Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's because the OG 3ds was poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Real hurthling! posted:

I could never get the og 3ds 3d to work for me but holy crap n3ds works so good

it will still make your eyes tired pretty soonish and looks stupid to me, except maybe super mario 3d land and a couple of other games that use it well

here's to hoping 3D dies in any way shape or form in the entertainment industry

HarlequinRatDance
Dec 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
hi i'm dare

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

[quote="HarlequinRatDance" post=""467734658"]
Dumb junk
[/quote]

Yeah, but more importantly, what are your thoughts on Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 27, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
SomethingAwful games threads seem to attract all the internet loons.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rexroom posted:

Mental illness is a pretty sad thing. :smith:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Boxing Day is weird, I guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kawabata posted:

it will still make your eyes tired pretty soonish and looks stupid to me, except maybe super mario 3d land and a couple of other games that use it well

here's to hoping 3D dies in any way shape or form in the entertainment industry

kirby and river city tokyo rumble get a lot out of it and it is very easy to look at it but everybody is different. i couldn't get a clear looking image out of the original but others liked it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

They are spamming this everywhere

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

I have one but I cannot imagine the game being fun to play in that tiny baby res screen

I believe this is gonna be the Switch marketing slogan.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fulchrum posted:

I believe this is gonna be the Switch marketing slogan.

At least the screen is 720p. The 3DS is like 400x240.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Captain Toad is good, fortunately

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Not exactly newsworthy (though lots of places are running it), but the founder of Frederator (the studio behind Adventure Time and Fairly Odd Parents among other lesser cartoons) went on the Nick Podcast this week and mentioned that they (Frederator, not necessarily Nick) are working with an IP that's "the biggest video game IP of the last thirty years" for a project. It could mean anything from a short animation for Space Invaders to Super Mario cartoon confirmed, so.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, Space Invaders was 38 years ago, so that ain't it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Assassins Creed is very big OP

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Not exactly newsworthy (though lots of places are running it), but the founder of Frederator (the studio behind Adventure Time and Fairly Odd Parents among other lesser cartoons) went on the Nick Podcast this week and mentioned that they (Frederator, not necessarily Nick) are working with an IP that's "the biggest video game IP of the last thirty years" for a project. It could mean anything from a short animation for Space Invaders to Super Mario cartoon confirmed, so.

It's Minecraft.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fulchrum posted:

It's Minecraft.

And that they've had this IP for 12 years (not exactly sure how that works), so no Splatoon either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmumWax-1bg&t=31m52s
They've had this project for 12 years but couldn't "get it going", and this IP has "great characters and great story". Straight up, my conspiracy theory hat tells me it was a TLoZ: Wind Waker cartoon they got the rights to a year after the game release, Nintendo rejected pitches and networks said no to what went through. Nintendo now got more lax and Disney sees use for Nintendo/videogames on the Disney XD channel and maybe a Legend of Zelda cartoon will get made. Or it's some random PS2 thing that'll get a twelve episode cartoon on netflix and be forgotten.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 27, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Minecraft doesn't seem like the sort of thing Frederator would be interested in, even if the chronology worked out, which it doesn't. The voxel visuals, which are an important part of the brand, don't lend themselves well to expressive animation.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bongo Bill posted:

Minecraft doesn't seem like the sort of thing Frederator would be interested in, even if the chronology worked out, which it doesn't. The voxel visuals, which are an important part of the brand, don't lend themselves well to expressive animation.

What, you don't appreciate the gripping drama that is Minecraft: Story Mode?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Soul Glo posted:

An overly literal interpretation of the holiday and too many blows to the head, clearly.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Was I just cyber bullied?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is this the wii-u safe space

What are the best couch co-op games I should work through with my gf in order

I have starfox, Mario 3D, yoshi wooly world, Kirby, super Mario (the wii platformer one?). Any other good ones I'm missing?

Was thinking of maybe grabbing a used copy of hyrule warriors. How's the co-op for that? Does it have replay value in terms of progression or leveling for a purpose or is it just log on hack and slash dudes rinse repeat?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario Kart is pretty good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh are we still doing the ironic make-fun-of-the-wiiu thing 4 years later or did I miss a thread

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

did you get mario kart yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I have starfox, Mario 3D, yoshi wooly world, Kirby, super Mario (the wii platformer one?). Any other good ones I'm missing?

Was thinking of maybe grabbing a used copy of hyrule warriors. How's the co-op for that? Does it have replay value in terms of progression or leveling for a purpose or is it just log on hack and slash dudes rinse repeat?

Hyrule Warriors has a million characters each with a million exp levels and a million heart pieces and weapons and four different (dlc) enormous challenge maps along with a super robust story mode
Like I'm sure people who bought it on release day and play every day still haven't 100% it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

oh are we still doing the ironic make-fun-of-the-wiiu thing 4 years later or did I miss a thread

I love the Wii U

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

donkey kong tropical freeze is probably my favorite coop game on the system (also its the best dk platformer)

the wii u new super mario bros is also pretty baller, i liked it better than the wii one, also comes with luigi U which is packed with more crazy short and sweet levels of the base game. i ran thru both of them yesterday and it be :discourse:

bef fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 27, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did somone say... tropical freeze co-op...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uyyRTCBE0c&t=3417s

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nio

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i liked your other avs too but it's nice to see you cycle back to a golden oldie

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Nay. The Wii U hate thread was slain in O'14 by Nintendo's E3 presentation.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

leave me alone but thank you

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, did they get the Sonic license?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh, did they get the Sonic license?

You jest, but there's already a Sonic cartoon running right now; Sonic Boom. It's actually pretty good.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
They obviously got the Gex license

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
So like any sensible person, I've been watching Mark Brown's Developer's Toolkit series, and it's making me crazy for Mario games. I own no Nintendo consoles, and the last Mario game I played was Galaxy 1. I just remember having a big, uncontrollable smile on my face as I was playing it. What's happened since then? It's been like...what, 8-10 years? From what I can tell, some of the releases in the last few years haven't been so hot. Is that right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The more I play Colour Splash, the more I can only really describe the game as being an excellent adventure game saddled with unnecessary turn-based combat. It would be a hell of a lot more fun if they'd just gone for Super Paper Mario style combat at the very least, because the vast majority of the fights are done in a turn with a single card so they just waste a minute of your time. It's not like you're really getting XP out of them either.

I also hosed up at the Tangerino Grill and got hosed over by the Steak because I forgot to heal between failed attempts and it kicked my rear end when I went for broke with the Things on the final turn instead of healing. Now I have to bake the loving Mamma Mia Pizza again :cripes:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah they've mostly all been good, they just moved back to a more traditional worlds/stages structure and more linear level design after Galaxy 2 which some people think it a step back. New Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2 were eh but the Wii and WiiU versions were good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
supposedly the switch mario is supposed to be more 64-esque, so maybe that'll be good. also everyone in this thread raves about 3D world and i want to play it at some point. i thought 3d land was pretty great

• Locked thread