Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Reuters is dying

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh, so it can look worse

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

kazil posted:

Elon is fighting the news again

20 bucks says he doesnt know what a misanthrope is.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you mis all the anthropes you don't take

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

kazil posted:

oh, so it can look worse

looks like brrear end

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the only real news comes from verified nazis on x the everthing pap

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

kazil posted:

oh, so it can look worse

In theory, is there a worse color? Dark brown, maybe?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

William Bear posted:

In theory, is there a worse color? Dark brown, maybe?

canary yellow

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Reuters is dying

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Stocks always go up on a failing company

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Tai posted:

Stocks always go up on a failing company

I mean....

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Steady growth is bad, what you want are wild unpredictable fluctuations

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bobjr posted:

I like how for some people they desperately want to interact with the AI like it’s a real human but don’t trust themselves to not try and gently caress it.

To be fair Musk is exactly the type of person who would make an incredibly sexual computer ai that constantly tries to get you to gently caress it (see also the enterprise holodeck computer successfully seducing Geordi in Booby Trap)

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
It'd be trained on nothing but incel screeds so it'd probably fail at even that

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tunicate posted:

To be fair Musk is exactly the type of person who would make an incredibly sexual computer ai that constantly tries to get you to gently caress it (see also the enterprise holodeck computer successfully seducing Geordi in Booby Trap)

Elon would be like Barclay and program his AI to be his friend

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

roffles posted:

I mean....

That was a legit jump. China is allowing limited FSD or something.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I heard this a few places, correct me if I'm wrong: isn't it kind of a thing that in China if you injure someone accidentally you better kill them otherwise you're on the hook for their well being for life or somesuch? I can see why FSD would work well in such a liability environment

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Reuters?

MORE LIKE WRONGERS!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

@elon, besides X, the Everything App, which news sources can I trust??!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

priznat posted:

Isn’t it the motors are underpowered for such a massive wiper blade and they die? lol

Good luck finding any sort of written documentation on what's going on with the TRUKK. I had a hard time finding anything on Tesla's website.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

ryde posted:

and the solar system can handle quite a bit more than 8 billion humans

the rest of the solar system can currently be inhabited by 0 people

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Tai posted:

That was a legit jump. China is allowing limited FSD or something.

I thought it was because Elon says that they were canceling robo taxis to work on the cheap Model 2 instead, and then immediately did a180 after the stock jumped.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

ryde posted:

You've gotta have quite the mush brain to think "Maybe 8 billion humans is a bit too many, we should have less children and make do with a lower population" is equivalent to "We need to exterminate humanity so lets start up the meat grinder."

People who talk about overpopulation are not advocating for wholesale slaughter of billions of humans. Having fewer children is not a holocaust.

I understand Musk believes that we will populate the solar system, and the solar system can handle quite a bit more than 8 billion humans, but maybe get that working and figure out how to actually share those resources well before we start pumping out billions more children. Even if we spread out into space, our future would look more like The Expanse than anything he's thinking of.

Musk genuinely believes Earth can support a population of one trillion humans, because he did the math and knows there's enough space to physically fit them all on the planet. The ket fog on his brain didn't let him think there are maybe other factors to consider

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Let's zoom out on dogedesigner's reuters semrush graph a bit.

Pictured: a dying website or... a news website that had spikes in traffic in June and October of 2023

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

kazil posted:

Elon would be like Barclay and program his AI to be his friend

That was Geordi LaForge who made an AI hologram girlfriend based on an actual scientist.

Barclay used the holodeck to fantasize being cooler than Riker and Picard and that Troi found him attractive.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HDbDXeRSPw

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Willatron posted:

That was Geordi LaForge who made an AI hologram girlfriend based on an actual scientist.

He didn't ask for a girlfriend but the computer decided to make the work hologram horny

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wa27 posted:

Let's zoom out on dogedesigner's reuters semrush graph a bit.

Pictured: a dying website or... a news website that had spikes in traffic in June and October of 2023

Poster wa27 is dying! Organic traffic on their posts is down 75%!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

WhyteRyce posted:

The black cybertruck is no more

I'm not actually sure how this thing is held together. It's like they just carefully stuck a bunch of pieces together on popsicle sticks.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

biznatchio posted:

If the situation from the front end teardown video is showing the common case, then the water that falls on the windshield (and the wiper fluid sprayed on the windshield) all basically gets channeled and falls directly on the wiper motor before dribbling down into the rest of the front end (including soaking the soundproofing material).

A well-designed, well thought out vehicle.

It’s like a fractal of shittiness

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Waffle House posted:

I'm not actually sure how this thing is held together. It's like they just carefully stuck a bunch of pieces together on popsicle sticks.

load bearing sheet metal

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

WhyteRyce posted:

The black cybertruck is no more

So those "bulletproof stainless steel panels" are just... glued on?

LifeSunDeath posted:

the car is armored, and that armor is affixed to the entirely plastic frame with bubble gum and loose bolts.

Powershift posted:

So the initial sales pitch was that it would be structural stainless steel.

The reality is that it's built exactly like a stainless steel refrigerator. just decorative panels over stamped steel/plastic

Kit Walker posted:

Elon invents the first car with ablative armor and you’re all making fun of him. smdh

:roflolmao:

Burning_Monk posted:

I definitely play too many videogames because I am waiting for the model to load more detail as I get closer to the truck.

I was going to say it looks like a concept render laid over a photo of another vehicle, but I like that more.

Dwesa posted:

the rest of the solar system can currently be inhabited by 0 people

ExCUSE me, there are at least, like, a dozen people in space RIGHT NOW!
in close orbit around Earth. And they can't stay up there for more than a month or so.

Waffle House posted:

Well, that gray structure is actually cast aluminum (part of the oft-touted "gigacasting") but maybe they are referring to literally everything else, including the bed inside panels, as being plastic.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Waffle House posted:

:lol: The Trukk didn't even hold it together long enough to get a real plate.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Total Party Kill posted:

Reuters?

MORE LIKE WRONGERS!

You’d think, but I bet he thinks it’s pronounced “rooters” so he’d never come up with this joke

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

AFewBricksShy posted:

This took me 5 minutes in ms paint. I think I did okay.

It's funny because reducing its length does make its design cuter and less stupid

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Mudlark posted:

lmao when Tesla did their first round of poaching - back in, like, 2013ish? 2014? - they took a ton of the worst managers and supervisors from my department and every last one of them was PRECISELY how you describe

Goddamn that's funny as gently caress to me

The one time at my job that some rear end in a top hat director came in and yelled at me like he was Gordon Ramsay, I took note of his name to avoid him forever. What do you know, 2 years later he's a VP at Tesla.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Squiggle posted:

I swear to god when my 2004 MDX dies I'm just buying a loving horse.

EDIT: oops, conflated this with the "post every time you notice something got shittier" thread's recent wailing about modern cars

Cars in general are way more reliable and (outside of the US with its pickup fetish) safer than they used to be. Most car companies aren't run by outspoken fascists who are trying to reverse these trends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Darchangel posted:

Well, that gray structure is actually cast aluminum (part of the oft-touted "gigacasting") but maybe they are referring to literally everything else, including the bed inside panels, as being plastic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