Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Khanstant posted:

Wow, I find my ex's old DSlite and it's really busted up but it has Pokemon heartgold in it. I never actually owned the original gold or silver, just borrowed from a friend, and didn't touch the remakes either. Anything still in here that's particularly rare or valuable. Lots of legendaries and a red gyrados I know.

Apricorn Ball Pokémon are hard to come by because they're only available in HG/SS. The Pokémon themselves are not that rare at all, but because you can inherit the parents' Pokéballs, Apricorn Mons are valuable as breeding fodder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

oddium posted:

hgss have exclusive pokeballs for maximum coordination but really only the moon/love/level balls look good

I like Dusk Balls for Ghost 'mons and Dive Balls are pretty good.

You still can't transfer them to specific balls after you've caught them. It's time, GF, make it happen (on the switch at least).

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
make sure to transfer up the Red Gyarados from HGSS to ORAS, because Shiny Mega Gyarados looks hella amazing

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hate that Dusk Balls are generally the best balls because goddamn are they ugly. Their shadowy effect is cool, but the green/black blob color scheme is :barf:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
All my pokemon are in either Pokeballs or Premier Balls.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like Dusk Balls for Ghost 'mons and Dive Balls are pretty good.

You still can't transfer them to specific balls after you've caught them. It's time, GF, make it happen (on the switch at least).

yeah but those aren't apricorn balls. also i forgot friend balls which are good for larvitar/carnivine/yanma

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a Pokémon that likes to spam Dragon Rage on you in the wild while you're probably averaging around 50-60 HP for your Pokémon.

The real Pokémon starts here.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oddium posted:

hgss have exclusive pokeballs for maximum coordination but really only the moon/love/level balls look good

I've been hearing you can at least get moon balls in Sun/Moon.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
After everything is said and done, I think I'm rolling with:

Incineroar - Fire/Dark - Blaze - 95/115/90/80/90/60 - Darkest Lariat/Flare Blitz/Cross Chop/Leech Life or Earthquake - Hasty

Decidueye - Grass/Ghost - Overgrow - 78/107/75/100/100/70 - Spirit Shackle/Leaf Blade/Brave Bird/Steel Wing or Sucker Punch - Naughty

Toucannon - Normal/Flying - Skill Link - 80/120/75/75/75/60 - Fury Attack/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Drill Peck or Beak Blast - Jolly

Vikavolt - Bug/Electric - Levitate - 77/70/90/145/75/43 - Thunderbolt/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/Flash Cannon - Modest

Crabominable - Fighting/Ice - Iron Fist - 97/132/77/62/67/43 - Ice Punch or Ice Hammer/Close Combat/Earthquake/Rock Slide - Brave

Lycanroc - Rock - Keen Eye - 75/115/65/55/65/112 - Accelerock/Stone Edge/Crunch/Brick Break - Adamant

Now I need to decide on nicknames or a theme...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 10, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I judge people who aren't using Mimikyu.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
a thousand available mons and still sticking with a team of 6, smh

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Reinanigans posted:

After everything is said and done, I think I'm rolling with:

Incineroar - Fire/Dark - Blaze - 95/115/90/80/90/60 - Darkest Lariat/Flare Blitz/Cross Chop/Leech Life or Earthquake - Hasty

Decidueye - Grass/Ghost - Overgrow - 78/107/75/100/100/70 - Spirit Shackle/Leaf Blade/Brave Bird/Steel Wing or Sucker Punch - Naughty

Toucannon - Normal/Flying - Skill Link - 80/120/75/75/75/60 - Fury Attack/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Drill Peck or Beak Blast - Jolly

Vikavolt - Bug/Electric - Levitate - 77/70/90/145/75/43 - Thunderbolt/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/Flash Cannon - Modest

Crabominable - Fighting/Ice - Iron Fist - 97/132/77/62/67/43 - Ice Punch or Ice Hammer/Close Combat/Earthquake/Rock Slide - Brave

Lycanroc - Rock - Keen Eye - 75/115/65/55/65/112 - Accelerock/Stone Edge/Crunch/Brick Break - Adamant

Now I need to decide on nicknames or a theme...

so is this vgc or singles or story or

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

less laughter posted:

a thousand available mons and still sticking with a team of 6, smh

There specifically aren't a thousand "available" until the transfers open up in January :v:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Emalde posted:

There specifically aren't a thousand "available" until the transfers open up in January :v:

congrats, you win the pedant of the week award

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

boy are my arms tired posted:

so is this vgc or singles or story or

Just in-game. None of these are probably ideal competitively, just what I figure their movesets will be by the end of the story. For flavor reasons I try to keep them all different natures, but also natures that actually make sense for their stats.

Also, there's other dudes I want to use, but the level-up mechanics have reverted to Gen 5s, meaning unless there's an Audino/Blissey equivalent, it's kind of hard to just add a new guy to your team and go, no?

