Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

The touch screen in my car has been messed up for months. I sometimes can’t change the radio station. It’s still perfectly drivable.

It’s amazingly dumb to me that there are cars that are unusable if the touch screen breaks, and it’ll take months to fix.

Also I saw a cybertruck in the wild over the weekend and it looks like garbage, literally. My wife who doesn’t follow Tesla news at all and didn’t know what it was immediately said that it looks like a dumpster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The black cybertruck is no more

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

this is the only good tweet in 3000 pages

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Good I hate him. More than anyone now that Kissinger is touring the hells of all religions.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
I really wish I could see some cybertuk fires, I'm curious how long it takes thermal runaway to stop on that pig.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Peter Falk posted:

I really wish I could see some cybertuk fires, I'm curious how long it takes thermal runaway to stop on that pig.

The truck doesn't operate long enough for thermals to be an issue lol.

1-600-DOCTORB
Nov 29, 2004

Side effects may include gopherism, multi-brow, and tracheal meerkat colonies
Pillbug
I finally saw one in the wild, in the armpit of the deep south. It's too large for a parking space but somehow seems smaller than you'd think at the same time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It really is the stupidest looking car I’ve ever seen

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

1-600-DOCTORB posted:

I finally saw one in the wild, in the armpit of the deep south. It's too large for a parking space but somehow seems smaller than you'd think at the same time.

This took me 5 minutes in ms paint. I think I did okay.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

excited to see where this project goes!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
kiss my shiny metal rear end morty

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

1-600-DOCTORB posted:

I definitely play too many videogames because I am waiting for the model to load more detail as I get closer to the truck.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

AFewBricksShy posted:

This took me 5 minutes in ms paint. I think I did okay.

You’re breaching NDA posting the design docs like this

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Icept posted:

more like Lmao MK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qGYqHoMk6M

quote:

TESLA IS REFUSING TO GIVE ME A REPLACEMENT CYBERTRUCK! AFTER MINE HAS BEEN BROKEN 4 TIMES AND STUCK IN SERVICE! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING A TESLA YOU NEED TO SERIOUSLY RECONSIDER! THEY ARE TRYING TO SCREW ME OUT OF A TRUCK!!! NOBODY HIGHER UP WANTS TO HELP ME! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AT ALL! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

The whole Lamar MK saga is amazing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'm glad this is happening to this rear end in a top hat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MrQwerty posted:

I'm glad this is happening to this rear end in a top hat

- me seeing goatse after spending twenty years on this forum

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

The black cybertruck is no more

Elon invents the first car with ablative armor and you’re all making fun of him. smdh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they don't have any

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

no no, I'm sure the replacement Cybertruck they send him will be the one that doesn't break immediately

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

not only do they have a long list of justin biebers to give these things to, a good portion are probably broken on the lot

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

the @ list will keep increasing until you fix this Tesla. In a week everyone with a twitter account will be @-ed, he's not playing around

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the car is armored, and that armor is affixed to the entirely plastic frame with bubble gum and loose bolts.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Kit Walker posted:

Elon invents the first car with ablative armor Dino Damage and you’re all making fun of him. smdh

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
After doing a short stint in the auto electronic industry, I'm still amazed at how poorly the cybertrucks appear to be built at every turn. Literally been in one-off prototype cars with literally taped together wire harness that have better build quality and reliability than one of these things - I'd be so embarrassed to have my name anywhere near this thing, speaking as an angerneer.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

they don't have any

Having dealt with Tesla managers for a sales project at a previous job, honestly, it's just as likely they could and just don't give a gently caress. I've never dealt with a more uncommunicative, entitled bunch of assholes. They give you no way to contact them, never answer ANY communications, don't even make a pretense of trying to act like you're not beneath them, and when THEY need something, they expect you to do it instantly (and then will ghost you for weeks when you follow up). I dealt with some huge assholes at that job, but they were uniquely (and consistently) bad. I expect the customer experience is the same.

