talk about it again, because both parties are infested with rapists.

ahem, he was convicted of structuring his bribe money, they couldn't convict on the raping due to statute of limitations. the person who demanded the bribes was not charged with extortion and Many Folks Were Saying that this was prosecutorial misconduct!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Truniht posted:

pray to the chaos gods for madame Vice President

i unironically want this so drat bad

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

joe biden is the worst democratic presidential candidate in my entire lifetime and if you still vote for him you're telling the dnc there's literally nothing they could do to lose your support

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Vitamin P posted:

no

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This Michael Moore documentary on YouTube is pretty loving depressing.

Anyone want to let me know he's got something basic wrong?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

LGD posted:

yeah, if the loss can be said to be attributable to one person it's absolutely Obama, but they need very badly to pretend that sort of behind-the-scenes coordination didn't happen and that the naked, poo poo-smeared, and raving hobo circumstances forced them to crown emperor is actually the most regal and majestically attired creature imaginable

the main thing I’m really mad at Bernie about is that his team's plan for what to do if Obama decided to interfere and coordinate efforts against him apparently was just to get assurances in private that he wouldn't do it and then take him at his word

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

which one

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Vitamin P posted:

Unironically drink piss

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zoran posted:

the main thing I’m really mad at Bernie about is that his team's plan for what to do if Obama decided to interfere and coordinate efforts against him apparently was just to get assurances in private that he wouldn't do it and then take him at his word

yeah i've mentioned this a bunch but if obama had just endorsed biden an entire year before super tuesday, bernie's plan was apparently...keep trying to turn out young voters and get crushed before people got high hopes post nevada

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE

I guess it's mostly a Jeff Gibbs documentary. But it's on Michael Moore's channel and Gibbs is doing a Michael Moore impersonation in his narration.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Vitamin P posted:

hmm, yes, i see your point :hmmyes: however, have you considered that maybe instead you should suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

i don't want this injection of vitamin pedo, take it away

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I have not watched it because every review I've read says it just points out how capitalism has corrupted a bunch of the environmentalist movement and then jumps right to ecofascism/malthusian arguments as the only "solution"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bernie's failed 2016 and 2020 reminds me of the Slavoj Zizek mongol joke

Especially how ineffective Bernie ended up being at changing anything over his fear of becoming a political pariah with the dems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If I scrape poo poo off my shoe, ask you to eat it, and then you do, I'm going to ask you to eat more poo poo. I'm probably going to call all my buddies over and have them watch this.

Biden's campaign is the party calling all their friends over to intentionally step in poo poo and laugh as you eat it from your shoe.