Plus, when limited to 6, you grow more of a fondness for them, I think. Plus, it helps if I'm trying to keep a naming scheme.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
here is my story team

incineroar - whocares - whatever - doesnt matter - literally / any / four / moves - potion - calm

idk tho i may pick up a gumshoos because why not

e: the cross i will bear: im going to breed a bunch of female comp. salandits and hand them out like candy to the thread though, everyone could use a salazzle

im aware the gender rate is mega hosed, but the world needs salazzles

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 10, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember you're building for the 4 Kahunas and evil leaders but not any specific gym typing.
Kahunas: Fighting, Rock, Dark, Ground
Evil Teams: Poison/Fire, Poison/Dark, Bug/Water, Fairy
The trials are themed and the reward is a Z cyrystal of that type (and sometimes a bonus from a supporting character.) but they aren't gyms.

E: updated with 3rd Kahuna

Dehry fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 11, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Senerio posted:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Also, there's other dudes I want to use, but the level-up mechanics have reverted to Gen 5s, meaning unless there's an Audino/Blissey equivalent, it's kind of hard to just add a new guy to your team and go, no?

the exact opposite in fact, it specifically helps underleveled mons get up to speed without overleveling the already up to speed pokemon

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
the XP Share is still a toggle between "is on for everyone" and "is off for everyone" right?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kurieg posted:

the XP Share is still a toggle between "is on for everyone" and "is off for everyone" right?

Sure is.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I see some monsters got stat rebalances. If a transfer one of them from an older game to SunMoon using Pokébank, will their current stats change to reflect these changes?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

mandatory lesbian posted:

the exact opposite in fact, it specifically helps underleveled mons get up to speed without overleveling the already up to speed pokemon

Yeah, Gen 5 was really good for adding underleveled guys to your team, even without using the Audino battles.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pentaro posted:

I see some monsters got stat rebalances. If a transfer one of them from an older game to SunMoon using Pokébank, will their current stats change to reflect these changes?

yeah

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Is this true for the stat buffs that happened in Gen 6, i.e. a Pidgeot transferred from Gen 4/5 would benefit from the 10 base speed increase? Or does the Pokémon have to have the pentagon mark?

I'd just be glad to know I wouldn't have to re-breed my Arbok, Masquerain, etc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurieg posted:

It doesn't break the game over your knee in this one though like in X+Y. (I didn't play Gen 3 remakes, no idea how it works at all there). It does a good job of keeping everything at roughly appropriate levels for the content. You'll be above the trainers, but by like 2 or 3 levels maybe and the AI is fairly good at cheaping you like a player might. Wild Gastly using confuse ray and then popping a buddy into the fight and having them both Night Shade you etc.

Moon Lycanroc is a total dork and ugly as sin. Apparently though, you can catch the variant for the other game later on.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Senerio posted:

This has probably been answered already, but how soon can I catch a Mimikyu for myself?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

notoriousman posted:

Is this true for the stat buffs that happened in Gen 6, i.e. a Pidgeot transferred from Gen 4/5 would benefit from the 10 base speed increase? Or does the Pokémon have to have the pentagon mark?

I'd just be glad to know I wouldn't have to re-breed my Arbok, Masquerain, etc.

Pokemon stats are literally recalculated via an internal database based on species/EV/IV. Pidegot's stat spread will be reflected even in old Pidgeots from Gen IV or V transferred up.

Its also why trying to hack 999 into every stat doesn't work. They'll be recalculated properly.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

use this to min/max plan your team https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm not going to plan a team instead I'm going to let fate take its course as it unfolds

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Fairy Captain was awesome for all 5 seconds she appeared in game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Moon Lycanroc is a total dork and ugly as sin. Apparently though, you can catch the variant for the other game later on.

Yeah, I heard something like this that apparently you can change the "dimension" to catch other version's exclusives or something.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I was hoping this was just going to be a thing that pops up and says "use whichever pokemon friends you want for single player"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, I heard something like this that apparently you can change the "dimension" to catch other version's exclusives or something.

They might have the text in the game but I haven't seen anything about activating it after the elite four.

E:
Ultra Beast 03 has two to capture.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 10, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I'm not going to plan a team instead I'm going to let fate take its course as it unfolds

hell, same

train hard gamer

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

El Burbo posted:

this is proper and good, i can not same however as im using mimikyu no matter what bc it's too cute

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i need to know the version exclusives and the locations of everything before i can decide on a team

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Hello yes it is I. I haven't played a pokemans since X, since using the exp share caused my team to be massively overleveled and sucked all of the joy out of playing it.

Can I play through Sun/Moon with the exp share off and not end up comically underleveled? Or should I do something like keep two entirely separate teams leveled so the levels work out? I assume it was the same in ORAS.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sun has the good wolf, ninetales, passimian, buzzwole. so it's objectively better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Buzzwole alone is making me consider Sun, in my top ten favorite Mons this gen for sure.