Also my former boss was a huge Elon simp and would name drop him all the time - it was embarrassing, and I could tell thee Tesla managers thought he was pathetic. I was glad to get out of there.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 14, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mudlark posted:

After doing a short stint in the auto electronic industry, I'm still amazed at how poorly the cybertrucks appear to be built at every turn. Literally been in one-off prototype cars with literally taped together wire harness that have better build quality and reliability than one of these things - I'd be so embarrassed to have my name anywhere near this thing, speaking as an angerneer.

It's not easy for a robotics/AI company to build cars, ok?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

happyhippy posted:

Elon will happily launch a doomed rocket full of Ian Miles Cheong and Dogedesigners to Mars

Please don't make me root for the billionair.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

AlmightyBob posted:

I'd really love to hear one of these people explain why they think it's worth above new msrp
Scarcity.
It's not like tesla's going to be making enough to fill all the preorders before they cancel the product.

Edit: tesla claims that there's more than 2 million preorders. I expect less than 100,000 will ever be built.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 14, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Meanwhile, on Mars.....

I really want someone to ask Elon some real basic questions about Mars. Size, location, approximate gravity, etc. Can he find it in the night sky? Can he name the current active missions on the surface? In orbit?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

ryde posted:

Please don't make me root for the billionair.

Look at all these idiots who didn't get their Ark Fleet Ship B ticket! F'ing Losers!

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Having dealt with Tesla managers for a sales project at a previous job, honestly, it's just as likely they could and just don't give a gently caress. I've never dealt with a more uncommunicative, entitled bunch of assholes. They give you no way to contact them, never answer ANY communications, don't even make a pretense of trying to act like you're not beneath them, and when THEY need something, they expect you to do it instantly (and then will ghost you for weeks when you follow up). I dealt with some huge assholes at that job, but they were uniquely (and consistently) bad. I expect the customer experience is the same.

lmao when Tesla did their first round of poaching - back in, like, 2013ish? 2014? - they took a ton of the worst managers and supervisors from my department and every last one of them was PRECISELY how you describe

Goddamn that's funny as gently caress to me

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
If this is supposed to help you survive the apocalypse or whatever how the hell are you supposed to charge it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If this is supposed to help you survive the apocalypse or whatever how the hell are you supposed to charge it

You don't have access to a massive, well-maintained and secure post-apocalyptic solar farm? :confused:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mudlark posted:

lmao when Tesla did their first round of poaching - back in, like, 2013ish? 2014? - they took a ton of the worst managers and supervisors from my department and every last one of them was PRECISELY how you describe

Goddamn that's funny as gently caress to me

This was in 2015/2016 so you may be on to something there!

You know they don't even have a human receptionist in their Fremont plant lobby? There's just a single computer that you're supposed to check in at, with no indication that the person you're there to meet actually knows you've arrived. You just kind of sit there and hope they didn't forget about you.

Also the parking sucks rear end - this seems like a minor thing, but when you're lugging around big, heavy office furniture samples that they requested to see, it's a huge deal. At the Fremont plant you either deal with the valet or hope for a parking spot, and at Palo Alto HQ? Ha haaaaaa, gently caress you, the tiny, tiny parking lot is ALWAYS full and the next closest overflow parking is literally a half mile away.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 14, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Seth Pecksniff posted:

musk thought of that, that's why it's designed to break down well before you ever need to recharge it precisely so you don't ever have to stress about that issue!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Musk's new charger initiative will make them apocalypse proof. By covering them in stainless steel.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
do not, my friends, become addicted to the 'trizity, for you will miss it greatly in its absence

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The cyber truck will soon be updated to run on biomatter, and search for it on its own when it is running low.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the cybertruck can run on epic memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

bobjr posted:

The cyber truck will soon be updated to run on biomatter, and search for it on its own when it is running low.

Fortunately Musk is somehow less competent than Ted Faro and the cybertruck will only recognize mailboxes as biomatter