Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I didn't even taste the cake at my own wedding because who the gently caress cares about cake when there's an open bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ether Frenzy posted:

I didn't even taste the cake at my own wedding because who the gently caress cares about cake when there's an open bar?

I was so drat nervous at mine I don't remember tasting it at all. Someone also stole the slice that we were supposed to take with us and save for later or whatever that dumb tradition is.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Joe Don Baker posted:

I was so drat nervous at mine I don't remember tasting it at all. Someone also stole the slice that we were supposed to take with us and save for later or whatever that dumb tradition is.

I think this is actually the entire top portion, which is very small compared to the rest of the cake. Traditionally, at least.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Is anyone listening to Norm's new podcast? It's only literally the funniest thing I've ever heard.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

beergod posted:

Is anyone listening to Norm's new podcast? It's only literally the funniest thing I've ever heard.

What? Where? Please tell me it isn't a lovely sports show

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AxeManiac posted:

What? Where? Please tell me it isn't a lovely sports show

It's on itunes and it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6g5fncB-LI

also youtube apparently!!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Holy Calamity! posted:

Yes! He has a cast with Super Dave as a guest. I love Super Dave!

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Finally the rule of "Every comedian has to have a podcast" produces something awesome.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was so drunk at my first wedding I don't even remember the cake.

We had a cool one at my second wedding though. (Cupcakes were served at the rehearsal dinner.)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Holy poo poo, I never knew Brad Garrett was so goddamned hilarious. Too bad he couldn't riff like this on "Everybody Loves Raymond."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM6TGNd1K8g

Of course he'll never be back because he shittalked Beth. AND he told Robin to shut the gently caress up. Multiple times. Glorious.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Brad Garrett "alpha-maled" the poo poo out of the show.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

I'm amazed how much better Arties show is since they fired Nick. Interesting comedians on constantly, and only the barest amount of sports talk. If they could just quit with she crappy musical acts it would be perfect.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

mrfreeze posted:

I'm amazed how much better Arties show is since they fired Nick. Interesting comedians on constantly, and only the barest amount of sports talk. If they could just quit with she crappy musical acts it would be perfect.

I dunno, they got a guy doing drops on the show and he is TERRIBLE. Man, Fred has such a skill.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

I dunno, they got a guy doing drops on the show and he is TERRIBLE. Man, Fred has such a skill.

True, but lets face it once you get used to Fred everyone sucks in comparison. And part of the humor to me is how a show with that much Directv money behind it can have such terrible production at times.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What's nuts to me is going through old shows with Fred and the tapes. I was listening to January - April of 2000, and Fred's basically doing his own show during the news. It's non-stop sound effects and they're all relevant and hilarious. He must've been in motion the entire time swapping tapes. The Latvian is one talented Christian Slater looking motherfucker.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

kylej posted:

What's nuts to me is going through old shows with Fred and the tapes. I was listening to January - April of 2000, and Fred's basically doing his own show during the news. It's non-stop sound effects and they're all relevant and hilarious. He must've been in motion the entire time swapping tapes. The Latvian is one talented Christian Slater looking motherfucker.

The Old Grey Mare ain't what she used to be. :smith:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kylej posted:

I like to think that he looks like "a retarded Gary Oldman". :allears:

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001

prefect posted:

He looks like the maitre d at a meth lab from the 70s for Christ's sake

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

an adult beverage posted:

Brad Garrett "alpha-maled" the poo poo out of the show.
I missed it. Is there linkage anywhere?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Sasquatch! posted:

I missed it. Is there linkage anywhere?

I was just referring to the amazing clip that was posted in this thread from his appearance several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM6TGNd1K8g

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

mrfreeze posted:

True, but lets face it once you get used to Fred everyone sucks in comparison. And part of the humor to me is how a show with that much Directv money behind it can have such terrible production at times.

A couple of years ago Fred was out for a funeral and Sal was doing the drops. He was really overdoing it.

Fred has turned pressing buttons to make fart noises into a loving art

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Djarum posted:

I just read the new issue of Dardevil: End of Days and there is a great Stern reference in it.

Bendis is writing that, right? He's a big fan.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/terrencehoran/status/326371057114181632/photo/1

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mochiloc posted:

He looks like the maitre d at a meth lab from the 70s for Christ's sake

Probably my favorite Levy line of all time right here.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm partial to "His teeth are yell like pee"

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

haljordan posted:

Probably my favorite Levy line of all time right here.

Colin Quinn

man, I loved those roasts

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

chiz posted:

Colin Quinn

man, I loved those roasts

Err yeah, Colin Quinn that's right. I normally don't like him as a comedian but he always killed at every roast.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Holy Calamity! posted:

Holy poo poo thank you for this, I usually listen to podcasts at the gym, and I had to stop listening to this and put on some music because I was laughing so hard it was loving up my lifting.

I know Norm is known for what I guess you could call an early form of "trolling" or meta-humor but what the gently caress is up with this first episode where he's just acting like an idiot and pissing off Superdave it's the funniest loving thing I think I've ever heard.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Advice posted:

I know Norm is known for what I guess you could call an early form of "trolling" or meta-humor but what the gently caress is up with this first episode where he's just acting like an idiot and pissing off Superdave it's the funniest loving thing I think I've ever heard.

Norm is one of the best. I like how he just hammers stuff, like "So, as you can see, I've gotten all fat". Everything rolls off this guy. He's great and this show is awesome. Super Dave does bring up a good point, he should be doing a real show. It just seems like nobody watches/listens to anything like this in any great numbers. People don't watch anything unless you advertise the poo poo out of it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

prefect posted:

Does anyone have that gif saved where they put in Fred as the alien guy in the Weird Al UHF movie? that was perfect.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wow norm got fat!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vakal posted:

Does anyone have that gif saved where they put in Fred as the alien guy in the Weird Al UHF movie? that was perfect.

I went looking to see what tape that was on, because I know it was a New Years Eve or Butt Bongo Fiesta. Instead, I found out that I could have had Tiny Tim play a bar mitzvah in 1993. Nice!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Manifest posted:

New Celebrity Superfan Roundtable is interested.

Natalie Maines totally calls him out for the three day work week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKtN2QXbcY

I listened to about half of that and, wow, who knew there are people who like the current show that much.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Vakal posted:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

drat Norm has not aged well at all.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Norm looks like a bucket of lard on a bad day.

HELLO ICE CREAM. HAVING A GOOD TIME RUNNING AROUND?

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"

kylej posted:

wow norm got fat!

It's so bad he went to see his Doctor, then the doctor told him to stick his tongue out and say "oink"

God I love Norm

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
This is still the best thing Norm has ever done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC6TbH_Yzd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

This is still the best thing Norm has ever done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC6TbH_Yzd4

No this is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0